Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

mandr said something about a hp rumor vid at the end of his recent sw rumor list, so I would be surprised if we don't have the list by the end of the week which is exciting!

Hey

I was very active on the 2020 forum during peak harry potter news and then dropped off by the end of the year. But I came back to ask a couple of questions. I ordered a bunch of stuff on Jan 1st to get both GWPs. My package arrived yesterday and it was missing a set. When I checked the LS@H tracking service it said that the Hedwig set was now waiting for new stock. When I ordered it, there was still stock. I normally buy from the Chadstone Legoland discovery centre or Kmart, so I am not a frequent LS@H user. What happens from here. Do they send the rest of my order at a later date. If this has happened to anyone else it would be great if you can let me know what happens.

Next question 

Now that all the set names are leaking for the other theme, when will we get our harry potter set names.

5 hours ago, Yope said:

Not sure how much I want more GoF sets, think it's been pretty well covered compared to the other books/films.  I can however see LEGO doing a Durmstrang ship at the 129USD pricepoint as they love old ships.

My only hope would be that they don't give us yet more iterations of triwizard champions, personally really didn't like getting the three other champions in the Horntail set as they don't face the Horntail or have a speaking role or even appear on screen doing the task.  Would have been much happier to get Harry, Rita Skeeter and Barty Crouch.

Durmstrang ship would give us a new Karkaroff which would be nice as not too fond of the old one I have.  I'd take a new merperson too but don't think a beneath-the-surface build would display well alongside everything else.

I'd personally much prefer to get some OotP onward scenes: Ministry Atrium, Department of mysteries, Grimmauld Place, Inferi cave, Godric's Hollow, Malfoy Manor etc.  It's a huge wave though this year so I'm sure we'll all be happy.

Good point, I think fluffy could be a good explanation for the high price to piece ratio in the 129USD set. 

I agree GOF has gotten so much love compared to OOP and HBP. That's why I sort of hope that a lake task comes out in 2022 or beyond. I really want a forbidden corridor. The one problem the set would have is the mini figures. Apart from the trio and quirrell, who else would come in the set.

14 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Привет

Я был очень активен на форуме 2020 года во время пика новостей о Гарри Поттере, а к концу года ушел. Но я вернулся, чтобы задать пару вопросов. Я заказал кучу вещей 1 января, чтобы получить оба GWP. Моя посылка пришла вчера, и в ней не было набора. Когда я проверил службу отслеживания LS @ H, он сказал, что набор Hedwig теперь ожидает новых запасов. Когда заказал, еще в наличии был. Обычно я покупаю в центре открытий Chadstone Legoland или в Kmart, поэтому я не часто пользуюсь LS @ H. Что происходит отсюда. Они отправят оставшуюся часть моего заказа позже. Если это случилось с кем-нибудь еще, было бы здорово, если бы вы могли сообщить мне, что происходит.

Следующий вопрос 

Теперь, когда все имена наборов просачиваются для другой темы, когда мы получим имена наших наборов Гарри Поттера.

Я согласен, что GOF так полюбили по сравнению с ООП и HBP. Вот почему я как бы надеюсь, что задача по озеру появится в 2022 году или позже. Мне очень нужен запретный коридор. Единственная проблема, с которой может столкнуться набор, - это мини-фигурки. Кроме трио и Квиррелла, кто еще войдет в набор.

Chess figures, troll? Voldemort ghost? 

13 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Hey

I was very active on the 2020 forum during peak harry potter news and then dropped off by the end of the year. But I came back to ask a couple of questions. I ordered a bunch of stuff on Jan 1st to get both GWPs. My package arrived yesterday and it was missing a set. When I checked the LS@H tracking service it said that the Hedwig set was now waiting for new stock. When I ordered it, there was still stock. I normally buy from the Chadstone Legoland discovery centre or Kmart, so I am not a frequent LS@H user. What happens from here. Do they send the rest of my order at a later date. If this has happened to anyone else it would be great if you can let me know what happens.

Next question 

Now that all the set names are leaking for the other theme, when will we get our harry potter set names.

1. It will most likely get shipped once it's back in stock again, if you're unsure you could always contact customer service. They're the ones with all the answers when it comes to orders :wink:

2. We really don't have a clue. Usually we get names and descriptions from the various Toy Fairs but as those have been cancelled this year that's unlikely. When that info will turn up is anyone's guess but if what @Surge said about MandR is correct it might be sooner than we think. 

