Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Slave2Leia said:

I’m surprised by how much discussion the face print on the Scarlet Witch minifig is gotten and I haven’t seen anyone mention that she’s missing her tiara.  I’m really disappointed that she’s not getting a new hairpiece with the tiara.  
The face prints rarely bother me, having a correct hairpiece has more effect on the the minifigure looking correct IMO.  
The one that bugs me the most is the Bespin Princess Leia, the hair isn’t even close to correct.  

Are you serious? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slave2Leia said:

I’m surprised by how much discussion the face print on the Scarlet Witch minifig is gotten and I haven’t seen anyone mention that she’s missing her tiara.  I’m really disappointed that she’s not getting a new hairpiece with the tiara.  
The face prints rarely bother me, having a correct hairpiece has more effect on the the minifigure looking correct IMO.  
The one that bugs me the most is the Bespin Princess Leia, the hair isn’t even close to correct.  

This is the Endgame version, not the WV one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to sound rude but, this is Endgame minifigure we are talking about. I mean there was no tiara. 

3 minutes ago, hamton52 said:

Loving the new Wanda minifigure!

 

For some reason Fulcrum is saying on Instagram that they don’t think we’ll get that hairpiece for Wanda in the set. Any idea if they’re just speculating or if they might know something?

It's possible but highly unlikely. Leaks like this came from a massive pile of minifigures currently being made into production. So imagine them getting and being assembled based on the run. 

To me, I believe it is indeed the hairpiece. I'm more positive we get a cloth material (because of it being manufactured in another way) than being the hairpiece totally different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Are you serious? 

 

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

This is the Endgame version, not the WV one

I hadn’t even looked at the torso to see what costume it was, I saw Wanda and just thought WandaVision since we’re supposed to get her in the CMF.  I was so annoyed by the lack of the tiara that it was all that I saw...or didn’t see.  Lol.  
 

I’ve edited my comment since it was not the correct minifigure but I still feel the hair is more important to the look than the face print.  They don’t have a nose so they’re never going to look like the actor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slave2Leia said:

They don’t have a nose so they’re never going to look like the actor.

unknown.png
I'm sorry.. what was that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

unknown.png
I'm sorry.. what was that?

Oooga shaka oooga oooga. I can't stop this feeling... deep inside of me~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Slave2Leia said:

I’ve edited my comment since it was not the correct minifigure but I still feel the hair is more important to the look than the face print.  They don’t have a nose so they’re never going to look like the actor.  

Very few minifigures have noses and there are still tons of heads that perfectly resemble a specific actor or actress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oooga shaka oooga oooga. I can't stop this feeling... deep inside of me~

Girl you just don't realise... what you do to me~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

unknown.png
I'm sorry.. what was that?

It gives the impression of the character but doesn’t look like the actor.  If you want to see a toy that look like an actor go look at a recent Marvel Legends or better yet a Hot Toys.  
in fact LEGO and MiniMates do not have to pay actor likeness rights because they are not seen as true likenesses, they’re seen as a caricature because they lack a nose.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Girl you just don't realise... what you do to me~

🎶When you hold me, in your arms so tight...

You let me know, everything's alright🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

🎶When you hold me, in your arms so tight...

You let me know, everything's alright🎶

I reckon we could just sing the entire soundtrack of both GotG by the time we get sets pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

So according to a listing for the Final Battle set (no pics) we may be looking at a 100 euro pricetag :ugh:

 

3 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Impossible, it was $70 and generally it's a bit more expensive in € but not 30€ more expensive

I reckon it'll be around 80-85€

The euro price has been already confirmed, it's 90€. At least the most common one (known as German), as I have no idea how euro prices vary in other countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is entirely speculation, but I wonder if the sets will be revealed via Marvel Must Haves during the fallow period over the next week / few weeks? If Marvel had some sort of exclusivity over the reveal, that might explain why set pics haven't leaked with the others? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

This is entirely speculation, but I wonder if the sets will be revealed via Marvel Must Haves during the fallow period over the next week / few weeks? If Marvel had some sort of exclusivity over the reveal, that might explain why set pics haven't leaked with the others? 

May 3rd. Before May the 4th Starwars. Sign me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say it - I think the new Wanda minfig is awful. I just hate it.

Torso is cool, but it needs a cloth piece to make it look really good.

Face is good in itself, but it doesn't work at all for Wanda - facial expressions and eyebrow colour are absolutely awful.

I thought that the hair colour wasn't a problem, but it looks awful on that minfigure - especially with the light eyebrows and how it doesn't contrast enough with her torso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I have to say it - I think the new Wanda minfig is awful. I just hate it.

Torso is cool, but it needs a cloth piece to make it look really good.

Face is good in itself, but it doesn't work at all for Wanda - facial expressions and eyebrow colour are absolutely awful.

I thought that the hair colour wasn't a problem, but it looks awful on that minfigure - especially with the light eyebrows and how it doesn't contrast enough with her torso.

Yeah.. I agree, more or less.. but luckily this is Lego and you can custom minifigs with other parts ^^

Sidenote: I really think the hair was supposed to be medium nougat or something, because the eyebrows are way too bright in comparison with the reddish brown hair.. and it wouldn't have this problem with medium nougat hair (imo)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Yeah.. I agree, more or less.. but luckily this is Lego and you can custom minifigs with other parts ^^

Sidenote: I really think the hair was supposed to be medium nougat or something, because the eyebrows are way too bright in comparison with the reddish brown hair.. and it wouldn't have this problem with medium nougat hair (imo)

Correct me if I'm wrong that hair isn't an existing part right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It seems the longer we go without set images the longer people’s opinions sour. We need this set pics soon

It doesn't matter how sour people get, they'll swing right around when the set pics finally come out. Unless of course the sets are as disappointing as the minifigures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong that hair isn't an existing part right?

Hermione's hair? Yeah, it doesn't exist in medium nougat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Any idea what is up with the Shang Chi sets, as far as I can tell the UK/EU has not released them yet :look:

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Are people really expecting excellent builds? IMO, the only set that should be very interesting is Benatar, maybe New Asgard Thor's house. 

I think the Benetar, Infinity Gauntlet, potentially the Iron Monger and What If Disney+ 'Mech' set are all going to be riding on the builds, other than the Infinity Gauntlet set they all have potential for one or two good figures but that's not really going to sell people on the set when other options are available to get the same figures OR the sets have come out so late (compared to the release date of the movie) that people already own knock-offs or made do with customs.

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It seems the longer we go without set images the longer people’s opinions sour. We need this set pics soon

Makes sense, the longer we go without the set images, the more we see leaks that seem to be implying most will just be getting a new torso - at this stage I'm leaning to us getting one awesome full printed figure per set (Shuri, Iron Man Mark 3, Thanos Big Fig, Korg OR Fat Thor, Captain Marvel, etc...)

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It doesn't matter how sour people get, they'll swing right around when the set pics finally come out. Unless of course the sets are as disappointing as the minifigures.

Perhaps, though most the figures are getting revealed by leaks - so not much to sway people on some sets other than the builds. I feel the Final Battle set is riding on Thanos at this point while the Benetar is entirely riding on the build.

Edited by Scarilian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey, folks! I'm back after a while.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

May 3rd. Before May the 4th Starwars. Sign me up.

Sounds like a very strong possibility, in Marvel Must Haves.

 

49 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I feel the Final Battle set is riding on Thanos at this point while the Benetar is entirely riding on the build.

Benatar was already a great set before, I'm sure it will be a greater build now, at a greater price point. Regarding the final battle, I have one tiny expectation (which will probably be lead to dissapointment): they give Iron Man Mk85 dual molded legs (gold/dark red). It would give a way more consistent look between the arms and the legs.

 

On a general note, I believe the best thing about this wave is not the minifigures designs (which follow the LEGO Marvel standards of always), but the fact that LEGO gave us a wave based on old films, fillings several gaps of the past. I even questioned before why LEGO released generic mechs instead of existing mechs (like SP//dr and Leopardon), and in this wave LEGO is giving us Dragon Flyer and Sanctuary II, two existing ship designs, instead of generic fighters! I see this as an absolute win!

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the disappointment, but remember to consider these figs through the lense of the last 3 years of Lego Marvel.

The bland, unnecessary, repetitive Square Enix figures? Those were awful.

None of these figs are awful, even though some aspects are quite mediocre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ralph Bohner said:

I understand the disappointment, but remember to consider these figs through the lense of the last 3 years of Lego Marvel.

The bland, unnecessary, repetitive Square Enix figures? Those were awful.

None of these figs are awful, even though some aspects are quite mediocre.

100% agree. I’ll have these over Square Enix any day. I’m just happy that they decided to do another MCU wave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hvader said:

100% agree. I’ll have these over Square Enix any day. I’m just happy that they decided to do another MCU wave

The only Square Enix character I liked was Black Panther. I like the simplicity and comiciness of the character compared to the MCU versions. Just looked better imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.