Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, mgetz said:

How many sets are we getting for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Thor: Love and Thunder?

I hope we get something based off of Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight

I'm not sure how reliable @news_funko is on Twitter, but they're claiming LEGO is making a set for Moon Knight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This eagle-eyed fan has noticed the Marvel Mech sets have been removed off of the LEGO Shopping site. The rest of the January wave plus all of the City and Star Wars sets are still listed.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgetz said:

How many sets are we getting for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Thor: Love and Thunder?

I hope we get something based off of Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight

What about sets for the previous Disney+ releases that did at least very well, if not phenomenal... like WandaVision, for example? My son and I have worked on a few MOCs but there are a LOT of possibilities for sets and minifigures there. And considering they already know that most Marvel fans loved the show, I would think from a business standpoint it would be a HUGE missed opportunity! I can guarantee you, no matter set size or cost, a WandaVision set would have me first in line on release day. I could say most of the same for Loki as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't bought a marvel set since the iron man mech in january 2020, but if we get a set with Tobey and Andrew, instant buy. As-is, I'm looking at the new iron man $10 mech, and I'm trying to bricklink Shang-Chi and the upgraded suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Shang-Chi sequel now officially confirmed I'm really crossing my fingers for the film to return to Ta-Lo and LEGO to do a 4 set wave like they will be doing for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

With the Shang-Chi sequel now officially confirmed I'm really crossing my fingers for the film to return to Ta-Lo and LEGO to do a 4 set wave like they will be doing for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

I really hope they actually do the faces justice next time. They ruined this year's minifigs for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

With the Shang-Chi sequel now officially confirmed I'm really crossing my fingers for the film to return to Ta-Lo and LEGO to do a 4 set wave like they will be doing for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

 Let’s cross fingers and toes.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope they actually do the faces justice next time. They ruined this year's minifigs for me.

If they do not, will you grab a pitchfork and go to Lego? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

 Let’s cross fingers and toes.

If they do not, will you grab a pitchfork and go to Lego? :P

It's tempting, but it's not enough to make me use my pitchfork. I just won't buy them :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The 3 mechs have been delayed due to a stability issue.

Stability of the mechs or the resources LEGO uses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

With the Shang-Chi sequel now officially confirmed I'm really crossing my fingers for the film to return to Ta-Lo and LEGO to do a 4 set wave like they will be doing for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

Hoping we see Ta-Lo vs Kun-Lun with Iron Fist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, what does that even mean. How could they mess up three separate mechs?

Hopefully we find out soon. Could be a systemic issue between all of them being mechs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas what the “stability issue” with mech could be? This new batch looks to be using same build technique as 2020/2021 mechs and their stability is good. Really confused by this news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, what does that even mean. How could they mess up three separate mechs?

I'd suppose if they used the same pieces and technique for the structure of each, that wasn't used in earlier sets, then all 3 would have issues. 

Not sure HOW they can mess that up though. I'd think production is already underway at this point for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The 3 mechs have been delayed due to a stability issue.

:-( 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I'd suppose if they used the same pieces and technique for the structure of each, that wasn't used in earlier sets, then all 3 would have issues. 

Not sure HOW they can mess that up though. I'd think production is already underway at this point for them. 

Production started around the beginning of October for the Marvel Mechs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably an issue with the new technique used to attach the legs to the body, other than that all basic design choices seem to be the same as they were before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terribly sorry if this has been answered already, but as of yet Doctor Strange 2 will only get one set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

Terribly sorry if this has been answered already, but as of yet Doctor Strange 2 will only get one set?

As far as we currently know yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's probably an issue with the new technique used to attach the legs to the body, other than that all basic design choices seem to be the same as they were before.

That’s my understanding. Apparently, the ball joints at the hip loosens too much with play, eventually leading to the mech flopping over and falling. For AFOLs who are likely to pose it a few times that wouldn’t be a problem, but for kids playing with it, that’s an issue.

What’s surprising is that LEGO didn’t realise sooner. Was it still testing after going into production?

I hope the Wolverine one gets re-issued with the hip joint used in the previous Marvel mechs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.