Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

Hahaha I love this. Get used THELEGOBATMAN having all the answers to unreleased movies. He seems to think that the internet never lies. I often have to sit back and chuckle when I read this forum. :laugh_hard:

Right? I don’t think that set will be in the movie, but it’s annoying how he always acts like he’s some insider. Anyone can go online and read leaks if they want to. 

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Hahaha I love this. Get used to THELEGOBATMAN having all the answers to unreleased movies. He seems to think that the internet never lies. I often have to sit back and chuckle when I read this forum. :laugh_hard:

I’ve gotta ask, does the Empire magazine cover confirm the sixth member of the Sinister Six? I believe we knew about the following members being in NWH based on the first trailer:

- Doc Ock

- Green Goblin

- Electro

- Sandman

- Lizard

And the Empire magazine cover has seemingly confirmed Mysterio will be in the movie. Hmmm 🤔 

You realise that leaks happen for every comicbook movie, right? Sometimes it's the whole plot, and sometimes it's just tidbits or plot points. You just have to know where to look and who to trust.

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Right? I don’t think that set will be in the movie, but it’s annoying how he always acts like he’s some insider. Anyone can go online and read leaks if they want to. 

Lol? I don't act like an insider. I have very clearly stated  that I've found various reliable sources with informations about this movie.

Also, you don't have to know the whole plot to know that a huge LEGO Spider-Man Drone won't appear in the movie.

3 hours ago, hvader said:

I feel like it makes sense for the 6th member to be an MCU character, so he would be perfect. Let's hope Sandman doesn't reuse the Angry Clone Face again

If we get Sandman at all. I hope they don't give us just 3 more prominent villains, that us if they give us sets at all.

I have a feeling that they might give us a brickbuilt one tho. We've already had 4 minifigures. Raimi's Sandman is the most comic accurate live-action Spider-Man villain, so older minifigures could work for him.

Seeing as this movie focuses on characters and not vehicles or locations, brickbuilt Sandman would give them a build for Oneqq set, and one minfigure less to make.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I have a feeling that they might give us a brickbuilt one tho. We've already had 4 minifigures. Raimi's Sandman is the most comic accurate live-action Spider-Man villain, so older minifigures could work for him.

Yeah, TBF just give any previous LEGO Sandman a flat top and it's pretty perfect

3 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Yeah, TBF just give any previous LEGO Sandman a flat top and it's pretty perfect

Exactly.

I really hope they go brickbuilt, it would be something different this time.

10 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Empire magazine cover has seemingly confirmed Mysterio will be in the movie. Hmmm 🤔 

I feel Mysterio's influence will be felt, but I doubt they would bring him back. They probably included his symbol on the poster because of his role in the film's plot. If Mysterio is the sixth member, it would be easier on Lego though. No need to release Mysterio again, so could just give us six minifigures and a brick built Sandman - maybe throw in Aunt May or Ned to give a civilian character.

• Andrew - Minifigure
  • Tobey - Minifigure
  • Doc Ock - Minifigure
  • Green Goblin - Minifigure
  • Electro - Minifigure
  • Lizard - Minifigure
  • Sandman - Brick Built

Something like:

• Spider-man Variant facing off against Two minifigure villains and a brick-built Sandman (Similar to 76128: Molten Man Battle)
  • Spider-man Variant and either Ned or Aunt May, facing off against Two minifigure villains (Similar to 76129: Hydro-Man Attack)

I feel that's the best way they could handle it.

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I feel Mysterio's influence will be felt, but I doubt they would bring him back. They probably included his symbol on the poster because of his role in the film's plot. If Mysterio is the sixth member, it would be easier on Lego though. No need to release Mysterio again, so could just give us six minifigures and a brick built Sandman - maybe throw in Aunt May or Ned to give a civilian character.

