Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

In my case, it says “waiting for new stock” for the MBoM. I ordered my sets right at midnight and now half of what I ordered is either backordered or awaits new stock, including all the HP sets. Just great. I initially wanted to order with express shipping, but once the sets became available it all went so fast I forgot to select the option :wall: 

Sure, express shipping isn’t exactly cheap, but at least it’s half as expensive as paying a scalper for the GWP :damn: 

If it says "waiting for stock", could that mean there might be some more available and in stock later in january? (For people who haven't ordered it yet, so new stock made available.)

Edited by Kid Flash
clarification

1 hour ago, Kid Flash said:

If it says "waiting for stock", could that mean there might be some more available and in stock later in january? 

That's what I'm hoping :classic:

8 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I know @Surge said there was only one set, and I'm on back order and can't speak to what's actually in the set (for aaaaages), but the advertising for the set clearly shows Neville and Cedric with the headphones cum earmuffs around both of the minifigs' necks, both on the box and in the interior shot. If there was only one set, perhaps they muffed it?

I meant only one spare. In total there are 3

2 hours ago, Kid Flash said:

If it says "waiting for stock", could that mean there might be some more available and in stock later in january? 

I've heard of orders getting canceled when it says that, especially orders for items in limited quantity (like the Nebulon B Frigate or Bespin Duel). I hope @Lego-Freak ends up getting it but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Edited by YetiZombie

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Are you sure you're not confusing it with Hogsmeade's Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop? Scribbulus does actually make an appearance a couple of times in the books but it's name is never mentioned. 

Ah maybe I am. I just think it's a little odd that certain names of places aren't originally from the books and only added afterwards.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:52 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Unsurprisingly a fairly large amount of MBoM copies have now found their way onto the internet with prices ranging from 50 to 100 euro :facepalm:

I do wonder what makes this set so special that people are willing to pay such a high prices for it....

I don’t get it either. I saw it displayed in the store on the first...and I’m less excited for it(which wasn’t much). It’s a neat little set, but something I won’t be bothered by if I miss it. 

8 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

I hope @Lego-Freak ends up getting it but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Looks like I got lucky, it‘s „in warehouse“ now :excited: The other HP sets aren‘t, but at least I don‘t have to pay through the nose for the GWP :laugh:

Been working on this for a couple of weeks while stuck at home over Christmas, and I’m quite pleased with the end result...

I have put the first 2 HP CMF into a spreadsheet, attempted to draw out a pattern/formula for a 16 figure lineup and then used that template to populate as many further CMF series as I could, and I ended with 5 total!

This is assuming of course that the future HP CMF series still have 16 Minifigures, which may not be the case, I also ignored the FB characters completely: 

Harry Potter CMF 1 to 5 (Speculation)

I have tried to have a fair balance of female figures and at least one BAME representation in each series, in addition to new moulded animals/ magical objects.

The biggest challenge was coming up with 5 interesting Luna Lovegood variations, which ending up with her ‘wedding’ self kicking out her father from the same scene into a wedding set/AC.

Hope this gets you guys excited at least to see how much more we could potentially have in the future 

Edited by Bugbot20082

55 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Been working on this for a couple of weeks while stuck at home over Christmas, and I’m quite pleased with the end result...

I have put the first 2 HP CMF into a spreadsheet, attempted to draw out a pattern/formula for a 16 figure lineup and then used that template to populate as many further CMF series as I could, and I ended with 5 total!

This is assuming of course that the future HP CMF series still have 16 Minifigures, which may not be the case, I also ignored the FB characters completely: 

I have tried to have a fair balance of female figures and at least one BAME representation in each series, in addition to new moulded animals/ magical objects.

The biggest challenge was coming up with 5 interesting Luna Lovegood variations, which ending up with her ‘wedding’ self kicking out her father from the same scene into a wedding set/AC.

Hope this gets you guys excited at least to see how much more we could potentially have in the future 

These would be the perfect progression of the CMFs for me. Aside from more characters in Gryffindor robes, which I'm a little bored of at this point, but I guess there are the most characters to chose from there.

I got the 2018 Bricktober pack for Christmas, which feels so satisfying to fill the 4-minifig gap on my stand, so with all 42 of the minifigs outside of the sets, books, poly bags, etc; I think these are the types of characters I'd want to see in the future.

Luna with Dobby's grave is pretty dark, though :look:

That's some stellar work @Bugbot20082! Looking at the figures alone (not the accessories) there are a lot of cool characters and variants that I'd love to see but also quite a few figures I find far more likely to appear in a normal set and ones that wouldn't be all that interesting (like multiple casual versions of Neville).

Figures that I find more likely to appear in a set include: all 4 of the listed Second Task figures, Year 6 Dumbledore, Rita Skeeter, Year 7 trio variants and Umbridge, Narcissa Malfoy, Year 7 trio casual variants, the Grey Lady. 

There are a lot of great ideas here but I think this could be condensed into 2 series. 

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Good work!  There is clearly a lot of thought put into these lineups and the accessories and I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO follows the pattern you found for a third series.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looking at the figures alone (not the accessories) there are a lot of cool characters and variants that I'd love to see but also quite a few figures I find far more likely to appear in a normal set and ones that wouldn't be all that interesting (like multiple casual versions of Neville).

I also agree with this though, as there are a decent number of figures that would be very likely to just show up in sets if we continue to get so many each year.  If anything, I think that Year 2 Polyjuice variants of Harry, Ron, and Hermione would be more suitable for a CMF than the variants listed on the spreadsheet.

