Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I assume the next advent calendar will be based on Order of the Phoenix. It's the only left, right?

Did PoB have christmas scenes at all?

Also, I dont think the scene of the "13 at the dinner table" scene from PoA was shown in the movie, so that rules out that christmas scene as well

And DH's christmas is the Godric's Hollow scenes so I don't think so

I'd say it will be based on Slugorn party from HBP. Just like last year's calendar was based on Yule Ball (a big Hogwarts party that had a set that was a Hogwarts expansion), thus one would definitely reuse a few characters from Astronomy Tower (Harry, Ron, Hermione and maybe Slughorn) and add 2 or 3 exclsuive minifigures (for example Draco or Cormac).

I think we've had enough Slug Club based things, what with the Astronomy Tower set, and the the Ginny minifigures in the 2nd cmf series.

I'd rather see either: The Burrow (from HBP), 12 Grimmauld Place (OotP) or Hogsmeade (PoA).

10 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think we've had enough Slug Club based things, what with the Astronomy Tower set, and the the Ginny minifigures in the 2nd cmf series.

Agreed. Last year‘s calendar made sense because there were quite a few characters participating in the Yule ball they could‘ve selected (and they went with the right choices IMO). The list of characters missing from the Slug Club party is certainly a lot shorter, and I doubt many people care about Cork McLame :tongue: 

A slug Club themed AC would suck IMO, a burrow one would complement the set quite nicely. And if we get that tent in summer the whole setup will look fantastic.

I think there’s a stronger chance that the AC ties into an existing set (The Burrow, Slug Club) than tie into a set we don’t have yet (Grimmauld Place). We could see a Grimmuld Place set this year though!

A stand-alone PoA Hogsmeade AC would work really well IMO and be something different we haven’t really seen before, but I don’t think there’s enough “Christmassy” stuff that really happens in PoA to warrant that. 

Based on getting Slug Club Ginny in the CMF - where we didn’t see any Yule Ball figs! - this sways me more toward the idea of a Burrow-themed AC. We didn’t get a Lupin figure in the Burrow, or Fred and George. Add those to the trio and you’ve got your figure line-up!

I think it is there to support the Hogwarts Castle Part Set as in the last two years. But that doesn‘t mean that it is the Slug Party automaticly. Because like you all pointed out before after the inclusion of Ginny in the CMF 2 it is pretty done figure wise.

But I could imagine the Slug Club instead: New Harry, Hermione (creme Jacket) & Neville (with Pullunder) with or Ginny (with Black dress) and repeats of Ron, Lavenda and Slughorn. Some tables, Slug Party Lapinions, etc. 

Or Half Blood Prince Figures: New Red Jacket Harry, Dumbledore in Grey dress, and Luna in Ravenclaw Robe and repeats of Slughorn or Neville, Hermione and Ron. 

I’m happy for a Slug Club/HBP themed AC for this year, it might be weaker than last year but it would mean there is more left to do for future years.
In 2022 we could have a Bill’s Wedding or Godric's Hollow AC, then in 2023 a Hogsmeade AC, then 2024 Grimmauld Place/Burrow AC etc 

The 2019 AC wasn’t just a Yule Ball party set but also a general ‘GoF AC’ with the Golden egg, Goblet of Fire, Trophy Cup, mini Ship and Carriage etc.

So for example in a Slug Club AC we could get a new Pensive build, the memory cabinet, stuff from Slughorns house or office etc 

Figure wise I would pick: Harry, Hermione and Slughorn as repeats, New Draco and Cormac, new Ron in quidditch training gear

I would love one of the daily gifts to be a set of quidditch balls, I want more of that fantastic Snitch! 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Theoretically there are seven Christmases in the HP books and Lego has only covered two of them. So we could still get five new ACs with Christmas characters based on the books/films.

COS: Christmas Day is when the trio take the Polyjuice, so we could get Cat Hermione and then Harry and Ron with alternate Crabbe and Goyle faces and hairpieces.

POA: Trio in Hogsmeade outfits.

OOP: Grimmauld Place Christmas outfits.

HBP: Burrow Christmas

DH: Harry and Hermione winter outfits worn to Godric's Hollow / Ron in outfit he is wearing when he returns to Harry and Hermione.

