Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Since Wolverine has been teased in the minifigure packs, then that means there's a likely chance that we may get some X-Men sets. But that's just wishful thinking as of right now. I'm still hoping for GOTG sets based on the upcoming game, guess we'll just have to wait. 

Edited by EggBoi

Maybe like HP; next year for the anniversary we will get remakes of the 2012 sets which includes 2 x men sets and updated Avengers 2012 sets.

I know people are being optimistic and I don't blame them at all for wanting more X-men sets, but I think we might be over-analyzing a tiny boxart pic on the front of a plastic packet a bit too much. Next year is already going to be packed even just in terms of movies (4 with a rumored additional NWH wave), maybe shows (I fully expect to get at least 1-2 armor wars sets) and the usual yearly spider man sets, perhaps those to go with ITSV2 towards the end of the year.

With that being said, I'm still hopeful that whatever they come up with the 10th anniversary of the theme actually represents Marvel as a whole and not just Avengers 10th anniversary sets.

The Hasbro NWH products are showing up at Targets, could we possibly see the Lego sets in-store early? 

11 minutes ago, hvader said:

The Hasbro NWH products are showing up at Targets, could we possibly see the Lego sets in-store early? 

The street date for retailers is usually the same as on s@h, so unless someone asks for some serious trouble, I doubt it :tongue:

3 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Me, a european:

For you, I'd suggest MinifigureMadness. Their pre-orders aren't open yet, but you should be able to get them at a good price :classic:

6 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

For you, I'd suggest MinifigureMadness. Their pre-orders aren't open yet, but you should be able to get them at a good price :classic:

Do they only sell boxes or complete sets? No individual "open bag" minifigs?

3 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Do they only sell boxes or complete sets? No individual "open bag" minifigs?

Hmm I'm not sure, I've only seen them sell boxes and full sets as you said. Full disclosure though, I've never personally ordered from them before because shipping to the US is pricey, but I've seen a lot of people here on Eurobricks mention them so I'm pretty sure they're a good place to buy from.

5 hours ago, EggBoi said:

Since Wolverine has been teased in the minifigure packs, then that means there's a likely chance that we may get some X-Men sets.

This is a common misconception. It's just a reused banner from early Lego Marvel. It's the same reason the 2014 Carol fig appears.

8 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Hmm I'm not sure, I've only seen them sell boxes and full sets as you said. Full disclosure though, I've never personally ordered from them before because shipping to the US is pricey, but I've seen a lot of people here on Eurobricks mention them so I'm pretty sure they're a good place to buy from.

Maybe I won't need it actually.. apparently they just opened a Lego Store in my city.. I had no idea! And I'll prob get them from there if I can

i ordered a full box of the HP CMF 2 on minifiguremaddness, i definitely recommend them - i got the box of 60 for €180 with about another €10 in shipping and extra costs, which still ended up cheaper than buying the blind bags separately :thumbup: 

I'm definitely gonna use them to order the Marvel CMF

Edited by josh_a_123

11 minutes ago, josh_a_123 said:

i ordered a full box of the HP CMF 2 on minifiguremaddness, i definitely recommend them - i got the box of 60 for €180 with about another €10 in shipping and extra costs, which still ended up cheaper than buying the blind bags separately :thumbup: 

I'm definitely gonna use them to order the Marvel CMF

I mean nice!.. but also, what do you even do with 60 figs from one CMF xD
That seems like a lot dude!

5 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I mean nice!.. but also, what do you even do with 60 figs from one CMF xD
That seems like a lot dude!

it is a lot tbf:laugh_hard: but i brought a whole set as a sort of investment lmao

4 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I know people are being optimistic and I don't blame them at all for wanting more X-men sets, but I think we might be over-analyzing a tiny boxart pic on the front of a plastic packet a bit too much. Next year is already going to be packed even just in terms of movies (4 with a rumored additional NWH wave), maybe shows (I fully expect to get at least 1-2 armor wars sets) and the usual yearly spider man sets, perhaps those to go with ITSV2 towards the end of the year.

With that being said, I'm still hopeful that whatever they come up with the 10th anniversary of the theme actually represents Marvel as a whole and not just Avengers 10th anniversary sets.

Maybe they could forego Spider-Man next year in favour of X-Men.

14 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

Why on Earth would they? Spidey has always been more popular, and with NWH coming out soon plus the Spiderverse sequel on the horizon, there‘s no way they‘d favour X-Men, who currently aren‘t even remotely relevant in the public perception :laugh: That‘s like foregoing Batman for Green Lantern :tongue:

I highly doubt we‘ll see any X-Men stuff before their eventual MCU debut.

Sorry for the double post, but maybe there would be more comic-based sets if the comics were more in-sync with what the films and shows are currently doing.

Just a recent example:

Marvel Studios: „You like Doctor Strange, right? Look, he‘s featured in NWH and gets a highly-anticipated sequel soon!“

Marvel Comics: „Let‘s kill Doctor Strange right now and inevitably revive him in like two years tops“.

Is it any wonder moviegoers don‘t care about the comics and thus any tie-in merchandise based on them? :tongue:

18 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

I really hope not, can't wait to add the seventh Venom, eighth Doc Ock and fifth Carnage to my collection

(For those curious there have been a total of 8 Venoms, 8 Doc Ocks, 5 Carnages and 6 Green Goblins across the whole Marvel Super Hero range)

So if I strolled into Walmart on September 1st, and picked up the full box of Marvel figures, how much should it cost, and is there any way around it costing that much?

13 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

So if I strolled into Walmart on September 1st, and picked up the full box of Marvel figures, how much should it cost, and is there any way around it costing that much?

It would cost the price of each figure multiplied by the number of figures in the box :laugh:. I don't understand the question.

Big stores don't have a special cheaper per box price. Sometimes speciality online stores will, like people mentioned MinifigureMaddness in Europe.

57 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I really hope not, can't wait to add the seventh Venom, eighth Doc Ock and fifth Carnage to my collection

I‘m also tired of these characters, but that‘s how it is :snicker: I hope they ditch the random Spidey sets next year in favour of more NWH sets though :moar:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

So my boy Spidey be fighting zoms-zoms? Sounds awesome. I hope we get that minifigure of that blonde Nebula that was shown at the Marvel Legends What If wave. 

Or just attach a blonde hair piece on any Nebula minifig. 

I said it before and I'll said it again: I do believe we'll get one more Shang Chi set and it's the cage match. The reason why they haven't released it yet is because that set will most probably have a much bigger character than Abomination which explains why they showed him in the trailer. Who tho is anybody's guess. Some rumors say it's a mutant character like 

Spoiler

Ursa Major in Black Widow.

but take that with a grain of salt. This is similar to the time when LEGO released the Tanker Truck takedown after the Civil War movie came out back in 2016. This is all just speculation so don't take my word as fact.

If I'm wrong tho then slap me.

Edited by EggBoi