Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

@Falconfan1414 Do you know about ANY Marvel set(s) coming that we don't know about? A set that regular people like most of us here don't know exists, but yet you know (at least) that it does.

There might be one

Falcon, is not the type of guy to confirm things he already know. Plus I saw his instagram story he is taking a break. I know we're eager to know more, I myself too.

But for me, I think there is still upcoming set/s aside from those that is confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

There might be one

And I believe this is where Korg will be included. 

29 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Falcon, is not the type of guy to confirm things he already know. Plus I saw his instagram story he is taking a break. I know we're eager to know more, I myself too.

But for me, I think there is still upcoming set/s aside from those that is confirmed.

And I believe this is where Korg will be included. 

It may not necessarily be avengers based. And I'm sure there is more than one set that the majority of people don't know (myself included). I would love to know where korg will appear. Can't wait for official reveals 

Edited by Trainfan20

8 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

It may not necessarily be avengers based. I'm not sure where korg will appear

Can you shed some light regarding that? If not, it's understandable. 

19 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Can you shed some light regarding that? If not, it's understandable. 

(I edited my post). Its underwhelming 

Edited by Trainfan20

1 hour ago, Trainfan20 said:

It may not necessarily be avengers based. And I'm sure there is more than one set that the majority of people don't know (myself included). I would love to know where korg will appear. Can't wait for official reveals 

are you another leaker?

On 3/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, Brickroll said:

prepare for my terrible list
Iron Man—

that dude that dies with the terrorists - who?

Captain America—

Young Cap - prefer to see a design this civilian in a legacy set

Bucky - again, prefer to see him in a legacy set would rather the cmf get costumed designs over civilian figures. He would at best come in his military uniform

Baron Zola - you mean Armin? I see him being made as a computer screen before him ever getting his own figure

Red Skull but without the skull - I could see this transformation in a legacy set with the below figure, unlikely for the cmf series tho

Stanley Gucci’s character - Dr Abraham, I could see him coming in a legacy set for the super soldier syrum along with young scrawny cap and red skull pre transition

Hulk

Never seen this, but I think we need Ross and Liv Tyler’s character - I could see this in a legacy set with abomination. After the news of the Iron Man1 set I’d say this is feasible. Again just a civilian if she were put in the cmf series

Iron Man 2

Happy - probably in a legacy set, just a guy in a tux when it comes down to it and I’m doubtful Lego would produce a new face or tux print for him so unfortunately I’d say this is a character you’re gonna have to make purist bc Lego isn’t known to make new prints for face and body for every new figure and a supporting character white man in a tux is likely to just recycle other pieces so getting him officially would likely make no difference anyways, sorry

Whiplash - $15 legacy set with a car and Iron Man figure seems much more likely. I would enjoy him in the cmf however this one makes sense

never seen Thor 1 or 2 

I’ll add to this then;

•Laufey - King of the Frost Giants, an MCU Asgard D2C would be preferable but his design is interesting enough to appear in the cmf

•Jane Foster/Darcy - Asgard D2C preferably and most likely

•Sif - preferably Asgard but I could see her making a good cmf figure

• Warriors 3: Hogun/Fandral/Volstagg - Asgard again but would make decent additions to a cmf series

•Odin/Frigga - both more likely in an Asgard set but I only really see Odin possibly showing up in the cmf series

Avengers

the scientist guy Loki possesses - don’t count on a new lab coat print or face for a generic character don’t expect this nor need this

Iron Man 3

better Aldrich Killian - fair request but more likely in a legacy set depicting the final battle scene at the docks

Jim Rash cameo—we need the community characters some way, and half of them are in the MCU—I’m going to add them to this list - unlikely and unnecessary 

Winter Soldier

Falcon in casual clothes - this is literally a civilian figure? I’m sorry just put falcons head on a civilian outfit you’d rather get Anthony Mackie in jeans over a comic book version of say, Ant-Man? This is exactly the type of idea that makes an MCU cmf sound boring to me

Robert Redford - Alexander Pierce is a blonde man in a tuxedo highly doubt any pieces on him will have new print so you’re better off mocing the figure

Rumlow - we already got Lego crossbones and similar to characters like Deadshot and Death-stroke I don’t think its likely lego will make a figure for their unmasked version. If given a new face print it’d be useful

Dani Pudi’s security guard

AOU

Helen Cho - I think we’ll most likely get her when the AoU Avengers Tower gets a legacy remake or when we get an MCU Stark Tower D2C. She is more interesting than other civilians you suggested and by civilian I don’t always mean their roles were civilian  just that the outfit they would come with is not “super” by any means.

