Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

When it comes to the MCU, there are all kinds of people with "rumors." There are those that would be conspiracy theorists if their thing wasn't fandoms (WeGotThisCovered even gets memed). There are the logical, but passionate, speculators that try to match what little can be confirmed with existing Marvel lore. There are people with some industry knowledge, but not enough to spoil anything crucial. Then there are those who have official permission to "leak" something to help build up hype.

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Let's sum up what we know:

I mean it's pretty clear at this point what is going on with this movie...

Might want to put these things in a spoiler tag for those trying to avoid spoilers. 

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

I assume Marvel spoke to Tom Holland—he spilled the beans a few times, didn’t he?

I mean, I'm pretty sure most of those were a marketing strategy

Edited by PGBQW

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, that was obviously planed

Agreed. Slipping up one time can happen but Holland has ''spoiled'' so many things in the last few years that it's not even believable anymore.

Off topic from the Spider-Man 3 stuff but what if the $300 set is a huge infinity gauntlet with a load of the MCU characters surrounding it. 
most likely not but I’d definitely buy it

4 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Off topic from the Spider-Man 3 stuff but what if the $300 set is a huge infinity gauntlet with a load of the MCU characters surrounding it. 

Anything is honestly a possibility for the D2C so LEGO better not disappoint us and make another quinjet

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

Anything is honestly a possibility for the D2C so LEGO better not disappoint us and make another quinjet

Let’s hope not, or worse another hulkbuster. 

15 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

IF we get a gauntlet (or a ship, for that matter) I wouldn't count on getting a ton of minifigures (if the Batman D2C's are anything to go by)

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

IF we get a gauntlet (or a ship, for that matter) I wouldn't count on getting a ton of minifigures (if the Batman D2C's are anything to go by)

True but If we assume the korg figure is part of the D2C then potentially we could be getting some. Just a theory but hear me out. 

It’d have to be something with a  fairly large roster of characters as korg is a  fairly unknown (in comparison to the likes of iron man, Thor, drax etc) it’d also have to something from ragnarok till the most recent mcu property. 
The obvious answer is an endgame final battle, huge array of characters and post Thor ragnarok. But ask yourself, what would a set like that look like? The scene in endgame was huge on scale but the setting was fairly uninspired. What stuff could there be? A bunch of compound rubble? Doesn’t make for a particularly interesting play set does it? And not the most striking to put up as a display. 

however a gauntlet to celebrate the infinity saga would be an amazing display piece. To add to it a mini figure from each mcu film (korg for ragnarok) I don’t know, I’m very new to this and have no insider stuff it’s just looking at it from a fan standpoint but also with the facts we’re given. 

23 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

however a gauntlet to celebrate the infinity saga would be an amazing display piece

I'd lean towards a potential 2022 D2C being the Infinity Gauntlet as it would be the 10th Anniversary of Marvel MCU Lego and also the 10th Anniversary of the Avengers film. Seems like a perfect time to celebrate Avengers with a potential legacy wave or associated D2C.

37 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

This is true, it would be wise to lower expectations regarding figures. The Helicarrier is the only thing we can really compare in the Marvel line-up and that featured 5 figures and a bundle of nano/microfigures. That's likely the max we will get and it's much more likely that a D2C would primarily be a display set, meaning less figures.

49 minutes ago, hvader said:

Am I the only one who would be fine with a $300 Quinjet that's roughly 2 or 3 times the size of the Quinjets we have been getting so you can actually fit in the Avengers team? :p

45 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Let’s hope not, or worse another hulkbuster. 

I'd be fine on this if it was an improvement over the previous version, knee articulation and a range of new pieces would definitely help and they've clearly learned a lot about Lego mechs over the years. Worst case scenario it'd be a nice parts pack to work on and potentially fix the printed head issue of being too much of a dome. A larger scale and a higher piece count would also allow for better detailing, give them more of a way of making the concept work.

dcasim5-82a11f33-9f32-4b92-bb8f-de017708

They labelled it the 'Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition' and I remember joking about how a potential Infinity War D2C would simply be a slightly bigger version based on the Hulkbuster 2.0 (At the time remarking on an 'exploding chest/Hulk' feature)

Edited by Scarilian

Has someone brought up the idea of the set being Milano based? (If so I am sorry for not giving proper credit) I know it wouldn't make sense to release another Guardians set but I would really love another one 😅 Maybe the Milano with elements from both movies. 

