Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

@Tommy269: Nice list :thumbup: Crabbe certainly won‘t show up in any DH sets though, given his replacement by Blaise. Luckily, there‘s plenty of other set opportunities for these two numbnuts :laugh:

I‘m also doubtful about the Carrows. Their only contributions are being namedropped by Neville and getting knocked out by Snape deflecting McGonagall‘s spells. Doesn‘t exactly scream ‚set material‘ to me :snicker:

@Tommy269 I'd say Neville might make an appearance - Lego seems to like him - and he does have a pretty memorable role at the end of the movie with Nagini. Seamus also has a fun part along with Neville and McGonagall - 'Bow it up? Boom?' 'Boom!' Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics.' I could see a bridge set perhaps with those two and Fenrir. I think and really hope we will get Narcissa Malfoy and would also love a Kreacher and Bogrod.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Tommy269 I'd say Neville might make an appearance - Lego seems to like him - and he does have a pretty memorable role at the end of the movie with Nagini. Seamus also has a fun part along with Neville and McGonagall - 'Bow it up? Boom?' 'Boom!' Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics.' I could see a bridge set perhaps with those two and Fenrir. I think and really hope we will get Narcissa Malfoy and would also love a Kreacher and Bogrod.

Kreacher is one I definitely forgot. I think a covered bridge with Neville, Seamus and some death eater would be a great. I think a McGonagall in her black outfit with a grey hair piece would be a great addition. I think that there is a strong possibility for 2 Hogwarts expansions. One at the $70 price range with the courtyard and the brown covered bridge. Like mentioned before. And maybe one at the $130 price range with the bell towers and a boat house. That would a good place to put the giant knights that McGonagall controls.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Tommy269: Nice list :thumbup: Crabbe certainly won‘t show up in any DH sets though, given his replacement by Blaise. Luckily, there‘s plenty of other set opportunities for these two numbnuts :laugh:

I‘m also doubtful about the Carrows. Their only contributions are being namedropped by Neville and getting knocked out by Snape deflecting McGonagall‘s spells. Doesn‘t exactly scream ‚set material‘ to me :snicker:

I mean, we got Susan Bones, Bozo, and Florian Fortesque! 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I could see a bridge set perhaps with those two and Fenrir

It's been a while since I watched the films and even longer since I read the books, but was it not Scabior who was at the bridge? As I remember the Death Eaters who crossed all died when it blew up, but Fenrir must have made it into the castle to kill Lavender.

I'd much prefer a Scabior minifigure anyway - werewolves are one of my least favourite fiction stocks, and the torso for Scabior could be very useful in other creations.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I assume he might post it anonymously at some point. A few weeks from now. And it wont be that obvious

He do not earn any money on that, so if he has any info he will probably wait until he can make a video. If you make money of Lego news, why give them away for free :sceptic:

Did we not get HP info last year from the German toy-fair from a random participant (or was that the year before?), so I hope we get some set names at least:wink:

7 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I mean, we got Susan Bones, Bozo, and Florian Fortesque! 

Fair point. But Bozo and Fortesque at least have a distinctive look to them, while the Carrows may just as well be random Death Eaters (which they actually are IMO because they wouldn’t stand out in a crowd unlike some of their prominent peers) :grin:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Did we not get HP info last year from the German toy-fair from a random participant (or was that the year before?), so I hope we get some set names at least:wink:

That was last year. I still find it funny that despite the confusion his descriptions caused, he still got everything right. We didn‘t know if he was talking about the Hedwig statue or minifig-scaled version when he described the open wings and both ended up having them. Then, he confused Privet Drive with the Burrow and both were released as sets. Moreover, he was correct about there being a large D2C set :laugh:

But I highly doubt we‘ll get something similar this year. There might be some special online conference during BrandNew where they show 2HY stuff to retailers, but I‘m not sure they‘re willing to risk it. I think they’ll rely on the good ol’ watermarked retail catalogues instead. Don‘t expect anything and you won‘t be disappointed

For DH villains they fall into three rough tiers IMO. 

Main characters: Voldemort, Bellatrix, Draco, Lucius, Narcissa 

Limited screen time: Yaxley, Scabior, Greyback, Thicknesse

Minor: Carrows, Rowle, Dolohov

All the main characters seem likely, either in a Malfoy Manor or Battle of Hogwarts set, apart from Narcissa's hair possibly, only new prints would be needed. 

The characters from the second tier could also appear in at least two possible sets, and only Yaxley and Scabior would need recoloured hair pieces. 

The third tier are possible, but compared to the other bad guys are not very recognisable. Still, only new torso prints needed here, as face prints and hair pieces all already available. 

56 minutes ago, Seaber said:

The characters from the second tier could also appear in at least two possible sets, and only Yaxley and Scabior would need recoloured hair pieces. 

What hairpiece do you have in mind for Scabior? For me personally Sirius' hair would be fine and also wouldn't require a recolor. The game used Will Turners hair but that always felt off to me :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Guyon2002

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

What hairpiece do you have in mind for Yaxley? For me personally Sirius' hair would be fine and also wouldn't require a recolor. The game used Will Turners hair but that always felt off to me :shrug_oh_well:

Yaxley does have a ponytail though, so I think it’d be either Will Turner‘s or Kanan Jarrus‘ hairpiece. The latter is smoother and would probably work better for him :classic: Either way, the ponytail is way too short, but the only alternative without resorting to a new piece would be Elsa‘s :laugh_hard:

And Sirius‘ hairpiece wouldn‘t work in the slightest, are we talking about the same Yaxley here? :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

On 1/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, LegoFjotten said:

Built the first of the book sets the other day (Transfiguration), and thought it was pretty decent. 

