Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Probably being saved for inevitable Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers sets, Zemo and Walker seem very likely and they probably brought Abomination back for that very reason.

Agatha is an odd case and I haven’t heard anything about her being in either DS2 or the set...

Yeah, but why didn't they save Monica for The Marvels for example?

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Zombie Cap would like a word.

And your flesh

I wouldn't call him a villain, it's still Steve Rogers as Captain America. He's just a Zombie, which aren't evil - they just want brains or whatever, they are like animals or a force of nature.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't call him a villain, it's still Steve Rogers as Captain America. He's just a Zombie, which aren't evil - they just want brains or whatever, they are like animals or a force of nature.

Zombies are (in most things) antagonists, and therefor fulfil the villain role, so the CMF does technically have a villain in it. Also, we don’t know for certain what role Gamora will play, she could be an antagonist to start with.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because The Marvels, just like all other Marvel sets, probably has a painfully limited budget and making Monica for the CMF allows them to reuse her new head and hairmold.

48 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Zombies are (in most things) antagonists, and therefor fulfil the villain role, so the CMF does technically have a villain in it. Also, we don’t know for certain what role Gamora will play, she could be an antagonist to start with.

Sure but couldnt they at least have picked an antagonist that has over 1 minute of screentime?

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Sure but couldnt they at least have picked an antagonist that has over 1 minute of screentime?

Apparently not.

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

To be fair LEGO probably doesn't get a list of characters and how much screentime they each have :tongue:

Zombie Cap got an action figure too, they just sent him out to toy companies as "here's a figure to make" because he has a cool design. That's it.

Similar to how Zombie Spidey has the cape but he wears it for two seconds. It looks cool, that's it.

35 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

To be fair LEGO probably doesn't get a list of characters and how much screentime they each have :tongue:

11 minutes ago, doclord said:

Zombie Cap got an action figure too, they just sent him out to toy companies as "here's a figure to make" because he has a cool design. That's it.

Similar to how Zombie Spidey has the cape but he wears it for two seconds. It looks cool, that's it.

Okay to be fair he does look pretty cool.

I know a lot of people, myself included, are starting to expect a second more spoilery filled wave of sets for films (presumably in response to how the films are advertised being changed) but is that actually viable for the majority of MCU films? I feel like it might happen for Spider-man because it is a popular character/brand and the reports seem to hint towards us getting two more sets, but I'm not sure if we'd end up getting spoiler filled sets for the other MCU films.

With everything else else Lego related we might get in 2022, it just feels like it'd be too much if we start getting multiple waves for the films also :tongue:

On 9/27/2021 at 3:50 AM, ToaDraco said:

There's no way we're getting 4 sets for Thor L&T.

Thor L&T includes a lot of characters: Star Lord, Drax, Groot, Rocket, Mantis, Nebula, Kraglin, Thor, Valkyrie, Jane, Sif, Korg, Meik and Gorr - and that is only the core cast members. I'd lean towards 3 sets minimum, perhaps 4.

Would make the most sense to re-use the Korg head piece and Miek in a Thor L&T set. I could see most the Guardians showing up in set form also, if they include Drax or Nebula in one of the more expensive sets then that would pair well with the Benetar which did not include either of them. Personally I think L&T is being looked over, despite it being one of the more larger casts of characters - even if the Guardians are not in a majority of the film they'll still likely get put in the toys because they'll help sell the film.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:50 PM, doclord said:

Remember there is another big Marvel movie coming out next year as well that is not Thor or Strange.

Ah yes, 'The Marvels' :P

In regards to Black Panther 2, we don't really have a sense of what the movie is going to be beyond rumours of characters, and any sets focused around that film will likely be released in the Summer Wave. I would'nt personally expect a Black Panther 2 set in the Winter Wave which is why people are'nt really discussing that at the moment, the Winter Wave is at least somewhat near :shrug_oh_well:

18 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I know a lot of people, myself included, are starting to expect a second more spoilery filled wave of sets for films (presumably in response to how the films are advertised being changed) but is that actually viable for the majority of MCU films? I feel like it might happen for Spider-man because it is a popular character/brand and the reports seem to hint towards us getting two more sets, but I'm not sure if we'd end up getting spoiler filled sets for the other MCU films.