• Andrew - Minifigure
  • Tobey - Minifigure
  • Doc Ock - Minifigure
  • Green Goblin - Minifigure
  • Electro - Minifigure
  • Lizard - Minifigure
  • Sandman - Brick Built

Something like:

• Spider-man Variant facing off against Two minifigure villains and a brick-built Sandman (Similar to 76128: Molten Man Battle)
  • Spider-man Variant and either Ned or Aunt May, facing off against Two minifigure villains (Similar to 76129: Hydro-Man Attack)

I feel that's the best way they could handle it.

They wouldn't give us sets without Tom. It's his movie, and he's the main character, so you have to add one minifig to each set.

I know I've said it a thousand times, but provided that we have 2 sets, I think it will look like this: Tom, Andrew and Electro with brickbuilt Sandman (~30€); Tom, Tobey, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lizard and the 6th member in a Statue of Liberty (~60€).

I also think that with 3 Spider-Men and 6 villains (provided that we get 2 more sets, like Fuclrum says), they wouldn't waste minifig slots on non-superhero characters. They already have a lot to unpack here.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They wouldn't give us sets without Tom. It's his movie, and he's the main character, so you have to add one minifig to each set.

I know I've said it a thousand times, but provided that we have 2 sets, I think it will look like this: Tom, Andrew and Electro with brickbuilt Sandman (~30€); Tom, Tobey, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lizard and the 6th member in a Statue of Liberty (~60€).

I also think that with 3 Spider-Men and 6 villains (provided that we get 2 more sets, like Fuclrum says), they wouldn't waste minifig slots on non-superhero characters. They already have a lot to unpack here.

falcon fan did say in that podcast long ago that the NWH wave could be as big as the endgame wave. I bet at the time he was referring to the spoiler sets but didn't know they'd release separate from the sets we have now. Summer 2022 could be very interesting 

Empire released 2 new promotional images for No Way Home, giving us a full look at Doc Ock. Gotta say that image of Peter and Ock has to be one of the worst looking promo shots I've ever seen, can't believe Sony/Marvel approved that :facepalm:

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Empire released 2 new promotional images for No Way Home, giving us a full look at Doc Ock. Gotta say that image of Peter and Ock has to be one of the worst looking promo shots I've ever seen, can't believe Sony/Marvel approved that :facepalm:

That literally looks like they took a random screenshot from the new trailer.

It's not bad, it's just... of all the frames from the movie, they use this one to promote the movie? Where everything is in motion? Lmao.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

They're trying to make meme templates now.

Oh my god it looks so bad, why am I cursed with being a Spiderman fan.

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yeah, that's a very disappointing image. CGI looks really bad, no shadows, aspects in motion, no real sense that anything in the shot actually exists (Cleanest road possible), no sense of weight. It's not even meme worthy, it just looks really bad. Then again, always been going into NWH with the mindset of spectacle over substance. Part of me hopes they may have edited in Ock and the Car as a misdirection as opposed to Goblin trying to gun Peter down like in Spider-man 1 - which the framing for the scene would make more sense with in my view.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I could see a situation where they have the sets simply with Tobey or Andrew labelled as 'Spider-man' as opposed to including Tom, That way kids would not be confused, It'd just be Spider-man in a new suit to them.

It'd also save the issue of trying to market the other Spider-man as different variants or anything. If Tom is included in a set with one or both of the other Spider-men then you'd either have to specify the names or have a set featuring 'Spider-man, Spider-man and Spider-man' :tongue:

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think it will look like this: Tom, Andrew and Electro with brickbuilt Sandman (~30€); Tom, Tobey, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lizard and the 6th member in a Statue of Liberty (~60€).

I doubt they would release a set where you get Tobey with both Ock and Goblin. Those villains are the ones most fans would presumably be interested in after the film has released. If you put them in the same set then people could just buy that set and get Tobey, Ock and Goblin and re-use another version of Sandman.

