Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

WE ALL BETTER BUY THE MCU LEGACY SETS LIKE CRAZY!

I'm fully with you. Already planning to buy 1 copy of each set, maybe even 2 copies of the BP and Final Battle sets (only if the latter includes a large Leviathan build). 

2 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

When i saw the news of the updated shuri fig i thought “i already updated my fig with the computer girl from series 19”

then i realised that she could replace wanda yet again. she replaced wanda in the thresher attack set from infinity war!

I think it's more likely to be based on Black Panther than Endgame, which means Wanda wouldn't be included anyway. One hope I do still have for this set is a Golden Jaguar remake with the same new headmold that T'Challa will get. 

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Would definitely be nice to see but besides Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s canon status being very questionable it's also quite easy to make the characters with existing parts: 

Reveal hidden contents

20210225_144224.jpg

There are many other characters that would be a better fit for a CMF.

I guess, but still would be nice though.

11 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

When i saw the news of the updated shuri fig i thought “i already updated my fig with the computer girl from series 19”

then i realised that she could replace wanda yet again. she replaced wanda in the thresher attack set from infinity war!

Ill pledge to this cause! Im already planning to buy two dragon fly sets for my black panther and endgame display!

Not that i dont love shuri! Im very happy that we are getting a new updated fig! And i loved her orange outfit. It was very accurate to the scene. I just thought it funny that wandas role in infinity war was much larger and she actually engaged in stopping the thresher blades but no...she was just skipped over.   

11 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

she was passed over twice! She went up against thanos twice?!? 

we need a list of characters from these summer sets pronto!!!!! So i can rip off the bandage and dont get my hopes up. Aaargh

WE ALL BETTER BUY THE MCU LEGACY SETS LIKE CRAZY!

I completely agree. We both know Wanda isn't guaranteed in this set that's why I can't tell to myself that it's safe to assume, they did leave her twice and I can see it happening again. Hopefully I'm completely wrong.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Exactly this ^

We have to unite to make Marvel one of 2021's best selling themes so we get more Legacy sets for years to come.

True, and I think by doing that there's a big chance of us getting full wave of previous MCU films. 

2 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Not that i dont love shuri! Im very happy that we are getting a new updated fig! And i loved her orange outfit. It was very accurate to the scene. I just thought it funny that wandas role in infinity war was much larger and she actually engaged in stopping the thresher blades but no...she was just skipped over.   

More and more minifigure information leaking and I'm really starting to lose hope for an updated Wanda, coz I bet we will get some variations of the Trinity (cash cow characters) than her

36 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

More and more minifigure information leaking and I'm really starting to lose hope for an updated Wanda, coz I bet we will get some variations of the Trinity (cash cow characters) than her

Well I mean Wnada has a chance to appear in only 2 sets - Endgame final battle and unknown Endgame set.

We have no idea what minifgures come in those, except for one bigfig and Korg.

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well I mean Wnada has a chance to appear in only 2 sets - Endgame final battle and unknown Endgame set.

Will that be a bigfig of Groot by any chance? 
Edit: oh it was Thanos, wasnt it?

Edited by Borex

Just now, Borex said:

It's an Endgame set so that wouldn't make any sense.

38 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You might consider Rocket too as we don't know if it comes in the Benatar.

I'm hoping that this will clear up soon.

3 minutes ago, Borex said:

Edit: oh it was Thanos, wasnt it?

Groot? Not gonna happen.

I am genuinely shocked by the D2C info. Like what is the interior of the Bugle going to be? Just a bunch of desks/offices?

13 hours ago, Borex said:

The Daily Bugle. 
i love it! This could be a real great set. I hope that it fits the modular line.

