Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Xenophilius said:

Are there any credible leaks on what theme Lego will use for a 2021 Harry Potter Advent calendar? Given the pattern of the previous two HP calendars closely corresponding to Hogwarts sets (Great Hall for 2019 and Clock Tower/Yule for 2020), I've heard the idea that the 2021 Advent calendar could be linked to the Astronomy Tower/Slug Club set. However, whereas I thought the 2020 Advent calendar really did a nice job of adding figures and props relevant to, but missing from, the Clock Tower/Yule set (such as the Patil sisters in Yule garb), I don't see where there is much important stuff to be added to the existing Slug Club party content. Any ideas of what new figures and builds Lego would include if they go with the Slug Club theme for the next Advent calendar? Any ideas on what theme other than the Slug Club that Lego might use for the next Advent calendar?

Nope, nothing. If it isn't the Slugclub they could always do Grimmauld PlaceĀ :shrug_oh_well:

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, nothing. If it isn't the Slugclub they could always do Grimmauld PlaceĀ :shrug_oh_well:

Or Xmas from the Burrow from HBP

I personally hope they don't use Slug Club for the Advent Calendar.Ā  Unless they use some of the other characters rather than the trio it would just be basically more of the same old.Ā  We already got Ginny and Ron wasn't invited.Ā  So who would they use?Ā  Probably Harry, Hermoine, Slughorn, Luna, possibly a variant of Ginny, Waiter Neville again.Ā  It's not likely they take the opportunity to give us Blaise Zabini, Cormac McLaggen, Melinda Bobbin or the Carrow girls. Ā  I'd much rather see Christmas at the Burrow or at Grimmauld Place.Ā  Hopefully they will do both of those over the next couple of years.

49 minutes ago, karrit said:

I personally hope they don't use Slug Club for the Advent Calendar.Ā  Unless they use some of the other characters rather than the trio it would just be basically more of the same old.Ā  We already got Ginny and Ron wasn't invited.Ā  So who would they use?Ā  Probably Harry, Hermoine, Slughorn, Luna, possibly a variant of Ginny, Waiter Neville again.Ā  It's not likely they take the opportunity to give us Blaise Zabini, Cormac McLaggen, Melinda Bobbin or the Carrow girls. Ā  I'd much rather see Christmas at the Burrow or at Grimmauld Place.Ā  Hopefully they will do both of those over the next couple of years.

Agreed. Plus, doing Christmas at the Burrow would give us a chance at getting a proper Burrow-Ron, since they reused his Prisoner of Azkaban sweater torso for the set. In the real scene, he wears this really interestingly patterned sweater over his green polo. We could also get Harry in his plaid shirt.

ed4bc73e-351f-45a3-a90e-d6d750a007c2-tre

Hell, they could also give us a plate of mince pies while they're at it:laugh:

Edited by Roonil Wazlib

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I believe it was around April we started seeing some leaks.

We got official reveals in April, but I think we started seeing leaks around March? Iā€™m not sure, maybe even February?

We should not base anything off of past leaks, but I was looking back at last years info, and the descriptions for the summer sets came out on FebruaryĀ 1st, so I would be surprised if we don't see those in the next month or two.

Without the Toy Fairs being held this year I don't think we'll be getting info as early as last year.

In Germany is a online toy fair at the 25th of january, but i don't know if lego will be there.

I reckon the next advent calender will be a little more like the 2019 than the 2020 one. It'll probably be based on either the Slug Club or Christmas at the Burrow as mentioned above. Both have plenty of scope for tiny side builds, but like the inclusion of an OotP Flitwick in the 2019 calender, the 2021 would have to include a Ron/Hermione figure who didn't appear in the Slug Club/Burrow scene to have the whole trio.Ā 

2019 calender gave us new Harry, Ron, Hermione and Flitwick torsos, with new face prints for McGonnagall and Flitwick.Ā 

