Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Does anyone know if the Hydra Stomper set is a lego exclusive in England? I can only find it on their website.

4 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Does anyone know if the Hydra Stomper set is a lego exclusive in England? I can only find it on their website.

Yeah I think it is for now and then New Asgard is a Tesco exclusive for the UK :classic:

Just now, dockofthebay said:

Bought my Lego Marvel Magazine today - War Machine this issue, with Iron Spider (the red and gold non-MCU one) in the next issue.

The Iron Spider issue will be October right?

So do you guys think Peggy will wear her stealth suit in one of the remaining 8 episodes or did LEGO just make up this design? Personally leaning towards the latter.

3 hours ago, dockofthebay said:

Bought my Lego Marvel Magazine today - War Machine this issue, with Iron Spider (the red and gold non-MCU one) in the next issue.

Damn, I'm jealous that you guys get those magazines. I ended up Bricklinking the War Machine but it's gotta be nice to get those minifigs that are generally only found in expensive sets in relatively cheap magazines.

Side note:

Finally was able to grab the Iron Monger, Sakaarian Hulkbuster, Final Battle and New Asgard sets in the US (bought the Benatar a few weeks back through Zavvi). Nice to finally have a complete Iron Man minifigure collection once again. :grin: I think I'm going to grab the Dragon Flyer then call it good for this wave. Only bought the Great Protector set for Shang-Chi. Not going to bother with Escape from the Ten Rings set. Probably going to grab all the Spidey sets. Can't decide if any of the Eternals sets interest me besides Arishem. Going to have to see the movie before I make up my mind.

Edited by Moon_Knight

46 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Hide contents

So do you guys think Peggy will wear her stealth suit in one of the remaining 8 episodes or did LEGO just make up this design? Personally leaning towards the latter.

Spoiler

Considering Steve only got his stealth suit in the Winter Soldier movie, which is still in the future on her timeline, it was unlikely to see her in the stealth suit in the first episode because it only covered the first Captain America movie and ended at the beginning of the first Avengers movie, when she exits the Tesseract portal and meets Nick Fury. I think we will see it in one of the later episodes, because. Warning! Spoilers for the upcoming episodes ahead:

Spoiler

After episode 6 the plotlines/timelines converge more and more till the season finale and she will play a larger role again (episode 2 - 5 set up different what if characters for the Guardians of the Multiverse) . And these episodes are set in the Age of Ultron time going forward till Endgame (although without Thanos as the big bad), which means the likelihood of her stealth suit appearing there is significantly higher.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup.

At least for Germany, the official Blue Ocean website (which is the company printing and publishing the magazines) says, the next issue with Iron Spider will already be sold starting September 23rd.

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The Iron Spider issue will be October right?

If you live in Germany, it will already be available starting September 23rd https://www.blue-ocean.de/lego-marvel-avengers/produkt/detail/willkommen-bei-den-avengers

Edited by Metanoios

14 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

At least for Germany, the official Blue Ocean website (which is the company printing and publishing the magazines) says, the next issue with Iron Spider will already be sold starting September 23rd.

If you live in Germany, it will already be available starting September 23rd https://www.blue-ocean.de/lego-marvel-avengers/produkt/detail/willkommen-bei-den-avengers

I dunno about that, the German release date seems to be October 14th.

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I dunno about that, the German release date seems to be October 14th.

The Ninjago Collector is not an official source and due to him being busy with filming Lego Masters the last few weeks he probably made a mistake and didn't check the changed release schedule... I linked the official publisher's website and the date that is stated there. Promobricks is also saying September 23rd by the way (https://www.promobricks.de/lego-avengers-magazin-7/128814/ not that it is actually needed as a source because who would know it better than the publisher of the magazine in the first place).

Edited by Metanoios

1 hour ago, Metanoios said:

The Ninjago Collector is not an official source and due to him being busy with filming Lego Masters the last few weeks he probably made a mistake and didn't check the changed release schedule... I linked the official publisher's website and the date that is stated there. Promobricks is also saying September 23rd by the way (https://www.promobricks.de/lego-avengers-magazin-7/128814/ not that it is actually needed as a source because who would know it better than the publisher of the magazine in the first place).

It just seems really weird.

It's a 2-month magazine, so why would they publish the next issue just 1 month after the last?

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It just seems really weird.

It's a 2-month magazine, so why would they publish the next issue just 1 month after the last?

Let's say it sells comparably well as the Ninjago magazine, which also has a monthly issue. Then it is only logical from a business perspective to increase the frequency of releases. Marvel is expanding its franchise whereas DC is shrinking. Just look at the number of minifigs, that they can choose from the Marvel and Spiderman waves right now to include in the magazine and we will get even more at the end of the year with No way home and the Eternals.

Jurassic World (the 9th Owen gets boring really fast) and Batman (there were only a handful new DC figs in the sets this and last year and some of them like Batgirl were already in the magazine) can't support a monthly release right now, but Lego Marvel certainly could. The number of sets for Lego Marvel this year (34) exceeds the total number of Ninjago sets (26) and Batman/DC has barely 10 (including the unreleased Batman movie sets)

At a few of the places I've spoken with in the UK, the Batman / Marvel issues are treated as the same series - Lego Marvel Superheroes - alternating each month.

So the UK is due another issue in September too, only it will be Batman, not Marvel.

Do we think then that the marvel magazine might start branching into MCU stuff, or will it remain just generic comic marvel?

51 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do we think then that the marvel magazine might start branching into MCU stuff, or will it remain just generic comic marvel?

If that happens I sure hope they become available in the US

7 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The comics are based on the recent non-MCU sets really, so generic comic Marvel, definitely.

I think we'll see Black Widow and Thanos minifigs soon.

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Those magazines use whatever minifigures are avaliable in the factory. If they stop producing comicbook ones, at least for a while, they'll have to start using MCU ones.

Spoilers for first episode of Marvel’s What If...? (It relates to the LEGO merchandise)

Spoiler

The version of Captain Carter that appears in the Hydra Stomper set isn’t in the episode whatsoever. The Minifigure in the CMF is super accurate and appears all the way throughout.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Spoilers for first episode of Marvel’s What If...? (It relates to the LEGO merchandise)

Hide contents

The version of Captain Carter that appears in the Hydra Stomper set isn’t in the episode whatsoever. The Minifigure in the CMF is super accurate and appears all the way throughout.

The stealth suit was probably made-up by Lego.

We know Captain Carter will appear in more episodes tho, not to mention that she'll be a part of every future What If...? season.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The stealth suit was probably made-up by Lego.

We know Captain Carter will appear in more episodes tho, not to mention that she'll be a part of every future What If...? season.

Oh that’s wonderful news! I knew season 2 was planned and was hoping we would see more of her story.

Just built Bro Thor's New Asgard! I love the detail in the set but it's kind of smaller than I expected. Usually $20-30 Super Heroes sets are a good value but I feel like this one is overpriced. I love the Korg figure, though. 

According to Deadline Sony is considering delaying Venom: Let There Be Carnage to October 15th or January 2022. If they end up delaying it NWH will definitely follow suit.

I have been working on a better version of the hydra stomper, at about the mech scale, and I have to ask, does anyone have any ideas for the helmet? Right now I’m just considering going with the Iron Man mark one even though it’s the wrong color and doesn’t exist in studio. Is there a better piece in olive green that might go well with a sticker?