Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

"Comic fans will notice the Frog of Thunder in that jar. We actually shot a scene for the Time Theater in Ep 1 of Loki getting pummeled by Frog Thor, but had to cut it to keep things moving. It’s too bad, because Tom was funny as hell. #LokiMidnightTheater"

Well, this at least explains Throg's inclusion in the CMF. Honestly, the whole CMF series starts making more and more sense with each new information. 

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"Well, this at least explains Throg's inclusion in the CMF. Honestly, the whole CMF series starts making more and more sense with each new information. 

If that's the case, it must based on concept art. I sincerely doubt they would spend the money on finished effects and then cut the scene.

Just now, nintendude64 said:

If that's the case, it must based on concept art. I sincerely doubt they would spend the money on finished effects and then cut the scene.

It could've been filmed but not finished.

Well, we really don't know right now. Maybe one day they'll say.

Cannot be long now till the Marvel CMF series fully leaks - I say leaks as we've seen three figures now and it's unlikely Lego will reveal the series prior.

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"Comic fans will notice the Frog of Thunder in that jar. We actually shot a scene for the Time Theater in Ep 1 of Loki getting pummeled by Frog Thor, but had to cut it to keep things moving.

Feels like an excuse from those involved. Chances are they did not want to throw people off the show by going full variants from the start - which is why the variants of Loki we see in that episode are all just him with different clothes on or otherwise.

It does make sense for Throg's inclusion, though this was likely cut for other reasons. It seems to have gotten past concept art, but I doubt it was fully animated. Probably just storyboards and maybe Loki acting like he was getting beaten up in a comedic way.

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Feels like an excuse from those involved

if they needed an excuse they could just not say anything at all about it lmao

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I agree, I think that if they said they wanted things to keep moving, then they wanted them to keep moving.

Scenes like this often make the pacing worse, and they may also feel too random or inconsequential with the rest of the movie / episode. 

15 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, they lied for WandaVision and TF&TWS, so it'd be par for the course. They want to give the impression that creative decisions are made for the sake of improving the shows as opposed to aspects needing to be cut for time, budget, marketting, etc...

Anyone else just not able to find whatever new sets Lego’s talking about on their Instagram?

2 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Anyone else just not able to find whatever new sets Lego’s talking about on their Instagram?

They are talking about the new sets for summer 2021, the infinity saga stuff 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They are talking about the new sets for summer 2021, the infinity saga stuff 

Well that’s misleading advertising if I’ve ever seen it 🤨

18 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I mean, they lied for WandaVision and TF&TWS, so it'd be par for the course. They want to give the impression that creative decisions are made for the sake of improving the shows as opposed to aspects needing to be cut for time, budget, marketting, etc...

Epic tinfoil hat moment

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Don’t we normally close this thread down during a new movie release so idiots don’t spoil them?

Think it's usually for the big ones like Infinity War and Endgame

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Don’t we normally close this thread down during a new movie release so idiots don’t spoil them?

I mean if you're afraid of spoilers then don't go to Marvel-related forums until you've seen the movie.

I agree that in a perfect world, no one would spoil (I mean actually spoil) movies on Lego-related forums, but we live in a normal world. Sometimes even accidentally, because of how excited one can be, stuff gets spoiled.

You know, either the forum gets closed down and NO ONE can talk about Lego, or people who don't want spoilers don't got there and people who have seen the movie van still talk about Lego. The choice seems pretty simple to me...

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean if you're afraid of spoilers then don't go to Marvel-related forums until you've seen the movie.

I agree that in a perfect world, no one would spoil (I mean actually spoil) movies on Lego-related forums, but we live in a normal world. Sometimes even accidentally, because of how excited one can be, stuff gets spoiled.

You know, either the forum gets closed down and NO ONE can talk about Lego, or people who don't want spoilers don't got there and people who have seen the movie van still talk about Lego. The choice seems pretty simple to me...

A LEGO Marvel related forum should have nothing to do with spoilers. THAT seems pretty simple to me. And closing the thread down during big movie releases only became a necessity when people decided to be childish and selfish and discuss the movies themselves on a Lego forum right when they released. Obviously nobody has learned and so I think it is definitely still necessary 

its been stated several times LEGO talk only no tv shows no movies but some people just dont listen and the mods let them get away with it for some reason

I loved Black Widow but yeah, no one should be spoiling it here. The sets we got were good but I do wish the vehicle builds were more accurate to the actual movie. If the SDCC set had been wide released, I wouldn't have any issue with the LEGO Black Widow lineup except for the fact that we never got Melina. It feels weird to only have 3/4 of the family but luckily she's not too difficult to make a purist custom of. 

