Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

$230 seems a bit steep for just Gringotts and I don't see it being paired with Borgin & Burkes as they don't really feature in the same film, but who knows. I'd absolutely love to get Borgin & Burkes eventually, but I suspect it will probably be stand-alone if we get it. If it is Gringotts, hopefully it will be paired with another Diagon Alley shop so we can start building the opposite side of the street.

Hogsmeade has been brought up a few times as well for the $230 set. Could be possible. But hey, I'm just gonna throw something out here that I don't think has been mentioned before....
How about a "UCS" Quidditch Pitch? :laugh:

Just now, Roonil Wazlib said:

$230 seems a bit steep for just Gringotts and I don't see it being paired with Borgin & Burkes as they don't really feature in the same film, but who knows. I'd absolutely love to get Borgin & Burkes eventually, but I suspect it will probably be stand-alone if we get it. If it is Gringotts, hopefully it will be paired with another Diagon Alley shop so we can start building the opposite side of the street.

Hogsmeade has been brought up a few times as well for the $230 set. Could be possible. But hey, I'm just gonna throw something out here that I don't think has been mentioned before....

I could see a Durmstrang Ship/Second Task combined set for that price. I can’t see Gringotts by itself going for that price but maybe it would come with other builds or shops? Who knows? I’m just very very excited to hear about the summer wave

Can’t understand why we haven’t had a Leaky Cauldron yet given that the most exciting thing about it is... bricks! Surely tailor made for Lego? 

Is there any chance my MBoM could be cancelled? I ordered DA on 1 January, but it's backordered. The MBoM Is included in the order, do they keep it aside because I ordered early even though it probably won't be delivered for another two weeks or so?

I haven't had to deal with backorders before so don't know how it'll work exactly.

5 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

Is there any chance my MBoM could be cancelled? I ordered DA on 1 January, but it's backordered. The MBoM Is included in the order, do they keep it aside because I ordered early even though it probably won't be delivered for another two weeks or so?

I haven't had to deal with backorders before so don't know how it'll work exactly.

From my experience LEGO is fairly inconsistent when it comes to GWPs for backorders so I'd recommend contacting customer service, they should be able to look that up quite easily :wink:

4 hours ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

But hey, I'm just gonna throw something out here that I don't think has been mentioned before....

I really am not interested in spending that much money on a "UCS" Quidditch Pitch.  I bought 4 of the current Quidditch set to create my own so I could at least have 2 full teams in uniform.  Fortunately I didn't pay full price for all of them.  Unless they were to include all 4 full teams in uniform plus Madam Hooch I can't see it being a big seller and it would probably end up costing way more than $230 unless they scaled it to the size of Hogwarts Castle

3 hours ago, Mordarch said:

For future reference if I know or am worried that I might get something that's back-ordered I add a small item like an Xtras set or minifig that is in stock to insure the GWP will ship right away.

Edited by karrit

Not sure where that $230 pricetag is coming from but the largest set is $250

8 minutes ago, karrit said:

I really am not interested in spending that much money on a "UCS" Quidditch Pitch.  I bought 4 of the current Quidditch set to create my own so I could at least have 2 full teams in uniform.  Fortunately I didn't pay full price for all of them.  Unless they were to include all 4 full teams in uniform plus Madam Hooch I can't see it being a big seller and it would probably end up costing way more than $230 unless they scaled it to the size of Hogwarts Castle

I agree and a UCS Quidditch Pitch would also take up a gigantic amount of space which most people don't have available. And even if I did have that space available I'd much rather use it for something else :sceptic:

The $250 set will certainly be a fun one to speculate on until we get more information.  I think Hogsmeade seems like the most plausible option to me, but I could also see it being a Diagon Alley expansion or a Cloud City-style Ministry of Magic set.  If the Durmstrang Ship gets a set next year, I would hope that they throw in notable GOF characters such as Rita Skeeter, Barty Crouch Sr., and Amos Diggory.  None of those characters really have an obvious set they could be included in, but (with the possible exception of Skeeter) they wouldn't make very interesting CMF figures, and shouldn't need new molds anyways.

Assuming this year is Deathly Hallows focused, I hope that we get new molds for Slytherin's Locket, Hufflepuff's Cup, and Ravenclaw's Diadem to add to the Horcrux lineup (I don't expect to see the ring show up anytime soon, unless a DH Dumbledore shows up in a third CMF series or something)  Other good candidates for new molds include the Resurrection Stone, the Deluminator, Hermione's handbag, and the Ukranian Ironbelly's head.

