Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Completely agree. Its actually just the same hammer mould lego has used in Monster Fighters and other themes.

The Monster Fighter sets were released after the first Avengers wave, so it was designed with Mjolnir in mind :wink:

8 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Here's a question for you guys: do you think Promobricks made a mistake with the minifigs on the Benetar and confused Drax for a Chitauri?

I DM'd them about this and they said it was definitely a Chitauri and not Drax. But they said anything can change so :shrug_confused:

For that reason, I picked up the latest Milano (from 2017) on eBay yesterday. I don't have any of the Guardians yet, so since the Benatar won't include Nebula, Drax or Gamora, I figured that would be a good one to get.

12 hours ago, HRC said:

Disappointed. The "Hulkbuster" scale stuff is just getting way too big. Iron Monger does not need 400 pieces. A side build of an arc reactor would've been really cool.

Fully agreed. This is why I thought that Iron Monger should be the same size as the Igor armor. If you compare a Hulkbuster set to an Iron Man minifigure, it doesn't look realistic at all and I feel that we need side builds to fully represent the scene better.

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Monster Fighter sets were released after the first Avengers wave, so it was designed with Mjolnir in mind :wink:

Eh this kind of reads as it was made with Monster Fighters in mind. Its a featureless plain grey hammer with none of the detailing of dark greys and browns mjolnir should have. Looks like they needed a multi purpose hammer mould.

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I DM'd them about this and they said it was definitely a Chitauri and not Drax. But they said anything can change so :shrug_confused:

For that reason, I picked up the latest Milano (from 2017) on eBay yesterday. I don't have any of the Guardians yet, so since the Benatar won't include Nebula, Drax or Gamora, I figured that would be a good one to get.

Bummer.  I get that forcing villain characters into sets is necessary for selling to kids, but in a $150 18+ set?  I know I'm certainly not the first (nor will I be the last) person to say this, but the Benetar's minifigure selection is getting more and more "meh" the more we hear about it.  I've been waiting for a UCS Guardians of the Galaxy set for a while, and I've got the 2017 Drax sitting in a box somewhere in storage so I'll probably still pick up the set sometime this summer.

Apparently the final battle Thanos will not have armor. Interesting choice but I’m not complaining. Hopefully the sanctuary II minifig is armored 

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

Apparently the final battle Thanos will not have armor. Interesting choice but I’m not complaining. Hopefully the sanctuary II minifig is armored 

Glad to hear this, I've wanted an unarmoured Thanos for a while given he spends the majority of the 2 films out of armour. 

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

I'm confused af. Is he wearing his undershirt just like IW or EG print by saying no armor means no armor mold just printed?

6 minutes ago, JaHawk2009 said:

Glad to hear this, I've wanted an unarmoured Thanos for a while given he spends the majority of the 2 films out of armour. 

I asked the man himself, it seems that it is Endgame Thanos by no armor meaning no armor molding, but Endgame design - still armored. 

7 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm confused af. Is he wearing his undershirt just like IW or EG print by saying no armor means no armor mold just printed?

I asked the man himself, it seems that it is Endgame Thanos by no armor meaning no armor molding, but Endgame design - still armored. 

I think this opens the doors for an IW Thanos down the line

I also hope they reuse the Endgame Thanos arms. Loved the armor printing on that one 

ENDGAME THANOS - by no armor meaning no armor molds for him, but it is Endgame design. Much as like the Trinity vs Thanos scene from the film reason why they made him bald because he took his helmet and put it on the top of his dual bladed sword.

I thought it's IW inaccuracy all over again. I'm relieved.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Nothing confirmed just a concept that lego seems to be doing but not confirmed yet

Thanks for clearing up.

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Huh, how will that look? Absolutely this means we’ll get IW Thanos at some point, but I’m not sure how it will look without any kind of molded armor... on the plus side, it means the arms won’t be limited in motion like the old Thanos mold was.

