Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, SEmrys said:

(although King T'Chaka's suit was also pretty sweet, shame we never got that in Lego) 

Pain. Best Black Panther suit by a mile and we'll never get it. It's the only disappointment to me about the CMF being Disney Plus based.

Great leg idea for the new Shuri figure. Courtesy of LMA Customs on Flickr. Not sure if this counts as a leak, if so I'll remove.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Leaked image removed

34 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Great leg idea for the new Shuri figure. Courtesy of LMA Customs on Flickr. Not sure if this counts as a leak, if so I'll remove.

Those legs really do work quite perfectly, great find.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

How does this even slightly resemble a Black Panther cowl? It's literally just Star-Lords helmet with differently colored eyes and different hair sticking out.

Disney+ Unveils T'Challa as Star-Lord in Marvel's What If...?

its just his OPINION,

relax you dont have to attack/call out  people with whom you dont share opinions

Looking at the Funko Shang-chi leaks, I kind of wished that the Shang-Chi and Wenwu in the two sets had different costumes...

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

Looking at the Funko Shang-chi leaks, I kind of wished that the Shang-Chi and Wenwu in the two sets had different costumes...

Yeah would have been nice, also if Shang Chi had dual molded arms red and flesh. 

24 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

its just his OPINION,

relax you dont have to attack/call out  people with whom you dont share opinions

He’s not attacking or calling anyone out though? I mean, it’s not really an opinion that the Star Lord helmet does not resemble Black Panther’s at all.

Anyway, I think the new Black Panther figure looks decent. The lack of leg printing doesn’t bother me, but he really needs a new mask mold. I just do not think printing the design on a minifigure head resembles Black Panther that much. The lack of printing on the ear piece certainly doesn’t help.

As for the Vision CMF discussion, I’m cool with whatever version of Vision we get. If this were a 16-20 figure series like previous licensed CMFs, I would have liked to seen both Vision and White Vision so we could recreate both parts of the fight  scene in the Finale (since I’m sure both Wanda and Agatha are highly likely for the series regardless of its size). I don’t have any previous Vision figures so getting a normal one with CMF-level detail would be preferable to me.

31 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

its just his OPINION,

That's not an opinion, that's a fact actually. 

You can like or dislike the helmet or whatever, but this helmet not resembling regular Black Panther's one is an objective fact, not a matter for discussion.

44 minutes ago, hvader said:

Crazy how LEGO, Funko and Marvel Legends merchandise have all leaked for this film, yet not a single official image exists of Shang Chi, other than the logo

29 minutes ago, The Stud said:

He’s not attacking or calling anyone out though? I mean, it’s not really an opinion that the Star Lord helmet does not resemble Black Panther’s at all.

Anyway, I think the new Black Panther figure looks decent. The lack of leg printing doesn’t bother me, but he really needs a new mask mold. I just do not think printing the design on a minifigure head resembles Black Panther that much. The lack of printing on the ear piece certainly doesn’t help.

As for the Vision CMF discussion, I’m cool with whatever version of Vision we get. If this were a 16-20 figure series like previous licensed CMFs, I would have liked to seen both Vision and White Vision so we could recreate both parts of the fight  scene in the Finale (since I’m sure both Wanda and Agatha are highly likely for the series regardless of its size). I don’t have any previous Vision figures so getting a normal one with CMF-level detail would be preferable to me.

I'm mixed on a helmet. Whilst a minifig Black Panther having a helmet mold would be more movie accurate and allow us to get a T'challa face sculpt.LEGO would probably make it too bulky but I also don't like him just having a regular minifigure head with cat ears on top since it's just weird and hasn't looked good post 2018

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's not an opinion, that's a fact actually. 

You can like or dislike the helmet or whatever, but this helmet not resembling regular Black Panther's one is an objective fact, not a matter for discussion.

Well yeah 

It's really too bad Lego doesn't fit a whole lot into the budget for new molds. I don't think the new BP minifig looks bad. I think it looks great but I think a new helmet would've been cool. It's crazy how some characters with less screen time like Yellowjacket get a new mold but other characters like Wasp (who's been in a couple movies and more to come) get an old mold. I'm assuming it has to do with the budget at the time and whether it's been used elsewhere or not. Not seeing dual molded legs, printing on arms or legs or new molds isn't a deal breaker for me but it's kind of a bummer. I can always customize my minifigures to my own liking, that's what's so great about Lego in the first place. If I want to use Owen Grady's face for Star-Lord then you bet your a$$ I will, even if Marvel decides not to use that head for the upcoming wave. At least we can expect the Marvel CMF to have some extremely detailed minifigures.

