Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Very unlikely. We have zero confirmed leaks and if it wasn't for our trusted informants, we wouldn't even know this thing existed. Sure, TLG has gotten better at keeping D2C sets a secret, but not THAT good :head_back:

I mean, we only had the Hulkbuster helmet for the Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition - and we may or may not have Korg from the D2C set? :shrug_oh_well: I'm still optimistic they will surprise us with a Feb 17th reveal for a March release.

11 hours ago, JaHawk2009 said:

How likely do we think the D2C is to be coming out in the next few weeks? I've got a bit of money saved for the Batwing but thinking I might hold off of there's a big marvel set coming soon

Even if it surprised us all with a reveal on the 17th Feb like the Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition, it would likely not release until March at the earliest and would still be available for a long while after that. The price is $299.99 and its expected to release 1HY, so you could take that into account, but the Marvel D2C will likely be around longer than the 1989 Batwing due to the Batwing being released last year so if you are getting both then 1989 Batwing would probably be the thing to go for first. Though obviously not seen the Marvel D2C so cannot comment on how good that is :shrug_oh_well:

14 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

On a semi-related note to MCU stuff, I guess the CMF beekeeper has been in high demand for those who are making WandaVision MOCs - I got one today but I tried swapping the heads to see how well it works as an AIM soldier/scientist:

-Snip-

Left is a black head, right is the 2020 AIM goon head, but I guess I should've tried swapping the hands as well.

Nice. I think the Left option works better for the creepy factor they went with in the show. Posted a pic of the character's face and a potential head option in the spoilers :)

Spoiler

legoheadhansolodual__82659.1530896906.jp

Beekeeper-in-WandaVision.jpg

I suppose with Batman's head leaked, we might get a leak for not only Carnage's head, but also Shang-Chi sets (all of those sets are coming in May as of now).

9 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Has anyone considered the town of New Asgard as the D2C? Then Korg would make absolute sense.

Yeah, because of all the Marvel locations, a fishing village is the most interesting choice :wacko:

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I suppose with Batman's head leaked, we might get a leak for not only Carnage's head, but also Shang-Chi sets (all of those sets are coming in May as of now).

Isn't Shang Chi April now? Or was that just the polybag?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, that's what the date was  on that one retailer. 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, and hope that Marvel doesn't delay that movie any time soon.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, and hope that Marvel doesn't delay that movie any time soon.

Yeah fingers crossed. It'll probably depend on how well Raya does with it's dual-release.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I suppose with Batman's head leaked, we might get a leak for not only Carnage's head, but also Shang-Chi sets (all of those sets are coming in May as of now)

I'm so surprised that they're doing a Carnage bust before Venom still

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Shang Chi still has a May release as of now 

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Shang Chi still has a May release as of now 

Don‘t you mean July? Black Widow is the one still scheduled for May :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

4 hours ago, JaHawk2009 said:

I'm so surprised that they're doing a Carnage bust before Venom still

I’m surprised there’s a market for these things at all. I didn’t know superhero fans were asking for cowl builds and head busts. Carnage also seems like a random character to receive one.

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I’m surprised there’s a market for these things at all. I didn’t know superhero fans were asking for cowl builds and head busts. Carnage also seems like a random character to receive one.

Well, lego did make 2 waves of Square Enix. I think Lego doesn't really know what we want for Marvel and DC

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

Well, lego did make 2 waves of Square Enix. I think Lego doesn't really know what we want for Marvel and DC

I think it might take them longer then it should but I think they do know. At least for marvel 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Unpopular opinion but the square enix sets were pretty good. I was excited to get a comic version of Rescue, Captain Marvel had an amazing new head mold, Modok was the best build we could have ever gotten for him, sure it was out of scale but the helicarrier was still nice to receive, and the hulkbuster is actually way more impressive in person. And the printing for Black Widow was perfect. Once I get Aprils hair from the Tanker truck TMNT movie set, I’ll have a comics accurate black widow. I actually think Lego has been giving Marvel fans what they want. 

the clear and obvious exception being the Spidey sets we’ve received these past few years. Not a huge fan of having Venom be the repetitive  villain, not a fan of their omission of his back tentacles in most of his figures, not a fan of the vehicles or jets they give spidey to fight venom once again.

If you disconnect the SqEnix sets from.the game, they're pretty solid sets really! Good to get a break from the MCU versions of characters, I just wish we saw some deeper variants from the comics. Like if each of the SqEnix sets had different iron man printing for example. 

There weren't any really really bad sets in the last 2 Avengers waves. Not like recent Batman waves which have been dross. 

