Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

Personally, I didn't enjoy either the climactic battle or the villain in Iron Man (as for Jeff Bridges, I had to look him up).

Mind you, I found the Marvel films as a whole to be lacklustre until about halfway through, so I'm probably not the main target for these sets! :pir-laugh:

I only started paying attention and collecting Marvel LEGO after Age of Ultron. Marvel took its time to grow on me.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Final Battle from biggest movie ever with 6 superheroes and new Thanos?

Set based on the movie that started the biggest franchsie ever?

A nearly-2000 pieces Guardians of The Galaxy ship?

A $10 Captain America with possibly WW2 setting?

How is that even slightly lackluster? I suppose you're not a Marvel fan, aren't you?

Lets all just enjoy the new set news people...

14 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

@SpiderJazz and @NetherCreeper, you are definitely right, but for me the Van is the main attraction and the figs are a bonus. I was just concerned about getting a weird set. 
On another note, will we finally get all the infinity (infinitude) gems in one set? That gimmick drove me crazy...I still don’t have the mind stone, which I suppose is fitting, given it’s the last one he collects.

Yeah, but maybe, like you said before, we can combine these, if not intentionally, then with the parts of the two. After all, it is LEGO, so we can make it better!

About the stones, that set better have them all, it would be silly if it didn’t, especially since it’s the only set this wave with any at all. I have them all, but I know that not everyone was able to do so, and with the other sets being retired, if they don’t all come in here then there’s really no way for a new collector to get them all without resorting to used sets.

6 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Underground compound? It would be a good place to fit a couple of outriders, Patriot, Ronin, and maybe Giant Man or Hulk.

Such a set could also be an opportunity to include Gamora and Nebula.  There really are a lot of potential sets and minifigures that we could still get from Endgame's final battle alone now that I think about it.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Iron Monger should have some sort of a new head/cockpit - dome piece would look weird for him.

Captain America broken shield? Thor hair and beard combination should be new. And if we're lucky enough maybe a new minifig sized nano gauntlet for Mark 85 and his starfish back attachment.

Someone already mentioned the bigfigure with minifigure head in other themes that is able to turnheads, do you think we will get something similar for Thanos or an entire new body mold? 

For new printing, it should be Scarlet Witch IW/EG suit, I hope for a leg printing, it's needed in her costume. 

Teenage Groot, Mantis and Starlord should be new printing too. Probably new face printing reactions.

Carol in the Sanctuary II set should have her Endgame outfit with the altered color scheme. 

35 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I have this in my mind the moment I saw the information but for what it's worth the minifigure selection alone is a reason to buy this set. Bonus the Van! 

Same feeling.

Yeah I was thinking that too but I think its partial building. half destroyed hence the smaller piece count. 

Any sign that there are portal builds?!?

can someone point out what the difference between Wanda's IW and CW costumes? Not saying she doesn't deserve a new fig or anything (4 years is way too long), just don't really see any differences between the costumes besides maybe her hair color, but that doesn't really count imo

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This is a scene in Endgame right? Argh but where does Ronin and Patriot fit in all of this. 

The end battle is large...I could see them releasing another set later in the year. Two sets - one big battle. they could even show how the sets connect like the Harry Potter sets. That set could include ronin, korg, iron patriot, wasp and valkyrie with pegasus.

7 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Someone already mentioned the bigfigure with minifigure head in other themes that is able to turnheads, do you think we will get something similar for Thanos or an entire new body mold? 

Could a removable head mean bigfig bodywear? If Thanos' armor would be removable, then a bigfig body could be used across multiple characters.

5 minutes ago, Surge said:

can someone point out what the difference between Wanda's IW and CW costumes? Not saying she doesn't deserve a new fig or anything (4 years is way too long), just don't really see any differences between the costumes besides maybe her hair color, but that doesn't really count imo

Pretty sure there's no difference, but the CW figure was based on concept art, so this new figure will actually accurately represent her costume

I'm honestly just expecting Iron Monger to use the Mk1 helmet, but it might end up looking comically small if promobricks is correct in saying it looks like the hulkbusters.

Other than a new thanos design with turning head, I think the Battle set will have an exclusive broken Cap shield, and the long haired thors in the sets will have a new beard mould. Not sure if I can see them having either gauntlets or that chima fist piece as a minifig nano gauntlet.

5 minutes ago, Surge said:

in the films no, there is no difference. her hair changed yes cause she was on the run with vision so im sure Natasha told her to change her hair color just like black widow did.