Edited by Moon_Knight

In terms of "What if" series for CMF, what would be your top pick for atleast 3 figures? 

Is it crazy if I think we could get The Watcher? Hmmm I also saw The Collector in the trailer, would be damn so cool if we get him. 

1 minute ago, Walter529a said:

I know the black cat minifig is not news to anyone but, I think it looks so much better with skin color in that area.

*snip*

Cool work, and yeah it does look better with showing some skin color in the torso part though, it is what it is. 

4 minutes ago, Walter529a said:

I know the black cat minifig is not news to anyone but, I think it looks so much better with skin color in that area.805437159_blackcat2021.thumb.jpg.602c3ceb0bcd5702fe480a9a034635cc.jpg

Yeah the actual fig itself looks a bit like the character from the 2017 cartoon which had little skin shown 

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

In terms of "What if" series for CMF, what would be your top pick for atleast 3 figures? 

Is it crazy if I think we could get The Watcher? Hmmm I also saw The Collector in the trailer, would be damn so cool if we get him. 

Cool work, and yeah it does look better with showing some skin color in the torso part though, it is what it is. 

I think we should wait for more information about the show before we start speculating what MCU characters we get because the only major ones  revealed are Captain Carter, Iron Steve Rogers, Zombie Cap and T'Challa as Star-Lord. But there was a leak which showed MCU Peter Parker in the Hawkeye suit so there may be an episode where he decides to be Hawkeye instead of Spider-Man so a Peter Parker Hawkeye fig would be cool to see

7 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Yeah the actual fig itself looks a bit like the character from the 2017 cartoon which had little skin shown 

I think we should wait for more information about the show before we start speculating what MCU characters we get because the only major ones  revealed are Captain Carter, Iron Steve Rogers, Zombie Cap and T'Challa as Star-Lord. But there was a leak which showed MCU Peter Parker in the Hawkeye suit so there may be an episode where he decides to be Hawkeye instead of Spider-Man so a Peter Parker Hawkeye fig would be cool to see

Wow can you link it here? Nice. But based on what we've seen so far I'm sure if not three there will be atleast one of them included in the cmf. 

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

It's really too bad Lego doesn't fit a whole lot into the budget for new molds. I don't think the new BP minifig looks bad. I think it looks great but I think a new helmet would've been cool. It's crazy how some characters with less screen time like Yellowjacket get a new mold but other characters like Wasp (who's been in a couple movies and more to come) get an old mold. I'm assuming it has to do with the budget at the time and whether it's been used elsewhere or not. Not seeing dual molded legs, printing on arms or legs or new molds isn't a deal breaker for me but it's kind of a bummer. I can always customize my minifigures to my own liking, that's what's so great about Lego in the first place. If I want to use Owen Grady's face for Star-Lord then you bet your a$$ I will, even if Marvel decides not to use that head for the upcoming wave. At least we can expect the Marvel CMF to have some extremely detailed minifigures.

It is extremely frustrating and often downright confusing. I suppose an argument can be made that one-off characters like Yellowjacket get nice new molds because it will likely be the only time they ever appear in minifig form while characters like Black Panther and Wasp are expected to appear many times with many suit variants so there's leeway to halfa$$ it now to leave room for improvement later. That said, they rarely do a ton of improving. Just as frustrating as the lack of new molds is the lack of standardized leg printing. We've had leg printing for years, It doesn't cost LEGO that much and it improves the quality of figures drastically. Back printing didn't used to be common and now it's rare to see minifigds without it. For some reason that isn't the case with leg printing or arm printing for that matter. You'd think the more logical priority would be to print legs instead of backs since the backs of figures are rarely seen or are often covered by capes, wings, backpacks etc. How many times have we gotten highly detailed back prints that were utterly useless because they're given to characters that will never bee seen without their back accessories covering them? I would happily sacrifice the back print of every single minifigure if it meant giving every figure leg printing. Reused faceprints are also frustrating, especially for main characters. I mean Shang-Chi is the main character in the movie named after him yet that's not enough to justify him getting his own faceprint? Seriously!? Bottom line, it still boggles my mind that they cheap out on this theme's figures so bad when they are THE most important thing in a superhero line. This isn't Star Wars where vehicles and locations are just as important and iconic as the characters that pilot and inhabit them, no. The superheroes and supervillains are what's important and everything else is there to enhance and support them. an argument can be made for things like Avengers tower or the Quinjet but those are exceptions, not the rule. I could easily go on but I think I've ranted enough for now.

Edited by ToaDraco

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Wow can you link it here? Nice. But based on what we've seen so far I'm sure if not three there will be atleast one of them included in the cmf. 

