Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently, the daily Bugle is somehow similar to Ghostbusters HQ:

"When you're a LEGO fan and collector and want a great big building, you immediately think of sets like the Ghostbusters headquarters (75827) and that's exactly the gaping hole that the new LEGO Marvel Superheroes set 76178 Spiderman's Daily Bugle hits".

11 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

So then if true:

Confirmed: 14 of 14+: Civilians (3): Peter Parker, J.J.Jameson, Betty Brant + Villains (6): Venom, Carnage, Black Cat, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, + Heroes (5): Spider-Man, Punisher, Daredevil, Spider-Woman, Spider Gwen
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: No Big Figs included, 'No more New Villains' 

When was Betty Brant confirmed?

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

Yay another Carnage... But 3772 pieces for $300 is a huge win

Assembly Square Modular was $280 for 4002 pieces and 9 minifigs. So $20 more for 5+ more minifigs and 230 less pieces makes it a better deal for Marvel fans Id say. A huge win like you say.

22 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

So then if true:

Confirmed: 14 of 14+: Civilians (3): Peter Parker, J.J.Jameson, Betty Brant + Villains (6): Venom, Carnage, Black Cat, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, + Heroes (5): Spider-Man, Punisher, Daredevil, Spider-Woman, Spider Gwen
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: No Big Figs included, 'No more New Villains' 

Hopefully Spider-woman and Spider-Gwen are indeed two different figures. I have no reason to believe otherwise, it just seems like one of those things where we all get our hopes up for Jessica Drew and it ends up being Gwen Stacy :grin:

Also no mention of that second building. 4 days til we (supposedly) find out the truth of the matter. 

One of the lifestyle pictures for the Final Battle shows Luis' van with the roof partially removed, there's actually quite a bit of empty room to put figures in :excited:

Is there any shooting / play functions for the Benetar? I know it's role is just flying around, but I would think there would be some shooting function incorporated but it doesn't seem so. 

Still very interested in picking this up and the Bugle!

Slightly off-topic but the new speed racers 1970's Dodge Challenger can double as Hawkeyes car from the series! It needs to be modded to have a different colour tho.

27 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

One of the lifestyle pictures for the Final Battle shows Luis' van with the roof partially removed, there's actually quite a bit of empty room to put figures in :excited:

But is there a rat?

Alright question for you all since I don’t follow this thread closely... where’s the list of the upcoming sets that don’t have pictures yet? Or can someone relay the list to me? A couple people mentioned a small set with rocket, now there’s a daily bugle too? The Star Wars forum has a seperate thread for that sort of stuff but you don’t have that here :/ 

Alright, I'm curious what the thoughts here are. Do we think Daredevil will be designed like black panther, his mask painted on his head and the horns atop his head, or are we leaning towards a molded piece, something like Cap's helmet for for the mask and a full Matt Murdock faceprint underneath? Personally I it just depends how many new molds Lego might make for the set as a whole. Daredevil so far is the only confirmed character that we are getting that hasn't been made before in any form (excluding punisher, but we already know he doesn't have new molds), so a new mold could be in order. Honestly might just depend on whether there are any future plans to make daredevils in other sets. I don't have my hopes high, but I don't see it as completely unlikely either. Though Lego might just be lazy - this is marvel after all.

2 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

Alright, I'm curious what the thoughts here are. Do we think Daredevil will be designed like black panther, his mask painted on his head and the horns atop his head, or are we leaning towards a molded piece, something like Cap's helmet for for the mask and a full Matt Murdock faceprint underneath? Personally I it just depends how many new molds Lego might make for the set as a whole. Daredevil so far is the only confirmed character that we are getting that hasn't been made before in any form (excluding punisher, but we already know he doesn't have new molds), so a new mold could be in order. Honestly might just depend on whether there are any future plans to make daredevils in other sets. I don't have my hopes high, but I don't see it as completely unlikely either. Though Lego might just be lazy - this is marvel after all.

We've been told it's very close to the one from Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (the video game) so probably the black panther ears.

Personally I think the ears look pretty good, but I'd still love a new mold.

Edited by HatBricks

11 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

But is there a rat?

Alright question for you all since I don’t follow this thread closely... where’s the list of the upcoming sets that don’t have pictures yet? Or can someone relay the list to me? A couple people mentioned a small set with rocket, now there’s a daily bugle too? The Star Wars forum has a seperate thread for that sort of stuff but you don’t have that here :/ 

Thor new Asgard House: Korg, Meek and Fat Thor

Sanctuary ll: Captain Marvel, Minifig Thanos

The leak page mentions a facade of the bugle, but for that many pieces it not having a back would be silly. Has anyone heard if it’s fully enclosed?