GOTG

Nova Prime - this makes sense in a cmf series wouldn’t be so mad at it

The collector - legacy set pls, but he makes sense in the cmf I’ll give you that

that other guy in the nova corps - ??

Ant Man!!!

Darren Cross - bald man in a blue suit boring basic and again unlikely to qualify for any new prints considering how lazy lego is

Hank Pym - legacy set most likely and preferably

Cassie - don’t see her being made anytime soon CMF or not but she would make sense in a legacy set

Scott Lang Casual - you’d want Scott Lang in jeans and a button up shirt over a comic book version of, I don’t know the X-Men appearing in the cmf series? We all have our opinions but civilian versions of heroes is exactly the type of idea that makes me vomit at the thought of an MCU cmf series but I guess I’m in the minority on this page

Hope - considering we already got Wasp this sounds like another civilian inclusion and again for a cmf series that may possibly only have 12 figures the last thing I want is a slot being taken up by a brunette woman in some shorts and a sweater, this is a superhero line and thats not the type of design I want to see represented and you can feel free to argue with me on that

Luis - his design is “unique” enough that maybe we’ll get new prints for him but again I and I think other fans and even Lego themselves are very selective with who gets a slot in this series. We have decades of comics for dozens of teams and thousands of heroes as well as decades of cartoons cinematic content to choose from a supporting character with a new york cap and a jacket and some jeans is not at all what i think needs to be represented in the cmf series again this is a really bad inclusion but I wouldn’t mind him in a legacy set or character pick. What I’m hearing is the MCU fans want to see supporting roles represented and while I get that we need to keep in mind the likelihood of such small characters in such generic clothing receiving new prints and if thats even worth getting an official release if the prints are just reused anyways

Black Panther—still haven’t seen this or Doctor Strange - both have cast members who would be well represented in legacy sets but I’m open to the idea of some appearing in the cmf series granted their designs are interesting enough

Civil War—Secretary ross

Homecoming

Flash - character pack most likely

Liz- Spiderman character pack like what we got with pork grind this year sounds preferable

GotG2

Ego - I’d prefer him in a legacy set but in a cmf series or even a polybag are also still on tbe table

Kraglin - very much see him being made in a legacy set 

Ant Man and the Wasp!!!

Luis again

Bill Foster - black man in a blue suit this is again too pedestrian to take up a cmf slot but I don’t deny he’s a character worth getting so I’ll say maybe a character pack but certainly too boring for the cmf series

Janet - in what costume?

Infinity War—relatively well covered

Captain Marvel

Jude Law and the other Kree - I’d love that scene in a legacy set! With the Kree people hiding on the ship, but there’s too many of those family members for just one or multiple to appear in a cmf series. I do see this being produced down the line however

Endgame

You know everyone, it’s all been discussed here

also, Ken Jeong’s cameo and Yvette Nicole Brown’s character 

Homecoming

mysterio no mask - assuming the rest of the costume is the same, unless lego includes a spare head for him in the new set this is almost guaranteed never to happen

Same deal with Wandavision as Endgame - I’d like to see a Wandavision set covering the newer designs, the show has a bit to choose from and its too much to include in the cmf and represent appropriately but I’m open to this show receiving a set down the line