In terms of value for money it doesn't compare too well against some of the other smaller sets though, like the Room of Requirement or Forbidden Forest. May be somewhat an regional issue, costing about 40 EURO in Norway.

€40!? I thought €35 was too much already...

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

With a Harry Potter series coming on HBO Max, I wonder if this theme could actually have a longer lifespan than we'd expect...

That's what I was thinking as well. And if it spawns more HP TV series the line might last longer than we intially thought. 

Going back to the probable possibility of a Gringotts set.  I'm curious how LEGO will pull off the suggestion of an underground section.  If I were to guess then I think they might have the main atrium raised from ground level by an entrance staircase so that some idea of descent to the vaults could be conveyed.  Perhaps we'll get a section beyond the atrium including vaults and if we're lucky a modest bit of rollercoaster track to move a kart between levels.  It would be nice to have several vaults (Harry's, Philosopher's stone, Bellatrix's, an empty vault for the Weasleys, etc), and the space beneath an elevated atrium would be perfect for that.

I'd like the dragon too although I'm personally not fussed about having it perched over the top of the bank, it doesn't really do this in the films or books as it is depicted in the the theme parks (which I don't consider "canon" and am glad didn't influence the Diagon Alley set).  As for figures, I don't think we need a reused Harry/Hagrid from PS so I think it'll likely be purely DH based:

- Harry (unlikely reappearance of the invisibility cloak, perhaps enlarged?)

- Ron (with bearded faceprint on one side)

- Hermione/Bellatrix (with dual faceprint and two hairpieces)

- Griphook (exact same as CMF except for faceprint, as with Dobby)

- Bogrod (white goblin hairpiece)

- Younger goblin with reddish brown hair

- Older Goblin

- 2x human guards

I don't think this would fit on a 16x32 baseplate so it would be either 32x32 (more sensible for outside appearance with the centre facing the middle of the rest of the street) or two 16x32 baseplates which might be better for the interior but I'm not convinced would look so good outside.

Apologies for the needless pop at the Weasleys...

On 1/25/2021 at 12:15 AM, Alexandrina said:

It's been a while since I watched the films and even longer since I read the books, but was it not Scabior who was at the bridge? As I remember the Death Eaters who crossed all died when it blew up, but Fenrir must have made it into the castle to kill Lavender.

I'd much prefer a Scabior minifigure anyway - werewolves are one of my least favourite fiction stocks, and the torso for Scabior could be very useful in other creations.

Scabior was on the bridge in the film yes, but Greyback was somewhere too as you say because he enters the castle and attacks Lavender. I was just thinking of a figure they might reuse in that set when I mentioned Fenrir.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Very exciting, Myrtle's bathroom could mean we get Crabbe and Goyle figs or a new Lockhart and presumably a Myrtle reappearance.  Will be interested whether this is designed to join Chamber of Secrets set with the concealed chute in the sinks or whether a Slytherin common room is also in the Hogwarts expansion.  I'd probably prefer the latter and that would just leave Hufflepuff representation left in the Hogwarts sets.

The 2-in-1 technic set sounds like a pass for me but I can see there being a moulded firebolt or something in a little side build that grabs my attention, like the exclusive Harry with the Hedwig set.

Shrunken head statue also sounds like a pass... and a very unexpected set if true!

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Zusammengebaut posted a little bit of HP news earlier on their live thread. https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-keine-spielwarenmesse-2021-alle-lego-neuheiten-113557/

There's a 2-in-1 set coming with control+ in September and has something to do with a broomstick. Maybe the expensive set is not Gringotts, but this set.

Also Myrtle's bathroom is supposedly coming as a Hogwarts expansion and I think the translation says something about a Shrunken Head statue like the Porg or Yoda.

That entire article is a joke, as pointed out by Falconfan on Instagram. I'm all for jokes but I have to say this one is just terrible and not even close to funny.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That entire article is a joke, as pointed out by Falconfan on Instagram. I'm all for jokes but I have to say this one is just terrible and not even close to funny.

Is it? Ah sorry I didn't know. :facepalm: Can't say I see the humour myself.

That's good anyway - apart from Myrtle's bathroom I can't say it interested me.

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Got ahead of myself there too! The Shrunken head should have been a giveaway...

I'm probably a bit over-excited for any real news to drop, back to endless pages of speculation for now I guess.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is it? Ah sorry I didn't know. :facepalm: Can't say I see the humour myself.

I don't see it either. Kinda sad that a site with such a reputation does this.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't see it either. Kinda sad that a site with such a reputation does this.

That's the thing, I thought they were reliable and also I'm having to work from Google translate not being able to read German and couldn't see anything suggesting it was in jest. Won't be going there for news anymore!

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

That's the thing, I thought they were reliable and also I'm having to work from Google translate not being able to read German and couldn't see anything suggesting it was in jest. Won't be going there for news anymore!

I didn't go there for news anyway but I wouldn't be surprised if this significantly hurts their reputation. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I didn't go there for news anyway but I wouldn't be surprised if this significantly hurts their reputation. 

No I don't visit the site unless steered there from elsewhere, but I know in the past they have interviewed designers including those of HP and thought they just posted solid stuff unless it's April 1st. Well never mind. :sceptic: