Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, cosmic said:

What does TIS stand for?

When did we get news of no more new villains? That’s a bummer, I was still hoping for a Shocker. Betty Brant has a pretty stale comic design hearing her being rumored has me wondering if she may appear in an MCU set? Maybe this was hinting at her release in general and not a particular reference to the Daily Bugle. Do we have confirmation of the figure lineup for the new Spiderman sets? I feel she’s make more sense there as her MCU role is bigger and more recognizable than any comic design or story she’s ever had.

I know its unlikely but I’d love to see this new Mysterio finally get leg printing and his yellow shoes this time around. Hope Spiderwoman at least has the same amount of print as her original 2013 release (but naturally hoping they include dual molded legs with the leg printing this time). 
 EDIT: would also love to see side leg printing this time around but apparently shouldn’t have standards for these things.

So we have at least 3 missing figures. My money’s on a few reporters and maybe even a security guard. I think we’ve heard the end of our named characters. Maybe Mary Jane is included but I reckon the last few figs are civilians considering we aren’t getting new villains (but I’d love for that to be wrong because Black Cat is an anti hero at best and I’d have loved at least one real villain to be newly introduced here).  Naturally these civilians are probably generic reporters if anything nods to named reporters from the daily bugle’s comic history. My only real complaint is, assuming we truly won’t get new villains, Venom had been swapped for say Hydro Man. A bit of a stretch to see him as a sinister 6 member but at least it’d be an easy to print and exciting to build new villain. It’d be strange seeing any new heroes considering the villain roster of the set but I guess I am still open to receiving Elektra lol.

Robbie wouldn’t be a generic reporter. He’s like the second most important man of the Bugle. 
anyway it sounds a bit like a strange mix of heroes and villains to me in the D2C. I wish they had chosen more like it was a story. So punisher and DD and spidey vs gangsters, or JJJ with all kind of Spiderslayers and villains related to him. 
Now i just temper my expectations and wait paitiently for the day that pics will be shown

I'd expect at least three more villains so we can get a 'Sinister Six' line-up which was teased, though admittedly Black Cat was classed as a member of the Sinister Six for 'Marvel Universe Live!'.

• Doctor Octopus to be included in the Sinister Six and because he's a popular character.
  • Vulture would work well to emphasise the height of the build and could be portrayed flying around it.
  • Kraven would work well as he's previously only appeared in a single expensive set.
10 minutes ago, Borex said:

anyway it sounds a bit like a strange mix of heroes and villains to me in the D2C.

At this stage I hope 14 is not the total figures... I would not say the figures so far are unwanted, but I'd have preferred characters more relevant to the setting of the build...

Why even bother with the Daily Bugle as the building? At this stage we'll wind up with a $299.99 Daily Bugle build (and side build) and only have Peter, J.J.Jameson and Betty Brant to actually display inside it for a 'day at the office' scenario. Give us Robbie Robertson for another staff member and Eddie Brock so he can turn into Venom and be a rival reporter at the Daily Bugle so we can recreate this scene of casual Daily Bugle life.

34 minutes ago, cosmic said:

When did we get news of no more new villains?

I think it came from Falcon1414, not too sure honestly :shrug_oh_well:

34 minutes ago, cosmic said:

So we have at least 3 missing figures.

This is the important part, Bohner said '14+' so perhaps 14 is not the max... though we should still generally expect 14, but just be aware we may wind up with more.

36 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd expect at least three more villains so we can get a 'Sinister Six' line-up which was teased, though admittedly Black Cat was classed as a member of the Sinister Six for 'Marvel Universe Live!'.

• Doctor Octopus to be included in the Sinister Six and because he's a popular character.
  • Vulture would work well to emphasise the height of the build and could be portrayed flying around it.
  • Kraven would work well as he's previously only appeared in a single expensive set.

At this stage I hope 14 is not the total figures... I would not say the figures so far are unwanted, but I'd have preferred characters more relevant to the setting of the build...

Why even bother with the Daily Bugle as the building? At this stage we'll wind up with a $299.99 Daily Bugle build (and side build) and only have Peter, J.J.Jameson and Betty Brant to actually display inside it for a 'day at the office' scenario. Give us Robbie Robertson for another staff member and Eddie Brock so he can turn into Venom and be a rival reporter at the Daily Bugle so we can recreate this scene of casual Daily Bugle life.

I think it came from Falcon1414, not too sure honestly :shrug_oh_well:

This is the important part, Bohner said '14+' so perhaps 14 is not the max... though we should still generally expect 14, but just be aware we may wind up with more.