2020 gave us new Parvati, Padma and Cho torso and skirt prints as well as the Pavati/Padma face print. I'm not sure if Cho's face print was first in the character pack of this advent calender.Ā 

Slug Club characters -Ā Slug club - Harry, Hermione, Luna, Malfoy, Slughorn, Snape, Filch, Neville, Ginny, Dean, Blaise, Cormac.Ā 

Burrow characters - Harry, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Molly, Arthur, Lupin, Tonks, Bellatrix, Greyback.Ā 

Two years of advent calenders isn't quite enough to state this with any certainty, but we haven't had an adversary yet, so perhaps no Malfoy, Snape, Filch, Grey back or Bellatrix. The Burrow figure line up is much lore appealing, with more potential for new prints.Ā 

The reason I haven't included the Grimmauld Place Christmas as an option is because I'm guessing a Grimmauld Place set is coming out in 2021, and a potential 2022 calender would be a blend of the OotP and DHI scenes. That way the advent calender figures have a place to 'live'.Ā 

16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have seen some users on Harry Potter threads saying that bult-brickĀ Basilisk is meh.Ā 

Do we have meh for Hungarian Horntail, Aragon, and other magical creatures? Buckbeak, Fawke, Therstal, and Patronus creature molds are a win!Ā 

I think some creatures can be done well in brick-built style, while others need a mold to be done justice.Ā  The brick-built Basilisk in the Great Hall is definitely underwhelming, though I thought I heard a while back that itĀ wasn't originally intended to be included, and was added to the set late in its development,Ā which would explain why it seems so lacking.Ā  I think a larger brick-built version with more thought put into it would turn out far better.Ā  I do think the 2018 Aragog is an improvement over the previous two versions (especially the 2010 version), and the 2019 Hungarian Horntail is easy to modify to improve its appearance, plus itsĀ far more articulated than the 2005 version, which I personally felt suffered from its lack of movable legs or neck.Ā  I also think the beasts from the Suitcase set and the Grawp build are also pretty solid.Ā  I agree that the molded creatures are great and look pretty spot on to the source material.Ā  I think the brick-built style works for larger creatures, where the builds can be large enough to incorporate more texture andĀ  details,Ā but molds should definitely be used for creatures that areĀ Buckbeak/Thestral sized or smaller.

8 hours ago, karrit said:

Without the Toy Fairs being held this year I don't think we'll be getting info as early as last year.

Idk why but I completely forgot that wasn't happening lol

17 hours ago, Xenophilius said:

Are there any credible leaks on what theme Lego will use for a 2021 Harry Potter Advent calendar? Given the pattern of the previous two HP calendars closely corresponding to Hogwarts sets (Great Hall for 2019 and Clock Tower/Yule for 2020), I've heard the idea that the 2021 Advent calendar could be linked to the Astronomy Tower/Slug Club set. However, whereas I thought the 2020 Advent calendar really did a nice job of adding figures and props relevant to, but missing from, the Clock Tower/Yule set (such as the Patil sisters in Yule garb), I don't see where there is much important stuff to be added to the existing Slug Club party content. Any ideas of what new figures and builds Lego would include if they go with the Slug Club theme for the next Advent calendar? Any ideas on what theme other than the Slug Club that Lego might use for the next Advent calendar?

I am expecting the Slug Club too, we should expect three repeats and three new figures so Iā€™m hoping for the other notable characters which have lines in the scene at the Christmas party: Draco in his suit andĀ Cormac McLaggen, but I donā€™t have an idea for theĀ third figure.

For builds Iā€™m expecting some more food tables from the party, another red lantern tree, and maybe some of the furniture from Slughornā€™s office like his large personal potion case.
Possibly a miniature astronomy tower?Ā A purple armchair to represent Slughorn in disguise?

I donā€™t know if you guys saw the new Blacksmith figures, but one of the knightsĀ has theĀ perfect hairpiece for a HBP/DH Draco Malfoy. Would love to see it in the upcoming HP wave.