The SE sets were decent, but the repetitive minifig selection got boring very quickly :shrug_oh_well: The builds were definitely better than the nonsensical Spider-man vehicles we keep getting :tongue:

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only good Square Enix Avengers set was Avengers Tower, and it was mostly because of the fantastic build.

You could at least appreciate the figures, no? I think the new War Machine, Modok, Captain Marvel, and Rescue really were useful contributions to the Marvel minifig gallery. 

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The SE sets were decent, but the repetitive minifig selection got boring very quickly :shrug_oh_well: The builds were definitely better than the nonsensical Spider-man vehicles we keep getting :tongue:

The bar is low :look: 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Unpopular opinion but the square enix sets were pretty good. I was excited to get a comic version of Rescue, Captain Marvel had an amazing new head mold, Modok was the best build we could have ever gotten for him, sure it was out of scale but the helicarrier was still nice to receive, and the hulkbuster is actually way more impressive in person. And the printing for Black Widow was perfect. Once I get Aprils hair from the Tanker truck TMNT movie set, I’ll have a comics accurate black widow. I actually think Lego has been giving Marvel fans what they want. 

The helicarrier is actually really good, and a great template for modification. I’m solidly on the team of “SE were good sets.”

29 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You could at least appreciate the figures, no? I think the new War Machine, Modok, Captain Marvel, and Rescue really were useful contributions to the Marvel minifig gallery.

I was talking about minfigures in the Tower set.

Just repeats, Red Skull (who we got a few times in the past) and two random Iron Man suits.

Imo the minifigures in the Avengers Tower set were rock solid. I could've done without the AIM and SE Iron Man figures but Black Widow and the 3 MCU-inspired figs (Hotrod, Blue Steel and Red Skull) were amazing!

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Am I seriously the only AFOL on planet Earth that likes the nonsensical DC/Marvel/JW vehicles?

I guess so.

22 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Am I seriously the only AFOL on planet Earth that likes the nonsensical DC/Marvel/JW vehicles?

My thing is like, why would you? Whats the appeal. This almost irks me a bit because I would assume afol’s of all people would have a higher standard for the types of builds they receive from lego. Considering how many decades of source materials from comics we have, its almost infuriating for hardcore comics fans to never receive something even slightly accurate to a preexisting storyline. 

the X-Jet actually seems to be referencing  All New All Different X-Men 98. Where Cyclops in his same costume, and Storm in hers, face off against the Sentinels. The new Wonder Woman set is a reference to a classic Wonder Woman comic. I think some of the best sets are ones that take direct inspo from Marvel/DC’s content. The useless vehicles contribute nothing to the world of Marvel or DC, don’t remind us of classic stories, and don’t typically bring refreshing character rosters. Why would I want to spend money on a build that has no practical display purpose, is not really useful for the type of world I want to flesh out for my heroes, and which comes with maybe 1 new figure at most? Its just weird someone over the age of 5 would enjoy repetitive figure selections and non applicable builds. Like idk I just want to hold Lego to a higher  standard but to each his own and i’m happy someone is challenging my loud voice of dissatisfaction. 

There is a VIP raffle on LEGO.com for the 2012 SDCC black suit Spider-Man (they are calling him "Venom") and it isn't limited to the US for once. There is no mention as to whether they are only giving away one. It is 50 points an entry, with an upper of 50 entries which I'm not a fan of because of how allowing that many entries from one person still puts people at a disadvantage for a rare figure like this.... :sceptic: I think I'll just keep saving my points for the discount vouchers.

Enter the VIP Sweepstakes for your chance to win this LEGO® Marvel Spider-Man Venom Minifigure. This collectible comes in a sealed clear case for secure display. (UKG 100% Gold). 50 points per entry. Ends 02/21.

Maximum of 50 entries per VIP Member - please see full terms and conditions for details and eligibility requirements. Sweepstakes closes 21st February 2021. Eligible countries: Canada (excluding Quebec), Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States. Please note, you are not eligible to enter from the following locations: Canada: Quebec is ineligible.

Sorry if someone has mentioned this already. It can be hard to keep up with threads for really popular themes....

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

11 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

There is a VIP raffle on LEGO.com for the 2012 SDCC black suit Spider-Man (they are calling him "Venom") and it isn't limited to the US for once. There is no mention as to whether they are only giving away one. It is 50 points an entry, with an upper of 50 entries which I'm not a fan of because of how allowing that many entries from one person still puts people at a disadvantage for a rare figure like this.... :sceptic: I think I'll just keep saving my points for the discount vouchers.

Sorry if someone has mentioned this already. It can be hard to keep up with threads for really popular themes....

If it's a small limited number of these being given out, this would be one of the worst plays LEGO have ever done! I only pray they don't torture us with the possibility at claiming the other SDCC exclusives like this