Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Morbius has been delayed AGAIN to January of next year...makes me really worried for Spider-Man 3 and the sets 

It’s delayed again to avoid No Time to Die, so there’s still hope that Spider-Man will maintain its December release

11 hours ago, gedren_y said:

To those who question how well known Uatu is, What If . . . is about to become a Disney+ cartoon, and the comics have their own fanbase. I still read my copy of What If  . . . Wolverine Was Lord Of The Vampires (that would be an awesome variant). I am aware at how unlikely a large brick built Uatu set would be, but it is still in the realm of the plausible. I remember the fan buzz when the Watchers were first rumored to appear in the MCU. Some speculated Stan Lee's cameos across various Marvel movie universes made him Uatu.

While the comics may have their fanbase and Uatu will be in What If? he's still a very niche character and we're talking about a $300 set here. It's far from realistic to expect something like this just like it would be unrealistic to expect an Eternals D2C or a GotG D2C back when it came out in 2014. These big D2C's obviously don't get sold as much as smaller sets, it's way too much of a risk for LEGO. 

Generally I think people need to lower their expectations for this D2C. Take in mind the last 2 were (objectively) both really disappointing and honestly kinda crap.

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

[...] and honestly kinda crap.

I respectfully disagree. The Helicarrier was an awesome microscale model and the Hulkbuster is still one of my favourite eye-catchers in my collection :laugh: Not being minifig-scale is not a detriment to their quality in my eyes.

And not to be too nitpicky, but „objective disappointment“ is somewhat of an oxymoron :tongue:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I respectfully disagree. The Helicarrier was an awesome microscale model and the Hulkbuster is still one of my favourite eye-catchers in my collection :laugh: Not being minifig-scale is not a detriment to their quality in my eyes.

And not to be too nitpicky, but „objective disappointment“ is somewhat of an oxymoron :tongue:

I am in the same boat as you. Loved the helicarrier build, but was disappointed with the push for micro figs in the set.

I love the idea of the Hulkbuster D2C but I just wish it had a tiny bit better proportions

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I hope lego can up their game with TFAWS set/s. I need these 3 characters. 

I guarantee that they would include the title characters in the sets lol, Baron Zemo especially 

Maybe it really ends up being a gauntlet?

Like I wouldnt be surprised if it is, but it feels so weird because endgame came out 2 years ago.

If DC (or the previous Marvel D2C) are anything to go by it could be a microfig scaled Quinjet.

I genuinely cant think on anything that would make sense. Maybe an Ironman piece of armor or something?

Edited by PGBQW

Just now, PGBQW said:

If DC (or the previous Marvel D2C) are anything to go by it could be a microfig scaled Quinjet.

I think you're referring to UCS-scale here, microfig scale is roughly what was included in the Helicarrier :wink: And the past Quinjet sets are close to true minifigure scale. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think you're referring to UCS-scale here, microfig scale is roughly what was included in the Helicarrier :wink: And the past Quinjet sets are close to true minifigure scale. 

Ye, that

43 minutes ago, Borex said:

What if the d2c set is just a random oversized spidey vehicle versus gazillion venoms?!

You know, I'd buy a 300€ Spider Buggy

55 minutes ago, Borex said:

What if the d2c set is just a random oversized spidey vehicle versus gazillion venoms?!

I want to say ‘no way’ . . but Spider-Man actually had his own Power Rangers style giant robot back in the 70s or something called Leopardon. And . . y’now, I’d actually buy a Voltron-style LEGO model of Leopardon at a scale like that. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Agreed. If it's the Quinjet, that's the scale for it. If the F4 get their entrance into the MCU as part of this year's movies, then it could be their Quinjet.

Now if it is something minifig scale (quite unlikely), the only ship in the MCU that makes sense at that price point is the Zephyr from AOS (not gonna happen).

A brick built Uatu, scaled proportional to the minifig, could be at that price point. In any event, we need a good Stan Lee fig. I know a bunch of us want his FedEx driver cameo.

11 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I want to say ‘no way’ . . but Spider-Man actually had his own Power Rangers style giant robot back in the 70s or something called Leopardon. And . . y’now, I’d actually buy a Voltron-style LEGO model of Leopardon at a scale like that. 

