Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, hvader said:

I want an accurate Mark 46. Them reusing the Mark 43 head and legs did not put a smile on my face

I do hope that we eventually get a remake of the Civil War Airport Battle.  The Captain America and Black Widow minifigures from the Civil War wave reuses from the Age of Ultron wave, which was disappointing.  Most of the other minifigures from that wave would also benefit from upgraded remakes.  Plus I also am not really willing to pay the prices the Airport Battle set is going for now.

32 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If Mark 4 was a CMF figure, it would probably far more detailed than the Mark 3 we are expecting to be included in the Iron Monger set.  A more traditional Iron Man design having a level of detail comparable to the polybag Silver Centurion would be pretty great in its own right.  As for the most noticeable differences in the armors, the Mark 4 has gold highlights on the torso that are not present on the Mark 3, and the leg armor detailing is different.  This comparison of the Hot Toys figures seems to do a good job showing the differences between the designs.

I'm assuming that LEGO was trying to find ways to cut costs on some of the minifigures for the Civil War sets, as that wave also reused the AOU Black Widow minifigure, which in terms of inaccuracy makes the AOU Cap reuse look pretty tame in comparison.

I'm assuming that LEGO would be more willing to invest in a better face print for Killmonger if he's included this year, as they should now be fully aware of how popular of a character he is.

Thanks for that. Much easier to see the difference in 3D as opposed to a book. Personally hoping that we get other suits before this, as they are still fairly close in appearance, and think they would be very similar in LEGO form when there are other suits I find more interesting - Gamma, Disco, Jack and Peacemaker

40 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

prepare for my terrible list
Iron Man—

that dude that dies with the terrorists

Captain America—

Young Cap

Bucky

Baron Zola

Red Skull but without the skull

Stanley Gucci’s character 

Hulk

Never seen this, but I think we need Ross and Liv Tyler’s character 

Iron Man 2

Happy

Whiplash

never seen Thor 1 or 2

Avengers

the scientist guy Loki possesses 

Iron Man 3

better Aldrich Killian

Jim Rash cameo—we need the community characters some way, and half of them are in the MCU—I’m going to add them to this list

Winter Soldier

Falcon in casual clothes

Robert Redford

Rumlow

Dani Pudi’s security guard

AOU

Helen Cho

GOTG

Nova Prime

The collector

that other guy in the nova corps

Ant Man!!!

Darren Cross

Hank Pym

Cassie

Scott Lang Casual

Hope

Luis

Black Panther—still haven’t seen this or Doctor Strange

Civil War—Secretary ross

Homecoming

Flash

Liz

GotG2

Ego

Kraglin

Ant Man and the Wasp!!!

Luis again

Bill Foster

Janet

Infinity War—relatively well covered

Captain Marvel

Jude Law and the other Kree

Endgame

You know everyone, it’s all been discussed here

also, Ken Jeong’s cameo and Yvette Nicole Brown’s character 

Homecoming

mysterio no mask

Same deal with Wandavision as Endgame

This list is by no means complete, but I figured I would give it a shot

The vast majority of these are civilian suits and slight alterations to pre-existing figures. Whatever I don’t want to sound cynical or stubborn but this list basically confirms how unappealing an MCU series would be for me no matter the content. I’m just sad we’re most likely getting repeat characters with civilians clothes and supporting cast in business outfits over exciting comic characters of which there are decades worth of material to choose from that also get overlooked in the sets. The only relieving thing about the legacy wave was the assumption the CMF series would be comic based as a result. This is a humongous disappointment and I’m honestly really not excited about this year bc of the MCU CMF series.

15 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

Thanks for that. Much easier to see the difference in 3D as opposed to a book. Personally hoping that we get other suits before this, as they are still fairly close in appearance, and think they would be very similar in LEGO form when there are other suits I find more interesting - Gamma, Disco, Jack and Peacemaker

Hopefully if the MCU Legacy line continues past this year, we'll get the Roxxon Norco Oil Tanker battle from Iron Man 3 as a set, which would be an easy way to get a lot of those suits.

1 minute ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Hopefully if the MCU Legacy line continues past this year, we'll get the Roxxon Norco Oil Tanker battle from Iron Man 3 as a set, which would be an easy way to get a lot of those suits.

Honestly wish they’d just release all the missing figures in legacy sets over putting them in the CMF series bc MCU legacy sets are much more likely to be made over Inhuman, Young Avengers, Daredevil, and Punisher sets. 

I’m starting to really lose hope in the likelihood of receiving comic variants of existing figures let alone obscure comic characters. Sigh

14 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Count me in. If legacy wave continues, easily Ironman 3 will be the perfect wave to include those suits.

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Count me in. If legacy wave continues, easily Ironman 3 will be the perfect wave to include those suits.

I would love transparent Aldrich Killian/extremis soldier figures

also please remake Mandarin golf cart

Edited by hvader

7 hours ago, SoggyBottom17 said:

I didn’t remember, but Lego Fulcrum posted a daily bugle logo some time ago, do anybody of you guys think it’s really happening?

Did he post it on instagram because I can't find it 

So did this whole bugle rumor start with fulcrum allegedly posting the logo and falconfan saying d2cs may be a comic set

9 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Did he post it on instagram because I can't find it 

So did this whole bugle rumor start with fulcrum allegedly posting the logo and falconfan saying d2cs may be a comic set

Yes, it happened. 

