Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Out of curiosity: what are the folks who picked up 2 copies of the Bugle planning on doing with their second set?

Going to keep the second one sealed and put it up. Hopefully over the years it increases in value as its sealed.

I think the days of sets increasing in value by absurd amounts like 500% are over, thanks to people sounding off how LEGO is a better investment than gold :tongue: Now that everyone is hoarding sets, particularly ones they think will get more coveted in the future (just like the Bugle), the value will likely increase only moderately.

In my opinion, that‘s a good thing. Sets increasing in value isn’t bad per se (after all, the seller should be compensated for keeping something in good condition for extended periods of time), but it needs to be reasonable. I couldn‘t sell an old set like with a 300% markup with a good conscience :tongue:

6 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

We’ve got multiple sources confirming it with a full list of characters - the cmf will be based on Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki and What If...? 

Ok got it. I still want my Stilt-Man minifigure tho.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think the days of sets increasing in value by absurd amounts like 500% are over, thanks to people sounding off how LEGO is a better investment than gold :tongue: Now that everyone is hoarding sets, particularly ones they think will get more coveted in the future (just like the Bugle), the value will likely increase only moderately.

In my opinion, that‘s a good thing. Sets increasing in value isn’t bad per se (after all, the seller should be compensated for keeping something in good condition for extended periods of time), but it needs to be reasonable. I couldn‘t sell an old set like with a 300% markup with a good conscience :tongue:

I never said by 500% but i think as long as some figures stay exclusive it's possible to increase as time goes on. Maybe not increase by massive amounts even small amounts is good for collectors.

4 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I never said by 500% but i think as long as some figures stay exclusive it's possible to increase as time goes on. Maybe not increase by massive amounts even small amounts is good for collectors.

I bet this sset will increase in value more so than other sets because it is a D2C and I bet figures like Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, Firestar will stay exculisve to this set, atleast these variants

8 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I never said by 500% but i think as long as some figures stay exclusive it's possible to increase as time goes on.

I know, it was just an example because some people keep sets sealed in hopes for the value to skyrocket one day, which isn‘t realistic nowadays :grin:

10 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

Maybe not increase by massive amounts even small amounts is good for collectors.

That‘s the spirit :thumbup:

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Out of curiosity: what are the folks who picked up 2 copies of the Bugle planning on doing with their second set?

Also where the heck do y'all find the money to get TWO of these, and how can I obtain such riches? :grin:

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know, it was just an example because some people keep sets sealed in hopes for the value to skyrocket one day, which isn‘t realistic nowadays :grin:

That‘s the spirit :thumbup:

Your right, hoping it's going to skyrocket isn't realistic. 

30 minutes ago, mgetz said:

I bet this sset will increase in value more so than other sets because it is a D2C and I bet figures like Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, Firestar will stay exculisve to this set, atleast these variants

I can see Punisher staying exclusive at least for a while anyway.

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Also where the heck do y'all find the money to get TWO of these, and how can I obtain such riches? :grin:

hahahahaha constantly saving up lol

Edited by JediJosh

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Exactly, I mean how do people just decide "well I'm going to buy 2 same sets for $600".

I stayed up to midnight to order the bugle incase it sold out, but seeing as it's still in stock I guess that was unnecessary. I'm really excited to finally build it!

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Exactly, I mean how do people just decide "well I'm going to buy 2 same sets for $600".

I think its mainly collectors who do this. I don't think the average person is going to wake up and just randomly decide to buy 2 of the same set. I didn't just decide on the spot, I took time to carefully consider it

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Trust me, I‘ve made LEGO-related decisions that would put this to shame *stares at full gallery of Art sets* :blush:

Just speaking for myself here, but being single with lots of disposable income and not that many other hobbies certainly helps :snicker:

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Trust me, I‘ve made LEGO-related decisions that would put this to shame *stares at full gallery of Art sets* :blush:

Just speaking for myself here, but being single with lots of disposable income and not that many other hobbies certainly helps :snicker:

Well at least arts are few-in-1 type of sets, with a function to combine a few of them into one.

But what do you need 2 of the same builds for, isn't one enough? :laugh_hard:

Of course I'm kidding, whatever people like I guess.

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I ordered an extra copy online as a backup in case my store sold out and it was sold out online by the time I made it there. Not sure what I'll do with it now, either just return it or keep it as an investment. I'd love to open it and add more floors but I don't have the space for something that high, and I don't want any building in my city to be taller than my Avengers Tower.

25 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I ordered an extra copy online as a backup in case my store sold out and it was sold out online by the time I made it there. Not sure what I'll do with it now, either just return it or keep it as an investment. I'd love to open it and add more floors but I don't have the space for something that high, and I don't want any building in my city to be taller than my Avengers Tower.