The more the merrier. I’d love at least 3 generic reporters with maybe another 3 being direct references to specific journalist characters. Mary Jane and Eddie Brock would be nice. As for heroes, I’m open to Elektra, Moon Knight (considering he won’t be in the cmf series) Cloak/Dagger or even Squirrel Girl. As for villains, I’d love for comic versions of Hydro Man and Molten Man. Silver Surfer has a long history in NYC but would make more sense in a comic version of the Sanctum Sanctorum (hope to see it)

Also until someone confirms where we heard “no more new villains” from someone credible I will cross my fingers for Hydro Man. Also Black Cat and Punisher I’d say were solid interpretations of the characters even if design choices like the covered chest skin and smirky face felt odd. Hopefully Spiderwoman receives appropriate printing considering her OG release acknowledged the proper shape of her boots and the black red and yellow color scheme she has. If Spiderwoman comes with detailed print I will be at peace with it all but eventually I’d love to see a Mysterio that doesn’t have solid green legs.

Can someone provide a confirmed list of figures in Daily Bugle so far? I understand it’s not a full list yet at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

direct references to specific journalist characters. Mary Jane

oh, oh. someone's about to have a meltdown over this

Jokes aside, I don't think we'll get any more new heroes. Maybe a repeat of some we've already got, tho

Edited by PGBQW

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Can someone provide a confirmed list of figures in Daily Bugle so far? I understand it’s not a full list yet at the moment. 

Check the previous page @Scarilian’s comment towards the bottom.

I’m surprised people are upset that we are  getting repeat. Considering most d2c with 10 plus figures have repeats. Minimum 4 characters we haven’t gotten before plus a figure that was only really available through SDCC, to me that’s good for a d2c. Look at a set like ninjago city docks which had only 1 new names figure from the tv show

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m surprised people are upset that we are  getting repeat. Considering most d2c with 10 plus figures have repeats. Minimum 4 characters we haven’t gotten before plus a figure that was only really available through SDCC, to me that’s good for a d2c. Look at a set like ninjago city docks which had only 1 new names figure from the tv show

Well, I’m not one of these people who are upset about repeats. I am really excited about that Dialy Bugle D2C set becuase I really really don’t collect Marvel sets much. 

26 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Probably referring to me. Yeah Venom wouldn’t be so annoying if it wasn’t for how often we see him in general. Especially considering of the 4 new characters only 1 is a villain its especially annoying seeing of all villains being repeated its the one we get in pretty much every spidey set. But at this point I don’t care anymore. I’m just wondering about the print. If its such an expensive set maybe they’ll step the game up for at least a few figures bc an entire roster of figures missing things like leg prints and arm prints would really let me down. Especially considering Mysterio, Spiderwoman both need it and others such as Spiderman and Black Cat would qualify under certain interpretations. It just comes down to how good Spiderwoman looks for me, I’ll probably buy the set either way but the quality of her print will do a lot for the hype for me. But honestly I resent the current Mysterio figure, he could also have leg and arm print as well and honestly for me the leg print alone would do a lot for the appeal of the figure.

Edited by cosmic

Four Things I have to add to discussion. 1; I hope we don't have a 'battle damaged' bugle like the bridge battle set. I don't want spider webs and broken portions of the build. I want a bugle that can fit in the city. 2; I hope this becomes a series with interconnecting buildings of the marvel universe, like Avengers Tower/Mansion/Compound, Oscorp, Sanctum Sanctorum, and the Baxter Building. Maybe even a Malibu mansion from the MCU. 3; This is starting to sound like a huge figure pack with a bugle side build. 4; We don't need random side builds for each character that takes up money for the bugle. I'm really hoping there's no venom go kart course or punishers oversized bicycle.

3 hours ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Four Things I have to add to discussion. 1; I hope we don't have a 'battle damaged' bugle like the bridge battle set. I don't want spider webs and broken portions of the build. I want a bugle that can fit in the city. 2; I hope this becomes a series with interconnecting buildings of the marvel universe, like Avengers Tower/Mansion/Compound, Oscorp, Sanctum Sanctorum, and the Baxter Building. Maybe even a Malibu mansion from the MCU. 3; This is starting to sound like a huge figure pack with a bugle side build. 4; We don't need random side builds for each character that takes up money for the bugle. I'm really hoping there's no venom go kart course or punishers oversized bicycle.

I expect a van for Punisher. And i have to agree on you on number one. Of course it needs webbing and some of those gimmicks as well, but i really hope it won’t come with a wall beiing teared down by doc ock in such a way that it would be hard to make it a clean building again. 