Since for some reason I can't upload the picture I'll just send a link. It was shown around the time Sony and Marvel had a disagreement 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.animationxpress.com/latest-news/marvels-what-if-teaser-gives-a-sneak-peek-into-tom-hollands-spider-man-as-hawkeye/amp/

17 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

It is extremely frustrating and often downright confusing. I suppose an argument can be made that one-off characters like Yellowjacket get nice new molds because it will likely be the only time they ever appear in minifig form while characters like Black Panther and Wasp are expected to appear many times with many suit variants so there's leeway to halfa$$ it now to leave room for improvement later. That said, they rarely do a ton of improving. Just as frustrating as the lack of new molds is the lack of standardized leg printing. We've had leg printing for years, It doesn't cost LEGO that much and it improves the quality of figures drastically. Back printing didn't used to be common and now it's rare to see minifigds without it. For some reason that isn't the case with leg printing or arm printing for that matter. You'd think the more logical priority would be to print legs instead of backs since the backs of figures are rarely seen or are often covered by capes, wings, backpacks etc. How many times have we gotten highly detailed back prints that were utterly useless because they're given to characters that will never bee seen without their back accessories covering them? Reused faceprints are also frustrating, especially for main characters. I mean Shang-Chi is the main character in the movie named after him yet that's not enough to justify him getting his own faceprint? Seriously!? Bottom line, it still boggles my mind that they cheap out on this theme's figures so bad when they are THE most important thing in a superhero line. This isn't Star Wars where vehicles and locations are just as important and iconic as the characters that pilot and inhabit them, no. The superheroes and supervillains are what's important and everything else is there to enhance and support them. an argument can be made for things like Avengers tower or the Quinjet but those are exceptions, not the rule. I could easily go on but I think I've ranted enough for now.

I can ignore characters like Thor or Cap not having detailed arm or leg printing but for some characters reuses hurt them with Shang-Chi being the unfortunate example. You'd think a movie with Asian american leads would at least try to have a unique print especially since there's lack of decent Asian faceprints but instead Shang-Chi has a reused face and Mandarin reuses the Bruce Wayne and Loki face. Most of the time I'm not bothered by it but with Shang-Chi it's just lazy

And there's the Iron Man MK 85 issue where the actual armour's arms are both gold and red but the LEGO fig just has gold arms with no arm printing which contrasts with the detailed torso and leg printing and to make matters worse the gold arms don't match with the other gold areas of the fig 

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

By the time CMF is released (or even we got full leak infomation) does What If series is even finished? 

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

By the time CMF is released (or even we got full leak infomation) does What If series is even finished? 

We still lack a date for What If other than the vague idea of Summer. As far as we know is airing sometime after Loki, which should end July 16th. So we have time for a few episodes of What If before the CMF is released in either August or September (depending on who is right regarding the release date)

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

-snip-

Would make more sense for them to focus on characters already shown off via the trailer such as The Watcher, Howard the Duck, Black Panther (Starlord) or at a push Zombie Captain America. Makes more sense to save Hawkeye, Ronin Outfit, Kate Bishop and the series villain until a potential Disney+ CMF Series 2.

Personally I think The Watcher & Howard The Duck would be highly likely as they emphasise how weird the 'What If' series can be and would be more interesting than just more human focused characters in the line-up.

Yeah I feel like The Watcher is a very likely candidate minifigure, after all this episodes are all "what if" and he's the one narrating it. 

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

What if was supposed to be out by the time the cmf would have been done 

I mean it didn't change its release date, it's been "Summer 2021" since they first announced it back in 2019.

56 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

My pick would be stuff we have seen, because there's a bigger possibility that they revealed it to Lego.

The Watcher (main character in the series, at least in a certain way) and T'Challa Star-Lord (we've seen a lot of him, mix of well-known characters with a unique design) are a must in my opinion. 

For the 3rd one I'd go with either Zombie Cap or Sakaar Iron Man.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean it didn't change its release date, it's been "Summer 2021" since they first announced it back in 2019.

My pick would be stuff we have seen, because there's a bigger possibility that they revealed it to Lego.

The Watcher (main character in the series, at least in a certain way) and T'Challa Star-Lord (we've seen a lot of him, mix of well-known characters with a unique design) are a must in my opinion. 

For the 3rd one I'd go with either Zombie Cap or Sakaar Iron Man.

Have we seen the Sakaar Ironman already?

Talking about Sakaar, dang how long are we gonna wait til we see Korg. That's long overdue considering the headpiece leaked waaaaaaaaaay back.