Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I thought I would only buy the EFB and Iron Monger.. but know I'm also tempted by Sanctuary 2 and the Benatar.. I'll buy the whole wave at this rate

I will buy only EFB and Iron Monger, but I am VERY tempted by the Benatar.

I'm trying to sell my Silent Mary, and the moment I do it, I'll immediately buy Benatar. What an incredible set.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I will buy only EFB and Iron Monger, but I am VERY tempted by the Benatar.

I'm trying to sell my Silent Mary, and the moment I do it, I'll immediately buy Benatar. What an incredible set.

Damn.. I hope you get a fantastic price for it

I'm very tempted but I also have the previous Benatar and.. 150€ isn't exactly cheap xD

Just ordered the Cap vs Hydra, Dragon Flyer, Iron Monger, Final Battle and Benatar sets with some fantastic discounts :excited:

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Just ordered the Cap vs Hydra, Dragon Flyer, Iron Monger, Final Battle and Benatar sets with some fantastic discounts :excited:

Hmm, where?

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Local store.

oh damn..

Guess I'll wait until the first to order EFB and Iron Monger and wait for a discount or something to get the Benatar.. maybe

Discounts were fantastic so I preordered immediately:

Hydra vs Cap - €7.25 instead of €10
Dragon Flyer - €14.25 instead of €20
Iron Monger - €33 instead of €45
Final Battle - €76.50 instead of €100
Benatar - €118.50 instead of €150

Store is HetDeenseSteentje but they only ship within the Netherlands and Belgium.

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

hey only ship within the Netherlands and Belgium

FFS.. I'm in France.. those effing belgians, I'll get them on day.. ONE DAY!!

The only place it seems that I can get the sets on would be amazon, at least preorder them but the EFB is 137€ and Iron Monger 45€.. ffs Amazon..

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Store is HetDeenseSteentje but they only ship within the Netherlands and Belgium.

Definitely a sweet deal. Congrats

Well actually nevermind.. I just preordered Iron Monger for 38€

I also just realised but the price/pieces are pretty good this time!
Iron Monger - 479p for 40€
Dragon Flyer - 202p for 20€
Benatar - 1901p for 150€
There's just the EFB that seems outrageous because it's 527p for 90€

Edited by TobyAis

Can Lego spread out the goodness??? I'm already getting Ninjago City Gardens, all of the Harry Potter wave aside from Fawkes and the Buildable figures, some of the yet to be revealed Star Wars sets, Daily bugle, and now I have to spend my money on the endgame final battle and benetar because I'm in love. I don't know what's more important. My families health or me buying these LEGO sets/s. Can Lego sprinkle good sets throughout the years instead of throwing them all on me at once???

oh wow. The benatar interior is terrible. How they didnt make a pod is beyond me! They would just need a scaled up mechanism like the AOU quinjet. Heck they even used the parts that you would use FOR such doors l. Such a shame for a 2x8 of standing space. The stands and external is amazing but really dropped the ball imo! 

25 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Can Lego sprinkle good sets throughout the years instead of throwing them all on me at once???

I mean... nobody's forcing you to buy the sets immediately. It's not hard to spread out purchases according to your budget :shrug_oh_well:

24 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

How they didnt make a pod is beyond me! 

I think you're underestimating how large the pod would be to accompany a few figures, which would then affect the size of the Benatar as well. There's no way they could've integrated the pod at this $150 pricepoint unless they downscaled it by a lot.

30 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

oh wow. The benatar interior is terrible. How they didnt make a pod is beyond me! They would just need a scaled up mechanism like the AOU quinjet. Heck they even used the parts that you would use FOR such doors l. Such a shame for a 2x8 of standing space. The stands and external is amazing but really dropped the ball imo! 

Yeah same thoughts, I mean the space is basically the same with far more detailing which consist more pieces. 

External look is above an beyond than before but the fact that it is about the same size really disappoints me, I cannot wait til someone make a MOC combining the pod and this one. Would be so interesting.

19 hours ago, Bricknee said:

The new Benatar makes the 2018 one look like a 4+ set.

^^Agreed.  I'm not even a Marvel collector, first post in this section - but damn that Benatar!  Day One purchase.

...and 'The Dude' finally gets Minifig status.  Good for Bridges - I loved his Obadiah portrayal.

I for one, don't like the Benathar. Like I'm glad you guys love it, but I'm happy with the 2018 one.

14 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Simpsons Joke

VAvZ9.jpg

You got me, mate

I'm, Idk, in between on the Benatar? It's absolutely gorgeously designed, it'll be as much a decorating statement piece as any of the DC Burton Bat-vehicles and I hope both it and the Bugle (knock on wood on it being a gorgeously designed statement piece, you never know :laugh_hard:) sell well enough so that we can get sets that are more detailed "models" leaning towards that ill defined +18 market Lego's trying to entice (MODULAR SANCTUM FOR MoM PLEASE). Would have gotten it too, once upon a time, when I still had shelf space. :laugh: 

But... I'm kinda fine with the IW playset with the pod attached, I think it's more than serviceable. Got it for Thanos, gauntlet and stone originally but it actually surprised me how... Good it looks and, unlike the new one, it fits depth-wise in my little bookshelf Lego city. Had it been released in conjunction with GotG3 down the line and included the whole team (or at least the ones I'm missing; them Drax and Mantis Bricklink prices :cry_sad:) then it would've been a possible purchase. But I'll most likely pass on it.

That's just me in my shoes letting rationally take control of the wallet for once though, doesn't change the fact that I think it's one of the greatest designed Marvel sets (display wise externally at least) we've had in a while. :head_back:

These official pictures have changed my mind; the Benatar is now my favourite set of the wave, they've smashed it

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

where did you order them?

1 minute ago, TOTDForever said:

where did you order them?

Local store:

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Regarding the Benetar:
It's an improvement over the previous version (which should be expected given the price), but the actual size of the interior and the core build seems to be very similar to the previous version. The appeal for me was that we'd be able to have enough interior room to actually display the characters inside the ship, but this is more akin to just adding a bunch of smooth pieces and a tail to make a basic display model, it's just enough room for them to sit or stand inside but nothing else. You cannot replicate any of the scenes of characters interacting or anything inside the ship - so it's effectively reliant on how the exterior looks. The exterior does look good, but I've no interest in buying a set for that price that I'd then need to modify extensively to get to be what it should be - as it'd require redesigning the middle of the ship and as mentioned prior I prefer the Milano over the Benetar. Feels like a pass from me, perhaps I'll wind up getting the Daily Bugle after all as a lot of this wave is missing on the aspects that I hoped they would fix.

I already linked this once, but someone made a UCS Milano with around 1,500 pieces and that had a bigger interior, handled the cockpit better and generally feels better built than what the Benetar has wound up getting and still managed to accomplish smoothness for a lot of the build.

It's the same as with the UCS Falcon. The goal was a proper exterior and as bonus there is some small greebeling section to sit/stand a figure within. It's just done for display that's all.

almost 2000 pieces for 150 bucks seems like the best deal for a marvel set ever. Even the minifigures are slightly less insulting than usually.

15 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Also pretty sure that Captain Marvel torso is misaligned. I'm 100% calling this as a fake leak.

Turns out it was fake! Props for being the only one in here to recognize it :laugh:

43 minutes ago, Scarilian said:I already linked this once, but someone made a UCS Milano with around 1,500 pieces and that had a bigger interior, handled the cockpit better and generally feels better built than what the Benetar has wound up getting and still managed to accomplish smoothness for a lot of the build.

This latest set is a great set of a design I don’t prefer, so I appreciate the link!

Edited by Umbrage82