Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

With Viking Thor being reused in the Benatar I'm confident the rest of the Guardians, except maybe Groot, will all be updated. Otherwise I really don't see how LEGO could see that set selling well with it's $150 pricetag. 

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

With Viking Thor being reused in the Benatar I'm confident the rest of the Guardians, except maybe Groot, will all be updated. Otherwise I really don't see how LEGO could see that set selling well with it's $150 pricetag. 

At $150, the set should be detailed enough to sell well on its own :wink: If a UCS Star Destroyer can be sold at $700 with 2 less than spectacular minifigs, a $150 Benatar with most of the crew included should do fine

Eurobricks: WE WANT LEGO ASGARD!!!

LEGO: Don't worry, you're getting LEGO Asgard

LEGO Asgard:

21310.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

I mean now that you mentioned it, that would work really well with the NA set :laugh: watch as the secondhand value of it rises because of this. Making a purist fishing coat Valkyrie shouldn't be too hard.

Edited by admiral_typhoon

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Agreed on all accounts, haha. I think the topless would be funny too, but in the end I'm mainly focused on the head, beard and hairpiece.
Hopefully at least the beard and hairpiece will be different from the Endgame Final Battle set.

Regards,
Mitch

It should be different, I think that's the main goal of TLG having two Thor/s for this wave. Lebowski Thor could just use (series 12) Shipwreck Survivor head and beard piece, I can see it happening.

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I can see Quill being reused with Owen's updated face, groot the same thing, Mantis should have different face, a cutie one. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly, mifnigures don't matter here at all.

It's a 150€ Guardians of The Galaxy ship with 1900 pieces and a UCS stand - people who buy this set are either Lego / Marvel collectors, so they'll buy it anyway, or people who want to display a gigantic Lego Marvel ship, so they'll also buy it anyway.

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Honestly, mifnigures don't matter here at all.

It's a 150€ Guardians of The Galaxy ship with 1900 pieces and a UCS stand - people who buy this set are either Lego / Marvel collectors, so they'll buy it anyway, or people who want to display a gigantic Lego Marvel ship, so they'll also buy it anyway.

Agreed.

Endgame Final Battle is the set that "everyone" will buy, Benatar is just a bonus for AFOLs.

13 minutes ago, doclord said:

Agreed.

Endgame Final Battle is the set that "everyone" will buy, Benatar is just a bonus for AFOLs.

I hope that Iron Monger Mayhem set won't be slept on

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

LEGO Asgard:

:grin: :grin: :grin:
That actually wouldn't be too bad, though, if you ask me :tongue:

59 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It should be different, I think that's the main goal of TLG having two Thor/s for this wave. Lebowski Thor could just use (series 12) Shipwreck Survivor head and beard piece, I can see it happening. 

Now that you mention it, I see that happening too. I kinda hope not, though :sceptic:
Then again, a (dark) tan recolor of that piece would be very cool for more generic purposes. But for both Thor versions, I think it's be better if they use the Dumbledore treatment: a seperate hair piece and beard piece.

Regards,
Mitch

19 minutes ago, doclord said:

Agreed.

Speaking of the Endgame final battle set, does anyone expect an updated MK 85 armour or just a repeat of last year's fig

Asides that I'm hyped to get the Captain America fig in that set since it's highly likely that it's the scales suit with the new helmet mold. Asides that only Thor, Thanos and Black Panther interest me because of new printing and the new helmet mold for BP. MCU Wanda's suits pre Wandavision have been bland red civilian clothes so I could care less about her fig

tbh now that they are going back to older films (hopefully for years to come) a Lego Asgard will hopefully be made

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

LEGO Asgard:

21310.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

Maybe we could get another Asgard if LEGO decides to make sets for Thor 1 and The Dark World 

1 minute ago, josh_a_123 said:

tbh now that they are going back to older films (hopefully for years to come) a Lego Asgard will hopefully be made

Exactly my point 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I can see Quill being reused with Owen's updated face, groot the same thing, Mantis should have different face, a cutie one. 

I doubt the shipwreck hair piece would be used. The set description stated that Thor had long hair. The shipwreck piece seems a bit too short 

3 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Speaking of the Endgame final battle set, does anyone expect an updated MK 85 armour or just a repeat of last year's fig

Asides that I'm hyped to get the Captain America fig in that set since it's highly likely that it's the scales suit with the new helmet mold. Asides that only Thor, Thanos and Black Panther interest me because of new printing and the new helmet mold for BP. MCU Wanda's suits pre Wandavision have been bland red civilian clothes so I could care less about her fig

I'm expecting a new one. If we're lucky enough a battle damaged Mark 85 would be really cool. If not an updated figure with arm printing or dual molded legs/arms

Though Wanda have civillian clothes or simple red coat she is one of the most asked figure because of the CW version being inaccurate. I just hope that the new one still have her necklace. That's a must detail. 

