Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Wow, good news!

A great series, even if the best two were already revealed (Spidey and Falcon Cap). T'challa and Gamora are also good! But I need to emphasize how good Captain Falcon is! Throg is a bit weird, I guess I expected a smaller head.

29 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I much prefer the molded Civil War piece to the brick-built Infinity War design, so I love that LEGO found a way to split the difference and have a good-looking thin wing design that still moves.

This. I agree with you, they blended the molded approach, which looks better, with the brick built tips, which allow for movement without detracting the look. Superb! The fact the tips are slightly up make the visual better too!

I think my favorite figures here are Star Lord T’Challa, Captain America, The Vision, Gamora, and Zombie Captain America. Every figure here is incredible though. I honestly hope we get another series next year for some of the other shows.

Edited by hvader

Very good series overall. I already knew Cap and Spidey were my favorites from the leaks, but I’m really liking T’Challa and Peggy as well. I’m really not feeling Loki’s face print, but I think he’ll look perfect once I swap it out for the Ragnarok one. 

I really wish we could get a standard Captain America minifigure that looks like Zombie Cap but without… well, all the zombie stuff. 

Edited by NeutralNoodle

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better head for Sylvie? 

I could be wrong, but the cmf Tina Goldstein face is not bad for Sylvie 

Quick question;
Is T'Challa sporting a new hairpiece? At first glance, it looks different both from what we have so far and Sam Wilson's hair...

Regards,
Mitch

Just saw someone point out Monica has Maria's head. The same head that exclusive to the SDCC set. If its real, that's both an awesome detail, and good they've made it more public.

Though it is a little disappointing to know she wouldn't have an alt face with glowing eyes, but there's always Cap Marvel 2

On 4/4/2021 at 7:06 PM, Ashnflash said:

Are you calling me a leaker lol? I'm merely a news reporter here - never the source 😂

But in case anyone was curious the torsos are very easy to cook up. I'm not sure if anyone has shared my quick mockup. The torso took me 10 minutes, the arms were a little more challenging. So take it all with a grain of salt. I chose White Vision just because I had access to the torso printing. 

Lol. Told you

On 4/4/2021 at 2:34 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

I'm still convinced that the Bucky torso was real. In all the versions I've seen replicated, no one has been able to match the print to the lighting on the piece (The lighting overlays the print on the arm and sides of torso). So until we see the wave. I'm sticking by the fact it's a real leak.

Called it

1 minute ago, CF Mitch said:

Quick question;
Is T'Challa sporting a new hairpiece? At first glance, it looks different both from what we have so far and Sam Wilson's hair...

Regards,
Mitch

Definitely the Sam hair. Has that weird squareness to the bottom of it.

Just now, CF Mitch said:

Quick question;

Regards,
Mitch

Looks like a combo of Finn's hair and the Cap Falcon hair. Unless I'm crazy, and it's just the angle of the picture, it appears to go down only half his head which means it wouldn't cover a second face print. Hope I'm wrong because I'd love our first (and assuming last) Chadwick head to have more than one expression

2 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Definitely the Sam hair. Has that weird squareness to the bottom of it.

I dunno, the texture looks different and it looks like T'challa has more hair along the black of his head, not just the top... 

Regards,
Mitch

3 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Quick question;

Regards,
Mitch

Yes it’s a new piece. It’s kinda short on the back too, still hoping we get alternate face print for serious one.

The figures are beautiful! I love the little details such as T'Challa's boosters on his boots, new mold for Throg, Sam's new redwing. Amazing stuff.

Loki, Sylvie, Sam Cap, Vision and Bucky are must haves for me. I'd rather wait for whatever Monica Rambeau will be in CM2. Peggy is a maybe... What If could change my opinion.

Edited by Leggomyleggo

6 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

Anyone else notice who’s in the top right of the art on the bags? It’s only Wolverine!! Certainly very interesting!

