Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Considering they made the LOTR ship and that was useless. They will make a ship of some kind if they can. It will appease pirates fans and HP fans.

with that said, let’s be honest. I’ll buy the lot no matter what they end up selling us.

Excuse me? The Corsair ship from LOTR is extremely pivotal, especially the army of the dead that are included. Very far from useless, a fantastic looking ship build, great minifigs, great part usage, and great representation of a great scene, not to mention those beautiful sails

20 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

If we get the ship I hope it has Karkarof and the 4 champions from the 2nd task. I don’t really have much grá for the ship itself but if it’s a way of getting the 2nd task figures that will do me. 

Same, the ship would look great, but getting Second Task figures would be superb 

I'd love to get the Drumstrang ship. I think (as others have said) they could even give us some merpeople as well and some second task figures. Since both are in the water.

I don't really buy big/expensive sets so the Durmstrang Ship isn't very appealing to me. As we barely see it in the film as well I'm not too fussed at all.

I wouldn't mind though if we got a second task/black lake set. With some merpeople, maybe a new grindylow piece.

I'm hopeful that at some point we'll get Igor Karkaroff and Rita Skeeter minifigures too.

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

13 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

At 11p/B Looks like the $130 set has the worst ratio, so could we take that as an indication of some large pieces (boat hulls?, large base plates), or a large moulded creature?

Sounds more likely than a lot of figs to me. I think the ship, Gringotts with the dragon or chamber of secrets with the basilisk if they give the creatures the Smaug treatment is possible:shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Sounds more likely than a lot of figs to me. I think the ship, Gringotts with the dragon or chamber of secrets with the basilisk if they give the creatures the Smaug treatment is possible:shrug_oh_well:

If it's Gringotts the Ironbelly won't be included at this pricepoint. All DA sections are roughly ~$100 and Gringotts is bigger than all of them so that would result in no budget being left for the dragon. My money is still on Gringotts being the D2C.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If it's Gringotts the Ironbelly won't be included at this pricepoint. All DA sections are roughly ~$100 and Gringotts is bigger than all of them so that would result in no budget being left for the dragon. My money is still on Gringotts being the D2C.

I think you are right about that and it is the bank, another shop and a mostly brickbuilt dragon, however I mentioned it as a possibility since a big moulded dragon would fit in with the high price of the parts :classic:

I suppose the problem with a possible ship/second task set (or two sets) is how to spread out the minifigures and the three builds. 

The Ship

8944743570a247e945144217701fefda.jpg

The Stand

e9675507e04b361c05026f11d17f9b9e.jpg

The Merpeople Village

523cn7mnu5.jpg

Is it best to do all three parts in one set, or split it into two sets? 

For the Second Task figures:

Four Champions (all new torsos and legs, new face prints for Harry's gills and Fleur and Cedric's bubble head charms, new shark head mold for Krum) 

Four Prizes (new asleep face print for Ron, Hermione and Cho, new Ravenclaw Robes for Cho, new torso print for Gabrielle) 

Judges (new torso and legs for Dumbledore and Maxime, all new Karkaroff and Crouch) 

Students (Ginny, Neville, Seamus, Dean, Nigel, Malfoy) 

Rita (should be in the blue Lake task outfit but if they subbed in the more famous green one I don't think many would complain) 

Photographer

Also there but already a figure - Moody, Flitwick, Fred, George, Hagrid

Crabbe and Goyle are there too, but their outfits are just dull black ones, so not ideal! 

But for the Durmstrang Ship only really Krum, Karkaroff and perhaps Karkaroff's aide in their arrival gear would be appropriate, but obviously a few of the Second Task figures could migrate over. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think it depends how they approach the extra size of Gringotts. Gringotts is probably a single hall, so an extra “floor” could only be 100-150 pieces since there’s no need for extra stuff inside except empty space.

It could also be: a part of hogwarts castle that is based on the final battle with those big trolls, statues, spiders etc. that would explain the price if it includes big figs. 

Second: that d2c might be a bigger version of the hogwarts express. 

17 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Is v29 just a code for standard system sets?

To quote a reddit user named /u/Serbrian:

You can find it on the building instructions area on the LEGO website - it is for people that are going to print out a copy of the instructions and need to know what is going to fit their particular paper size.

Building instructions labeled “NA” or "V39" may be printed on US standard letter size paper (8½ in × 11 in, 215.9 mm × 279.4 mm)

Building instructions labeled “IN” or "V29" may be printed on EU standard A4 paper (210 mm × 297mm,. 8.3 in × 11.7 in.)

I have to add that the IN abbreviation refers to international as in the international standard, not just the EU or Europe.

Edited by Salix

For me is bigger question 76386 20$ 217 pieces vs 76390 40$ and 274 pieces. 

I dont expect that this will be advent calendar so we can expect something with lot of figures or probably one big figure. Maybe troll at the bathroom?

Your thoughs? :)

Edited by KA1

14 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

1.) Waht is PPR standing for??

I'm wondering the same thing.

14 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

1.) Waht is PPR standing for??

Price per Part Ratio. The average cost per piece in a specific set. 

PPR for most sets sits around 10 cents. So usually a set with ~200 pieces would cost roughly $20, ~1000 pieces for $100 and so on (not a foolproof measure though). 
When the PPR for a certain set is very high that can usually mean one of the following things: 
- It's a Star Wars set. 
- The set has a lot of minifigures. 
- The set has a lot of big parts. 
- The set has a bigfigure, dinosaur etc. 

Edited by Guyon2002

1 hour ago, KA1 said:

For me is bigger question 76386 20$ 217 pieces vs 76390 40$ and 274 pieces. 

