Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I also collect loose minifigs. Are you saying that Lego's ownership of BL is raising prices on BL?

Not that it directly affects it but knowing these two characters is long awaited, they'll priced high where as I know an alternative that might be way cheaper to get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Not that it directly affects it but knowing these two characters is long awaited, they'll priced high where as I know an alternative that might be way cheaper to get it. 

Could you PM me this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Not that it directly affects it but knowing these two characters is long awaited, they'll priced high where as I know an alternative that might be way cheaper to get it.  

Do share ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Not that it directly affects it but knowing these two characters is long awaited, they'll priced high where as I know an alternative that might be way cheaper to get it. 

You don’t actually understand how Bricklink works, do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

You don’t actually understand how Bricklink works, do you?

Please educate me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Please educate me

BrickLink’s ownership has no bearing on pricing. It’s a bunch of individual sellers who decide what they want for a given product.  Supply and demand mostly dictate pricing of a given item, with the added caveat that new items carry a premium (the concept of “first to have it”). The other factor that makes bricklink (and to an extent other selling platforms like EBay) occasionally seem inflated is that one of their mechanisms for setting pricing is to use existing pricing. One seller putting their item very expensive can throw off the entire pricing structure if others are basing their price off the average of all others.

brickowl will be no better. Reddit will likely be worse. Taiwanese street vendor isn’t an option for most. Ali express are not a reasonable substitute for most Lego buyers. If you have a secret path with altruistic sellers I am all ears.

The most consistently cost effective way to get the figs (in the US) is find a discount on the set, buy and sell without figs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KevinMD said:

BrickLink’s ownership has no bearing on pricing. It’s a bunch of individual sellers who decide what they want for a given product.  Supply and demand mostly dictate pricing of a given item, with the added caveat that new items carry a premium (the concept of “first to have it”). The other factor that makes bricklink (and to an extent other selling platforms like EBay) occasionally seem inflated is that one of their mechanisms for setting pricing is to use existing pricing. One seller putting their item very expensive can throw off the entire pricing structure if others are basing their price off the average of all others.

brickowl will be no better. Reddit will likely be worse. Taiwanese street vendor isn’t an option for most. Ali express are not a reasonable substitute for most Lego buyers. If you have a secret path with altruistic sellers I am all ears.

The most consistently cost effective way to get the figs (in the US) is find a discount on the set, buy and sell without figs. 

You probably have an idea on the "path" that I know and it works for me, probably not for the guys (US based) but it is relatively cheap than Bricklink and others. You also get them ahead of time but that's for another discussion. I choose not to elaborate more. Thank you for educating me, I highly appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

You probably have an idea on the "path" that I know and it works for me, probably not for the guys (US based) but it is relatively cheap than Bricklink and others. You also get them ahead of time but that's for another discussion. I choose not to elaborate more. Thank you for educating me, I highly appreciate it. 

AhgHtnP.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

 

so apparently the red and white dragon in the forth coming  Shang-Chi set 76177    is called

Spoiler

"The Great Protector"

 

Edited by Mattallica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In hindsight, 2016 was probably the best year overall for Spider-Man sets.  There were no random Spider-vehicle builds, and we got the iconic Ghost Rider cycle and the awesome Bridge Battle set.  In terms of minifigure selection, over three sets, we got a solid mix of Spider-Men (Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Girl), other superheroes (Ghost Rider and White Tiger), civilians (Aunt May and Captain Stacy), and many of the best villains we've gotten (Green Goblin with duel molded legs and arm printing, Doc Ock with duel molded legs, classic Vulture, and the only real versions of Scorpion, Kraven, and Hobgoblin we've gotten, all of which would be difficult to improve upon)  I do think the upcoming Daily Bugle will probably be the single best Spider-Man set, though the rest of the Spider-Man sets this year have been far from impressive for the most part.  

Edited by spiderfan2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bohner_brick hinted in his IG that this Friday we'll get Daily Bugle reveal

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Legofania said:

bohner_brick hinted in his IG that this Friday we'll get Daily Bugle reveal

 

As in, tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Legofania said:

bohner_brick hinted in his IG that this Friday we'll get Daily Bugle reveal

The exact remark was "Will Lego post a teaser today? It would line-up with a Friday reveal... I'm hopeful" So I would not take Friday as a concrete thing at the moment.

I still think if it's an early May release that we would not see the set until the middle of this month followed by a potential VIP release near the end of the month , but admittedly they may reveal the set slightly early so Lego can be the one to do the big reveal as opposed to leaks :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scarilian said:

The exact remark was "Will Lego post a teaser today? It would line-up with a Friday reveal... I'm hopeful" So I would not take Friday as a concrete thing at the moment.

I still think if it's an early May release that we would not see the set until the middle of this month followed by a potential VIP release near the end of the month , but admittedly they may reveal the set slightly early so Lego can be the one to do the big reveal as opposed to leaks :shrug_oh_well:

I mean, I can totally see lego doing a really cryptic post that doesn't actually show anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, I can totally see lego doing a really cryptic post that doesn't actually show anything

Are any designer videos scheduled for today or Friday? Could easily see Lego teasing or revealing part of a D2C via those like they did the Helicarrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the failed tease of daredevil leaking I'm not 100% sure about what he's saying on the bugle reveal being on Friday.

Also I wonder if it would impact them in any way that on Friday Hasbro has an online event going on, which includes a Marvel Legends panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something should be revealed this oder at least next week but I'm not sure if it's really the daily bugle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

After the failed tease of daredevil leaking I'm not 100% sure about what he's saying on the bugle reveal being on Friday.

Tbh, I really believe he wasn't trying to lie and 100% believed that would happen, because all of his other comments have been correct so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He specifies that "he hopes it" ... I see no reason to suggest something that is just a hope.  If something happens I'll be happy, but I don't expect it

Edited by Legocentrico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have yet to see R2 D2 so I would be surprised if we got a bugle reveal or tease by LEGO before that is released or revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

We have yet to see R2 D2 so I would be surprised if we got a bugle reveal or tease by LEGO before that is released or revealed.

Would keep an eye out for something like that for the moment - as an official reveal out of nowhere seems unlikely. Chances are we'd get a tease for a set at that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

After the failed tease of daredevil leaking I'm not 100% sure about what he's saying on the bugle reveal being on Friday.

Also I wonder if it would impact them in any way that on Friday Hasbro has an online event going on, which includes a Marvel Legends panel.

To be fair, I don't think it was his intention to say it's going to leak. But yeah probably your interpretation.

Leaks doesn't work like that. It's not being scheduled or what so ever specially factory leaks. If it comes it'll come. Only Mini_legogo do tease leaked figures (with a countdown) because he have it in hand, but doesn't do that lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I kinda wish that the Daily Bugle set would also include Bullseye since they're gonna be adding Daredevil into the set. Or maybe even Stilt Man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Borex said:

You know Puma was also the owner of the daily bugle once making Robbie the big chief overthere. So Puma would be a fair choice for a Bugle set

 

"Don't do that. Don't give me hope."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I’m already more than satisfied with the minifig selection as is. Daredevil, the Punisher, and Black Cat have all been requested for years, so these three alone are worth getting the set :thumbup: I’ve seen more expensive sets with fewer desirable minifigs included, so in that regard it’s already a winner :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.