Would make more sense to try and shuffle the figures around:

• Andrew, Green Goblin, Electro, Brick-built Sandman
  • Tobey, Ock, Lizard, Sixth Member

That way fans of those franchises who may not have interest in other NWH stuff would need to buy both sets to collect the villains from the Raimi or Webb franchise - it'd also mean if you wanted the villains who are getting focus in marketing for NWH (Ock & Goblin/Electro) then you'd need both sets. Though it would be nice if they just included all the villains from the Raimi franchise in a single set :p

Edited by Scarilian

38 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Have there been MCU sets based on non-team up movies that didn't come with the lead character?

Civil War had the Crossbones set, which didn't come with Captain America (though CW is arguably a team up movie, it still has Captain America in the title). Other than that, hasn't happened

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Civil War had the Crossbones set, which didn't come with Captain America (though CW is arguably a team up movie, it still has Captain America in the title). Other than that, hasn't happened

TBF both Spider-man and Spider-man are in the title of the new Spider-man film, so they could probably get by even if Civil war was counted as a team up

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Perhaps Spider-man no way home, could end up being arguably a team up movie.

5 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

TBF both Spider-man and Spider-man are in the title of the new Spider-man film, so they could probably get by even if Civil war was counted as a team up

We already have a wave of every costume Tom will use in NWH (at least that we know of), so it shouldn't be impossible to give Tobey or Andrew their own set

Really hope lego rereleases Spiderwoman and Phoenix someday in an official set. I have half the mind to pay for an SDCC Phoenix but am paranoid I’ll pay so much for what will end up being a fake. I don’t think I’ll ever really believe its real lol. That said, both characters could do for dual molded legs and arms, along with side leg printing and potentially updated face prints or even alternate hair pieces. I want both of those characters in my collection so bad, similar to how Green Arrow and Shazam made their way into sets, I hope those two get adapted eventually.

also make a Lego Squirrel Girl!

The new set rumors are a little boring and repetitive honestly. Reminds me of all the 2018-2019 Spidey sets that felt useless and redundant. After the 2020 Enix Avengers wave I think I started to get carried away with what I expected to see from the comic side of this theme. No big fig Rhino is somewhat a blessing cause now there’s nothing drawing me to these sets and I get to save money yay.

Also just a random thought, I rebuilt my Deadpool Helicopter this week and still feel like it’s the best $30 set to ever come out of this theme. Kinda sucks that the only comic wave of next year has such an underwhelming roster and build line up but I guess I need to catch up on some of my other collections anyways.

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Really hope lego rereleases Spiderwoman and Phoenix someday in an official set. I have half the mind to pay for an SDCC Phoenix but am paranoid I’ll pay so much for what will end up being a fake. I don’t think I’ll ever really believe its real lol. That said, both characters could do for dual molded legs and arms, along with side leg printing and potentially updated face prints or even alternate hair pieces. I want both of those characters in my collection so bad, similar to how Green Arrow and Shazam made their way into sets, I hope those two get adapted eventually.

I know Sony's planning a Spider-Woman movie, but I'm not sure if Lego would make sets on it. Lego has made Minifigures for Amazing Spider-Man 2, but they completely skipped on sets for both Venom films. Maybe we'll get a comic Spider-Woman to coincide with the film, but I don't know.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I doubt they would release a set where you get Tobey with both Ock and Goblin. Those villains are the ones most fans would presumably be interested in after the film has released. If you put them in the same set then people could just buy that set and get Tobey, Ock and Goblin and re-use another version of Sandman.

Would make more sense to try and shuffle the figures around:

• Andrew, Green Goblin, Electro, Brick-built Sandman
  • Tobey, Ock, Lizard, Sixth Member

That way fans of those franchises who may not have interest in other NWH stuff would need to buy both sets to collect the villains from the Raimi or Webb franchise - it'd also mean if you wanted the villains who are getting focus in marketing for NWH (Ock & Goblin/Electro) then you'd need both sets. Though it would be nice if they just included all the villains from the Raimi franchise in a single set :p

Sure, but the distribution also has to make sense in context of the movie. 

