Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If we do get a HBP/Slug club I hope the new figs include a HBP Snape and black suit Draco, two very important characters to that movie omitted from last years sets (ik Draco was in the AT, but the suit is an important variant) 

A bit off topic but has anyone bought the new Bonsai tree set for the tree build.  I'm not usually mad on the trees that come with the harry potter sets except the ones that came with Expecto Patronum, they were pretty good.The Bonsai tree is cool, I just don't want the stand and bowl. I would love if lego would just do a varied tree range that is just the tree (to keep costs down) and you could get multiples of them to fill your builds. 

10 hours ago, Micmac said:

A bit off topic but has anyone bought the new Bonsai tree set for the tree build.  I'm not usually mad on the trees that come with the harry potter sets except the ones that came with Expecto Patronum, they were pretty good.The Bonsai tree is cool, I just don't want the stand and bowl. I would love if lego would just do a varied tree range that is just the tree (to keep costs down) and you could get multiples of them to fill your builds. 

I'm completely on board with this.  I used the bonsai set instructions to price out the cost of the tree alone.  Unfortunately its still around $30 USD in parts. 

A while back I submitted an ideas set that was basically nature parts, tree builds, bushes, etc.  Didn't go anywhere but I still personally love the idea of reasonably priced landscaping.

7 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

I'm completely on board with this.  I used the bonsai set instructions to price out the cost of the tree alone.  Unfortunately its still around $30 USD in parts. 

A while back I submitted an ideas set that was basically nature parts, tree builds, bushes, etc.  Didn't go anywhere but I still personally love the idea of reasonably priced landscaping.

Model train enthusiasts have it...why not us AFOL's!?!?!?

People have been suggesting the Burrow advent calendar, figures wise my theory is it would include bill + fleur, elphias doge (if they really went off piste), Hermione, Ron + harry. Though I could imagine Luna  + Exenophilius being thrown as replacements for someone else

Just now, Ringwraith said:

People have been suggesting the Burrow advent calendar, figures wise my theory is it would include bill + fleur, elphias doge (if they really went off piste), Hermione, Ron + harry. Though I could imagine Luna  + Exenophilius being thrown as replacements for someone else

Why would they base an Advent Calendar on a wedding that happened in august though?

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why would they base an Advent Calendar on a wedding that happened in august though?

That's a good point I guess it could be Grimmauld Place with the Christmas scene there, maybe the Weasley twins, Harry, Hermione/Ron + Sirius + Arthur/Molly. The slug club I'm pretty sure isn't associated with Christmas at all which makes that unlikely I guess following the Christmas logic

6 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

That's a good point I guess it could be Grimmauld Place with the Christmas scene there, maybe the Weasley twins, Harry, Hermione/Ron + Sirius + Arthur/Molly. The slug club I'm pretty sure isn't associated with Christmas at all which makes that unlikely I guess following the Christmas logic

If it wasn't associated with Christmas it wouldn't be a Slug Club Christmas party would it? :wink:

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I wonder what happened to that HP rumor list that was supposedly coming soon per M&R

Probably wants to give the SW rumour video time to breathe and then release the HP one. That or his sources haven't come through. I'm really hoping he does release the vid soon. :excited:

Some interesting notes on the Bricklist of LEGO concept designer Joel Baker on Brickset:

About 71043: Hogwarts Castle

I did the sketch model, Niek added small builds, Justin finished the design, and Crystal designed the graphics.
I pitched the idea for this in early 2016, and we hadn't yet decided that we were going to do the 2018 Harry Potter line yet, so my original sketch model still used Sand Green for the roofs. Painting the 32 little Trophy Figures was a challenge!
Justin Ramsden took the model from concept to final I love all of the detailed interior and references that he added.

Three new elements were designed with this set in mind: the 2x4x3 half cone, and the two 1x1 half arch elements. I first proposed the 2x4x3 half cone because I didn't like the way the towers looked in the previous Harry Potter lines, and it seemed like it had great potential outside of castles too.

About 75978: Diagon Alley

Marcos designed the final version, I did many sketch models of all shapes and sizes along the way. It took a long time to convince the Harry Potter Design team that this set was a great idea. The final version might be my favorite Marcos set yet, he absolutely smashed it!

The 3x3x2 round window frames (in 41449 Andrea's house) were originally thought up with Diagon Alley in mind, but Marcos had so many clever window techniques, that he didn't need them.

Long time Eurobricks readers will remember this from a 1000 or less parts Harry Potter contest, complete with purple Duplo bricks:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/joel_baker/albums/72157625701256635

Guys how do you think how long will the diagon alley expansion will be? 

