Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Looks like a close-up of a Shang-Chi torso has leaked. If it's real, that's some serious detail. Some of the prints wished for might come true if this is the quality they're putting into Marvel.

Just now, Hulk_Smash said:

Isn’t that Nakia or Okoeye’s torso?

Nope, it's Shang-Chi.

At first I thought it was Wanda from WandaVision.

43 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Looks like a close-up of a Shang-Chi torso has leaked. If it's real, that's some serious detail. Some of the prints wished for might come true if this is the quality they're putting into Marvel.

Doesn’t Shang Chi have red arms?

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope that they don't reuse that awful MK 85 Tony.

I hope they go all out on this minfig and give him dual-molded arms and legs, with leg and arm pritning. The last one had only one of those (not to mention that arms' golden colour clashed with golden on other parts), and it looked absolutely terrible.

Wow, is this the normal consensus for the MK 85 minifigure? I own all of the Iron Man minifigs and it’s one of my favs, for sure (next to MK 47 and MK 5).

10 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

that new torso has a slim female design like most other female minifigs, are we 100% sure that is for Shang Chi?

Looks like his torso to me. The line designs on the sides makes me think the torso doesn’t have a slender build.

Looking at the box art for 76177 it’s definitely Shang-Chi.

13 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Wow, is this the normal consensus for the MK 85 minifigure? I own all of the Iron Man minifigs and it’s one of my favs, for sure (next to MK 47 and MK 5).

Normal? I dunno, but it's mine.

I hate that minfigure.

14 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

If it's the general consensus it's one I personally don't agree with. I think it's a great figure!

14 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Looks like his torso to me. The line designs on the sides makes me think the torso doesn’t have a slender build.

Looking at the box art for 76177 it’s definitely Shang-Chi.

Well it’s ok figure, but nothing amazing, like Silver Centurion. I think that should be golden standard for Iron Man minifigs.

24 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

that new torso has a slim female design like most other female minifigs, are we 100% sure that is for Shang Chi?

You can also see female hair in the background as well which is the same colour as Wanda’s

30 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

If you look at the polybag you can see the exact same wastelines. The arms are a bit confusing but this 100% Shang-Chi's torso.

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well it’s ok figure, but nothing amazing, like Silver Centurion. I think that should be golden standard for Iron Man minifigs.

I think the Silver Centurion is a beautiful and I know for a fact that I’m in the vast minority here but I think they kind of overdid the printing for me. 😬

I got lucky with the Silver Centurion. I checked out my local GameStop a year after the game’s release and they were getting ready to throw them out so I snagged all of them. I was able to trade those for other MCU sets I had missed in the past.

6 minutes ago, Stock223 said:

You can also see female hair in the background as well which is the same colour as Wanda’s

Does the polybag have those color of arms?

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you look at the polybag you can see the exact same wastelines. The arms are a bit confusing but this 100% Shang-Chi's torso.

Sorry my above question was meant for Guyon2002. Damn mobile devices sometimes..

2 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Does the polybag have those color of arms?

Nope, they're red. But the torso is definitely Shang-Chi's.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, they're red. But the torso is definitely Shang-Chi's.

I agree ☝️ 

I thought maybe they’d pull a Mandarin and make his arms different in the cheaper set lol or maybe Shang-Chi had a sleeveless moment in the movie, like Thor in Infinity War and pretty much every movie Thor is in.

Edited by Moon_Knight

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thought it would be neat to look at what we could realistically get in terms of new printing, molds and recolored pieces: 

76186 Black Panther Dragon Flyer
T'Challa - new helmet and new head
Shuri - new head, new torso and cloth piece (confirmed)
Chitauri - reuse

76189 Captain America and Hydra Face-Off
Cap - new torso
Hydra soldier - new head and new torso

76190 Iron Man: Iron Monger Mayhem
Tony - new torso and new legs
Obadiah - new torso and possibly new head
Pepper - new torso

76192 Avengers Endgame: Final Battle
Ant-Man microfigure - reuse
Cap - new torso
Tony - reuse
Thor - new beard/hair mold and new torso
Wanda - recolored hairpiece, new torso and cloth piece
Black Panther - same as 76186
Chitauri - reuse
Thanos - idk what to expect

76193 Benatar
Quill - new torso and Owens face
Groot - reuse
Rocket - already seen it
Thor - new beard/hair mold and new torso (different from 76192)
Mantis - reuse, maybe new torso?
Chitauri - reuse

76200 Sanctuary II
Tony - reuse
Captain Marvel - hair recolor and new torso
Thanos - new torso

U think the black panther set would be set in the Black Panther movie but with a chitauri added?

Like how the iron man armoury set was based off Iron Man 3 but had two outriders in?

1 minute ago, BusterNut31 said:

U think the black panther set would be set in the Black Panther movie but with a chitauri added?