This list is by no means complete, but I figured I would give it a shot

I left little notes next to every suggestion you made. Some characters (like Red Skull end game cloaked, the Warriors 3, Sif, Odin, and Whiplash) I agree with you are good MCU decisions to be made in the cmf. Others, namely the supporting roles of non heroes I disagreed with. But I tried my best to not be closed minded and was actually pretty open to some of your suggestions being included in the cmf series. I even added ideas for the Thor movies and admitted some of these characters could be produced. We just disagreed with what ideas are compelling enough for the cmf Series and thats fine. I stand firm that some of these choices are way too boring and pedestrian for a superhero series but they are still worth making. I even agreed a fair share should come in the series. Interested to hear if others agree with me than characters like Pierce and Bill Foster are not super enough to come in the cmf series or if other MCU fans agree they want a cmf series composed of civilian versions of our favorite heroes and supporting characters in business suits. Personally I want SUPERHEROES in my cmf series but to each his own. Hehe

Edited by cosmic

I got the Hell Charger set and it's amazing. The flames and the Minifigures and cost is amazing. Very glad Lego made it. 

One scene that I hope gets a set in the future is the final battle at Stark Expo from Iron Man 2.  Ideally, such a set would include Iron Man Mark 6, War Machine Mark 1, Whiplash Mark 2, and four Hammer Drones (one of each military branch variant: Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps)  I can only keep my fingers crossed that these Infinity Saga sets sell well enough that LEGO is willing to continue revisiting older movies.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

I left little notes next to every suggestion you made. Some characters (like Red Skull end game cloaked, the Warriors 3, Sif, Odin, and Whiplash) I agree with you are good MCU decisions to be made in the cmf. Others, namely the supporting roles of non heroes I disagreed with. But I tried my best to not be closed minded and was actually pretty open to some of your suggestions being included in the cmf series. I even added ideas for the Thor movies and admitted some of these characters could be produced. We just disagreed with what ideas are compelling enough for the cmf Series and thats fine. I stand firm that some of these choices are way too boring and pedestrian for a superhero series but they are still worth making. I even agreed a fair share should come in the series. Interested to hear if others agree with me than characters like Pierce and Bill Foster are not super enough to come in the cmf series or if other MCU fans agree they want a cmf series composed of civilian versions of our favorite heroes and supporting characters in business suits. Personally I want SUPERHEROES in my cmf series but to each his own. Hehe

Okay, first off, thanks for the Thor suggestions.

Second off, your notes about Bill Foster reminded me that a comics version would be amazing, even though I have little interest in reading them.

Thirdly, the Community characters were added as a joke, but it was also a point about how many there were. 

Fourthly, I’m going to start using numbers now.

5–I have no idea why, but casual characters almost always interest me more than suited up characters. Maybe it’s because they spend much more time in regular outfits than their battle outfits, but they make a lot sense to me.

6–Pierce. I get that he would be somewhat boring, but he is a pretty big villain missing, and the lack of Robert Redford as a LEGO character is a crime.

7–these wouldn’t have to be in a cmf, it’s more just a list of missing characters. 

8–the GotG character is Rhoman Dey, the Iron Man character I think is Ho Yinsen

9–in the lightest timeline, we would have all these characters and the comics ones covered, and maybe we would be asking about that Dani Pudi security guard, that has had more film screen time than some SW UCS sets.

10–I think the ultimate kind of sets would be Marvel Verse sets, with both MCU and comics based characters, along with the X Men, Maguire, Garfield, and both F4 franchises. That would never happen, but it would be amazing, and it would appease everyone.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay, thanks to @Legofania's attention we have a confirmed August set. The same guy who leaked those minfigures reposted this piece of information:

76395 (the 30€ August set) is actually named Hogwarts Moments: Flying Class. It includes Madam Hooch and 2 students.

That is certainly what I'd call disappointing.

That's very disappointing. I was hoping for Asgard

52 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

That's very disappointing. I was hoping for Asgard

Well, not this time. I hope the unknown student is Korg.