And to add to the minifig line-up discussion, and why we’d expected more new figures, that is because it’s a Spidey d2c set. Not aiming for kids only, but more for geeks, i would have expected they would cater that geekiness to the fullest and come up with way more new characters. I mean spidey’s rogue gallery is huge, and a lot of them are also really well-known villains too, but lego seems to get stuck with the same villains over and over again. And at some point that starts to be annoying, even though there will be freshly new long awaited figs like Dare Devil, Punisher, Black Cat and Jessica Drew Spider Woman (imho not really a nyc superhero, but i’ll be so happy to get her). 

I'm surprised the Scorpion isn't in this set, considering his connection to JJJ.

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

This is already my all-time favourite set. This is the best line-up I have ever seen for a comic book based set. The bridge battle and original DBC were great, but this is just next level. Reporters are easy to do custom mocs of. Really don't mind the repeats.

For me the biggest disappointment is the Marvel CMF. Glad we are getting Sam Wilson Captain America. Pleased about Monica and Peggy. Just feel that there are so many other MCU characters that have been missed that zombie cap and a few of the others are wasted slots. When I heard we were getting the CMF I had considered a box, but will now settle for just a single copy, and I'll pick up doubles of a couple of the figures. What If... is not MCU canon, and afaik there are not strong comic book roots for it either, at least not based on the comics I have read, and what I know about the characters. Please do correct me if I am wrong

1 hour ago, ApocSlay said:

For me the biggest disappointment is the Marvel CMF. Glad we are getting Sam Wilson Captain America. Pleased about Monica and Peggy. Just feel that there are so many other MCU characters that have been missed that zombie cap and a few of the others are wasted slots. When I heard we were getting the CMF I had considered a box, but will now settle for just a single copy, and I'll pick up doubles of a couple of the figures. What If... is not MCU canon, and afaik there are not strong comic book roots for it either, at least not based on the comics I have read, and what I know about the characters. Please do correct me if I am wrong

There actually was a What If...? comic run, the same concept as this series - what if something happened instead of something. While it's not canon, it's definitely part of the MCU but in a much more hypothetical way.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There actually was a What If...? comic run, the same concept as this series - what if something happened instead of something. While it's not canon, it's definitely part of the MCU but in a much more hypothetical way.

They also just started a new What If...? Comic series where instead of single issues every premise is going to be a mini-series starting with Spider's Shadow.

7 hours ago, Borex said:

I expect a van for Punisher. And i have to agree on you on number one. Of course it needs webbing and some of those gimmicks as well, but i really hope it won’t come with a wall beiing teared down by doc ock in such a way that it would be hard to make it a clean building again. 

And to add to the minifig line-up discussion, and why we’d expected more new figures, that is because it’s a Spidey d2c set. Not aiming for kids only, but more for geeks, i would have expected they would cater that geekiness to the fullest and come up with way more new characters. I mean spidey’s rogue gallery is huge, and a lot of them are also really well-known villains too, but lego seems to get stuck with the same villains over and over again. And at some point that starts to be annoying, even though there will be freshly new long awaited figs like Dare Devil, Punisher, Black Cat and Jessica Drew Spider Woman (imho not really a nyc superhero, but i’ll be so happy to get her). 

If we get Punisher's van, we could get Micro. I never cared for him as the stereotypical fat guy behind the computer. I don't know his current comic look, but that's how I remember him from the little cut-away scenes in the 90s Spider-Man episode Punisher showed up in.

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Kingwong posted an image of Viking Thor, implying that the figure is out there. 

Holy shizzzz I cannot wait to see. Here's hoping for a new face print. Fingers crossed* 

I’d imagine the cmf is going to be in boxes like vidiyo series right? Can’t feel for the character we want if that’s the case

1 minute ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I’d imagine the cmf is going to be in boxes like vidiyo series right? Can’t feel for the character we want if that’s the case

Looney Tunes says otherwise.

44 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Is that what Kingwong’s posts mean when he posts an image of a character? That there’s an leak image out there?

Just now, Moon_Knight said:

Is that what Kingwong’s posts mean when he posts an image of a character? That there’s an leak image out there?

Usually it is.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Wait, seriously? 

1 hour ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Pretty sure it’s little bags like most cmfs. I may be more excited about the cmf than some people here are. The only part about the cmf that seriously still bothers me is no Zemo. What was LEGO thinking??? (Could have easily switched Captain Carter, who is already in a set, with Zemo)