My preference right now would be a COS or Grimmauld Place AC. However, following the trend of the past calendar I seems Lego will use the trio from the Astronomy Tower and add in another couple of characters, maybe Cormac and Zabini. Although the one thing that makes me think they may not do that is that after the trio a logical well known character from that scene to be put in the AC would be Ginny, but Lego went and put her in the CMF. 

Looking at reused figures as well a Slugclub AC is much more interesting to me than one for the Burrow. Slugclub Harry and Hermione are fantastic figures to get multiples of, the generic outfits we'd get in a Burrow themed AC are honestly just useless imo.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

COS: Christmas Day is when the trio take the Polyjuice, so we could get Cat Hermione and then Harry and Ron with alternate Crabbe and Goyle faces and hairpieces.

This reminds me that LEGO has not made any Crabbe and Goyle minifigs. I do hope we get to see some in the near future, it's a good excuse to give is more Slytherin uniforms, without having to give us another Malfoy figure.

Edit: They haven't made any for this new theme, I know they had them in the old ones.

Edited by Mordarch

I think I'd be up for either a Slug Club AC or a Burrow AC. I like how last year's AC acted as an expansion pack for the existing sets. So I wouldn't mind seeing a few more extra builds for either set. 

If we get the hourglass piece in green, then I’d be down for a Slug Club, maybe another way to get young Tom Riddle as well. Draco in his black suit as well hopefully with a better hairpiece. Cormac I guess is more prominent than the Patil twins so I guess we could get him him as well. The repeats would probably be the trio again. Honestly I really loved the Yule Ball AC so I’m really having a hard time imagining how they top that one even if it’s not a Slug Club AC. I would love to get some more Umbridge related stuff like some cat photos since we didn’t get her office, which was a massive shame.

Edited by RODDY

If I had to say what I want it to based on, I'd say Grimmauld Place or The Burrow (not because it seems more interesting, but because I'd love to get Molly, Arthur and Sirius).

If I had to bet my money tho, I'd definitely bet a big sum on Slughorn's party.

8 minutes ago, Magnum said:

When will diagon alley be available at retailers? 

Usually around 6 months after the initial release, so around March. Although, seeing as you are from Holland as well, I would recommend just buying it from LEGO themselves as the general retailers will just mark up the price for that set. 

They're probably gonna want to include all of the trio in the Advent calendar. Given that Ron doesn't attend the party, I reckon we'll end up getting the green polo version of him again if it does turn out to be Slug Club themed. Is there any chance at all that they update the figure for the calendar and give him the short sleeves he ought to have?

21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed. Last year‘s calendar made sense because there were quite a few characters participating in the Yule ball they could‘ve selected (and they went with the right choices IMO). The list of characters missing from the Slug Club party is certainly a lot shorter, and I doubt many people care about Cork McLame :tongue: 

Well, tbh I would kind of like a Cormac minifigure, but maybe in his Quidditch outfit, with maybe a chest/shoulder plate.

I just think with all the decorations and minifigures in the Astronomy Tower set we don't need the Advent Calender to be based off the Slug Club.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Usually around 6 months after the initial release, so around March. Although, seeing as you are from Holland as well, I would recommend just buying it from LEGO themselves as the general retailers will just mark up the price for that set. 

Thank you. I’ll wait till then. I bought the hogwarts castle d2c for a great offer too at a retailer once. And Amazon will probably drop the price too sooner or later. 

If Diagon Alley is available in other retailers in March when do you think the price will drop?

Smyths do offers? 

My son wants it for his February birthday but I think he could be persuaded to hold off a few weeks if its likely to be 20% off.

6 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

If Diagon Alley is available in other retailers in March when do you think the price will drop?

Smyths do offers? 

My son wants it for his February birthday but I think he could be persuaded to hold off a few weeks if its likely to be 20% off.

I highly doubt the price will drop in the first few weeks, especially not 20%.

9 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes, I'd love to see a CoS polyjuice Advent calendar. Also, that AC could use the Slytherin common room as its background image, which would be visually quite interesting. While I wouldn't mind a Burrow AC, I don't see there being much to add beyond what was in the recent Lego set in terms of background image. In the movies, the main Christmas decorations at the Burrow are a basic tree and a cake with a moving figure on it. Not too exciting. Likewise, while I wouldn't mind getting more minifigs associated with the Burrow, those would largely be similar to minifigs that have already been done before. They would not be must-get items like the Ron and Harry Christmas jumpers or the Patils in Yule garb from prior ACs. Polyjuice Crabbe and Goyle and cat-Hermoine would be must-get!