Happy new year everyone, hope everyone had fun building all their Christmas and New Year lego. I managed to get MBoM when the Lego shop was selling it and it was all sold out in-store but the staff sold me the one they build themselves for display that morning for 20% off. I was more than happy, and whoever built it was amazing at applying stickers.

Got all the new Harry Potter book sets but they released early in-store here in Melbourne so no free MBoM set with that which was a shame. All my sticker sheets were crushed which is so annoying, gonna request new ones, I'm trying to flatten the ones that came with the sets under some actual books. The sets are cute but not really must haves. I think I would have preferred if the fronts of the book were covers like a Potions book cover. McGonagall is probably the best figure, Flitwick is ok but still not totally accurate and finally a soot covered face for Seamus.. Love all the new small book inserts and the new earmuffs for Herbology class. And the stickers are a mixed bag, some are nicely detailed and I'll use them in my moc but some of the Herbology and potions ones are a bit simple and ugly looking. Now I'm off to tidy my building room so I can build without messy distractions. Looking forward to seeing what 2021 brings to Harry Potter Lego. 

Edited by Micmac

9 hours ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

I still believe Lego will give us DA as a new series to collect like the yearly Hogwarts parts. So to me it makes most sense to include less known shops with the well known ones instead of other well known ones that can sell themself. If the 250$ set is Gringotts and another shop is included it is probably something like broomstix and or magical menagerie since they are closest on this map;

24a1858b24c644028f5e3c64e4d67271.jpg

Edited by Roebuck

11 hours ago, Mordarch said:

In my case, it says “waiting for new stock” for the MBoM. I ordered my sets right at midnight and now half of what I ordered is either backordered or awaits new stock, including all the HP sets. Just great. I initially wanted to order with express shipping, but once the sets became available it all went so fast I forgot to select the option :wall: 

Sure, express shipping isn’t exactly cheap, but at least it’s half as expensive as paying a scalper for the GWP :damn: 

Has anyone seen the rumour on Instagram regarding a new Durmstrang ship and Luna’s House, if so do we know if the leaker is trusted or not? 

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

Has anyone seen the rumour on Instagram regarding a new Durmstrang ship and Luna’s House, if so do we know if the leaker is trusted or not? 

We discussed it on the previous page, it's fake. 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, chris6507 said:

Does anyone know if the Herbology set has earmuffs as one of the spare parts with the set. Hoping there's a spare or two for my other custom figures. :-)

I know @Surge said there was only one set, and I'm on back order and can't speak to what's actually in the set (for aaaaages), but the advertising for the set clearly shows Neville and Cedric with the headphones cum earmuffs around both of the minifigs' necks, both on the box and in the interior shot. If there was only one set, perhaps they muffed it?

1 hour ago, hogwarts_bricks said:

I ordered 3 Hogwarts Moment with the two gwp at midnight. My status is in warehouse...but I don’t know when it will be dispached. 

Same me. I did my order 30mins afted midnight si i hope that everything arrive:))

On 1/1/2021 at 6:34 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I'm not planning on buying them but if I would buy just 3 of them the Potions book would be the one to skip for me. While it's a neat gimmick the books themselves don't do much for me so I would grade them by their figures and the usefulness of the included stickers.

Figures: all students with the new crestprinting are essentially useless for me and I don't like the new Snape and Sprout figures as they are essentially downgrades of past iterations. Transfiguration has McGonagall, Charms has Flitwick, Herbology has those nice Herbology outfits and Potions has.... nothing really.

Stickers: across all 4 books there are quite a few stickers that would be nice to use in a larger Hogwarts display, the Potions set however only has 1 interesting sticker: the great looking chalkboard. 

I agree with you and @YetiZombie that the new Snape minifig is a disappointment. Have to disagree about the Potions and supplies stickers though, because I thought it really captured the movie set design. (Not the stuff on the book portion of the stickers, but the bit that makes up the classroom itself.) That and the re-interpretation of the Charms walls to include spells instead of student names are my two favourite stickers.

Does anyone know if the Hufflepuff set even includes a Hufflepuff flag? The Gryffindors get custom crest tiles, the Slytherins and Ravenclaws at least get stickers with the House banners inside the books, but I couldn't see one at all in the Herbology set. 

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

I agree with you and @YetiZombie that the new Snape minifig is a disappointment. Have to disagree about the Potions and supplies stickers though, because I thought it really captured the movie set design. (Not the stuff on the book portion of the stickers, but the bit that makes up the classroom itself.) That and the re-interpretation of the Charms walls to include spells instead of student names are my two favourite stickers.