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

A LEGO Marvel related forum should have nothing to do with spoilers. THAT seems pretty simple to me. And closing the thread down during big movie releases only became a necessity when people decided to be childish and selfish and discuss the movies themselves on a Lego forum right when they released. Obviously nobody has learned and so I think it is definitely still necessary 

That's... literally what I said.

I agree that there should be no spoiler discussion on a Lego forum, seeing as there's nothing related to Lego to talk about. My point was, there's always this one person who'll randomly post a spoiler. 

Simpler - better be safe than sorry.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I loved Black Widow but yeah, no one should be spoiling it here. The sets we got were good but I do wish the vehicle builds were more accurate to the actual movie. If the SDCC set had been wide released, I wouldn't have any issue with the LEGO Black Widow lineup except for the fact that we never got Melina. It feels weird to only have 3/4 of the family but luckily she's not too difficult to make a purist custom of. 

From perspective, I am pretty disappointed with this set.

The helicopter doesn't appear in the movie. Yelena is a weak minifigure, Taskmaster too. What bugs me the most is no "parents", we could've gotten a black suit for Natasha and a white suit for Melina. Red Guardian as a SDCC exclusive also sucks.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's... literally what I said.

I agree that there should be no spoiler discussion on a Lego forum, seeing as there's nothing related to Lego to talk about. My point was, there's always this one person who'll randomly post a spoiler. 

Simpler - better be safe than sorry.

So it's either a deal with it or avoid the forum altogether? I see your point but we shouldn't have to avoid a LEGO Marvel forum just to avoid spoilers. Some people won't watch the movie until days later, in that time, lego news or leaks can pop up and it's fair to expect this can be a safe haven from spoilers. People will spoil we know, but they shouldn't do that in the first place.

15 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

So it's either a deal with it or avoid the forum altogether? I see your point but we shouldn't have to avoid a LEGO Marvel forum just to avoid spoilers. Some people won't watch the movie until days later, in that time, lego news or leaks can pop up and it's fair to expect this can be a safe haven from spoilers. People will spoil we know, but they shouldn't do that in the first place.

Look, I absolutely agree. I've said it in my previous posts - people shouldn't spoil movies this soon, especially on a Lego-related forum.

What I was referring to was someone talking about "shutting down the forum for days". It's either that, or it stays active, and people who either have seen the movie or are not afraid of spoilers can discuss sets.

Would it be perfect if we were 100% assured that no one will spoil a movie here? Sure. Can we be assured of that? No.

Kingwong posted the original croc mold with loki helmet on his page. Do you guys think it’s gonna be a large croc, I know it has been stated numerous time it’s a baby croc and it’s gonna be a new mold. But this is Kingwong posting cryptic image, he is well known having early factory stolen figs.

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Kingwong posted the original croc mold with loki helmet on his page. Do you guys think it’s gonna be a large croc, I know it has been stated numerous time it’s a baby croc and it’s gonna be a new mold. But this is Kingwong posting cryptic image, he is well known having early factory stolen figs.

It’s a baby croc, it’s not a cryptic image it’s one of the only ways alligator Loki can be made rn. I wouldn’t look into it

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s a baby croc, it’s not a cryptic image it’s one of the only ways alligator Loki can be made rn. I wouldn’t look into it

So he’s not implying that it will be the old mold with new upper part? I wonder who they did handle the crown? Removable or molded into it, if they’re planning to reuse baby croc mold in city sets.

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

So he’s not implying that it will be the old mold with new upper part?

No, in his comment he is talking about the mold he is using for the photo 

Edited by Falconfan1414

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"Comic fans will notice the Frog of Thunder in that jar. We actually shot a scene for the Time Theater in Ep 1 of Loki getting pummeled by Frog Thor, but had to cut it to keep things moving. It’s too bad, because Tom was funny as hell. #LokiMidnightTheater"

Well, this at least explains Throg's inclusion in the CMF. Honestly, the whole CMF series starts making more and more sense with each new information. 

I don't care if it's not accurate. We're going to be getting Throg in Lego form finally!

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is it just a generic baby Croc / Alligator in the CMF then? or does it have the helmet?

Edited by Brick Cucumber