Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Still waiting for them to ship my Astronomy Tower & GWP's.  At this rate I probably get the shipping notice Thursday or Friday & it will sit in the FedEx depot all weekend until at least next Tuesday as usual.

My order for three of the Hogwarts Moments sets and the two GWP sets has shipped and is estimated to arrive on the 11th.  Hopefully there are no delays.

Well I just got the pre-ship notice for my order.  Maybe FedEx will actually pick it up tomorrow.

14 hours ago, KA1 said:

I hope that in 2024 will lego not releasing more hp sets... i am against set reworks... and new ideas will be less relevant with time...

As long as Lego is able to make new and exciting HP/WW sets I see no reason why they should not continue to do so in the future. I do not think any of us know when they are out of ideas either by looking into a teacup. We even got a winter wave for the first time this year :shrug_oh_well:

From TLG side of things it is most obvious to make sets as long as they are selling like hot cakes. If they run out of ideas and just start remaking sets and they do not sell they will stop. However SW have at least partly doing that for years and they are still doing fine. In addition the HP/WW theme have done a fantastic job until now so I see no reason why they suddenly should start doing a crappy one :sceptic:

On 1/2/2021 at 11:21 PM, Roonil Wazlib said:

$230 seems a bit steep for just Gringotts and I don't see it being paired with Borgin & Burkes as they don't really feature in the same film, but who knows. I'd absolutely love to get Borgin & Burkes eventually, but I suspect it will probably be stand-alone if we get it. If it is Gringotts, hopefully it will be paired with another Diagon Alley shop so we can start building the opposite side of the street.

Hogsmeade has been brought up a few times as well for the $230 set. Could be possible. But hey, I'm just gonna throw something out here that I don't think has been mentioned before....
How about a "UCS" Quidditch Pitch? :laugh:

I would love a UCS Quidditch Pitch. I'm planning on making one myself, but if LEGO does one, I could get that one instead. :P

Ooh, my order that I placed just after midnight on New Year's shipped last night. I was hoping it would arrive today, but it doesn't look like DPD has gotten it yet. :thinking:

EDIT: Happy New Year everyone! :) Also RIP the 2020 thread.

Edited by Salix

Hi Guys, 

Did you see the leak of SW summer wave. I just want to mention "700$" for the 75313 .. just wow how far it can go....

1 hour ago, KA1 said:

Hi Guys, 

Did you see the leak of SW summer wave. I just want to mention "700$" for the 75313 .. just wow how far it can go....

I've given up on #legoleaks. It's too polluted with irrelevant stuff. As for the $700 set, I have a feeling that might be another Death Star since the last one is being retired soon. But I don't wanna go off topic so I'll leave it at that. :P

I just checked the LEGO site and noticed the advertisement for the GWP's are no longer there. Does that mean the promo is done? (probably due to being sold out)

1 hour ago, Mordarch said:

I just checked the LEGO site and noticed the advertisement for the GWP's are no longer there. Does that mean the promo is done? (probably due to being sold out)

I'd assume so. I did see on the US version that the MBoM is still available.

Yes. There have been reports on Reddit that the car sold out over the weekend, but it was still showing on the banner as the web team need to update it manually and they don't work at the weekend. However if you're near a LEGO store, they appear to have stock remaining.

GWP's always run untill a set date or ''as long as supplies last'' so it wouldn't surprise me if they're just completely sold out in Europe. 

4 hours ago, Salix said:

my order that I placed just after midnight on New Year's shipped last night. I was hoping it would arrive today, but it doesn't look like DPD has gotten it yet. :thinking:

Mine was placed after midnight as well, shipped last night and has just arrived. 

1 minute ago, mark1991t said:

Mine was placed after midnight as well, shipped last night and has just arrived. 

Ah I placed mine literally just gone midnight and still not shipped. :(

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Ah I placed mine literally just gone midnight and still not shipped. :(

I also placed mine at 00:05 and It still not shipped, continues in warehouse...:cry_sad:

I've got all four of my books and the MBoM promo! I built the Potions one today and I honestly didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I actually impulse bought that one separately from Target after only ordering the other three from Shop@Home. But I had a lot of fun building it and I think it looks way better in person than in pics/videos (as do most LEGO sets). Folding it up is also oddly satisfying - everything fits inside the book really neatly except for the minifigs (which is fine). I can't wait to build the other three and figure out how to display them!

Edited by YetiZombie

I finished building all four of mine a couple of nights ago.  Picked them up from Target because Shop@Home was already out of them.  I really like them all.  Each one has some interesting building techniques & I love the fold out walls features of each.  Love the garden patch in the Herbology set as well as some of the other small builds in each set.  And I'm a sucker for walls with Potion Bottle shelves (not the sticker ones).  I think they did a great job with them.

Looks like my Hogwarts Moments books as well as the MBoM are arriving today. =D

As we are now on the DHs does this mean that once this year's waves release there's a chance they won't release any 2022 Lego Harry Potter

4 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

As we are now on the DHs does this mean that once this year's waves release there's a chance they won't release any 2022 Lego Harry Potter

It's possible but I doubt it. There's still quite a few things they could do and the theme sells like hotcakes so LEGO is unlikely to pull the plug this year.

9 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I've always speculated that Lego HP will be around as long as the Fantastic Beasts movies are still ongoing.Don't forget that the theme came back when the second film was released back in 2018.

But as Guyon pointed out,as long the theme sells well there is no reason for Lego to stop.No to mention this year we got our first winter wave and the summer wave is far more packed than the previous years.

Ideally, I think most of us can agree that it would be perfect for them to continue another few years, release enough sets and figures to really round off the collection of the series, and then stop. Realistically, this theme sells really well and I don’t see them ending it as long as that’s the case. Chances are the theme will live long enough to see itself become the villain