These are some interesting suggestions, well done @Bugbot20082! Now here's a tricky question: since the amount of minifigs has been reduced to 12, which I assume to be the new norm for all future series, which four categories would realistically be removed? I'd say two of the three students, one extra and Hogwarts staff / ghost :classic:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

These are some interesting suggestions, well done @Bugbot20082! Now here's a tricky question: since the amount of minifigs has been reduced to 12, which I assume to be the new norm for all future series, which four categories would realistically be removed? I'd say two of the three students, one extra and Hogwarts staff / ghost :classic:

It's less realistisc but I would gladly sacrifice the Dumbledore, Neville and Luna categories. There's really not much more to do for those characters.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's some stellar work @Bugbot20082! Looking at the figures alone (not the accessories) there are a lot of cool characters and variants that I'd love to see but also quite a few figures I find far more likely to appear in a normal set and ones that wouldn't be all that interesting (like multiple casual versions of Neville).

Figures that I find more likely to appear in a set include: all 4 of the listed Second Task figures, Year 6 Dumbledore, Rita Skeeter, Year 7 trio variants and Umbridge, Narcissa Malfoy, Year 7 trio casual variants, the Grey Lady. 

There are a lot of great ideas here but I think this could be condensed into 2 series. 

Agreed. Would also knock off Karkaroff (potential durmstrang ship) and year 1 variants of Harry and neville in uniforms. And luna with dobbys grave would be a bit dark. I know they've done whole graveyards but when its a grave of a character from a cmf already in that series it might cross LEGOs line. And 7.2 Neville will probably be in a battle of hogwarts set.

Unfortunately I think we'll get 12 per series so I'd say we'd lose some figures. I think we might have luna or neville next time rather than both.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like I got lucky, it‘s „in warehouse“ now :excited: The other HP sets aren‘t, but at least I don‘t have to pay through the nose for the GWP :laugh:

Awesome!!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys I appreciate it ?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's less realistisc but I would gladly sacrifice the Dumbledore, Neville and Luna categories. There's really not much more to do for those characters.

I agree, with the exception of flying lesson Neville (I’m nostalgic for the old remembrall) and Luna with the Thestral I don’t get much joy from all the variations of these three, and would definitely want to retain the ‘extras’ slots for the missing adult characters from outside Hogwarts if the series got cut down 

32 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

And luna with dobbys grave would be a bit dark. I know they've done whole graveyards but when its a grave of a character from a cmf already in that series it might cross LEGOs line.

I couldn’t think of a good accessory for her unfortunately, she doesn’t have anything in hand at Malfoy Manor or Shell Cottage :/ 

A few things I’m not satisfied with which you guys could help me with ideas:

An accessory for Narcissa

A better ‘evil’ character for series 5

If we removed the lake task figures what could replace the Krum slot? Cho in winter clothes perhaps? Or Kate with the cursed necklace? 

Edited by Bugbot20082

6 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Limbo Voldemort

Sure thing! Along with Charity Babbage and a dead unicorn :tongue: I'd love to have Dumbledore the White (and all other versions) but limbo Voldemort is waaaay too grim. But Dobby's grave is a possibility I think, but rather in a potential Shell Cottage set, and most likely a sticker.

8 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I like most of your picks, but I'm pretty sure if they do another HP cmf then there would only be 12 minifigures, so I'd definitely leave out Luna and Neville for a start. Especially as we've gotten them in so many sets, we don't need them in the cmf series anymore.

I hope that in 2024 will lego not releasing more hp sets... i am against set reworks... and new ideas will be less relevant with time...

Just now, KA1 said:

I hope that in 2024 will lego not releasing more hp sets... i am against set reworks... and new ideas will be less relevant with time...

I completely agree, let the theme run it's course untill 2023/2024 and end it there. That would give LEGO more than enough room to cover everything they need to cover with additional sets, another CMF series (or 2) and maybe another D2C. 

26 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I like most of your picks, but I'm pretty sure if they do another HP cmf then there would only be 12 minifigures, so I'd definitely leave out Luna and Neville for a start. Especially as we've gotten them in so many sets, we don't need them in the cmf series anymore.

I would argue we didn't even need them for the second cmf... apart from the MBoM and Luna's lion headdress, I don't think they really added anything, especially the we could've got characters like Tonks, Rita Skeeter, or madam Pomphrey, who I think would've been so much more interesting

2 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Sure thing! Along with Charity Babbage and a dead unicorn :tongue: I'd love to have Dumbledore the White (and all other versions) but limbo Voldemort is waaaay too grim. But Dobby's grave is a possibility I think, but rather in a potential Shell Cottage set, and most likely a sticker.

Hahahaha! Surely Charity Babbage Should come with Nagini!

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I would argue we didn't even need them for the second cmf... apart from the MBoM and Luna's lion headdress, I don't think they really added anything, especially the we could've got characters like Tonks, Rita Skeeter, or madam Pomphrey, who I think would've been so much more interesting

I would've just replaced Neville with Draco while keeping his accessory. It still wouldn't be the most exciting figure but at least it would give us an easy way to get a lot of Slytherin robes while keeping that amazing MBoM accessory. Speaking of robes, is anyone else kinda getting tired of waiting on Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw robes? 

3 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Thanks for the positive feedback guys I appreciate it ?

I agree, with the exception of flying lesson Neville (I’m nostalgic for the old remembrall) and Luna with the Thestral I don’t get much joy from all the variations of these three, and would definitely want to retain the ‘extras’ slots for the missing adult characters from outside Hogwarts if the series got cut down 

I couldn’t think of a good accessory for her unfortunately, she doesn’t have anything in hand at Malfoy Manor or Shell Cottage :/ 

A few things I’m not satisfied with which you guys could help me with ideas:

An accessory for Narcissa

A better ‘evil’ character for series 5

If we removed the lake task figures what could replace the Krum slot? Cho in winter clothes perhaps? Or Kate with the cursed necklace? 

How about Krum from the Quidditch World Cup in his Bulgarian Seeker robes?