Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

32 minutes ago, Modal said:

Especially when it's the green roof style :sick:

Won't this be just for the anniversary sets?

Edited by LOTR34

Wow, this indeed sounds incredible! As a kid who got hooked on Lego in the 2000's because of the Harry Potter sets, I can't wait to see modern interpretations of some of my all time favorite sets! I had most of them except a few, which includes the Fluffy set and the Chamber of Secrets so seeing these specifically being remade is a dream come true. The Chamber of Secrets with the Basilisk has been a white whale of mine since forever and I can't wait to add this to my collection! Hopefully the Basilisk uses some new molds this time around.

Unlike the modern castle sets, I will probably end up displaying the interiors of these so I don't really mind having 2 great halls. Well 3 if you include the 2010 version :grin:

When did minifigure leaks first start coming out last year, I can't seem to remember?

1 minute ago, dysnomia said:

The strangest choice for me is the great hall, the last one they made is still availabe.

It's actually not that strange a choice. The current Great Hall set was supposed to go out of production after December 2020 but that has been postponed because of it's popularity. Back when they were making these sets, which would be 1/1,5 year ago, they didn't know that yet.

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

Won't be this be just for the anniversary sets?

Possibly. We're not sure yet. 

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's actually not that strange a choice. The current Great Hall set was supposed to go out of production after December 2020 but that has been postponed because of it's popularity. Back when they were making these sets, which would be 1/1,5 year ago, they didn't know that yet.

Yup, it’s like how two Flying Fords were available as the Whomping Willow was also kept on shelves due to its popularity. :)

Oh wow a lot to unpack here.

Four anniversary sets? That's really great honestly, as all of them are based on some really interesting stuff. I wonder if they are meant to be in tone of other sets or are they more "one and done" type of stuff (another Great Hall would point to it).

Advent Calendar with... a board game element? What doe that mean tho? The minfigures sound good tho.

So I guess the other 5 sets are based on DH, as I don't think they'd release another anniversary wave just 2 months after. I think we'll get another Hogwarts expansion and Gringotts, plus three other sets (like Forbidden Forest or Malfoy's Manor).

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Possibly. We're not sure yet. 

I hope it's just the anniversary,if from now on the rooftops are green the it'll much terribly with the grey rooftops from the previous expansions.

An interesitng list for sure. I'm excited to see how the gold minifigures turn out. Really excited to see Hogsmede finally getting made. 

The board game element of the Advent Calemdar sounds exciting. I wonder if Dudley In Pjs might have a printed pig tail/mould. 

Looks like the Great Hall might become the Snowspeeder/X-Wing of the Harry Potter line :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Or is that actually enough to cover both movies? 

OotP and HBP both got two dedicated sets each (the latter one fourth of another set in addition, technically), so 5 sets would actually be more than those two got :laugh: They of course can't cover everything with that, but a good chunk of it should be achievable. And I imagine they'll release sets based on all 8 films from this point forward instead of cycling through the films again, so we could see more sets from the latter half of the series next year 

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

I hope it's just the anniversary,if from now on the rooftops are green the it'll much terribly with the grey rooftops from the previous expansions.

Except it would make the green roof pieces in the Astronomy Tower make a bit more sense. Still Promobricks suggests this new Castle set is not to be joined with the old one so ... :shrug_confused:

11 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

When did minifigure leaks first start coming out last year, I can't seem to remember?

Around the middle of March. Two years ago it was at the end of February, so it has to be somewhere around that timeframe :wink:

3 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I wonder if Dudley In Pjs might have a printed pig tail/mould. 

Has to be a print since ACs don't introduce new moulds. Unless a mould like that pops up elsewhere before, that is... (Porky Pig?)

It seems pretty clear that the green rooftops are based on the first ever Harry Potter sets, and this is a miniwave that goes together like ye sets of olde.

Pretty funny that Accurate Lockhart is gated here in the most expensive set but oh well.

The Chamber Of Secrets and the return of the Basilisk? YES!!!

As long as its as good as the old set or better, then I'm definitely getting that one. No interest in anything else in the set though.

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

10 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Yup, it’s like how two Flying Fords were available as the Whomping Willow was also kept on shelves due to its popularity. :)

That makes sense. Although having two similar 100+€ sets at the same time is quite different than having two cars available at the same time in different sets. I guess Lego must have a lot of faith in the theme (which is good).

Also, it seems the sets will continue to have great value for money in terms of builds, parts and figures, which is great.