Chances are you'll have to make your Avengers Tower bigger, as if the Daily Bugle is this size, the Avengers Tower that Lego eventually make is probably going to be even bigger o_o

7 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Chances are you'll have to make your Avengers Tower bigger, as if the Daily Bugle is this size, the Avengers Tower that Lego eventually make is probably going to be even bigger o_o

I'll probably swap out my modified one for the official one if LEGO ever makes an Avengers Tower this size! I never thought they'd do a modular-compatible building as tall as the Bugle, which is why I thought my 3-foot Avengers Tower would be safe. I'm excited to see how they look together, though.

I ordered one copy when i woke up this morning.  Contemplating two or more but seeing as how I haven't seen my Lego room in months except to clean up some basement flooding (and a lot of ruined D2C boxes) I think I'm good if I can find time to put together one at this point.  I will say I think I'm entering my second dark age but I couldn't pass up on this set.  This is the epitome what licensed D2C sets should be IMO.

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Haven't picked it up yet as I will get it once it lands at the local toy store, but I will be using it to form the lower levels of my Avengers tower. I get a standard 15% discount on all LEGO, so don't normally buy directly from LEGO anymore, with the Daily Bugle being an exception. I need to increase the size of the Avengers tower as I haven't MOC'ed either of mine yet, so the two ATs I have are too small. Plan is to use the DB parts for lower levels then will merge aspects from the old AT with the new one, which will sit on top of the "Metlife" building. 90% finished building the Ghostbuster's FH out of parts from my parts collection and some BL orders, and also have a small order of parts I need that I placed with DB order. Plan is to finish building Manhattan island with a bridge (update Bridge Battle set) that will go to Brooklyn/Queen's.

City is about 25% finished, but it will be a hybrid DC/Marvel city as it will contain Arkham Island (my next project is about to begin). It will include a Wayne Manor and hidden Batcave overlooking the city as well. Just finished building the last of the four Arkham Asylum sets from my spare parts collection with some missing parts ordered on BL. The new price for the first AS was too expensive considering how many new sets I want to get from the upcoming waves. Really hoping that there aren't great SDCC sets/minifigs dropping this year as that would impact what new sets I may then need to omit from my collection, but hey if LEGO doesn't want to release some minifigs generally I will give my money to scalpers at LEGO's expense if it means completing my character rosters.

7 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I've bought a double copy many times, for my favorite sets.  I don't think I can do it for the Bugle, but if I could I would.  I can't tell you why, it's a collector's thing I think ... knowing you have one sealed is comforting

Would love to do that, but just don't have the space for it :( 

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that we will see a few re-releases of sets that have gained a reasonable amount of value on the second-hand market. LEGO acquired BL for a reason, and I reckon that they will be using info such as that to see where high-value set sales are still doing well. Think that is why we are likely to see a re-release of the Tumbler later this year, if rumour has it true.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I collect the minifigs. Like keeping two copies of each character, and when I have more then I sell them. Daredevil and Punisher are my two favourite characters (Marvel and DC combined), so this was always going to be a two set purchase for me. Blade is icing on the cake. Besides, this set has great parts for building buildings, and the cab for my city is great, two is better :) 

Edited by ApocSlay

13 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

I collect the minifigs. Like keeping two copies of each character, and when I have more then I sell them. Daredevil and Punisher are my two favourite characters (Marvel and DC combined), so this was always going to be a two set purchase for me. Blade is icing on the cake. Besides, this set has great parts for building buildings, and the cab for my city is great, two is better :) 

That's kinda understandable, but wouldn't it be easier for you to just Bricklink some of the minifigs you want instead of spending $300 once again?

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Tbh, if I were wealthy enough to spend 600€ casually, I'd buy 2 and make a gigantic Daily Bugle

Edited by PGBQW

12 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Why does Wanda have pink power blasts? Does anyone know? Anyone think they know?

Because Lego made this weird choice for reasons unknown.

They also gave her two smirks, wrong colour of eyebrows, brown hair instead of ginger and no cloth piece.

I think they just decided to ruin this minfigure on purpose :cry_sad:

43 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Why does Wanda have pink power blasts? Does anyone know? Anyone think they know?

Its just LEGO´s tendency to be consistent in their Inconsistencies, since she had Pink Power blasts in the Civil War sets (which were at the time still inaccurate), like Rocket and Groot being the wrong color for several versions (until now that they have changed them). Wanda having the same brown hair, even though its gotten lighter in the movies and stuff. Black Widow having the same hair color in every MCU version (besides Infinity War). 

Some of these choices can be due to lack of an exact color of a piece, but then they change stuff out of nowhere, so, who knows.

Edited by Walter529a