Thought it would be neat to look at what we could realistically get in terms of new printing, molds and recolored pieces: 

76186 Black Panther Dragon Flyer
T'Challa - new helmet and new head
Shuri - new head, new torso and cloth piece (confirmed)
Chitauri - reuse

76189 Captain America and Hydra Face-Off
Cap - new torso
Hydra soldier - new head and new torso

76190 Iron Man: Iron Monger Mayhem
Tony - new torso and new legs
Obadiah - new torso and possibly new head
Pepper - new torso

76192 Avengers Endgame: Final Battle
Ant-Man microfigure - reuse
Cap - new torso
Tony - reuse
Thor - new beard/hair mold and new torso
Wanda - recolored hairpiece, new torso and cloth piece
Black Panther - same as 76186
Chitauri - reuse
Thanos - idk what to expect

76193 Benatar
Quill - new torso and Owens face
Groot - reuse
Rocket - already seen it
Thor - new beard/hair mold and new torso (different from 76192)
Mantis - reuse, maybe new torso?
Chitauri - reuse

76200 Sanctuary II
Tony - reuse
Captain Marvel - hair recolor and new torso
Thanos - new torso

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, not this time. I hope the unknown student is Korg.

I hope the other is Noobmaster69

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

List

I really hope that they don't reuse that awful MK 85 Tony.

I hope they go all out on this minfig and give him dual-molded arms and legs, with leg and arm pritning. The last one had only one of those (not to mention that arms' golden colour clashed with golden on other parts), and it looked absolutely terrible.

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I hope the other is Noobmaster69

That would be dope! Or maybe Miek.

Does anyone else think the Daily Bugle will be the next D2C officially revealed by Lego? Nowadays, Lego typically has a press release for a big set every 2-4 weeks and I think the Bugle could be next. The next UCS Star Wars set is in May, Ideas just had a set revealed and Creator Expert isn’t getting another set for a while. Unless the Super Mario or Harry Potter D2C set is revealed next, I think we could get a Bugle reveal in the next week or 2.

3 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Does anyone else think the Daily Bugle will be the next D2C officially revealed by Lego? Nowadays, Lego typically has a press release for a big set every 2-4 weeks and I think the Bugle could be next. The next UCS Star Wars set is in May, Ideas just had a set revealed and Creator Expert isn’t getting another set for a while. Unless the Super Mario or Harry Potter D2C set is revealed next, I think we could get a Bugle reveal in the next week or 2.

LEGO tends to do very late D2C reveals as of late so I wouldn't count on a reveal until we're much closer to it's release. 

4 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Too soom for a set releasing in May, IMO.

Maybe in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Too soom for a set releasing in May, IMO.

Maybe in a few weeks.

Oh was it confirmed to be releasing in May or is that just speculation? You don’t think an early April reveal for mid April release is feasible?

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Rumors suggest an April release, not May.

Excuse me what the hell this is the best news ever

8 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Oh was it confirmed to be releasing in May or is that just speculation? You don’t think an early April reveal for mid April release is feasible?

Okay, apparently I got it wrong. Yeah, early April sounds about right, then!

Not to offend anyone - but dont forget TLG has limited ressources. Last time they did stuff for Marvel, I think there was like 1 new mold and except for some new torso and face prints - barely anything beyond.

People here now want any kind of detail. Even if Lego took ressources from (for example) Star Wars - they could not just magically make more than staff and factories allow them to make. Which means not any figure will get the best treatment. I love to be proofen wrong but don't get super dissapointed and then trash the company for your wishes...

They seem to already have put many ressources into Eternals, Raya and also a bit into Shang Chi.

Just now, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Not to offend anyone - but dont forget TLG has limited ressources. Last time they did stuff for Marvel, I think there was like 1 new mold and except for some new torso and face prints - barely anything beyond.

Harry Potter has been vastly reduced this year as has DC, and there aren’t many new themes like MK eating the mold budget. This is very purposefully looking like a detail oriented Marvel wave.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Harry Potter has been vastly reduced this year as has DC, and there aren’t many new themes like MK eating the mold budget. This is very purposefully looking like a detail oriented Marvel wave.

I wouldn't say Harry Potter has been vastly reduced, this year we're actually getting the biggest number of sets since the fresh start for this theme.