The set names have always dropped in January the last three years, so I’m still holding out hope that names should be in the next couple of weeks, especially if SW names got leaked so early. Names never really depended on the Toy Fair because the Toy Fair last year didn’t show any Q2 sets if I recall correctly. 

2 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

. I really want a forbidden corridor. The one problem the set would have is the mini figures. Apart from the trio and quirrell, who else would come in the set.

I would expect 2 Chess figures as suggested by others, maybe also Filch again, Neville in his pyjamas?

Maybe even Snape and pretend it’s Halloween ? https://makeagif.com/gif/long-feng-cant-handle-it-by-himself-qTHoCI

14 minutes ago, RODDY said:

The set names have always dropped in January the last three years, so I’m still holding out hope that names should be in the next couple of weeks, especially if SW names got leaked so early. Names never really depended on the Toy Fair because the Toy Fair last year didn’t show any Q2 sets if I recall correctly. 

Last year we got our names from the Nuremberg Toy Fair, same for 2019.

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Last year we got our names from the Nuremberg Toy Fair, same for 2019.

I knew 19 was the Toy Fair because of Random Blocker, but thanks for freshening up my memory for 2020. Really felt like twenty years since those leaks.

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I knew 19 was the Toy Fair because of Random Blocker, but thanks for freshening up my memory for 2020. Really felt like twenty years since those leaks.

Can’t believe it has been so long since the random blocker’s leaks, feels like they were a week ago.

On the one hand, the prospect of seeing a set list this soon is very enticing :excited: On the other hand, RIP guessing-sets-based-on-minifig-leaks game, you were not meant to be :sadnew:

22 hours ago, Seaber said:

I suppose the problem with a possible ship/second task set (or two sets) is how to spread out the minifigures and the three builds. 

The Ship

8944743570a247e945144217701fefda.jpg

The Stand

e9675507e04b361c05026f11d17f9b9e.jpg

The Merpeople Village

523cn7mnu5.jpg

Is it best to do all three parts in one set, or split it into two sets? 

But for the Durmstrang Ship only really Krum, Karkaroff and perhaps Karkaroff's aide in their arrival gear would be appropriate, but obviously a few of the Second Task figures could migrate over. 

I would split into two sets: 

Ship and platform together, as both are above the waterline (the box art will look better), and the platform can double as a dock for the ship and display stand for extra figures like judges etc (good way to get Barty Crouch Sr, however Rita is a popular choice for CMF).

Then the underwater scene as a separate smaller set.

Figures wise you start off with having a different version of Krum in each (arrival coat, shark head respectively), and maybe 2 merpeople figures too in the lake task set. 

15 hours ago, Juve said:

I think Forbidden corridor or CoS has to make it into sets this year for the anniversary.

What if they make Gringotts as a 90 set similar to the clock tower and then add a 30-40 set with the vault and dragon which can be connected?

Agree %100, the dragon and street level building can each hold a set on their own I think, and you can have different figure selections in both (PS, DH etc)

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Price per Part Ratio. The average cost per piece in a specific set. 

PPR for most sets sits around 10 cents. So usually a set with ~200 pieces would cost roughly $20, ~1000 pieces for $100 and so on (not a foolproof measure though). 
When the PPR for a certain set is very high that can usually mean one of the following things: 
- It's a Star Wars set. 
- The set has a lot of minifigures. 
- The set has a lot of big parts. 
- The set has a bigfigure, dinosaur etc. 

Oh I see, the R of ratio threw me off as I've only seen it being called PPP (price per piece).

4 minutes ago, Salix said:

Oh I see, the R of ratio threw me off as I've only seen it being called PPP (price per piece).

Some use PPP and others PPR but they mean the same thing :wink:

17 hours ago, Yope said:

Not sure how much I want more GoF sets, think it's been pretty well covered compared to the other books/films.

My only hope would be that they don't give us yet more iterations of triwizard champions. 

I'd personally much prefer to get some OotP onward scenes. 

To an extent I agree with you, GoF is my least favourite film by far and it has been well covered so far. In terms of scenes only really the Lake Task/Ship haven't been covered, as I doubt the Riddle House or Courtroom scene would be made into sets. 

