Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Personally, I found that article pretty funny :laugh: If you read it in German it's obvious very early on that it's a self-parody of the toy fair livetickers from the last few years. Some of the humour probably got lost in translation :shrug_oh_well:

On 1/25/2021 at 10:46 AM, Guyon2002 said:

I was talking about Scabior but wrote Yaxley, my bad :laugh_hard:

That explains it :laugh: I forgot Scabior also had that hairpiece in the game, never made much sense to me. I agree with your suggestion though, I could definitely see Sirius‘ hairpiece working. Another option I‘d be down for is Moody‘s hairpiece in dark brown.

...or they could always dust off a classic, Dastan‘s hairpiece :tongue: Please don‘t

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I found that article pretty funny :laugh: If you read it in German it's obvious very early on that it's a self-parody of the toy fair livetickers from the last few years. Some of the humour probably got lost in translation :shrug_oh_well:

Exactly this! Zusammengebaut posts crazy things from time to time, it's nothing that unusual and their fans and visitors are very well aware of that!

36 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

If anyone has the Monster Book of Monster, is it worth the inflated cost people are charging for it online (around £40-50)?

It's a decent build but to me it isn't worth paying an inflated price.  I hunted one down through Barnes & Noble after missing out on their Black Friday GWP deal before we found out definitely that Shop@Home would be offering it as a GWP.  I ended up returning the one I had bought from Barnes & Noble because to me it wasn't worth paying $25 for a second copy I didn't need of something I had eventually ended up getting for "free".  If you are a completest or "need" to have it it may be worth it to you but personally I have a hard time justifying paying more than full price for any set and try to find deals where I can.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I really like Andres humour and energy :grin: Most of the humour on this was lost in translation however I do not have any bad feelings to the cite for that reason :shrug_oh_well:

FB is wrapping up the 3rd film next week , looking forward to seeing it 2022 :excited:

8 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

If anyone has the Monster Book of Monster, is it worth the inflated cost people are charging for it online (around £40-50)?

As an investition - yes it is worth, but neither as display. I have it for free from Lego Shop and i definitly wont open it, I prefer to keep it for some years and try to sell it later.

On 25/01/2021 at 9:06 AM, Guyon2002 said:

What hairpiece do you have in mind for Scabior? For me personally Sirius' hair would be fine and also wouldn't require a recolor. The game used Will Turners hair but that always felt off to me :shrug_oh_well:

I used the Will Turner piece for both, I painted one Tan for Yaxley. I still think this is the best piece for both, as they both have low hanging ponytails rather than one half way up the head as Kanan's hairpiece does. 

_20190612_105523

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvmahpU3aLnR4MtCeFp9c

478329.png

During the Battle of Hogwarts and a few other scenes, from the front Scabior has messier hair so does look a bit like Sirius', but I think the Will Turner piece is still the nearest. 

b8d468e8e49a9ae8598e540537ecabb2.jpg

I read Scabior has a red streak in his hair (I'm colourblind and can't see it) which is why I mentioned a new print for him. 

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

...or they could always dust off a classic, Dastan‘s hairpiece :tongue: Please don‘t

True, Scabior's hair looks exactly the same as Wormtails and Snapes. And Tonks. And Ron :laugh:

Edited by Seaber

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

FB is wrapping up the 3rd film next week , looking forward to seeing it 2022 :excited:

I didn’t know that! Very exciting 😁

I might be in the minority, but I would love to see some more FB sets down the line. Especially if there will be more Hogwarts in the next three films. A young Newt and Leta would be too cute not to get as figures. 😍

TBH don't you think that ,,Fantastic Beasts'' name of the series is a bit... missed? I mean, FB would have been more sucessful if they had named it ''Wizarding World:...''. So many people don't even connect it with HP and Wizarding World...

1 hour ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I might be in the minority, but I would love to see some more FB sets down the line. Especially if there will be more Hogwarts in the next three films. A young Newt and Leta would be too cute not to get as figures. 😍

Might be the minority but not the only one, I would love to get more FB sets :excited:

Newt's Basement from CoG would be especially cool to get. Kelpie, Augurey, baby Nifflers, Leucrotta, etc.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Might be the minority but not the only one, I would love to get more FB sets :excited:

Newt's Basement from CoG would be especially cool to get. Kelpie, Augurey, baby Nifflers, Leucrotta, etc.

