Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Eh, the head would be way too small and look goofy, I hope they don't do that.

Lmao, this is so true. That's gonna be so dang weird. Hahahaha. I wouldn't take it even if it's for free. Dorky and goofy than bootleg.

12 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Do we know if they're gonna use a regular minifigure head for the new bigfig system?  Because if they do, that opens the door for so much customization.  Maybe the minifigure Thanos from the sanctuary set and the final battle Thanos will have different face prints so you can swap them out.  At the very least it would be fun to give Thanos all sorts of fun hats and hair.

I think it could be similar to Mr Incredible in the LEGO Incredibles game but with bigger legs

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah, this is definitely the future of big figures and I'm glad it started with Thanos. 

Even though it's just a videogame exclusive character/figure, LEGO Mr Incredible had an interesting idea for bigger figs

20 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Lmao, this is so true. That's gonna be so dang weird. Hahahaha. I wouldn't take it even if it's for free. Dorky and goofy than bootleg.

Agreed. It'd look so bad

4 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

For some Marvel characters, being a bigfig would make them too big. The Thing, Korg, and Kingpin would be better at the scale of Leatherhead and Axl.

Kingpin would literally only work as a bigfig lol. His traps are as big as human beings 

28 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

I think it could be similar to Mr Incredible in the LEGO Incredibles game but with bigger legs

Even though it's just a videogame exclusive character/figure, LEGO Mr Incredible had an interesting idea for bigger figs

Honestly that Mr Incredible was hideous, bigfigs as they are are bad enough already with their permanent squats and minimal articulation. 

@1414falconfan has art showing how a Kingpin bigfig might look.

Edited by BigHobbit

I kinda expect Thanos' big fig to be like this design. This would enable them to re-use the same body mold for future big figs with only the head being a brand new mold - so we could get figures like Kurse, Hulk, Abomination, Red Hulk, etc... all much easier

Also means you could give big figs capes, potentially armour ontop of them if needed, etc...

Edited by Scarilian

8 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I kinda expect Thanos' big fig to be like this design. This would enable them to re-use the same body mold for future big figs with only the head being a brand new mold - so we could get figures like Kurse, Hulk, Abomination, Red Hulk, etc... all much easier

Also means you could give big figs capes, potentially armour ontop of them if needed, etc...

That’s why I asked for that design to be made by skor. Overall Thanos will introduce a new wave of big figs

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

Kingpin would literally only work as a bigfig lol. His traps are as big as human beings 

A comic Kingpin, maybe, but not a MCU Kingpin. From what I understand, the Daredevil and Punisher rights have recently returned to Marvel, and Charlie Cox is confirmed for NWH, so Netflix Marvel characters may eventually get minifigs. I also don't think we'll see a bigfig in the D2C simply because the build type precludes the interior space for one.

1 hour ago, Portal Out said:

Do we know if they're gonna use a regular minifigure head for the new bigfig system?  Because if they do, that opens the door for so much customization.  Maybe the minifigure Thanos from the sanctuary set and the final battle Thanos will have different face prints so you can swap them out.  At the very least it would be fun to give Thanos all sorts of fun hats and hair.

I could see using a regular minifigure head connection working if the head used was a new mold that's larger than normal minifigure heads. Think the Mickey Mouse figure's head size.

Edited by ood0

21 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s why I asked for that design to be made by skor. Overall Thanos will introduce a new wave of big figs

Yee, definitely seems like what they are going for with it. Even if the head connection port on the body is not compatible with minifigure heads, should still open up a lot of options.

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

As far as I recall, none of the SDCC sets (or other convention exclusives for that matter) have ever leaked beforehand. Each time, we only learned about them the day they were revealed, which was usually shortly before the convention itself.

Besides, we don’t know if there’s even going to be exclusives this year to begin with. Sure, there were the usual exclusives last year, but they were already in (pre-) production when Covid hit the scene, which is why they had to sell them on s@h instead. I doubt they’re doing that again this year

That's why I'm curious. It was a huge relief being able to buy at least some of the sets last year without needing to fork out stupid sums of money. Hoping personally that there aren't any such exclusives this year seeing its is cancelled. Need every cent I can save with the amount of sets we are already getting

43 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

A comic Kingpin, maybe, but not a MCU Kingpin. From what I understand, the Daredevil and Punisher rights have recently returned to Marvel, and Charlie Cox is confirmed for NWH, so Netflix Marvel characters may eventually get minifigs. I also don't think we'll see a bigfig in the D2C simply because the build type precludes the interior space for one.

that doesn't make a difference D2C wise, if they deem fit to include a villain as a big fig "rampaging on the rooftops" then they probably will lol. Also comic kingpin 1000% would only work as a bigfig 

If LEGO decides to do a set or two based on Thor: The Dark World (especially because LEGO skipped making sets for it in 2013), I hope this new bigfig system increases the chances of getting a bigfig Kurse.  

On 3/11/2021 at 9:20 PM, Scarilian said:

Yes, they are not allowed on the forum. Instagram is best bet, try searching 'LegoShangChi or LegoLeaks or Legoleaks2021 or some variation of the hashtag. The polybag leaked a while ago so it might be buried under all the recent posts :shrug_oh_well:

Thanks so much! 🙏🙏🙏

This new removable head mould would make recreating Thanos’s decapitation much easier. I actually just commented a few days ago in the DC thread how I want a multipurpose big fig torso. My only wish was that the torso would have new pegs to attach legs pieces to give the big fig more motion, in the same way they currently have arm pegs. Thats all I want is big figs that aren’t stuck in the same pose, imagine being able to pose the legs of Thanos! This is a good start though.

Edited by cosmic

6 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I am so excited for the new Black Panther minifig

..Like I hope it's already leaked. 

17 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

..Like I hope it's already leaked. 

as far as I know it isn't. I just haven't been able to get the new mold for his helmet out of my mind lol.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

as far as I know it isn't. I just haven't been able to get the new mold for his helmet out of my mind lol.

Same. I hope they give him more rounded with little ears cowl. Looking like a real panther.

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

First episode of TFATWS was amazing, not a lot of set potential in this one though.

You never know.  Lego never misses a chance to do a helicopter :grin:

3 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

You never know.  Lego never misses a chance to do a helicopter :grin:

True but if they just do a single set there's no way they would pick a scene without Bucky.