The Insta leakers are running wild with this new Bugle stuff. But I noticed some things that none of us have talked about here.. 

Fulcrum seems to think it will look like the Flatiron building with no back. And someone else said 25 figures. Where's that number come from? 

Edit: Hah, beaten to it, kind of. 

Edited by SEmrys

52 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.24.00 PM

Very spacious!

I thought it'd be much tighter.

2 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

The Insta leakers are running wild with this new Bugle stuff. But I noticed some things that none of us have talked about here.. 

Fulcrum seems to think it will look like the Flatiron building with no back. And someone else said 25 figures. Where's that number come from? 

No idea regarding Fulcrum, they usually have good info. The 25 figures was from an account that I wasn't farmilar with. They don't seem like a troll account, but they didn't look like a regular leaker either. I would love to get 25 figures, but I wouldn't hold your breath for that just yet.

If 25 is anywhere close for the minifigure count, I'm starting to think of mos eisley cantina. If we get the Marvel version of that I'd be pretty thrilled.

Edited by Childe_Roland
Spelling

On the topic of the infinity saga sets, idk if anyone has mentioned it here but this "Infinity Saga" line is much bigger than LEGO. The action figure packaging has the exact same logo. They are releasing figures from different movies. I'm thinking that this Infinity saga campaign is going to be long running past 2021 and through different toy companies. I initially thought it was this year only for LEGO but it's bigger than that. If that is the case than we can expect 8 more sets next year! :oh: not including sets made for the new films.

Edited by Leggomyleggo

The more I look at Groot's face the weirder it is. Idk what about it buts its just kinda off, it will probably look better in person. Also, does he use mid legs? Can't tell.

3 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

On the topic of the infinity saga sets, idk if anyone has mentioned it here but this "Infinity Saga" line is much bigger than LEGO. The action figure packaging has the exact same logo. They are releasing figures from different movies. I'm thinking that this Infinity saga campaign is going to be long running past 2021 and through different toy companies. I initially thought it was this year only for LEGO but it's bigger than that. If that is the case than we can expect 8 more sets next year! :oh: not including sets made for the new films.

It'll be interesting to see how long those other companies plan this wave for. Might give us indication of how long Lego plans to produce Infinity Saga sets for

10 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

No idea regarding Fulcrum, they usually have good info. The 25 figures was from an account that I wasn't farmilar with. They don't seem like a troll account, but they didn't look like a regular leaker either. I would love to get 25 figures, but I wouldn't hold your breath for that just yet.

If 25 is anywhere close for the minifigure count, I'm starting to think of mos eisley cantina. If we get the Marvel version of that I'd be pretty thrilled.

Yeah, it just seemed like it came out of left field. Would be awesome if true though, and would be enough to sate everyone - enough room for plenty of heroes, villains AND civilians. 

6 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I think it might have been mentioned a while back but I don't think it was very prominent in the discussion. If it does continue I hope to see some Thor sets, there are some great designs in those films, regardless of the overall quality. 

2 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It'll be interesting to see how long those other companies plan this wave for. Might give us indication of how long Lego plans to produce Infinity Saga sets for

My thoughts exactly. I mean it really can't be an Infinity saga collection if they don't cover all the films at least once.

Hopeful predictions for next year

Iron Man 2

Thor 1 or 2

Cap WS

Avengers 1 (doesn't hurt to retread, they did it with Endgame)

Maybe they'll release some Disney+ sets under the Infinity Saga collection?

Falcon Fan posted to their story saying the Bugle won't be the Flatiron building design others have said.  As much as that shape would have been cool, I'm all for something different if it means it will have four walls (via the modular style). Seems to be a lot of conflicting info on Instagram, but we hopefully don't have too long to wait before we'll get to see the actual thing.

26 minutes ago, doclord said:

The leak page mentions a facade of the bugle, but for that many pieces it not having a back would be silly. Has anyone heard if it’s fully enclosed?

They compared it to the Ghostbusters HQ, which was fully enclosed. The use of "facade" was probably just fanciful marketing.

Let's be fair, I really hope I'm right.

Just now, Stonks Market said:

They compared it to the Ghostbusters HQ, which was fully enclosed. The use of "facade" was probably just fanciful marketing.

Let's be fair, I really hope I'm right.

Or the facade in the description refers to the facade of the building (the face) and not the "facade-style" LEGO building term we use.