Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Did Lego just read my wishlist and decided to make all them? PS and COS are my two favorite films so seeing them get more love is great and I can’t say no to another Lockhart variant! I know I said I would never buy a re-release but the great hall doubling as Chamber of Secret is my only exception. I really can’t wait what other sets this wave brings, fingers crossed for a second task since it seems most of the films are being covered 

1 minute ago, Maple said:

76387 is an expansion to the new HogWorts? This kind of pisses me off. I just spent $160 on the 3 of the 4 big sets thinking they would continue on.

I think this is an anniversary-only thing and they'll go back to the ''normal'' sections in August. But that's just speculation.

Weren't the original 2001 sets also somewhat modular? Could this just be an homage to that, with the green roofs and whatnot?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I think this is an anniversary-only thing and they'll go back to the ''normal'' sections in August. But that's just speculation.

Is it confirmed that there will be an August wave?

Just now, RODDY said:

I really can’t wait what other sets this wave brings, fingers crossed for a second task since it seems most of the films are being covered 

This is the entire wave. There's another one coming in August but that should be based on Deathly Hallows (don't quote me on that though).

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Weren't the original 2001 sets also somewhat modular? Could this just be an homage to that, with the green roofs and whatnot?

That's what I'm thinking as well. 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

This makes a lot of sense tbh, considering they just released the Astronomy Tower and are extending the 2018 Great Hall's shelf life.

10 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

Since apparently all of them can connect one with the other I wouldn't be surprised if they would work as a standalone "piece/collection".

Could be , another smart way to get the theme going without using up all the set ideas in one year, much like the books..
Even with Hogsmeade, they can make several sets in the future:

1. Zonko's Joke Shop
  2. Shrieking Shack
  3. train station
  4. Hog's Head
  5. Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop

Btw there better be owls in the sets :devil:

Wait I had no idea about an August wave. What size can we expect from that wave? Does that mean Gringotts won't be coming in June?

What if the $250 is a Hogwarts expansion to the micro Hogwarts :grin:

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Wait I had no idea about an August wave. What size can we expect from that wave? Does that mean Gringotts won't be coming in June?

All the sets I reported on that aren't part of this anniversary wave should come out in August.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

All the sets I reported on that aren't part of this anniversary wave should come out in August.

Oh. Well that's disappointing then. Honestly not a huge fan of the sets announced today.

Any idea on when we'll get info on those?

Edited by Modal

Are they already going back to films 1 and 2???

It seems DH is really too dark for TLG to release sets 

At least last time there were of couple of DH sets

Just now, Modal said:

Oh. Well that's disappointing then. Honestly not a huge fan of the sets announced today.

There are a lot of very good things that a lot of people asked for but I feel like it was a huge mistake to change the Hogwarts aesthetic so drastically.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are a lot of very good things that a lot of people asked for but I feel like it was a huge mistake to change the Hogwarts aesthetic so drastically.

Especially when it's the green roof style :sick:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

This isn't based on any particular info but I have a feeling this is just for the anniversary wave: stackable modular sets with green roofs to mimick the old ones. I think in August they'll go back to normal. 

I hope they revert to the normal style. It doesn't make sense for kids who've been collecting the modular castle to abandon what they've collected and start another collection.

If the other unnamed sets are all we're getting for DH in August, I think it's all but confirmed that the $120 will be the Hogwarts playset expansion and $250 will be Gringotts.

Edited by Modal

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Are they already going back to films 1 and 2???

It seems DH is really too dark for TLG to release sets 

At least last time there were of couple of DH sets

The august wave will be (most likely) based on DH.Set numbers 76392-95 are most likely the DH sets.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

So is the Harry in the advent calendar going to be the one in the Silencio  box?

Yes :classic: Not overly exciting for those who already own DA, but a nice addition for the those who don't

Btw, now I'm really glad we got the info in this form rather than having to wait for the minifig leaks, as originally anticipated :tongue: The guessing game wouldn't have been all that interesting with the anniversary sets

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Btw, now I'm really glad we got the info in this form rather than having to wait for the minifig leaks, as originally anticipated :tongue: The guessing game wouldn't have been all that interesting with the anniversary sets

Very true! 

I really like how everything sounds, though it sucks that that leaves us with less probable DH sets :sad: 5 to be exact? Or is that actually enough to cover both movies? 

37 minutes ago, Modal said:

Honestly I'd love that. I'ts one of my favourtie sets and an expansion would be fantastic.

The anniversary sets sound interesting too. It makes sense they'd go back to the first movies for them. I'm not too sure how the gold minifigs will look like but they could be interesting.

It's good to finally see lego revisit Hogmsade, It's one of the main things I've wanted since I first heard about the reboot. The strangest choice for me is the great hall, the last one they made is still available.

Edited by dysnomia