Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Doctor Strange is on the box six times though, and his name appears five times

You're saying this like it's a known fact, but the film is 5 months away. None of us know exactly how important Wanda's role will be in this film, so saying she's more important than the main character is just pure speculation. Nor do we know the importance of America Chavez or Wong, but if they're in the set, they clearly have a level of importance to the film. And unlike Wanda, Chavez has never been a figure, and Wong (ignoring his NWH jacket figure) has remained a difficult to find exclusive figure, at least this way everyone can get a regular Wong

If anyone really values the completion of all four figures on the box art, simply just get the CMF Wanda figure. If you don't have one already, and don't fancy buying a bulk of blind bags for one figure, just use Bricklink, she's really not expensive, some of the listings are actually cheaper than buying one bag

He's always like that. He thinks he some sort of important person who knows more than everyone when he really doesn't. 

I think Wanda should've been included because of the price and 4 figures would've worked but out of the four figures Wanda would probably be the one people cared about the least

I think it's more likely to be a DC set.

Marvel is already getting a 300€ D2C in the next few months, it would only make sense for it to be DC-based.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think it's more likely to be a DC set.

Marvel is already getting a 300€ D2C in the next few months, it would only make sense for it to be DC-based.

What’s the marvel 300 one? Or is it still unknown?

Edited by TMNTerrapin

I really hope it’s not the NWH set. I want a great NWH set but I also want it to be affordable

Imagine if the $500 set is a NWH Statue of Liberty set with Tobey, Andrew, and all five villains. What a Monkey’s Paw that would be. 

17 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Speculation here but I would bet money it’s the tower. I can’t see it being anything else really especially for $500

Wasn't the Hulkbuster D2C supposed to be 76210, or was that just a rumor?

3 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Wasn't the Hulkbuster D2C supposed to be 76210, or was that just a rumor?

Guess because of the lack of a set number attached to the rumor and the set number not having anything attached

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Guess because of the lack of a set number attached to the rumor and the set number not having anything attached

Do you mean that the Hulkbuster isn't happening then? Or it is with a different set number, etc.

16 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Do you mean that the Hulkbuster isn't happening then? Or it is with a different set number, etc.

Different set number 

1 hour ago, TMNTerrapin said:

What’s the marvel 300 one? Or is it still unknown?

Hulkbuster MK II D2C.

And I was wrong about the price - it wasn't actually specified. The price range is 200-250€.

Marvel d2c's peaked with the Daily Bugle. It'll take a lot for anything to top that in my eyes. The only thing that really could would be an X-Manor, and we all know that isn't happening anytime soon.

If this D2C turns out to be a Marvel set, I hope it's another comic related one after Lego saw how well the comic inspired Daily Bugle set is STILL selling out like crazy. Unpopular opinion, but it'll be an easy pass for me if it's an MCU set, especially Stark/Avengers Tower. I'm starting to get real sick of that building being the only noteworthy location that Lego seems to know along with the Helicarrier. 

It's never going to happen, but a comic Baxter Building or X-Mansion/Xavier Institute would drain my wallet so fast. Out of those two, I think the Institute has a better chance since Lego is starting to dive back into the X-Men side of things with the Wolverine mech, and an X-Mansion would be a perfect tie-in set for the X-Men '97 cartoon. We probably won't get anything comic Fantastic Four related till the MCU gets their movie out first (because that seems to be the only way Lego will care about making comic minifigures...).

10 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

If this D2C turns out to be a Marvel set, I hope it's another comic related one after Lego saw how well the comic inspired Daily Bugle set is STILL selling out like crazy.

Considering next year LEGO will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the theme, which started with sets based on The Avengers, and we just got the Bugle this year I think it's pretty safe to say it'll be a MCU set if it's Marvel.

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Considering next year LEGO will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the theme, which started with sets based on The Avengers, and we just got the Bugle this year I think it's pretty safe to say it'll be a MCU set if it's Marvel.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Well if that turns out to be the case, then my mind's pretty much made up now. But I guess the first big question that needs to be answered is if this is going to be Marvel or DC related before reaching that point.

For the sake of my wallet, I sure hope that this is not a Marvel/MCU set! (I did just get the 2020 Avengers Tower over the summer as well.) I still need to get the Bugle, and I also have plans to get the Disney Castle and get caught up on some SW UCS sets next year.

Hopefully its the Stark/Avengers Tower. The previous sets were fine for what they were, but the Daily Bugle has really raised my standards that a D2C version is the only way to truly do it justice. Plus the timing couldn't be better with the anniversary of both the Marvel Superheroes line and the first Avengers film.

I'd love an X-Mansion but it makes more sense to hold off on that one until X-Men 97 hits Disney Plus.

I've been hoping for a D2C Avengers Tower ever since the Daily Bugle set came out and made the 2020 Avengers Tower look rather undersized in comparison, so I'd have no issue with that being the mystery set.  $500 is more than I would have expected though.  I would hope that an Avengers Tower at that price would have a level of size, detail and minifigure selection that can sufficiently surpass the Bugle.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

Stark/Avengers Tower. I'm starting to get real sick of that building being the only noteworthy location that Lego seems to know along with the Helicarrier. 

We haven’t had too many sets based off of those, have we?

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In other news, Stone Wars revealed some interesting info.

The mystery 100€ set, 76209, is coming out in March - same date as both Love and Thunder sets (76207 and 76208). Is it just a coincidence that those 3 sets are coming out the same month, with matching set numbers? Wonder what that set could be if not another Thor set...

Also, the 80€ Wakanda Forever set, 76214, is coming out in August. Since we got to know about this set's existence later than the other 3, it might suggest that the whole wave got pushed back to August (which would make sense with the movie's November release date).

Has it been made official that 76209 Is Marvel?

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Speculation here but I would bet money it’s the tower. I can’t see it being anything else really especially for $500

I really hope it's Avengers Tower... I'd like it for a display piece for all the MCU figures I have.

Guessing the Hulkbuster in March and the $500 in 2HY

Edited by Scarilian