In Lego, CW wanda has a concept design that wasn't used for the film. so the outfit she has in CW, IW and Endgame has never been made in lego form.

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

I've watched all the films multiple times, if that counts, though Marvel is not my favourite media. Anyway, of the four sets you went through I already said I love two of them and I've already explained my issue with another. As for the Captain America set, if it was WWII based that would definitely change my view - but I find it hard to get excited about 4+ sets in general.

But anyway, nobody who voiced their dislike for the new Harry Potter sets is accused of not being a Harry Potter fan. Same for Star Wars. Is it really unfathomable that somebody could like the media franchise but not absolutely adore every single set announced for the Lego theme?

I'm not saying you're not allowed to dislike those set, but saying that the selection is lackluster is really weird tho.

I understand that you didn't like the "fight scene between robots", but that doesn't change the fact that TONS of people wanted this set and them finally making it shouldn't be considered "lackluster". Just say that this set is not for you.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not saying you're not allowed to dislike those set, but saying that the selection is lackluster is really weird tho.

I understand that you didn't like the "fight scene between robots", but that doesn't change the fact that TONS of people wanted this set and them finally making it shouldn't be considered "lackluster". Just say that this set is not for you.

Okay, these sets are lackluster for me. Happy?

5 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I'm honestly just expecting Iron Monger to use the Mk1 helmet, but it might end up looking comically small if promobricks is correct in saying it looks like the hulkbusters.

Other than a new thanos design with turning head, I think the Battle set will have an exclusive broken Cap shield, and the long haired thors in the sets will have a new beard mould. Not sure if I can see them having either gauntlets or that chima fist piece as a minifig nano gauntlet.

A new piece with printed in similar details for Mark 1 lego helmet works for me but not exactly the same. Argh that chima fist I hate, it won't be accurate but I can see them doing it. Why have you mentioned it now I'm worried! Lmao. 

Do you think Thor's hair and beard will be seperate piece? I'm thinking a combined piece altogether.

As for his belly, it'll be just printed no actual molding for it my guess.

These sets are such a monumental upgrade from the drudgery of the past few years that I'm not inclined to nitpick about much at all.

I still can't believe we're finally getting an Endgame final battle after years of hoping in vain. It wouldn't have been out of possibility for Lego to just do another Square Enix wave.

Thank you Lego, thank you so much for listening to the fans. Let's just hope these are amazing as they sound.

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Is Korg listed anywhere in the new set info?

If not we are missng a set

Nope, not listed in any of this new set information.

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

A new piece with printed in similar details for Mark 1 lego helmet works for me but not exactly the same. Argh that chima fist I hate, it won't be accurate but I can see them doing it. Why have you mentioned it now I'm worried! Lmao. 

Do you think Thor's hair and beard will be seperate piece? I'm thinking a combined piece altogether.

As for his belly, it'll be just printed no actual molding for it my guess.

I'd want separate hair/beard just to have some more options for minifigs, but hair combos have been done before so I'd say a small part of me expects them.

Everyone points at that one dwarf from the Hobbit sets as a reference on how they could do the belly. My guess is that they could do a similar thing here, with the connection point actually being the neck (assuming they don't combine the hair) and the belly being "smooth" so they could print on it - the Battle set having the armor print and the Benatar set having the "big Lebowski" clothes.

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

The real question is will Thor get 2 different hairpieces for his Bro and Viking outfits. 

2 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I'd want separate hair/beard just to have some more options for minifigs, but hair combos have been done before so I'd say a small part of me expects them.

Everyone points at that one dwarf from the Hobbit sets as a reference on how they could do the belly. My guess is that they could do a similar thing here, with the connection point actually being the neck (assuming they don't combine the hair) and the belly being "smooth" so they could print on it - the Battle set having the armor print and the Benatar set having the "big Lebowski" clothes.

Though those are 2 different hairstyles and also even the facial hair is different, the final battle is with a braided beard and looking like viking hair, while the other one is just plain looking combination of beard and hair like a hobo.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The real question is will Thor get 2 different hairpieces for his Bro and Viking outfits. 

You beat me into it! I just posted!

22 hours ago, hvader said:

We're finally getting an accurate Shuri. I need her costume from Black Panther and Endgame. 

I do too. I didn’t buy the circus Blaine thresher stack because I didn’t have the budget. )

and for the captain America 4+set, you better pick up the phone, because I CALLED it.

Edited by HRC
Edit: stupid apple slide-to type. Typo.