The Ship and Lake Task sets would give variety to the theme - an underwater set and a boat is rather different to another part of Hogwarts (5 sets), Forbidden Forest (3 sets), Carriages (2 sets) and Houses (2 sets, or 3 if you include Hagrid's). More of all of those categories are likely, but another ship and underwater set are not. 

It's the film with the most single-film characters though, apart from maybe the final one. Cedric, Amos, Crouch Jnr, Crouch Snr, Karkaroff, Maxime, Gabrielle, Krum, Rita all have their main/only appearance in this film. As there isn't a lot of GoF material left to cover, I think people are eager to make sure the entire cast is available, hence the want for these particular sets. 

Obviously the CMS may come to our rescue if/when there is a S3. 

I am excited to see more OotP onwards sets though. 

12 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I am excited to see more OotP onwards sets though. 

Agreed. The first 4 films have been covered very well, both in the original run and in the two reboots. I really appreciate the OotP and HBP stuff we got so far in this reboot, but of course there’s still plenty missing. And DH1+2 are in desparate need for sets :laugh:

Also, we need some OotP-style masked Death Eaters, which luckily can appear in a lot of sets based on the second half of the series (apart from DH2 and the majority of DH1 that is, if they want to be screen-accurate). Last year’s dummy is nice and all, but it can‘t replace proper ones :tongue: Named ones on top of that are a bonus to me (mainly Yaxley and Thicknesse, don‘t care that much about the rest)

22 minutes ago, Seaber said:

It's the film with the most single-film characters though, apart from maybe the final one. Cedric, Amos, Crouch Jnr, Crouch Snr, Karkaroff, Maxime, Gabrielle, Krum, Rita all have their main/only appearance in this film. As there isn't a lot of GoF material left to cover, I think people are eager to make sure the entire cast is available, hence the want for these particular sets. 

Totally agree with you, it's more that I find it a shame that we have 3 Fleurs and 5 Cedrics before we have a single Rita Skeeter, Karkaroff or Barty Crouch Snr - and that's just the obvious omissions from GoF.  Also agree that a ship and underwater scene would add diversity, and tbh if they rolled it all into one set maybe we could get some of those omissions.

Nonetheless I'd prefer something completely new, e.g. the ministry of magic from DH1 with Yaxley, Pius Thicknesse, polyjuice trio, Umbridge with locket, ministry Percy (I know not in films) etc.  However, I believe we are in very safe hands with LEGO on this theme, they are slowly filling in the gaps and I'm sure they're just as aware of the current omissions as we are.

9 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

Well, as far as I go, it doesn’t matter which sets they are.

for 2 reasons,

A: It’s more Harry Potter :D

B: I’m going to buy all of them anyway:D

Bingo

A list of setnames has just popped up on Instagram. Take it with a big grain of salt for now, several things about this list seem off.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

A list of setnames has just popped up on Instagram. Take it with a big grain of salt for now, several things about this list seem off.

#legoleaks  ??? I don't see it?

Just now, chrisincanada said:

#legoleaks  ??? I don't see it?

It's on wink.leakz's story. But like I said, I'm not buying it. 

Definetely not ruling out the possibility that this is true but there are enough things here for me to doubt the validity of this leak. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's on wink.leakz's story. But like I said, I'm not buying it. 

Definetely not ruling out the possibility that this is true but there are enough things here for me to doubt the validity of this leak. 

I am there and see a list for every theme but HP, just a piece count and price point?  Can you share your thoughts on what you think is wrong with the list...are you allowed to post the list on here for us?

I am there and see a list for every theme but HP, just a piece count and price point?  Can you share your thoughts on what you think is wrong with the list...are you allowed to post the list on here for us?

Here's the list: 

76386 - $19,99 - Freeing Dobby
76387 - $39,99 - Inferi Lake
76388 - $79,99 - Gringotts Ironbelly Escape
76389 - $129,99 - Hogsmeade
76391 - $249,99 - Diagon Alley Expansion
76392 - $59,99 - Quidditch World Cup
76394 - $39,99 - Advent Calendar

Its in the stories. 

He said 

76386 Freeing Dobby CoS

76383 Inferi lake

76388 Gringotts ironbelly escape

76389 Hogsmeade "Hogwart expansion"

76391 DA Expansion

76392 Quidditch World cup 

76394 Advent calendar 

I hope thats not true