Just bought diagon alley set (had a opportunity to buy it around - 20% price) and looking for shelves to display it but want to prepare space for future things :3...

39 minutes ago, finalriot said:

Guys how do you think how long will the diagon alley expansion will be? 

Just bought diagon alley set (had a opportunity to buy it around - 20% price) and looking for shelves to display it but want to prepare space for future things :3...

I think 2 more 16x32 baseplates would be a reasonable expectation.

Some dude on Instagram is saying that we are getting a $300 Hedwig statue. Seems pretty suspicious to me, especially given no $300 sets were in the line up? Fake?

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Some dude on Instagram is saying that we are getting a $300 Hedwig statue. Seems pretty suspicious to me, especially given no $300 sets were in the line up? Fake?

Almost certainly fake. Mainly because there would be no reason to release another hedwig statue when we just had one last year. 

6 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I've seen that going around too but it's definetely fake. If they were planning to release a $300 Hedwig statue they wouldn't have released a $40 one last year and there is no info out there to suggest Harry Potter is getting 2 D2C's this year. These ''leakers'' and their hunt for their 5 minutes of fame are becoming more pathetic every day :hmpf:

On 1/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

Slytherin locket/cave book: Dumbledore, Harry, infari (green skeletons) etc in the cave, boat is a side build 

Ravenclaw Diadem/RoR Book: Goyle, Hermione, Harry etc brick built fire dragon and stacks of furniture etc

Hufflepuff cup/volt book: Griphook, Harry, Ron etc. Lots of treasure and a fold-out volt door

Cant see them do a diary version however as that would overlap too much with a proper CoS set I think 

Technically that locket isn't a horcrux... :wink:

I think I'd rather see them as sets than books, at 20 EUR instead of 30, at least the Room of Hidden things in flames, and the Gringotts vault. CoS I'd like a real set at some point.

On 1/16/2021 at 11:53 PM, girlie-site-boots said:

If Diagon Alley is available in other retailers in March when do you think the price will drop?

Smyths do offers? 

IIRC, Smyth's had had the nanoscale castle for around 300 EUR instead of 400 at one point, but then the virus hit, demand soared, many places were sold out and everyone jacked the prices up. :sceptic: HP things are still selling like hot cakes, so I can't imagine they'll drop the DA set's price anytime soon. 

On 1/14/2021 at 10:53 PM, (Insert Name Here) said:

But at least they didn't include a dead Cedric Diggory.

And suddenly I find myself wanting one... :laugh: Bet this would be a good use of the sleeping Ron face from the second task... 

On 1/15/2021 at 1:18 AM, sebastian666 said:

76387 - $39.99 - Bill & Fleur’s Wedding (an addition to the Burrow set featuring the wedding tent and some quirky minifigs as guests that can also populate Diagon Alley) 

I think if we get a tent, it will be the Weasley tent from the Forest of Dean and the Quidditch World Championship. (Not really sure how I feel about that, as the lego tents have never been my jam.) For Bill's & Fleur's wedding, except for Kingsley's patronus, I can't really think of any elements (besides a tent) to include. It's mostly just minifigures, so to me that would make more sense to cover it in a CMF set. (Hermione's dress. Finally getting a Bill fig. Affordable adult Fred and George figs...)

On 1/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, BacktoBricks said:

COS: Christmas Day is when the trio take the Polyjuice, so we could get Cat Hermione and then Harry and Ron with alternate Crabbe and Goyle faces and hairpieces.

I have been eagerly awaiting a Polyjuice / Slytherin / COS based AC. Using last year's as a model, give us a green couch, a fireplace and support panels in grey bricks, a couch table, perhaps a chair or a second couch so we can seat the three characters in the scene, a buildable Slytherin crest thing to hang over the fireplace (like in the Moments set), floating cupcakes (on clear poles) to drug Crabbe and Goyle, a cauldron over a fire, and several phials / flasks of polyjuice to quaff, and the six figs are Harry, Ron, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and for Christmas Hermione with extra cat head. So three recycled, and three new ones, which seems in keeping with what they've done so far.  

@Bugbot20082 Love the idea of including some elements from HBP in a Slug Club AC. Memory cabinet and Pensieve, a decent Snape (please not with the god awful purple vest; go back to the 2010 4842 version if nothing else). From the SC Christmas party, the only missing characters I can come up with are Draco in his black suit, Cormac, Sanguini, Gwenyth Jones, and possibly the Carrow twins... but with the exception of a decent Snape and alternative Draco, I don't really need to see any of those. So I was thinking it might make more sense to give us the set in some years time, when the AT is no longer available, to allow people to close gaps in their collections. The line up might be more appealing then. 