Was that in the japanese spiderman series? I saw a few episodes. Very cool :-)

2 minutes ago, Borex said:

Was that in the japanese spiderman series? I saw a few episodes. Very cool :-)

It's also been in some more recent comics like the Spider-Verse event. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's also been in some more recent comics like the Spider-Verse event. 

I really need to catch up with the comics. I stopped reading them when peter parker turned out to be the blonde guy Ben. That pissed me off so hard, that i stopped collecting them. I mostly reread the old comics :-s 

It seems everyone is okay with this going to the MCU and being micro scale, I’d like to be the voice of dissatisfaction that does not want this. A large Avengers Tower or Mansion would be ideal. Mini-figure scale D2C’s are what I want. These oversized Bat-vehicles and giant hulkbusters with 1-3 figures are appealing to, who? I want an Ewok Villaige or Cloud City type set, a minifig scale playset with many figures relevant to the source material. Asgard sounds perfect. Not sure if Lego considers Marvel an evergreen theme but I hope it does. In that case an MCU accurate Asgard sounds good for now, but assuming the line continues for decades I’d love to see a comic accurate set ( the Asgard in the movies is unique but not incredibly different from the comics version) but still we’ve gotten 2 Death Star D2C’s and I wouldn’t mind Lego throwing the MCU fans a bone as long as its relevant, but eventually I seriously want Lego to pay more attention to the comics material. We’re missing so much.

But whether its MCU or comics (its almost no doubt MCU based) I do not want anymore microscale sets, and no more sets with little figures. Give us an Ewok village or Cloud City type set. Literally who see’s an oversized vehicle with no figures and goes wow can’t wait to buy that? Like seriously speak up so I can understand the reasoning, the D2C’s Lego has released for the superhero theme thus far (besides Arkham Asylum) have been pretty consistently disappointing (imo).

59 minutes ago, Borex said:

I really need to catch up with the comics. I stopped reading them when peter parker turned out to be the blonde guy Ben. That pissed me off so hard, that i stopped collecting them. I mostly reread the old comics :-s 

Some pieces of the Clone Saga are hard to read.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The past Quinjet sets are close to true minifigure scale. 

Kinda... Lego Quinjets are generally around half or a third the size needed to get a minifigure scale. The cockpits are generally depicted as being two seaters rather than the one seaters we have had in set form, the interiors we get in Lego sets are normally a lot thinner. Later additions of the Quinjet, specifically in Age Of Ultron when it started to be used by the Avengers more had hollow wings to give it a more spacious feel.

Spoiler

89M5IwipxHKoqgd0_sz2tWmpTVft1gHXZUZsZ3r9
16.jpgavengers-age-of-ultron-quinjet-image.jpg

On 1/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Generally I think people need to lower their expectations for this D2C

I've lowered expectations to an Avengers Tower with the same Tony Stark figure from the smaller GWP version that is not in scale with anything and is not accurate to any of the movies :p

Honestly, I just want the D2C to be good. Give us something to hype over Lego.

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

It seems everyone is okay with this going to the MCU and being micro scale, I’d like to be the voice of dissatisfaction that does not want this. 

Definetely agree with this, I have no interest whatsoever in anything that isn't minfigure/system scale so if the D2C is something else I'm not buying it.

Realistically I am expecting something that isn't made for minifigs though :sceptic:

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely agree with this, I have no interest whatsoever in anything that isn't minfigure/system scale so if the D2C is something else I'm not buying it.

Realistically I am expecting something that isn't made for minifigs though :sceptic:

I just want a scene/location build. I hate vehicle builds 

I am also starting to think the D2C will be a gauntlet it something lego would definitely pull. I dont think this would happen but what if it was a tower on Vormir where the soul stone was in the style of the lord of the rings tower of orthanc. The minifgs could include: ronin, endgame black widow, Red skull, helmetless thanos, Gamora.

I hope to see some kind of architecture, but agree that the Gauntlet is something I can see them doing. 

Also, I just got hold of the new Captain America minifigure from the new mech sets while the site was down. 

Great little figure, love the detail and it's good to finally have his helmet piece (I know it's not new but this is the first time I've owned it), which looks better in hand than I thought it would!