12 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Has someone brought up the idea of the set being Milano based? (If so I am sorry for not giving proper credit) I know it wouldn't make sense to release another Guardians set but I would really love another one 😅 Maybe the Milano with elements from both movies. 

So some weird non-canon hybrid of the two Milanos? It’s, eh, possible? Seems unlikely though. It would just be the 2014 Milano again. 

I think it’s laughable that some of us on here think that actors don’t lie, especially when they’re under contract with Disney. Also, I wasn’t aware that anyone on here assumed it was going to be a spider-verse movie, although the rumors and speculation pinpoint it as one. As @hvader has already said, we know next to nothing about this movie and I love it. That’s why it’s my most anticipated movie of the year (if it gets released this year).

This much we do know. Tom Holland called it “the most ambitious stand-alone superhero movie ever made” and that excites me.

Edited by Moon_Knight

2 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I think it’s laughable that some of us on here think that actors don’t lie, especially when they’re under contract with Disney. Also, I wasn’t aware that anyone on here assumed it was going to be a spider-verse movie, although the rumors and speculation pinpoint it as one. As @hvader has already said, we know next to nothing about this movie and I love it. That’s why it’s my most anticipated movie of the year (if it gets released this year).

This much we do know. Tom Holland called it “the most ambitious stand-alone superhero movie ever made” and that excites me.

Tag us instead of the indirect comment lol. Pretty much everyone here has been speculating this to be a Spider-Verse movie. Most of the internet is doing the same thing 

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Might want to put these things in a spoiler tag for those trying to avoid spoilers. 

It's only just a rumour, and it doesn't even spoil more than "Tobey and Andrew appear" or "villains from the Multiverse appear".

The point is, this is not We Got This Covered - if there's a rumour like this, it doesn't need to be all true, but there's definitely a grain of truth in there.

9 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

if it is that clear then tell us the entire plot lmao. Also you said "rumored" a lot. I was referring to 100% concrete things. Once we get a trailer hopefully some things will be cleared up 

You don't understand the point - I am not telling you the whole plot.

If there are rumours like this from multiple independent sources, something like that can't just be fake.

Also, why do you suddenly doubt everything about this movie? I remember that you were the one excited the most for this movie and those sets...

I think the disagreements are pointless. It clearly seems to be headed towards Spider-Verse, and both Tobey and Andrew have a decent amount of evidence to back up appearances.

We have no idea if they will keep that under wraps (it's Sony, so probably no) or whether the multiverse characters will be featured heavily in the initial merch wave (again Sony, so probably yes).

We'll be lucky if Spidey 3 even stays in the December date considering the pandemic, so it will be a little while until any of these questions can even get answered.

As Wandavision carries on, I'm sure the Multiverse plans will become a little more clear, so let's just get along and enjoy the ride. :head_back:

12 hours ago, Donkeypunch said:

I can definitely see them doing the gauntlet, but based on similar Star Wars and DC UCS sets it would probably only include 2 minifigs and I can't imagine either of them being Korg.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

I can definitely see them doing the gauntlet, but based on similar Star Wars and DC UCS sets it would probably only include 2 minifigs and I can't imagine either of them being Korg.

Thats true but I’d say the interwoven narratives and stories of the characters in the mcu is fairly unique. The fact that all the characters from different corners of the universe come together in endgame is something that hasn’t really been done before. 
Could that perhaps mean that they add more characters to this D2C set? who knows? At the moment it’s just speculation but I’d be really disappointed if it’s a big vehicle like the dc stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Could that perhaps mean that they add more characters to this D2C set? 

Idk, I think you're reading too much into it

Since the cmf will probably be comic based figures I hope we get classic Wanda and Vision because those will also work for Wandavision.

17 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Since the cmf will probably be comic based figures I hope we get classic Wanda and Vision because those will also work for Wandavision.

Both of those would be great.

Spoiler

Along with that surprise character from tonight's episode too.

21 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Did I miss something? Where did you get that "probably" or it's just your opinion?

28 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Did I miss something? Where did you get that "probably" or it's just your opinion?

His own opinion.

But just in case: can we please not start the comic vs MCU CMF discussion again?

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

His own opinion.

But just in case: can we please not start the comic vs MCU CMF discussion again?

this is eurobricks....we argue over trivial and stupid stuff all the time lol 

Well I just based it off the fact that the dc series was largely comic based. I could see them doing a mixture of costumes from a variety of marvel medias.