I've seen this a few times. All the box art from this wave is reused stuff from old boxes and those comics they used to include. I wouldn't read into it at all. We didn't get any of the other comic designs included on the Endgame box art. I don't think this is new.

6 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

Anyone else notice who’s in the top right of the art on the bags? It’s only Wolverine!! Certainly very interesting!

Infinity Saga sets does have this detailing on the box, it’s all the marvel character figures even in the comic ones, look at the spiderman figure.

12 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just saw someone point out Monica has Maria's head. The same head that exclusive to the SDCC set. If its real, that's both an awesome detail, and good they've made it more public.

Though it is a little disappointing to know she wouldn't have an alt face with glowing eyes, but there's always Cap Marvel 2

Now that's a nice thing to get!

I really hope the Looney Tunes situation, where the initial boxes had 6 Road Runners and 0 Will E Coyote, does not happen in Marvel cmf complete box…

Some really cool prints.

I'm happy they give us a NORMAL alligator mold instead of a weird one with a crown. It's a CMF and now it includes at least one normal animal.

Otherwise I can just mention how cool that Sam figure is. I am not even watching the shows or movies but that figure is damn good. 2 new molds, 2 times dual molding and fantastic printing all around. And that wing mold is going to be so useful!

16 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I believe the eyebrows are slightly thinner on the new fig. Could just be them reusing the expression like they've done for other figures in the past.

I would really like to see how Redwing attaches to the new Wingpack piece

Would have been nice if they included some Panther ears in gold for Alligator Loki. Have they ever come in that colour before?

1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I would really like to see how Redwing attaches to the new Wingpack piece

Probably just a stud on the back of the neck-attachment, given the nature of the triangular piece used for Redwing. 

Overall they look amazing but wow a couple of these really got the short end of the stick. Overall quality and detail varies wildly. Bucky looks pathetic, especially next to Sam. Rhey literally pulled out all the stops on him, dual molded arms and legs, arm printing, leg and side leg printing, new hair piece, new wing piece, printed puece for Redwing, the works. Scarlet Witch looks great, tiara should've been dual molded but it's not bad, Spectral Vision looks good, needed some blue and man I wish he came with the Darkhold or a tiny ship of Theseus. Throg could've been better but is still really cool to get. Alligator Loki is really just a baby alligator. They really couldn't have been bothered to include one more piece for the horns? They could have even put a tiny hole in the head for a friends-style accessory. Even slapping a gold 1x1 modified tile with open clip on its back would have been something. Loki looks fine, Sylvie not so much, the green machete is pretty sad. Zombie Hunter Spider-man(never thought that would be a sentence I would say) looks excellent. Captain Britain looks great, way better thsn in the Hydra Stomper set, nice new hair piece and arm printing, side leg printing and dual molded legs. The rest I don't really care about. Zombie Cap is well done, Monica looks fine but I'd rather wait for her The Marvels figure as I guarantee she'll get her proper uniform in the film. I don't care at all about Starlord T'Challa but he's done well. Gamora/Thanos looks good but the weapon is pretty awful and she should have gotten shoulder armor, side leg printing would've been nice. 

Do you guys have tips on how to choose the right CMF fig, like appart from touching the bag to try and guess what's inside.. I feel like that would work for Sam or Loki but for Bucky.. not much.. It'll be harder to not confuse it with Carter or Zombie Cap

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

Do you guys have tips on how to choose the right CMF fig, like appart from touching the bag to try and guess what's inside.. I feel like that would work for Sam or Loki but for Bucky.. not much.. It'll be harder to not confuse it with Carter or Zombie Cap

The ones with capes should have a secondary bag on the inside if that helps. It will help distinguish between them a bit at least.

That Spider-Man is just built different! :drool:

Also plan for the WandaVision figures and Captain Carter. Good parts/figures overall, but just not interested in the rest.

Baby Gator is going in the Zoo though.

24 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Either find an online retailer where they sell minifigures separately, or find a local retailer where they've already identified those minifigs.