Anyway, i expect first of all the key figures of the Bugle JJJ, Robbie, Betty Brant, PP with bagpack to stash his clothes in (or some function to do that). Cool Bugle figs would be Ned Leeds, Ben Urich, and Eddy Brock just to fill up the office. 
Figs that would be cool and also related to the bugle would be Scorpion, the Human Fly, some Spider Slayers (preferably with JJJ’s face printed on a tile), Man-Wolf (JJJ’s son) and Puma. We already have the Scorpion so i expect him to be in the set :-(

i think they’ll give us May and MJ just for more random figs, and a newspaper seller with of course some cool new spidey related prints.

i expect the classic sinister six as villains. Classic Electro, Kraven, Vulture with maybe new wings/arms, Sandman and Doc Ock and Green Goblin. But I hope they won’t give us the sinistsr six, but the sinister syndicate with Shocker, classic beetle, Hydro-Man, bigfig Rhino, Boomerang and Speeddemon. That would be all new figs we never had!

I know i went a bit old school, so there probably will be some newer stuff like the  multiverse spiderman comics in it as well, and more ladies (maybe black cat or silver sable)

Anyway can’t wait for the pictures

I think this a great to describe what we could expect from this set. I wont just be offices etc

7 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

I am genuinely shocked by the D2C info. Like what is the interior of the Bugle going to be? Just a bunch of desks/offices?

I'm curious about this. 

Maybe a printing press, darkroom or a broadcasting setup of some kind? 

2 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I'm curious about this. 

Yeah all of that seems plausible plus an office for JJJ, reception area, etc. It just all seems so mundane for a big 3000 piece superheroes set. Like I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bugle itself isn’t the entire build and there’s a smaller building like a bank included in the set to add extra playability. 

1 minute ago, SEmrys said:

I'm curious about this. 

I imagine there will be a reception area of some kind for the ground floor. There would have to be a main office room for J. Jonah Jameson as well.

If the set is anything like the modular buildings from recent years it could also incorporate some other smaller businesses or apartments alongside the Bugle.

3 minutes ago, wesker said:

I imagine there will be a reception area of some kind for the ground floor. There would have to be a main office room for J. Jonah Jameson as well.

If the set is anything like the modular buildings from recent years it could also incorporate some other smaller businesses or apartments alongside the Bugle.

Wow that’s coincidental.

Imagine if the Bugle set sells so well that it spawns an unofficial ‘Marvel’s New York’ subtheme with more modular buildings released in the future. Lego could release D2C sets for the Sanctum Santorum, Oscorp Tower, Baxter Building, Avengers Tower, etc that all attach to the Bugle similar to Ninjago City/Creator Expert modulars.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

You might consider Rocket too as we don't know if it comes in the Benatar.

I'm hoping that this will clear up soon.

Well I mean it's obvious Rocket comes in Benatar, it's his ship after all.

What we don't know is which variant - will they go for accuracy and include IW Rocket, or they don't care and they'll use Endgame Rocket? 

42 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I'm curious about this. 

I mean, Peter Parker's appartment is practically a given

5 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Is it, though? I mean, they could add it somewhere I guess, very cramped, but location wise his appartment isn't near the Bugle...

Regards,
Mitch

3 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

location wise his appartment isn't near the Bugle

Neither is near the Sanctorum, but they made it work last time

Doing a bit of Daily Bugle research, there is a printing room, but it is in the sub-basement. I'd like to get that, as I seem to recall a Spider-Man fight scene (I think with Venom) in the 90s TV show. If they do it that way, we could get a bit of sewer under the street outside, which would likely give us the Lizard.

I do expect JJJ and Joseph "Robbie" Robertson. We could get Eddie Brock and Peter Parker. We should get at least one female reporter character, probably Betty Brant. If Lego want's to do another FF tease, they could choose Miriam Birchwood, who attended Reed and Sue Richards' wedding. If they give us the receptionist, that should be Marge Butler. I'd also hope for Lee Kirby.

If they want to do some serious comic nods, a 2x3 printed tile for Now Magazine would be great. Prints of headline pages as wall decoration are quite likely.

29 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I wouldn't be against that. Like you say, it worked in the Sanctum and from the outside it would just look like a regular apartment building. 

If it means getting more Spidey characters outside of just the Bugle staff I'm all for it!