Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

But as far as a sole thread for updating figs I don’t believe so. I’d be very open to one. There’s so many good ones that people say that often get lost in this thread.

We talked about making such a thread in the past but no one has actually done it so far so I've made one myself :grin:

Hope to see some of your customs in this thread soon!

MiniSuperHeroesToday posted an upgraded Endgame Cap with Carter's arms and legs and like I thought.. I think it looks weird because the red on the torso is dark red.. not regular red
unknown.png

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Love the boxart but Arishem's box is honestly terrible. It's so empty, why didn't they just use it vertically?

Maybe that box is too flat to safely use vertically? The vertical boxes tend to be a bit deeper than that, so it might topple over on shelves :shrug_oh_well:

4 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Is it just me or Icarus hair should be darker?

A few of the hairpieces and heads are terrible but I'll accept it as they absolutely NAILED the costumes :wub_drool:

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

A few of the hairpieces and heads are terrible but I'll accept it as they absolutely NAILED the costumes :wub_drool:

Completely agree, and it's nothing a few updates can't fix

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe that box is too flat to safely use vertically? The vertical boxes tend to be a bit deeper than that, so it might topple over on shelves :shrug_oh_well:

They didn't necessarily have to use this box though. Could've just picked another one with more depth so the boxart doesn't look as empty :shrug_oh_well:

Oh my, those box arts are absolutely stunning :wub_drool: I have to agree with the Arishem one tho, looks really empty.

On a side note, I hate when they do reveals like this - some random pictures on a random website. I mean the smallest set has a flat box while others are 3D, no back pictures, and others seem to have been chosen at random.

Lego really went above and beyond for this wave. As if we weren’t impressed by the sets already, they make these beautiful boxes. I’m definitely buying the entire wave

I feel the same way that I did when these images first “leaked”. The sets and minifigs look fantastic but I’m not terribly interested in the Eternals movie itself. Like with Shang-Chi, I’m waiting to see if I really like the movie to decide if I want to get the sets.

The box art is really great for these sets though, despite the weird Arishem box shape, and I think it’s really interesting how they fit all of the characters onto it.

Edited by The Stud

14 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Love the boxart but Arishem's box is honestly terrible. It's so empty, why didn't they just use it vertically?

I agree, maybe it was cheaper. Who knows. 

but the avengers tower box would have been perfect

14 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Hahaha how many years of marvel concept art mistakes have we experienced by now?…

i see that and i think right away “oh, the concept design was clearly different”

ive already put a darker hair piece on my moc figure.

16 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

What other sets had this box size ? Hard to tell if its the thor and hulk arena clash set…

16 hours ago, TobyAis said:

I remember seeing some Eternals concept art being shared around from last year where Richard Madden's Icarus had lighter hair and was clean shaven - it seems like that was what Lego was given to work off and they were too far into the design process to change it later.

Thinking about it I do wonder if Bucky from the CMF would work for Richard Madden's natural look with his beard?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anybody think the Daily Bugle will be the first in a Modular Marvel Buildings series?  The possibilites could easily accomodate at least, an additional 5 Marvel Buildings, if not more:

• Avenger's Tower
  • Sanctum Sanctorum,
  • X Men Mansion
  • Baxter Building
  • The Triskelion
Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

I can't see the Baxter Building or X-Mansion showing up in LEGO form so long as Marvel continues to push Avengers and Spider-Man rather than X-Men and Fantastic Four (both in on-screen content and in toys/product)

I think eventually it's a possibility, once we get closer to the F4 movie and Mutants showing up in the MCU. But for now there are options for Avengers/Spiderman related modulars.

Sanctum, Avengers Tower etc.

Loving the minifigures in the Eternals wave too.

7 hours ago, steveholt said:

I think eventually it's a possibility, once we get closer to the F4 movie and Mutants showing up in the MCU. But for now there are options for Avengers/Spiderman related modulars.

Sanctum, Avengers Tower etc.

Loving the minifigures in the Eternals wave too.

I seriously hope the next modular is the Sanctum. It's probably 50-50 Avengers Tower or Sanctum, but watch them do the Asgardian or Wakandan palace instead. 

14 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I seriously hope the next modular is the Sanctum. It's probably 50-50 Avengers Tower or Sanctum, but watch them do the Asgardian or Wakandan palace instead. 

Both of those are things we've never gotten before, or anything like it for that matter, so I'd easily prefer that over another Avengers Tower or Sanctum.

4 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

I’m in for Sanctrum if it would happen one day!

6 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

It's probably 50-50 Avengers Tower or Sanctum

Either one could work for 2022. In the Sanctum's case you have it appearing in two upcoming films (No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness) so it makes sense to release a modular set while its relevant and getting plenty of on-screen exposure. Plus it avoids the issue of another skyscraper feeling repetitive so soon after the Daily Bugle.

On the other hand the Avengers is celebrating its 10th Anniversary next year and the Avengers/Stark Tower is such an iconic part of that film. Having a modular set themed around the Battle of New York seems like the perfect way to go about it.