Like how the iron man armoury set was based off Iron Man 3 but had two outriders in?

it wasn't based on Iron Man 3, the only element from iron man 3 was the Igor suit. The original "endgame" wave was pretty inaccurate overall.

5 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Not at all but Black Panthers torso print was completely fine for IW and Endgame so I don't see a reason not to reuse it. Although I'm also of the opinion that a new helmet mold for BP is unnecessary, especially if they keep Golden Jaguar outdated. 

49 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Its black material on the sides of Shang Chi's design that makes it look like that. 

Just now, BusterNut31 said:

Its black material on the sides of Shang Chi's design that makes it look like that. 

the arms were throwing me off too. If we don't get an MCU Wanda in her comic outfit then that torso would be perfect for her 

6 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

it wasn't based on Iron Man 3, the only element from iron man 3 was the Igor suit. The original "endgame" wave was pretty inaccurate overall.

And Dum-E wearing the white dunce hat.

That wave seem like a bunch of stuff thrown together to make a line of sets ready for the release of the film and that I understand.

I'm asking cause spreading out bad guys over a few sets seem part of the budget for a wave. Just thinking that it would be great to get another Black Panther set but I don't want the chitauri there.

28 minutes ago, Stock223 said:

wait isn't this the pic of the mock up of pieces to make Wanda's new outfit. Its clear that this person has that Shang Chi set and used his torso. It's not a "leaked" figure. Just a closer look at the Shang Chi torso out of the box.

5 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

the arms were throwing me off too. If we don't get an MCU Wanda in her comic outfit then that torso would be perfect for her 

I agree yeah the torso is as close as you can get to her new costume. LEGO purists take note.

6 hours ago, doclord said:

Harry Potter has been vastly reduced this year as has DC, and there aren’t many new themes like MK eating the mold budget. This is very purposefully looking like a detail oriented Marvel wave.

True, I forgot about no more DC. But you know even the Eternals set has more effort put in then last years DC wave.

For many figures I dont know even how they get around new designs - as the last figurs were released quite a few years ago.

All Im saying: Don't expect arm printing or dual molding. If its comming (like the beskar Mando): AWESOME. And if many figures are lackluster or reuses in the end: it would still be a more decent wave than what we got so far.

A small hope is that there will be many new molds and prints due to the CMF. It's like putting the terrible Harry Potter figures next to the highly detailed CMF's.

On 3/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, BusterNut31 said:

@SpiderJazz , @Guyon2002 , @Falconfan1414 , @Scarilian I wanted to ask you guys about what kinda scene we will see on the Endgame final battle box.

Let me know your thoughts?

I'd guess it would be the trio facing off against Thanos. Scarlet Witch facing off against the Chitauri. Black Panther running through the segment of Avengers Compound towards the van with the Red Gauntlet - Ant-Man microfig would be coming out of a portal in the back of the van ready to take the Gauntlet into the Quantum Realm to get it away from Thanos (Or he's arriving on scene to help)

7 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Shuri only had the specific outfit with face dots during the Black Panther movie, so it'd be mostly based on that I think. Chitauri could just be added for play (An opponent for them to fight) and to sorta tie it in.

17 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

One scene that I hope gets a set in the future is the final battle at Stark Expo from Iron Man 2.  Ideally, such a set would include Iron Man Mark 6, War Machine Mark 1, Whiplash Mark 2, and four Hammer Drones (one of each military branch variant: Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps)  I can only keep my fingers crossed that these Infinity Saga sets sell well enough that LEGO is willing to continue revisiting older movies.

It would be neat to have a few of the Hammer Drones, but feel they don't have much appeal as they did not really have interesting scenes other than the introduction and the stand-off, then they got blown up pretty quickly. Would prefer giving us Iron Man helmets for them and just having those be four new variant suits for Iron Man figure collections.

Whiplash Mark 2 was a kinda bland design honestly, it's primarily a variant of the Hammer Army Drone suit with some changes. I'm not particularly interested in a figure of it for the sake of replicating movie scenes when it had about 1 minute 30 seconds of screentime and most of it was maskless. It'd be something to say that I've got all variants of the Iron Man MCU villains, but I doubt it'd be a figure I'd be desperate for. Maybe Lego can make the design more visually appealing, but even with full printing it seems like a difficult task.
dc2q60h-26b85a70-c9d4-4035-a59d-e42ece7c

Edited by Scarilian

18 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Shuri only had the specific outfit with face dots during the Black Panther movie, so it'd be mostly based on that I think. Chitauri could just be added for play (An opponent for them to fight) and to sorta tie it in.

Could just be me but I'm pretty sure her battle outfit in Endgame is almost exactly the same as the one she wore in BP. Definitely had face dots in both films.

48 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me but I'm pretty sure her battle outfit in Endgame is almost exactly the same as the one she wore in BP. Definitely had face dots in both films.

You are right, i checked as she has the exact same outfit she wore at the final fight against killmonger. (White face dots included)