Also, with the whole “movable head” thing, I feel like LEGO is trying to make the big-fig more LEGO like, more parts and more customizable like a minifig.

Edited by NetherCreeper

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

I think this opens the doors for an IW Thanos down the line

I also hope they reuse the Endgame Thanos arms. Loved the armor printing on that one 

That's how lego works even if they don't reuse it make a new one you could easily swap it out. I think we're getting a far more detailed than the last Thanos we got.

Basically, this design:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F4LB5X4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_H0QNG4K4M90RXF48529W

2 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

This is the part that worries me, he has clearly pronounced shoulder pads, but is the fig only going to have printing to approximate that? I’m not confident that it will look good.

Like falcon said, I think it's still a mock up. I don't think it's intended to go with the same exact drawing. The idea is to show what it could have been with the new head design a pin hole. (Bootleg/KO companies used this already 2 years ago) it can still have the shoulder pads from the previous big figure. Nothing is final. But it make sense that they are following this design, I wouldn't be surprised if they included the helmet, he just took it off in that scene. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Like falcon said, I think it's still a mock up. I don't think it's intended to go with the same exact drawing. The idea is to show what it could have been with the new head design a pin hole. (Bootleg/KO companies used this already 2 years ago) it can still have the shoulder pads from the previous big figure. Nothing is final. But it make sense that they are following this design, I wouldn't be surprised if they included the helmet, he just took it off in that scene. 

That's what I thought, but everyone here is talking about it like it's fact, so I was confused for a bit. I think the Thanos will have armor like the previous ones, but the new system will definitely open up for new things to happen with big figs.

1 minute ago, NetherCreeper said:

That's what I thought, but everyone here is talking about it like it's fact, so I was confused for a bit. I think the Thanos will have armor like the previous ones, but the new system will definitely open up for new things to happen with big figs.

Yeah, this is definitely the future of big figures and I'm glad it started with Thanos. 

39 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah, this is definitely the future of big figures and I'm glad it started with Thanos. 

What if we got the Lizard using this new big fig mold? Or Kingpin? Or hell, Venom?? The possibilities are endless (yes, venom and Lizard were that large in some versions of the comic adaptations lol)

Thanos having a removable head suggests the possibility of removable armor. This would make the base torso mold reusable for other characters. It would also make a post-snap Thanos easier to do.

7 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Thanos having a removable head suggests the possibility of removable armor. This would make the base torso mold reusable for other characters. It would also make a post-snap Thanos easier to do.

This makes so much sense

10 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

By armor you mean vambraces? Or entire armor that will go in to the body of big figure? I cannot imagine that. 

Bootleg/KO did an amazing job with their big figure Thanos mold, removable helmet, head able to rotate, arms does have arm padding aside from the base figure shoulder pads and it also came with vambraces. 

This mold can be used for Farmer Thanos and IW Thanos which is perfect. However, I wish Lego would make all the Thanos variants that we want and then move on to some of the other villains that we're missing (and this is coming from the #1 Thanos fan)

Do we know if they're gonna use a regular minifigure head for the new bigfig system?  Because if they do, that opens the door for so much customization.  Maybe the minifigure Thanos from the sanctuary set and the final battle Thanos will have different face prints so you can swap them out.  At the very least it would be fun to give Thanos all sorts of fun hats and hair.

6 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Do we know if they're gonna use a regular minifigure head for the new bigfig system?  Because if they do, that opens the door for so much customization.  Maybe the minifigure Thanos from the sanctuary set and the final battle Thanos will have different face prints so you can swap them out.  At the very least it would be fun to give Thanos all sorts of fun hats and hair.

Eh, the head would be way too small and look goofy, I hope they don't do that.

Just now, NetherCreeper said:

Eh, the head would be way too small and look goofy, I hope they don't do that.

Agreed. They did it with three bigfigs before and those only worked because all of them had bulky masks. Just a head alone wouldn’t work