Edited by RODDY

2 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I donā€™t know if you guys saw the new Blacksmith figures, but one of the knightsĀ has theĀ perfect hairpiece for a HBP/DH Draco Malfoy. Would love to see it in the upcoming HP wave.

Are you referring to the Flitwick hair?

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Are you referring to the Flitwick hair?

Yeah but itā€™s inĀ aĀ new color I think

Edited by RODDY

11 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Yeah but itā€™s inĀ aĀ new color I think

Yeah I think it's light gray, first introduced in the City Police Station last year.

37 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I am expecting the Slug Club too, we should expect three repeats and three new figures so Iā€™m hoping for the other notable characters which have lines in the scene at the Christmas party: Draco in his suit andĀ Cormac McLaggen, but I donā€™t have an idea for theĀ third figure.

For builds Iā€™m expecting some more food tables from the party, another red lantern tree, and maybe some of the furniture from Slughornā€™s office like his large personal potion case.
Possibly a miniature astronomy tower?Ā A purple armchair to represent Slughorn in disguise?

Totally forgot about the possibility of getting Malfoy in his all-black suit. That figure alone would make a Slug party Advent calendar worth it.

Cormac is a good second. As for the third: how about the vampire? Sanguini, I think his name is. Not very "Christmassy" though. Also, technically not the same scene, but maybe they could give us a Ginny figure in her black dress from the first Slug Club meeting.

40 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Totally forgot about the possibility of getting Malfoy in his all-black suit. That figure alone would make a Slug party Advent calendar worth it.

Cormac is a good second. As for the third: how about the vampire? Sanguini, I think his name is. Not very "Christmassy" though. Also, technically not the same scene, but maybe they could give us a Ginny figure in her black dress from the first Slug Club meeting.

That black suit isn't unique to the Slug Club though, it could also come in various other sets.Ā 

I skipped Sanguini in my list as well as his friend Walpole, the photographer Adrian and the Carrow twins as they're all non speaking roles. Your mention of Ginny made me think of Marcus Belby though as he was at the first meeting :)Ā 

7 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I think some creatures can be done well in brick-built style, while others need a mold to be done justice.Ā  The brick-built Basilisk in the Great Hall is definitely underwhelming, though I thought I heard a while back that itĀ wasn't originally intended to be included, and was added to the set late in its development,Ā which would explain why it seems so lacking.Ā  I think a larger brick-built version with more thought put into it would turn out far better.Ā  I do think the 2018 Aragog is an improvement over the previous two versions (especially the 2010 version), and the 2019 Hungarian Horntail is easy to modify to improve its appearance, plus itsĀ far more articulated than the 2005 version, which I personally felt suffered from its lack of movable legs or neck.Ā  I also think the beasts from the Suitcase set and the Grawp build are also pretty solid.Ā  I agree that the molded creatures are great and look pretty spot on to the source material.Ā  I think the brick-built style works for larger creatures, where the builds can be large enough to incorporate more texture andĀ  details,Ā but molds should definitely be used for creatures that areĀ Buckbeak/Thestral sized or smaller.

I agree with your post - it does make sense that large creatures are made out of bricks so that allow them move move pretty well.Ā 

But in 2002, Basilisk was not made out of bricks (saving studs for eyes),Ā did it?

Iā€™m not a huge fan of 2005ā€™s Horntail eithe. It was quite rigid to move.Ā And I think Hungarian Horntail may use some molds like Jurassic World dinosaurs. At the moment, no movable neck piece for dinosaur yet but I still think it would be great that Horntail would have some molds. You call me crazy but Iā€™m hoping for long-necked dinsoaur so some neck and lailĀ parts could Ā be used for dragons and BasiliskĀ in future. However, I donā€™t think sauropod figure would be likely to come into lego world so I think brick-built ones are okay.Ā 

Not sure if this is allowed on the forum so forgive me if it is not.Ā  I bought the 4 classroom sets (which I totally could not afford to do!) to get the minifigures and add some pieces to my brick collection.Ā  Since I am not building the sets per se as they should be, I have the 4 sticker sheets left over.Ā  I was going to ebay them to try and offset a tiny bit of the cost of buying the sets but figured you good people here on the forum are much more dedicated and deserving than some random who buys them on ebay.Ā  If anyone would like to buy them please send me a message.Ā  They would be great for spares or if someone is doing a Hogwarts MOC I see them being of use.Ā  Again sorry if this is against the rules and if so I will remove the post right away.