I dont expect that this will be advent calendar so we can expect something with lot of figures or probably one big figure. Maybe troll at the bathroom?

Your thoughs? :)

76390 is the advent calendar

Edited by Jinzol

12 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

76390 is the advent calendar

Do you think that advent calendar will be in the first summer wave? 

25 minutes ago, KA1 said:

Do you think that advent calendar will be in the first summer wave? 

It won’t be part of either wave since ACs are always released in September :wink: The first 2HY wave should hit stores in June and the second one in August if it’s handled the same way as two years ago. 

If I would have to choose maybe the 130 one is from the first film where there is fluffy so there are less pieces

I would guess gringotts to be 249

Another Hogwarts Expansion for 119

And we will probably get the ship for around 60 it doesnt have to be a huge ship just bigger than the carriage

I would love to get a CoS or Hogsmeade but dont think they will do them right now

Second task with four prizes merpeople and harry would be a nice 40 set

For me the most important sets they need to make are Forbidden Corridor, CoS, Shrieking Shack, Ministry of Magic, Another Hogwarts expansion with the courtyard, 2nd Task and Durmstrang Ship. Maybe Blacks house as well. It is essential for rounding out the whole story i think.

Not sure how much I want more GoF sets, think it's been pretty well covered compared to the other books/films.  I can however see LEGO doing a Durmstrang ship at the 129USD pricepoint as they love old ships.

My only hope would be that they don't give us yet more iterations of triwizard champions, personally really didn't like getting the three other champions in the Horntail set as they don't face the Horntail or have a speaking role or even appear on screen doing the task.  Would have been much happier to get Harry, Rita Skeeter and Barty Crouch.

Durmstrang ship would give us a new Karkaroff which would be nice as not too fond of the old one I have.  I'd take a new merperson too but don't think a beneath-the-surface build would display well alongside everything else.

I'd personally much prefer to get some OotP onward scenes: Ministry Atrium, Department of mysteries, Grimmauld Place, Inferi cave, Godric's Hollow, Malfoy Manor etc.  It's a huge wave though this year so I'm sure we'll all be happy.

1 hour ago, Juve said:

If I would have to choose maybe the 130 one is from the first film where there is fluffy so there are less pieces

Good point, I think fluffy could be a good explanation for the high price to piece ratio in the 129USD set. 

Edited by Yope

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

Not sure how much I want more GoF sets, think it's been pretty well covered compared to the other books/films.  I can however see LEGO doing a Durmstrang ship at the 129USD pricepoint as they love old ships.

My only hope would be that they don't give us yet more iterations of triwizard champions, personally really didn't like getting the three other champions in the Horntail set as they don't face the Horntail or have a speaking role or even appear on screen doing the task.  Would have been much happier to get Harry, Rita Skeeter and Barty Crouch.

Durmstrang ship would give us a new Karkaroff which would be nice as not too fond of the old one I have.  I'd take a new merperson too but don't think a beneath-the-surface build would display well alongside everything else.

I'd personally much prefer to get some OotP onward scenes: Ministry Atrium, Department of mysteries, Grimmauld Place, Inferi cave, Godric's Hollow, Malfoy Manor etc.  It's a huge wave though this year so I'm sure we'll all be happy.

Good point, I think fluffy could be a good explanation for the high price to piece ratio in the 129USD set. 

I think Forbidden corridor or CoS has to make it into sets this year for the anniversary. I also think they focused a lot on GoF and didnt make enough sets for the other books. Inferi cave, Ministry of Magic are all important places

What if they make Gringotts as a 90 set similar to the clock tower and then add a 30-40 set with the vault and dragon which can be connected?

1 hour ago, Juve said:

What if they make Gringotts as a 90 set similar to the clock tower and then add a 30-40 set with the vault and dragon which can be connected?

Besides there not being a $90 set in the first place LEGO knows we'll skin them alive if they did Gringotts at that pricepoint. I think we can all agree that when LEGO does Gringotts it'll be in scale with the DA D2C, which means it'll definetely be more than $100.

Yeah I forgot there is no 90 set

So maybe a 120 one then. To be honest Gringotts doesnt have to be such a grand structure it can definitely be in line with the Hogwarts expansions. Maybe have two goblins, harry,ron, hermione, hagrid, a cart and some feature with the rails. Have the dome on top. I mean just a more detailed version of the Gringotts we already have

Personally I would rather they did a Hogmseade for the 250 one, or the forbidden corridor or CoS since I think they are quite interesting builds. 

Imagine the Fluffy cahllenge, then the plants then a full chess board, a troll , the flying keys and the quirell showdown. They could do it in homage to the anniversary and I think it would be so cool.

19 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

Happy new year everyone!

Happy New Year! Hope it's a good one for you. :)

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hogwarts Legacy has just been delayed to 2022 :look:

Disappointing maybe, but I can't see any of the Lego sets being based on it so it shouldn't affect anything there thankfully.

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hogwarts Legacy has just been delayed to 2022 :look:

Well, now that’s disappointing to hear. :/ But I agree with @BacktoBricks - I really dont’ think Lego is not affected by that delayed Hogwarts Legacy game, so - whew! 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Price per Part Ratio. The average cost per piece in a specific set. 

PPR for most sets sits around 10 cents. So usually a set with ~200 pieces would cost roughly $20, ~1000 pieces for $100 and so on (not a foolproof measure though). 
When the PPR for a certain set is very high that can usually mean one of the following things: 
- It's a Star Wars set. 
- The set has a lot of minifigures. 
- The set has a lot of big parts. 
- The set has a bigfigure, dinosaur etc. 

Thank you for your time to explain1 it totally makes sense.