He may have deleted the logo because it was forbidden to post . And I think the Daily Bugle is great for the D2C set

Getting the vibe the CMF series is a mix of different versions, thanks to Falcon's comments on it.

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Anything will sell if you put the right figures in it

7 hours ago, Brickroll said:

If it’s nothing without the figs then it shouldn’t be a set.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To be fair though, there are a ton of sets that would've been really lame without the included figures :tongue: 

While these both are all true, a $300 D2C that is 'really lame without the included figures' would be a yikes from me :tongue: I'm normally after the figures when it comes to Marvel sets but unless the set is flooded with like 10 exclusive figures I desperately need I'm not even going to buy a D2C set unless the build appeals on some level.

1 hour ago, Gremer2 said:

I can't go back and read through 20 pages, so what new information is there?

Lots of speculation regarding the D2C, few titles or descriptions for the new sets. Been trying to organise a list somewhat - but admittedly can understand we have a lot of new information and difficult to keep track.

Edited by Scarilian

I think the 76193 set (Final Battle) will be like set 71708 - Gamer's Market, only in increased form 

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Damn you Falconfan and your cryptic ways!!!

Do we know how many figures? I can never remember if 12 was final, but if it's 12, it would seem too tight to have both

Hahahahhaha! I can see u say this with your fist shaking towards the sky!

1 hour ago, oxy220 said:

I think the 76193 set (Final Battle) will be like set 71708 - Gamer's Market, only in increased form 

Too good to be true.

21 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Too good to be true.

I can't imagine this set any other way.

6 hours ago, doclord said:

Alexander Pierce

Yes, give "Generic bad guy in s black suit" a slot in the series

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

but are the MK3 and MK4 really different enough to warrant two separate figures?

Thank you, I was thinking the same

14 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

Is there any chance that Marvel CMF will be based on the MCU? 

Not gonna lie, I assumed that was a given. Is there anything else that has enough mass market appeal? Lego aren't going to throw a bone to massive lore fans in the biggest impulse product for kids, and given that people like Spiderman have been adapted into the films, what's left? 

(I ask this genuinely: I have never read a superhero comic and have no idea if there's anything they haven't made into a film yet) 

To those hoping for a Daily Bugle set: count me in :sweet: But not for the reasons you may want it, my motivation is far more mundane: limited space :tongue: A vertical set like that would save me a lot of trouble, which is why I also wouldn’t mind a D2C set based on the Avengers Tower

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Not gonna lie, I assumed that was a given. Is there anything else that has enough mass market appeal? Lego aren't going to throw a bone to massive lore fans in the biggest impulse product for kids, and given that people like Spiderman have been adapted into the films, what's left? 

(I ask this genuinely: I have never read a superhero comic and have no idea if there's anything they haven't made into a film yet) 

Agreed. While it's nice to have some obscure characters from the comics and iconic classic looks, we now living in an era that MCU exist, it's very popular, loved by many. 

Specially kids, number 1 target market of Lego/TLG

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Agreed. While it's nice to have some obscure characters from the comics and iconic classic looks, we now living in an era that MCU exist, it's very popular, loved by many. 

Specially kids, number 1 target market of Lego/TLG

That was my thinking. Do the comics have a place? Absolutely. But it's probably more in the sets aimed at collectors - the same demographic who are likely to recognise lots of the comics-only characters - than in the most mass market product Lego do. 

With how little there is from the Endgame battle to build except for vehicles is if possible we get another Giant-Man build like the airport battle? I can’t really think of much else apart from muddy ruins, especially with the lower piece count. Maybe Giant-Man alongside; 

- Another Chitauri chariot 

- Antman’s van 

- One of those Halo-looking tank things 

- Another scaled-down Leviathan 

I really don’t think there’s enough pieces for the Sanctuary II. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

To those hoping for a Daily Bugle set: count me in :sweet: But not for the reasons you may want it, my motivation is far more mundane: limited space :tongue: A vertical set like that would save me a lot of trouble, which is why I also wouldn’t mind a D2C set based on the Avengers Tower

Today could be the day we find out :laugh:

I agree with @cosmic here, I'd be a bit disappointed if the CMF completely shunned comics when we're getting the chance to flesh out the MCU through Legacy waves. 

I wouldn't hate it of course, there are MCU figures I'd be happy to pick up, but comic series can address characters that have mainstream appeal but aren't in the MCU. Characters like Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, the Defenders, SHIELD, X-Men and Fantastic Four aren't in the MCU (yet), but do have movies/TV shows, and thus, their own fans. 

Sure, we'll definitely get some of them down the line, but it's not looking very likely that we'll be getting MCU sets with some of them for the foreseeable future. 

I just want some variety tbh. 

And I guess I'm a little impatient at the thought of waiting till 2025 to see these characters integrated, ha! 

Also, quick aside re: Asgard. I know we've seemingly settled on the Daily Bugle as the D2C, but if it was a comic book Asgard, that locale hasn't been all gold in the comics for some years now I don't think (decades, even) so it wouldn't neccessarily need a load of gold pieces. 

(I don't think it's likely they would have gone that route, I'm just making an observation). 

Anyway, enjoying how busy this place is atm! 

Edited by SEmrys