4 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Maybe we could get another Asgard if LEGO decides to make sets for Thor 1 and The Dark World 

Exactly my point 

I doubt the shipwreck hair piece would be used. The set description stated that Thor had long hair. The shipwreck piece seems a bit too short 

We're talking about the Lebowski Thor which is included in New Asgard Thor's house. 

Viking Thor should be entirely new mold. 

11 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

:grin: :grin: :grin:
That actually wouldn't be too bad, though, if you ask me :tongue:

Now that you mention it, I see that happening too. I kinda hope not, though :sceptic:
Then again, a (dark) tan recolor of that piece would be very cool for more generic purposes. But for both Thor versions, I think it's be better if they use the Dumbledore treatment: a seperate hair piece and beard piece.

Regards,
Mitch

Either that or hair beard combo mold will be nice as long as it's new. 

MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: WILL THEY INCLUDE A NEW MOLD FOR STORMBREAKER?

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Highly doubt it and I'm honestly surprised you brought it up as you already said you thought reintroducing Star-Lord's helmet was too much to ask for :laugh_hard:

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Meh, I’m fine with the brick-built version. I’d rather they spend their (increased?) budget on new minifig moulds :tongue:

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'd rather get a new mould for Mjölnir.

The one we have is SO underdetailed - no details on the metal itself, no strap, no brown handle etc.

For Stormbreaker you could make a really clever build, I've seen multiple ones that look as good as it can get.

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm expecting a new one. If we're lucky enough a battle damaged Mark 85 would be really cool. If not an updated figure with arm printing or dual molded legs/arms

Though Wanda have civillian clothes or simple red coat she is one of the most asked figure because of the CW version being inaccurate. I just hope that the new one still have her necklace. That's a must detail. 

We're talking about the Lebowski Thor which is included in New Asgard Thor's house. 

Eh, my point still stands, it wouldn't work for either versions of Thor

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah, the Endgame MK 85 we had in 2019 wasn't bad but the plain gold arms made him look like he was in a metal tank top and it just looked weird. I don't mind most of the Iron Man figs having no arm printing but the lack of one for this fig didn't really work

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The one we have is SO underdetailed - no details on the metal itself, no strap, no brown handle etc.

For Stormbreaker you could make a really clever build, I've seen multiple ones that look as good as it can get.

I'm so glad someone has brought this up, Mjonir needs a redesign.

I don't care if there's no strap but the whole hammer being grey since 2012 has been a bummer. A new one with brown handle would suffice. Whether or not the extra details are there, I wouldn't care but the hammer handle is in dire need of a recolor

Phoenix Customs LLCAvengers... Assemble!!!

2 years ago, TLG made the biggest disappointment for Lego Marvel, now they are redeeming theirselves. I just want to share some of my custom minifigures. Mainly the OG6 Endgame version. All of them (minus official Hulk) are PhoenixCustom Bricks and was released in limited quantities. 

I'm happy that we are finally getting MCU Trinity in their Endgame costume. While accuracy and detail wise Lego couldn't keep up with this figures, official still means alot to me. 

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'd be okay if they didn't have a singular mold for it, all I ask is they update it from the last version

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Phoenix Customs LLCAvengers... Assemble!!!

2 years ago, TLG made the biggest disappointment for Lego Marvel, now they are redeeming theirselves. I just want to share some of my custom minifigures. Mainly the OG6 Endgame version. All of them (minus official Hulk) are PhoenixCustom Bricks and was released in limited quantities. 

I'm happy that we are finally getting MCU Trinity in their Endgame costume. While accuracy and detail wise Lego couldn't keep up with this figures, official still means alot to me. 

That MK 85 and Endgame Thor look so good😳😳

The custom MK 85 is proof that it needs some sort of arm printing to work. If not at least have one half of the arm be colored yellow and the other red with no printing if they wanna go the safe route 

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

My earlier (pre-leaks) guess is that they would've made it for the CMF to redeem themselves by giving us detailed endgame figures in it, but now considering the amount of stuff and new moulds we're getting, I doubt it.

1 hour ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

I think they should make a new one, where at least the legs and arms colors match. 

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Completely agree. Its actually just the same hammer mould lego has used in Monster Fighters and other themes. Its not a Mjolnir mould but a general hammer mould reused for Mjolnir. The brown base, the string at the bottom, the detailing around the entire thing, Mjolnir should have its own mould. Hoping if they give us classic Thor in the CMF series he comes with a new mjolner mould.

Edited by cosmic

Here's a question for you guys: do you think Promobricks made a mistake with the minifigs on the Benetar and confused Drax for a Chitauri?

They're both grey, bald figures with a bunch of printing, and its obviously super weird that Lego would shoehorn a villain character into a UCS set and leave out a main character who hasn't been printed in 4 years.