I think the tricky think with the baby nifflers is that the niffler piece is already about as small as you can make it.

I think the most likely beasts to get if we do get anymore FB sets are: The Zouwu, the matagots and the Mooncalves.

The Zouwu was basically the main new beast of the second film, the matagots are in an important action scene too and the mooncalves appeared in both films.

Count me in too. I‘m very happy with the deluxe treatment HP is getting, but I wouldn‘t mind the occasional FB set to spice things up :classic:

baby Nifflers

Given how small the regular Niffler mould is, this could be a tricky one :tongue: Any smaller and you might accidentally inhale them :snicker:

Edit: Ninja’d 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Woohoo, Eurobricks is back. :)

I also wonder if that upcoming HBO Max series of HP will result in sets for it.

I wouldn't say no either to more FB sets.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think the tricky think with the baby nifflers is that the niffler piece is already about as small as you can make it.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Given how small the regular Niffler mould is, this could be a tricky one :tongue: Any smaller and you might accidentally inhale them :snicker:

To each their own but I wouldn't mind if they'd just recolored the existing Niffler piece :shrug_oh_well:

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

To each their own but I wouldn't mind if they'd just recolored the existing Niffler piece :shrug_oh_well:

I think this would be the best way to do it for sure! 

Might be another controversial opinion, but I actually hope the HBO series isn’t about Harry, Ron and Hermione. I’d love to see more of Hogwarts but their story is done IMO and I think to “expand” the wizarding world, you have to do just that; focus on new characters and new storylines.

37 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Might be another controversial opinion, but I actually hope the HBO series isn’t about Harry, Ron and Hermione. I’d love to see more of Hogwarts but their story is done IMO and I think to “expand” the wizarding world, you have to do just that; focus on new characters and new storylines.

The concept of the books adapted in a TV-show format sounds interesting because they wouldn't have to cut out as much content from the books but other than that it's just more of the same and I'm not that interested in something like that. I agree that something brand new would be best, definetely wouldn't say no to some cameos from the original cast though :wink:

39 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I agree, I think the HP films are good and tell their story in a satisfying way. However something different like FB could be interesting to see since it is a very fascinating wizarding world :classic:

Not that I suspect a Harry Potter TV series will ever happen (or at the very least, nothing being discussed by executives in 2021 will reach the screen) but if it did I'd like to see it in the period shortly after the original series, and following certain supporting characters. We don't need to focus on Harry, Ron and Hermione - but I'm not averse to them being characters of a similar profile to Robin Arryn, never in more than an episode or two a year. In fact, I think a Hogwarts-set story would be perfect. That way the locations can be our anchor to the world (and Neville/Hannah can serve as the link to the characters people already know and love) but the principal players can be all new. And maybe they'll put Peeves in, so he can come in minifigure form again.

I don't know if anybody else has posted about this yet, but according to Zusammengebaut this summer's Hogwarts expansion will have Moaning Myrtle's bathroom and there will be a 2000+ part 2-in-1 set with Powered Up that looks like a broomstick.

https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-keine-spielwarenmesse-2021-alle-lego-neuheiten-113557/

Edit, the joke's on me, apparently.  It's not April 1, and Zusammengebaut is usually a trustworthy source.  Sorry about that.

The entire article was a joke by Zusammengebaut, and they admitted as such deep in the comments.  I don't usually read the comments on Zusammengebaut, so I took the article at face value even though it seemed a little strange.  I'm sorry for posting something false.  It was entirely unintentional.  Gosh darnit, the 27th of January is not the 1st of April!

Edited by icm

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The concept of the books adapted in a TV-show format sounds interesting because they wouldn't have to cut out as much content from the books but other than that it's just more of the same and I'm not that interested in something like that. I agree that something brand new would be best, definetely wouldn't say no to some cameos from the original cast though :wink:

I honestly think the books in a series format would be fantastic - one season for one book, one episode for one chapter.

The difference is, I think it would work much better if it was animated. No one would complain about reboots and recasts.

And on the side they could continue the live-action universe. 

I don't think we really need a HP TV series based off the main book series because:

1. All the tension with Rowling would probably cause problems

2. The films were and still are incredibly popular and a remake isn't needed

3. If you want a really book accurate version, just read the books/listen to the audiobooks.