We definitely won't get second waves for all the other films, there's no way LEGO could make that work. I'd even doubt No Way Home would get one if it hadn't been for all the returning Raimi and Webb characters.

51 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We definitely won't get second waves for all the other films, there's no way LEGO could make that work. I'd even doubt No Way Home would get one if it hadn't been for all the returning Raimi and Webb characters.

you think their inclusions would boost the want for second sets? On TLC's part I mean

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If Raimi and Webb characters weren't returning then we wouldn't even need a 2nd wave, as Marvel wouldn't be that secretive then and they'd just reveal the villains and the builds :tongue:

Just brought all the Eternals sets and new Spider-man sets and I have to say the figures are stunning. 

The 3 new versions of Spider-Man in particular are amazing.

I wasn't sure by looking at the pictures about Dr Stange's new cape but having it in person I can say it is fantastic. Much better than his other cape.

And the 10 Eternals are beautiful.

My only complaint is with Mysterio. The blue helmet doesn't look good on him. Same as the previous versions. The dome piece from the Sesame Street set is much better for Mysterio and it works so well with him. I don't know why they don't use that dome piece instead of the blue one.

46 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

My only complaint is with Mysterio. The blue helmet doesn't look good on him. Same as the previous versions. The dome piece from the Sesame Street set is much better for Mysterio and it works so well with him. I don't know why they don't use that dome piece instead of the blue one.

The color of Mysterio's helmet on-screen doesn't exist in LEGO, it's kind of right in the middle of the satin trans-light blue and satin white versions of the piece. They had to go with one over the other and I'd personally say they picked the right one. The Sesame Street version of the helmet is very easy to get though so you can easily swap them around if you want to. 

Latest Reveal Shows Mysterio Returns in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' - Inside  the Magic Screenshot_3.jpg

Given how much Venom and Carnage LEGO does, I really hope that they would have made tie-ins for the new movie

3 hours ago, hvader said:

Given how much Venom and Carnage LEGO does, I really hope that they would have made tie-ins for the new movie

Well, all things considered, we should now see bigfig Venom sooner than later.

Imagine if we got a lego set based on the final fight in Let There Be Carnage (if you know you know). I would want Carnage to use Woody's long legs from the toy story sets 

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

I just realised the new black and red Spidey from the NWH sets has the same head as the CMF Spidey

2 hours ago, TobyAis said:

I just realised the new black and red Spidey from the NWH sets has the same head as the CMF Spidey

No, it's actually slightly different.

The one from the sets has thinner lines, and different lower silver lines under the eyes.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, it's actually slightly different.

The one from the sets has thinner lines, and different lower silver lines under the eyes.

Having both I can assure you.. there're 100% the same
If some have thinner lines or the silver is slightly different, it's just because the printing quality isn't always 100% right.. like some of my Cap heads have thicker lines and some don't and yet, same head..
IMG_20211002_13416.jpg

Edited by TobyAis

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

Having both I can assure you.. there're 100% the same
If some have thinner lines or the silver is slightly different, it's just because the printing quality isn't always 100% right.. like some of my Cap heads have thicker lines and some don't and yet, same head..

Well to be fair I also have both of them. 

I guess just one of them was printed different as a production issue, not the design process itself.

Anyone else kinda dislike those silver lines on the Far From Home black suit? Feel like gray like the boots would’ve been a better fit.

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Anyone else kinda dislike those silver lines on the Far From Home black suit? Feel like gray like the boots would’ve been a better fit.

Have to disagree, I personally really like them, it had some texture to the suit

2 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Nah, I love them. Adds more depth to the suit.