My LEGO order of three Hogwarts Moments sets plus the two GWP sets has arrived, and three days earlier than the latest tracking estimation gave at that.Ā  Building those should keep me busy for a while.Ā Ā 

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree with your post - it does make sense that large creatures are made out of bricks so that allow them move move pretty well.Ā 

But in 2002, Basilisk was not made out of bricks (saving studs for eyes),Ā did it?

Iā€™m not a huge fan of 2005ā€™s Horntail eithe. It was quite rigid to move.Ā And I think Hungarian Horntail may use some molds like Jurassic World dinosaurs. At the moment, no movable neck piece for dinosaur yet but I still think it would be great that Horntail would have some molds. You call me crazy but Iā€™m hoping for long-necked dinsoaur so some neck and lailĀ parts could Ā be used for dragons and BasiliskĀ in future. However, I donā€™t think sauropod figure would be likely to come into lego world so I think brick-built ones are okay.Ā 

The 2002 Basilisk was comprised of molded parts, and I believe it holds up better than the 2005 Hungarian Horntail despite being released three years prior.Ā  I think LEGO could do a brick-built version that's just as good or better if they use smart design work.Ā  One thing I felt the 2018 version did right was incorporatingĀ a ball-joint articulation system, which made it considerably more flexible than the 2002 version despite being a downgrade in practically every other catagory.Ā  If they could incorporate that articulation system into a larger and more detailed build (As least as big as the 2002 Basilisk, if not larger), perhaps with a newly molded head, then LEGO might potentially have something great on their hands.

17 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

Not sure if this is allowed on the forum so forgive me if it is not.Ā  I bought the 4 classroom sets (which I totally could not afford to do!) to get the minifigures and add some pieces to my brick collection.Ā  Since I am not building the sets per se as they should be, I have the 4 sticker sheets left over.Ā  I was going to ebay them to try and offset a tiny bit of the cost of buying the sets but figured you good people here on the forum are much more dedicated and deserving than some random who buys them on ebay.Ā  If anyone would like to buy them please send me a message.Ā  They would be great for spares or if someone is doing a Hogwarts MOC I see them being of use.Ā  Again sorry if this is against the rules and if so I will remove the post right away.

If you are inĀ the uk I may be interested :) I use eBayĀ 

2 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

If you are inĀ the uk I may be interested :) I use eBayĀ 

I am in Canada but wouldn't cost much to throw those in an envelope with some card to protect them and pout them in the mail.Ā  Send me a private message so we can take this offline :)

On 06.01.2021 at 22:26, Guyon2002 said:

ŠÆ сŠŗрŠµŃ‰ŠøŠ²Š°ŃŽ ŠæŠ°Š»ŃŒŃ†Ń‹ Š² ŠæŠ¾ŠøсŠŗŠ°Ń… Š½Š¾Š²Š¾Š¹ ŠæрŠøчŠµŃŠŗŠø Š“Š»Ń ŠŠ°Ń€Ń†Šøссы, ŠµŠ¹ Š¾Ń‚чŠ°ŃŠ½Š½Š¾ Š½ŃƒŠ¶Š½Š° Š¾Š“Š½Š° ŠøŠ¼Š¾.

Š–ŠµŠ»Š°Ń‚ŠµŠ»ŃŒŠ½Š¾ Š“Š²Š¾Š¹Š½Š¾Šµ фŠ¾Ń€Š¼Š¾Š²Š°Š½ŠøŠµ:Ā 

Screenshot_5.jpgv

Hair Rey from Star Wars 8