Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The pieces on the base closer resemble this new piece from the Iron Man vs Thanos 4+ set:

I definitely see where you're coming from, and it's obviously not the best image of the set, but it doesn't look like it uses two studs on top. It could also just be a variation of this new piece, or a new one completely, but you might be right

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm kind of surprised that we still haven't seen the second Shang-Chi set.

It's been nearly a week now.

We'll probably see it pop up somewhere in the next week or 2. 

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We'll probably see it pop up somewhere in the next week or 2. 

I really hope so.

I honestly expected the person who got the first set to take pictures from instruction booklet - unless he wasn't able to get that set.

But then again, why would there be only one of two sets in the first place?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope so.

I honestly expected the person who got the first set to take pictures from instruction booklet - unless he wasn't able to get that set.

But then again, why would there be only one of two sets in the first place?

These kind of leaks always work in mysterious ways. Like why is the quality of this picture so mediocre? Making a good picture doesn't require any skills these days, phones will just do that by themselves. And I'm also somewhat surprised said person didn't take a picture of the back of the box. 

But regardless, I'm grateful we got to see something in the first place. 

Hopefully WandaVision 9 tomorrow will give us more to discuss and hype/talk about regarding potential sets. Still expecting us to get a Disney+ WandaVision set reveal soon :shrug_oh_well: I still doubt it is the August set, seems too far away.

On 3/2/2021 at 6:07 PM, PGBQW said:

I swear if we get one more Venom, I am going to become the goddamn joker

Expecting a Venom Head Bust soon to go along with Carnage :tongue:

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm kind of surprised that we still haven't seen the second Shang-Chi set.

It's been nearly a week now.

I'm seeing some sites still listing the release date as May rather than April, are we still sure they release April?

Though I am more surprised at the lack of D2C information or leaks. Something of that price should be more difficult to hide, we should really be getting something from that... as per Falcon it should be released before May 31st. As such we really only have March, April or May - and D2C's are generally made a big deal of.

Edited by Scarilian

5 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'm seeing some sites still listing the release date as May rather than April, are we still sure they release April?

We never were to begin with, that's just an assumption people made based off the release of that polybag.

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We never were to begin with, that's just an assumption people made based off the release of that polybag.

Some of the leakers previously reassured us of April, that's what I wanted to double check. I'd also say that it does not really make much sense for the Shang Chi polybag to release before the sets :look:

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Some of the leakers previously reassured us of April, that's what I wanted to double check. I'd also say that it does not really make much sense for the Shang Chi polybag to release before the sets :look:

I guess the release date on those ones is really flexible.

Since the time we got to know that those sets are for Shang-Chi, we were told they'd release in May - same goes for other Spring superhero sets (Marvel and DC busts, Batman 4+ set), they were all slated for May (as far as we knew).

April release date came out of nowhere because of the retailer, but it's not like retailers always have correct date son their websites.

My best guess is that iw was always supposed to be May, and that's when they are going to release (unless Marvel delays the movie).

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Did the previous 2 Marvel D2Cs leak before they were revealed?

As far as I can recall, not really. We normally get a glimpse of them in some form but generally it is either Lego intentionally teasing OR a piece/figure of the set.

• The Helicarrier was first teased inside the 'G' of a Lego Designer video - but I don't think we saw what it looked like until the reveal of the Calendar. We may have had figure leaks, but not particularly sure about those.
  • The Hulkbuster I remember us only having a mystery Hulkbuster helmet and nothing else for about a month or so, it got to the stage people were unsure we would even get the D2C and thought it may have been fake. Eventually we got a figure leak I think also.
4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I guess the release date on those ones is really flexible.

Since the time we got to know that those sets are for Shang-Chi, we were told they'd release in May - same goes for other Spring superhero sets (Marvel and DC busts, Batman 4+ set), they were all slated for May (as far as we knew). 

April release date came out of nowhere because of the retailer, but it's not like retailers always have correct date son their websites.

My best guess is that iw was always supposed to be May, and that's when they are going to release (unless Marvel delays the movie).

May would make the most sense. Hopefully we get a surprise WandaVision set to fill the gap :shrug_oh_well:

45 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

May would make the most sense. Hopefully we get a surprise WandaVision set to fill the gap :shrug_oh_well:

Fingers crossed for next Monday :excited:

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Fingers crossed for next Monday :excited:

You and me both. Really really hope that we get something

21 minutes ago, hvader said:

You and me both. Really really hope that we get something

Just imagine a set with Scarlet Witch (new costume), Agatha Harkness, Vision and White Vision - even describing this gives me chills.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just imagine a set with Scarlet Witch (new costume), Agatha Harkness, Vision and White Vision - even describing this gives me chills.

Me too. I really want those 4 and Monica. 

Tbh, I was hoping for a Wandavision Minifig Pack, but since we're already getting the Spider-Man one I lost all hope on it

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Tbh, I was hoping for a Wandavision Minifig Pack, but since we're already getting the Spider-Man one I lost all hope on it

I hope we see some awesome potential build tomorrow so we’ll all be excited for a proper set

I the idea of mini fig packs. They have a lot of potential. Wish they did more than just 1 new fig and 1 new print for the roster, and maybe do 2 entirely new no new mould necessary characters and maybe an exclusive third variant and 1 repeat. Thats 1 repeat 1 variant existing fig 2 new figs. The 2020 pack with Widow and Falcon was mostly good. The aim agents are good to army build and falcon was new. Wish Black Widow was also a new fig that would be so exciting. Wish Venom was like a comics shocker, it wouldn’t need a new mould but we’d all love to see it. Or an updated variant of Beetle. If we got more than just 1 new fig a pack these could be hits.

Last episode of WandaVision was fantastic but still not really anything that lends itself to being a good LEGO set. There's a ton of potential for minifigures though!

Spoiler

Honestly if we could pick just 3 characters I'd go with Wanda (The Scarlet Witch), Vision (white) and Agatha (witch).

The finale didn't give us any ideas for what the build in a potential set could be, but it's clearly minfigures that matter.

I still think that a set with those 4 I listed above would be great.

As for the build, it could either be SWORDs truck or Westview city square, or maybe both.

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Last episode of WandaVision was fantastic but still not really anything that lends itself to being a good LEGO set. There's a ton of potential for minifigures though!

Hide contents

Honestly if we could pick just 3 characters I'd go with Wanda (The Scarlet Witch), Vision (white) and Agatha (witch).

Agreed. Ideally, if we were to get a WandaVision set I’d hope for something similar to a smaller version of the Sanctum Sanctorum showdown. Maybe also with a SWORD truck. 

Spoiler

Either Wanda’s house or the Westview town square (I’d like the cinema but probably the gazebo’s more iconic)m with plenty of attachment points and trans clear pieces to have Wanda, Agatha and the Visions flying around.

Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

Agreed. Ideally, if we were to get a WandaVision set I’d hope for something similar to a smaller version of the Sanctum Sanctorum showdown. Maybe also with a SWORD truck. 

Reveal hidden contents

Either Wanda’s house or the Westview town square (I’d like the cinema but probably the gazebo’s more iconic)m with plenty of attachment points and trans clear pieces to have Wanda, Agatha and the Visions flying around.

Or maybe the funnel truck that Darcy drives with Vision

Spoiler

I can absolutely see them doing a set with an army truck, some rubble and four figures (Wanda, Agatha, Vision and white Vision). Similair to the Tanker Truck Takedown set from Civil War.

^Regarding a possible Wandavision set

Edited by Legopls
Clarification