Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Lego 76386 tbd-hp5-2021 v29 217 pieces

Lego 76387 tbd-hp6-2021 v29 397 pieces

Lego 76388 tbd-hp7-2021 v29 851 pieces

Lego 76389 tbd-hp8-2021 v29 1176 pieces

Lego tbd hp9 2021 = AC 274 pieces

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the $130 set comes with a lot of figures. As far as LEGO HP goes that PPR is pretty bad. 

76390 really surprised me. There hasn't been a $40 set (bar maybe advent calendars) in the reboot with a PPR that bad, might even be the worst of every set (only looked at the other $40 sets)

Just now, Surge said:

76390 really surprised me. There hasn't been a $40 set (bar maybe advent calendars) in the reboot with a PPR that bad, might even be the worst of every set (only looked at the other $40 sets)

76390 is the AC

Just now, Jinzol said:

76390 is the AC

ohhh duh :facepalm: that makes alot more sense lol

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the $130 set comes with a lot of figures. As far as LEGO HP goes that PPR is pretty bad. 

That wouldn't bother me as I love the figures, but I do worry that we might see another DA where the figure numbers and choices are a little underwhelming for the set size and price. Now that would bother me as HP started so strong.

1 hour ago, Jinzol said:

Lego 76386, $19.99, 217 pieces = 9.2p/B

Lego 76387, $39.99, 397 pieces = 10p/B

Lego 76388, $79.99, 851 pieces = 9.4p/B

Lego 76389, $129.99, 1176 pieces = 11.05p/B

Ooo another morsel of info to overanalyse ?

At 11p/B Looks like the $130 set has the worst ratio, so could we take that as an indication of some large pieces (boat hulls?, large base plates), or a large moulded creature?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hopefully that means the figures are more detailed :D

My hope for the $130 set is the Durmstrang Ship. Would make sense for large parts and the piece count and price would fit a set of that size. If not that, then Gringotts with the Ironbelly

I wonder if there’s going to be two waves like in 2019 because some sets from the initial list are missing. One’s a D2C set of course, but the remaining 4 (I think?) are not accounted for yet. Or maybe they’re based on FB3 after all, which would seem excessive though :tongue:

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My hope for the $130 set is the Durmstrang Ship. Would make sense for large parts and the piece count and price would fit a set of that size. If not that, then Gringotts with the Ironbelly

Don’t forget about the $250 D2C set :wink:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wonder if there’s going to be two waves like in 2019 because some sets from the initial list are missing. One’s a D2C set of course, but the remaining 4 (I think?) are not accounted for yet. Or maybe they’re based on FB3 after all, which would seem excessive though :tongue:

There are definetely 2 waves.

The last two Pirate ships that used the preformed pieces had RRPs of $99.99 (The Brick Bounty, 2015, 711 parts) and $199.99 (Barracuda Bay, 2020, 2,498 parts) so $129.99 with 1,176 parts for a licenced set would seem about right for the Durmstrang Ship. 

If it is the Durmstrang Ship it'd be far more likely to be similar in size to TBB as well. 

I can’t help but feel flabbergasted at the prospect of a Durmstrang ship set. That thing appears on screen for like 10 seconds :laugh_hard: Sure, you could say the exact same thing about the Beauxbatons carriage, but at least that set wasn’t $130 :tongue: I don’t want the flagship set of this wave (ignoring the D2C set) to be a literal flagship

Edited by Lego-Freak

I don’t believe the $130 dollar set is the Durmstrang ship just because this first wave might focus only on DH 1&2. I do believe that the second wave “august” might be more so for older films. I assume the hogwarts expansion set will be based on the final battle. We definitely will need lots of figures to fill up the space for the set. 

The Durmstrang Ship makes sense to me, they know adults like pirate ships and often make big ship sets every few years (Destiny’s Bounty, Silent Mary, BSB).

HP is big right now so even if there’s an unimportant ship they’ll jump at the chance to make a set.

3 hours ago, Jinzol said:

Lego 76386 tbd-hp5-2021 v29 217 pieces

Lego 76387 tbd-hp6-2021 v29 397 pieces

Lego 76388 tbd-hp7-2021 v29 851 pieces

Lego 76389 tbd-hp8-2021 v29 1176 pieces

Lego tbd hp9 2021 = AC 274 pieces

So is this real correct information? Or just the new season of fake leaks beginning? 

Just now, bluedog1111 said:

So is this real correct information? Or just the new season of fake leaks beginning? 

It's correct, only thing new here are the piececounts. 

Considering they made the LOTR ship and that was useless. They will make a ship of some kind if they can. It will appease pirates fans and HP fans.

with that said, let’s be honest. I’ll buy the lot no matter what they end up selling us.

Since TLG already released a whopping three sailing ships at different price points last year ($100 Pirate Ship, $130 Destiny's Bounty, $200 Barracuda Bay) plus two other large floating vessels ($150 Marine Research Ship, $160 Monkie Kid Base), I doubt that they'll push out yet another $130 sailing ship in 2021, even if it is the much-requested Durmstrang Ship.  Having bought all three of last year's ships (plus buying a second copy of Barracuda Bay for someone else as a Christmas gift) I don't know that I'd buy another one this year.  But then again, I'm sure a lot of people would buy the Durmstrang ship without being interested in any of the others, due to the Harry Potter connection.  And there is precedent for releasing a large number of sailing ships in a very short time span - $100 Brickbeard's Bounty (2009), $180 Imperial Flagship (2010), $100 Black Pearl (2011), $120 Queen Anne's Revenge (2011).  I think it's more likely the $130 set is the next Hogwarts Castle extension, though that might be the $90 set instead.

24 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

Considering they made the LOTR ship and that was useless. They will make a ship of some kind if they can. It will appease pirates fans and HP fans.

Personally, I wouldn’t be opposed to them releasing the ship, I simply don’t want it to take the $130 spot :laugh: If it ends up doing so anyway, I hope they at least include useful and desired minifigs like Karkaroff, Skeeter, or Krum (with a more appropriate face print).

And I’d argue the corsair ship from LOTR was far more important than the Durmstrang ship. The only thing the latter does is rising from and sinking into a lake while the former was part of two cool scenes, including a funny Peter Jackson cameo :head_back:

1.) Waht is PPR standing for??

2.) Hoenstly, I’m quite thrilled to see what will the Durstrang Ship out to be later. I don’t see any problem with the ship. And I wonder if Second Task will be included in that set.

£130 for a Durmstrang ship seems about right in terms of price for the build (assuming it's using big boat pieces, etc.) but I can't fathom the figures that would justify a set that price.

We already have Krum, who is the only Durmstrang student to have a character in the films. We already have uniformed variants of Harry, Ron and Hermione. The only obvious figure that isn't already available in the 2018-present line is Karkaroff - and somehow I can't see people spending that amount of money for Karkaroff and some duplicates. But what else? Nameless Durmstrangs? Uniformed Ginny? Nigel? I suppose Barty Crouch Sr might fit but it would be a bit of a contortion to justify.

I'll probably end up getting it if it is the Durmstrang ship because I need big ships for a film I'm working on, but I worry the figure selection would be lacking.

If we get the ship I hope it has Karkarof and the 4 champions from the 2nd task. I don’t really have much grá for the ship itself but if it’s a way of getting the 2nd task figures that will do me.