Edited by krimimimi

I'm doubting if we will get any new HP leaks soon now as Ryan @MandRproductions had to take down his SW rumour video to avoid a copyright strike so I doubt he'll risk a HP video. Ridiculous behaviour on Lego's part considering he didn't show anything.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm doubting if we will get any new HP leaks soon now as Ryan @MandRproductions had to take down his SW rumour video to avoid a copyright strike so I doubt he'll risk a HP video. Ridiculous behaviour on Lego's part considering he didn't show anything.

I'm not really sure why this would be considered ''ridiculous behaviour'' on LEGO's part. MandR is a member of the LEGO Ambassadar Network and represents the company to an extent so LEGO asking him to take this down isn't weird in the slightest. He obviously knew what he was doing so this ''punishment'' seems appropriate in my eyes, take in mind they could've just as easily kicked him from LAN :def_shrug:

Yeah, we can kiss the HP set list goodbye now... which means the minifig leak guessing game is back on the menu, boys!! :moar: There's an upside to everything :laugh:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm not really sure why this would be considered ''ridiculous behaviour'' on LEGO's part. MandR is a member of the LEGO Ambassadar Network and represents the company to an extent so LEGO asking him to take this down isn't weird in the slightest. He obviously knew what he was doing so this ''punishment'' seems appropriate in my eyes, take in mind they could've just as easily kicked him from LAN :def_shrug:

Ryan has said himself he has no contract with Lego, but yes I know he is a Lego ambassador and as such a face of the brand to an extent, but he has followed the rules in not showing images. Saying he can't discuss what he believes to be releasing this summer, which let's face it is only what he believes as he is not showing proof, is essentially censoring all rumour videos. Someone could just guess a set list and all they have to do is get close to the truth it seems and they will be threatened with copyright. It's not a copyright violation to leak a rumour video with no images. The idea that leaks harm Lego because they allow copycat brands to rip off their designs cannot be used in this case because no images were shown. So Lego's behaviour just comes across as over the top and quite frankly bullying and it would not be the first time. And I know some people do not like Ryan very much, but you cannot deny he provides a large internet presence for Lego Star Wars and his videos create huge hype for Lego's product.

But by all means, if Lego don't want a LAN ambassador to create these types of videos then they could politely ask they take it down and even threaten removal from LAN if they think necessary - then it would be up to Ryan to decide the ethics of if he wants to be 'censored' by Lego. But there is a big difference between threatening that 'punishment' and threatening a copyright strike on his channel. The first choice could destroy his LAN membership, but that would essentially be Lego's right. However, the second could destroy his YouTube channel over an offence he has not committed but arguably could not fight because he's one guy against a corporation. It was the same situation for Jang when he had to remove his review videos for the sequel trilogy sets he had legally bought and reviewed pre release date. 

So I think presenting a bullying front does more harm to Lego's reputation than a LAN ambassador creating hype for a product whilst still respecting the copyright rules and not showing images. If it was not for Jangbricks I would still be in my dark age and yes AFOLs might be a minority, but I think it would look far better marketing wise to show a bit of respect to these YouTubers who bring their product to a wider audience.

But at the end of the day it just saddens me to see this kind of threatening behaviour from Lego, a brand whose product I love, and also it saddens me that we won't see any more verbal leaks which, without images or stolen figures, I can't see really harming anyone at this stage of production. :sad:

Edited by BacktoBricks

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've seen that going around too but it's definetely fake. If they were planning to release a $300 Hedwig statue they wouldn't have released a $40 one last year and there is no info out there to suggest Harry Potter is getting 2 D2C's this year. These ''leakers'' and their hunt for their 5 minutes of fame are becoming more pathetic every day :hmpf:

Agreed. I miss the days when the Lego leaks page on IG wasn't full of random people posting annoying cruddy customs and stupid false rumors like these. 

7 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Agreed. I miss the days when the Lego leaks page on IG wasn't full of random people posting annoying cruddy customs and stupid false rumors like these. 

So many bad customs, so many bad attempts at “photography” so many many fortnite videos. I’m kept going just blocking people who post random rubbish. 

So many kids with 10 followers posting Lego Star Wars minifigs taken with a potato. 

Got around to building the MBoM. It’s actually a pretty cool little set. I didn’t even realize Draco had medium legs, which means he’s not a complete waste. 

I'm not sure if anyone here already mentioned the following idea yet, but I really could imagine a set for the chapter/scene "19 Years Later".  The set could be an addition to the Hogwarts Express and I think the possible figures would be great. I really hope we get some news for the upcoming sets very soon.