Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Harry Potter 2021 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, and general Wizarding World discussion throughout 2021--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Harry Potter discussion. 

Enjoy!

---

January
76382 - $29.99 - 241 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Transfiguration Class - McGonagall, Ron, Hermione
76383 - $29.99 - 271 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Potions Class - Snape, Draco, Seamus
76384 - $29.99 - 233 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Herbology Class - Sprout, Neville, Cedric
76385 - $29.99 - 256 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Charms Class - Flitwick, Harry, Cho

June
76386 - $19.99 - 217 pieces - Hogwarts: Polyjuice Potion Mistake - Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe, Hermione (cat), Gold Harry
76387 - $39.99 - 397 pieces - Hogwarts: Fluffy Encounter - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Hermione
76388 - $79.99 - 851 pieces - Hogsmeade Village Visit - Harry, Dean, McGonagall, Madam Rosmerta, Mr Flume, Mrs Flume, Gold Ron
76389 - $129.99 - 1176 pieces - Hogwarts: Chamber of Secrets - Harry, Ginny, Dumbledore, Nearly Headless Nick, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Sinestra, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, Gold Voldemort
76392 - $59.99 - 876 pieces - Hogwarts Wizard's Chess - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Snape
76393 - $119.99 - 1673 pieces - Harry Potter and Hermione Granger
76394 - $39.99 - 597 pieces - Fawkes, Dumbledore's Phoenix - Dumbledore
76395 - $29.99 - 264 pieces - Hogwarts: First Flying Lesson - Hooch, Draco, Neville, Gold Quirrel
40500 - $14.99 - 33 pieces - Wizarding World Minifigure Accessory Set - Harry, Borgin, Witch, Wizard

September
76390 - $39.99 - 274 pieces - Advent Calendar - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Dudley, Griphook

No confirmed releasedate 
76391 - $249.99 - Hogwarts Icons
30392 - $4.99 - Hermione's Study Desk - Hermione

MBoM is already sold out. That happened surprisingly fast considering this promo was supposed to be available untill the 31st :sceptic:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

MBoM is already sold out. That happened surprisingly fast considering this promo was supposed to be available untill the 31st :sceptic:

So glad I acted early!

I already bought a couple MBOM sets at B&N back when they stocked them in stores, so I’m gonna wait until the Moments sets pop up in stores. Very excited to pick them up though

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sold out in Europe, but still available in the US. And, for the first time in over a month, something from my wish list was available to order on LEGO.com. AND, it was Diagon Alley! It's backordered, but I was waiting for MBoM as a GWP before ordering it. So now I get both the MBoM and Ideas car as GWP. Excellent! It's odd, as it wasn't available a few hours ago. I hope it's not one of their system glitches and it gets cancelled.

Edited by RichardGoring

A bunch of you have mentioned only ordering three of the Moments classrooms, because it was enough to meet the GWP threshold. (I ordered all four, because I couldn't bring myself to skip one.) But I'm curious, if you skip / postponed the purchase of a set, which of the four was less of a "gotta have" for you and why? (For example, I was disappointed the Herbology set included no Hufflepuff uniforms and yet another Cedric.)

11 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

A bunch of you have mentioned only ordering three of the Moments classrooms, because it was enough to meet the GWP threshold. (I ordered all four, because I couldn't bring myself to skip one.) But I'm curious, if you skip / postponed the purchase of a set, which of the four was less of a "gotta have" for you and why? (For example, I was disappointed the Herbology set included no Hufflepuff uniforms and yet another Cedric.)

I skipped the Potions one because the minifigs are basically repeats of existing ones (besides a subtle change in Snape's torso). I'll probably still pick it up at some point though, probably when it goes on sale.

5 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I'm not planning on buying them but if I would buy just 3 of them the Potions book would be the one to skip for me. While it's a neat gimmick the books themselves don't do much for me so I would grade them by their figures and the usefulness of the included stickers.

Figures: all students with the new crestprinting are essentially useless for me and I don't like the new Snape and Sprout figures as they are essentially downgrades of past iterations. Transfiguration has McGonagall, Charms has Flitwick, Herbology has those nice Herbology outfits and Potions has.... nothing really.

Stickers: across all 4 books there are quite a few stickers that would be nice to use in a larger Hogwarts display, the Potions set however only has 1 interesting sticker: the great looking chalkboard. 

So for me personally the Potions book is the least exciting one. 

12 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I've been a bit out of the loop regarding rumors for 2021. Any chance we'll get any Deathly Hallows sets, or does Lego seem to be leaving that for later?

Good chunk of it should be DH related but that's just an assumption based on the last 3 years. 

76386 - $19,99
76387 - $39,99
76388 - $79,99
76389 - $129,99
76390 - $39,99
76391 - $249,99
76392 - $59,99
76393 - $119,99
76394 - $39,99
76395 - $29,99
40500 - accessory pack
40495 - GWP/Brickheadz, should be anniversary related
40496 - GWP/Brickheadz, should be anniversary related

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

I skipped the Potions set for now because the minifigure lineup was the least interesting to me, with the Herbology set at least having the Herbology outfits, which are nice to have more of.  I still plan on getting the Potions set later on, but I don't need it right now.