They captured the set designs pretty well with those stickers but for things like that I personally prefer brickbuilt detail, that's why they're of no use to me. 

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They captured the set designs pretty well with those stickers but for things like that I personally prefer brickbuilt detail, that's why they're of no use to me. 

Curious, what do you end up using stickers for then mostly? (Unless it were a printed brick, the "Potassa Carbonate" seems doomed to have been a sticker, and a plain arch, even if a physical brick, still isn't going to give it the same feel for me. But yes, in a perfect world, a printed archway would have been very special.)

Oh, I'm also going to put the uniforms with crests to use as Prefect's uniforms. I think that's a nice way to add some variety so the students don't all look the same. So maybe not completely useless? I think it's a reasonable fanwank, as we know they had badges of some sort. 

Edited by krimimimi

I have not got the books yet but will buy all three eventually. I hope they continue the range and do a Divination and a couple of DAtDA lessons too in the future. I love the chalkboards and book cases etc, great for MOCs, and the way all the furniture fits together like a puzzle really appeals to me :)

I just wish they kept the uniforms consistent and put in Susan Bones for example instead of Cedric which is so weird.

I could see them to a magical creatures lesson with a short stone wall being the food-out and the inside of the book becoming a forest clearing. I think Buckbeak & Hagrid together may be out of the budget so why not some niflers and/or baby dragons?

Edited by Bugbot20082

2 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Curious, what do you end up using stickers for then mostly? (Unless it were a printed brick, the "Potassa Carbonate" seems doomed to have been a sticker, and a plain arch, even if a physical brick, still isn't going to give it the same feel for me. But yes, in a perfect world, a printed archway would have been very special.)

To add detail where bricks don't quite do it. With things like signs, computer screens, portraits, chalkboards etc I'm totally ok with stickers (although I do prefer prints) but for things like bookcases or shelves filled with potions I'll take actual bricks over a sticker any day. 

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I still believe Lego will give us DA as a new series to collect like the yearly Hogwarts parts. So to me it makes most sense to include less known shops with the well known ones instead of other well known ones that can sell themself. If the 250$ set is Gringotts and another shop is included it is probably something like broomstix and or magical menagerie since they are closest on this map;

24a1858b24c644028f5e3c64e4d67271.jpg

I'm not too sure about this map. I've been relistening to the HP audiobooks so many of these places are never mentioned. In fact I'm pretty sure Scribulus is actually in Hogsmeade not Diagon Alley. (this was one of the reasons I wasn't a huge fan of the lego DA set)

11 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm not too sure about this map. I've been relistening to the HP audiobooks so many of these places are never mentioned. In fact I'm pretty sure Scribulus is actually in Hogsmeade not Diagon Alley. (this was one of the reasons I wasn't a huge fan of the lego DA set)

Are you sure you're not confusing it with Hogsmeade's Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop? Scribbulus does actually make an appearance a couple of times in the books but it's name is never mentioned. 

37 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

It's accurate to the films, some shops aren't featured in the books yet are now canon due to Pottermore, such as Wiseacres and possibly Potages, so I guess the names came from Rowling. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

To add detail where bricks don't quite do it. With things like signs, computer screens, portraits, chalkboards etc I'm totally ok with stickers (although I do prefer prints) but for things like bookcases or shelves filled with potions I'll take actual bricks over a sticker any day. 

What I've done is use stickered elements as the back part of shelves to give a bit more depth, like the books Dumbledore's Office for library shelves and this piece which I have loads of from the old sets for the potion cupboard:

4215bpx1.png

I really don't have time for stickers like the hourglass in Slughorn's office though, especially when there is a perfectly good element they could use for it. 

Edited by Seaber

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I know @Surge said there was only one set, and I'm on back order and can't speak to what's actually in the set (for aaaaages), but the advertising for the set clearly shows Neville and Cedric with the headphones cum earmuffs around both of the minifigs' necks, both on the box and in the interior shot. If there was only one set, perhaps they muffed it?

Neville & Cedric each have a set of earmuffs and there is one spare so there are definitely three in the set. The spare comes in the first bag.

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Does anyone know if the Hufflepuff set even includes a Hufflepuff flag? The Gryffindors get custom crest tiles, the Slytherins and Ravenclaws at least get stickers with the House banners inside the books, but I couldn't see one at all in the Herbology set. 

There is a Hufflepuff Crest printed on one of the wall stickers buried under the printed foliage.  No flag or banner though.