Here's a quick overview of all the 2021 information that has been made public so far:  

January
76382 - $29.99 - 241 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Transfiguration Class - McGonagall, Ron, Hermione
76383 - $29.99 - 271 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Potions Class - Snape, Draco, Seamus
76384 - $29.99 - 233 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Herbology Class - Sprout, Neville, Cedric
76385 - $29.99 - 256 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Charms Class - Flitwick, Harry, Cho

June
76386 - $19.99 - 217 pieces - Polyjuice Bathroom - Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe, Hermione (cat), Gold Harry
76387 - $39.99 - 397 pieces - Fluffy - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Hermione
76388 - $79.99 - 851 pieces - Hogsmeade (Honeydukes and the Three Broomsticks) - Harry, Dean, McGonagall, Madam Rosmerta, Mr Flume, Mrs Flume, Gold Ron
76389 - $129.99 - 1176 pieces - Hogwarts (Great Hall remake and Chamber of Secrets with Basilisk) - Harry, Ginny, Dumbledore, Nearly Headless Nick, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Sinestra, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, Gold Voldemort

August(?)
76391 - $249.99
76392 - $59.99
76393 - $119.99
76394 - $39.99
76395 - $29.99

September
76390 - $39.99 - 274 pieces - Advent Calendar - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dudley, Griphook

This sounds pretty awesome! However I’m not sure how to feel about Chamber of Secrets being locked behind a set i already have... ah, oh well, I know I’ll buy it anyway! (Dangit, I said I wouldn’t buy any remakes but I’ve walked right into Lego’s trap!)

I hope the golden minifigs are completely made up of pearl gold parts, so more like Golden Wu from Ninjago City Gardens as opposed to the ninja in gold outfits, which all have their regular face prints. Moreover, I wonder which versions of these characters they're basing these on. For the golden trio, probably the current PS versions and for Goldemort, it has to be the GoF-onward version :classic:

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here's a quick overview of all the 2021 information that has been made public so far:  

January
76382 - $29.99 - 241 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Transfiguration Class - McGonagall, Ron, Hermione
76383 - $29.99 - 271 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Potions Class - Snape, Draco, Seamus
76384 - $29.99 - 233 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Herbology Class - Sprout, Neville, Cedric
76385 - $29.99 - 256 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Charms Class - Flitwick, Harry, Cho

June
76386 - $19.99 - 217 pieces - Polyjuice Bathroom - Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe, Hermione (cat), Gold Harry
76387 - $39.99 - 397 pieces - Fluffy - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Hermione
76388 - $79.99 - 851 pieces - Hogsmeade (Honeydukes and the Three Broomsticks) - Harry, Dean, McGonagall, Madam Rosmerta, Mr Flume, Mrs Flume, Gold Ron
76389 - $129.99 - 1176 pieces - Hogwarts (Great Hall remake and Chamber of Secrets with Basilisk) - Harry, Ginny, Dumbledore, Nearly Headless Nick, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Sinestra, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, Gold Voldemort

August(?)
76391 - $249.99
76392 - $59.99
76393 - $119.99
76394 - $39.99
76395 - $29.99

September
76390 - $39.99 - 274 pieces - Advent Calendar - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dudley, Griphook

Perhaps we could get Captain Nemo to add all this to the front page like he did last year?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Perhaps we could get Captain Nemo to add all this to the front page like he did last year?

Already send him a request to do so through PM :wink:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I hope the golden minifigs are completely made up of pearl gold parts, so more like Golden Wu from Ninjago City Gardens as opposed to the ninja in gold outfits, which all have their regular face prints. Moreover, I wonder which versions of these characters they're basing these on. For the golden trio, probably the current PS versions and for Goldemort, it has to be the GoF-onward version :classic:

If we're calling Anniversary Voldemort Goldemort now I want to start calling Anniversary Harry Garry :laugh_hard:

I am super excited about Hogsmeade. Getting two of the best buildings from the town and for only $80? That's fantastic news for me. I'm hoping for a remake of the Shrieking Shack down the road to pair with it. 

I think I'll just have to see this Hogwarts Anniversary set before I make a decision. I'll also have to see what all the second wave sets will be due to finite funds. And the Forbidden Corridor with Fluffy sounds fantastic as well.

As for the board game comment with the Advent calendar, I'm wondering if it means a chess board? That makes sense with Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone being the theme.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If we're calling Anniversary Voldemort Goldemort now I want to start calling Anniversary Harry Garry :laugh_hard:

Any suggestions for Ron and Hermione? :laugh:

Just now, girlie-site-boots said:

When do we think Lego will release images?

At the end of April :classic:

All this has certainly made me feel less disappointed about missing out on the CNY sets because I waited for Black Friday! Gonna be a lot to buy!

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Any suggestions for Ron and Hermione? :laugh:

Well Gon and Germione are obvious but they don't sound that catchy :tongue:

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

How about Rongold Weasley?

*ding* *ding* *ding* WE HAVE A WINNER!