I gave up last night when the website crashed after 1-1/2 hour of trying to get to the payment screen.  As expected the Moments Classrooms are now out of stock or back-ordered so I fell back to my original plan of ordering the Astronomy Tower to get the 2 GWP's.  I then placed an order through Target to pick up the 4 Moments Books at the store.  Just waiting for the notification to go pick them up if they actually have them available.  Now I have to find something new in stock at Kohl's to spend my Kohl's Cash on.  I was torn on which of the Moments books to wait on but was a bit concerned they may end up being like the Friends Cubes where if you don't grab them they are gone so I ordered them all.

My guess

76386 - $19,99 forbbinden forest
76387 - $39,99  Ministery-Voldemort  -Harry-Dumbeldore
76388 - $79,99 durmstrang ship
76389 - $129,99 Gringgots
76390 - $39,99 Second task 
76391 - $249,99  Hogsmeade o Knockturn alley
76392 - $59,99 Sirius’s house
76393 - $119,99 Chamber of secret
76394 - $39,99 Ministery- loket and Umbridge
76395 - $29,99 Advent calendar
40500 - accessory pack I hope quidditch
40495 - GWP/Brickheadz, should be anniversary related 
40496 - GWP/Brickheadz, should be anniversary related

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

What - MBOM is sold out?!? What are the chances of it coming back into stock as a GWP? I wasn’t expecting this at all.

It's probably gone for good unfortunately ☹️, your only chance now would be to try and get it at a LEGO store in person.

Unsurprisingly a fairly large amount of MBoM copies have now found their way onto the internet with prices ranging from 50 to 100 euro :facepalm:

I do wonder what makes this set so special that people are willing to pay such a high prices for it....

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unsurprisingly a fairly large amount of MBoM copies have now found their way onto the internet with prices ranging from 50 to 100 euro :facepalm:

I do wonder what makes this set so special that people are willing to pay such a high prices for it....

It's just the fact that people know it's hard to get and stock won't be replenished. It's less about the build and more about having something that's rare. For example, I thought Yoda's lightsaber was a really lame GWP for the Mos Eisley Cantina, but that also goes for at least $100 on eBay and other sites.

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

It's just the fact that people know it's hard to get and stock won't be replenished. It's less about the build and more about having something that's rare. For example, I thought Yoda's lightsaber was a really lame GWP for the Mos Eisley Cantina, but that also goes for at least $100 on eBay and other sites.

I'm aware of that but others like the Hagrid and Buckbeak BrickHeadz set or the Dickens Tribute didn't go for nearly as much. That's why I think it's interesting that the MBoM GWP is selling for so much money, especially considering the treshold for this one is a lot lower than the 2 I mentioned earlier. 

Edited by Guyon2002

I'm definitely glad I made my order as early as possible.  As neat as the Monster Book of Monsters GWP looks, I would not get it if I had to pay those aftermarket prices.

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm aware of that but others like the Hagrid and Buckbeak BrickHeadz set or the Dickens Tribute didn't go for nearly as much. That's why I think it's interesting that the MBoM GWP is selling for so much money, especially considering the treshold for this one is a lot lower than the 2 I mentioned earlier. 

It's impossible to know exactly what causes some sets to be more popular or valuable than others, but I think with the examples you provided, the Dickens promo was available for much longer (possibly because of the threshold but maybe also because they made more) and Brickheadz in general just aren't nearly as popular as regular builds. MBoM also sold out extremely quickly at Barnes and Nobles in the US, so people who missed out on that probably realized its exclusivity.

And, to top it off, MBOM is just a neat looking set with an interactive feature, which is pretty great for a GWP.

Edited by YetiZombie

4 hours ago, hogwarts_bricks said:

I can’t wait for the new wave!!! I had reading this topic since March and I had enjoyed too much with yours posts. Sorry for my English!!!

Welcome :classic:

1 hour ago, Chocolate Frog said:

What - MBOM is sold out?!? What are the chances of it coming back into stock as a GWP? I wasn’t expecting this at all.

Close to zero online (Lego stores may still have them) since it sold out, but the ice skating GWP was not sold out when its time was up so that may come back later I guess :shrug_oh_well:

I got a nasty surprise last night, the same moment as the GWP was available the Burrow set price increased 15 euro with a lot of other sets that also increased around 10% in Norway:damn: So basically I ended up paying 15-25 euro for the GWP since I could have gotten the set that much cheaper in other shops or at Lego 5 minutes earlier :hmpf:

29 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Welcome :classic:

Close to zero online (Lego stores may still have them) since it sold out, but the ice skating GWP was not sold out when its time was up so that may come back later I guess :shrug_oh_well:

I got a nasty surprise last night, the same moment as the GWP was available the Burrow set price increased 15 euro with a lot of other sets that also increased around 10% in Norway:damn: So basically I ended up paying 15-25 euro for the GWP since I could have gotten the set that much cheaper in other shops or at Lego 5 minutes earlier :hmpf:

You're lucky you were able to buy at all.  I've had errors since midnight, won't let me checkout, no matter the browser, OS, or network.  I watched all the sets I wanted go from in stock to backordered to out of stock, and the GWP disappear.  I don't know if their website is that slammed, poorly constructed, or hammered with bots buying stock for scalpers like the playstations are.