For example we've seen not one, but two Electro / Sandman scenes, so it'd make sense to do this.

Also, we don't know how big the sets are, so it's kinda hard to say.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Sure, but Civil War was basically an Avengers movie with 13 different superheroes LEGO could use.

No Way Home has just 3 Spider-Men, and 2 of them have smaller roles compared to Tom.

TLBM is such a bad example tho. This not only was a LEGO-movie theme, but the 1st wave had like over 10 sets. You don't need a Batman minifigure in every single one of those sets.

I really hope whatever we get for Infinity Saga next year will include a new TWS or updated IW Falcon figure with the new CMF wings.

I could see a small Whiplash vs Iron Man racer car set, and some sort of Asgard or Bifrost builds being made for future Infinity War waves. I personally think the Collectors Museum would be a really cool build, and the inclusion of Carina would be nice to see.

That said I think the Spider waves in recent years have been redundant in character choice and I miss the Ultimate Spider days of getting Nova, Mary Jane, Power Man etc in sets. Would love to get more supporting heroes that aren’t Miles and Gwen. I think they’ve been included enough and while it may be unfortunate that the Ultimate Spidey side characters only appeared once each, it gave room for new players to come in. We’ve been on the same Miles/Gwen/Peter trope for a while. Would love to see characters like Iceman, (comic) Doctor Strange, or Namor get dropped in Spidey sets. I remember when non MCU Spidey sets excited me and a wave like that hasn’t hit since 2016. There’s been a shift (got the bugle, bridge and Hobgoblin chase, all unique concepts, 2016 and before, with the consequent years being repeated Spidey vehicles and lairs with the same cast).

And we may be getting Rhino but again he’s not a big fig. Just want to see years like 2013 and 2016 happen again. Tis al.

Completely random observation, but after watching a bunch of reviews on the Eternals sets I don't believe a single reviewer said Druig's name right. One person saying it wrong would be par for the course, but I'm talking like 5+ reviewers that all miss-pronounced a name that is essentially the word "druid" with a "g" on the end. Somehow everyone is saying it Droog or Drig or Durg or Dru-Eeg instead of Dru-Ig. I've heard names miss-pronounced before, but never so universally in so many "creative" ways.

Edited by Archer

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

That said I think the Spider waves in recent years have been redundant in character choice and I miss the Ultimate Spider days of getting Nova, Mary Jane, Power Man etc in sets. Would love to get more supporting heroes that aren’t Miles and Gwen. I think they’ve been included enough and while it may be unfortunate that the Ultimate Spidey side characters only appeared once each, it gave room for new players to come in. We’ve been on the same Miles/Gwen/Peter trope for a while. Would love to see characters like Iceman, (comic) Doctor Strange, or Namor get dropped in Spidey sets. I remember when non MCU Spidey sets excited me and a wave like that hasn’t hit since 2016. There’s been a shift (got the bugle, bridge and Hobgoblin chase, all unique concepts, 2016 and before, with the consequent years being repeated Spidey vehicles and lairs with the same cast).

And we may be getting Rhino but again he’s not a big fig. Just want to see years like 2013 and 2016 happen again. Tis al.

Gwen and Miles are surpporting characters in the Spidey and His Amazing Friends series so that’s why we’re seeing much more of them in upcoming sets. Same reason why Iron Fist, Nova, White Tiger and Power Man were in the Ultimate Spider-Man sets. 

I’m pretty pumped for any Lego incarnation of Rhino, but I agree, a big fig would’ve been much better. It makes sense why they went with the minifigure, though. I’ve watched Spidey and His Amazing Friends with my two-year-old and Rhino is about the same size as everyone else.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Not sure how many people would consider this a spoiler, as it's not about something that will be in NWH, but I'll spoiler tag it nevertheless:

Rhino won't appear in NWH, the rumours weren't true. That means that LEGO has just 5 officially revealed / teased villains to cover.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN