Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, mgetz said:

Are we getting Infinity Saga Sets this year? because I very much need a stealth suit cap and a WWII cap suit

The only confirmed The Infinity Saga set is an Accessory Set, coming in 1HY. Except for that, we have no idea.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, a person from Marvel denying that a leak is real? How original :sarcasm_smug:

Also, he just said that it's not an official poster, and he's not wrong - it's a promotional merchandise art.

The blue suit is also official, it's been revealed months ago on a promotional material (more like the outline of it, but you could clearly see the details).

Why would he deny that leak? Other deniers do so to stop spoilers from the movie not from future promotional material. I know you think you work for Marvel but sometimes we have to use common sense

5 hours ago, Buckethead said:

The Direct is not a reliable source. Can you ask them how both Jim Carrey and Corey Stoll can be playing MODOK for me?

3 hours ago, mgetz said:

Are we getting Infinity Saga Sets this year?

We are apparently getting an 'Infinity Saga' Avengers Infinity War version of the Hulkbuster, which would make the most sense to be a 1HY set probably in March/April given how early we heard details on it.

In terms of other legacy sets, we've got an accessory set that is believed to be releasing in 1HY also, though it's unclear what it will be based on. Arguably like most people I feel this would probably have characters like Scale Cap and Ronin, because they are highly anticipated.

In general I'd expect any continuation of the legacy wave to be in 2HY, as originally we would have had Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4 and Black Panther 2 sets all in 1HY. I'd hope it'd be a 10th anniversary style wave, probably akin to the Harry Potter sets with golden versions of the main characters and varying legacy builds - maybe even another D2C or large build.

50 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

The Direct is not a reliable source. Can you ask them how both Jim Carrey and Corey Stoll can be playing MODOK for me?

Okay. Tell me some sources you consider reliable, and I can try and find a response to support the poster's authenticity.

Also, The Direct presented the Jim Carrey casting as a rumor shared on Reddit, whereas their article on Corey Stoll was advertised as an exclusive scoop. They even clarify in the latter that the Jim Carrey casting is not true.

Edited by Buckethead

Does anyone know if we would get comic-based Marvel sets (NOT Infinity Saga or TV shoes) in 1HY 2022?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only confirmed The Infinity Saga set is an Accessory Set, coming in 1HY. Except for that, we have no idea.

I wouldn’t even say that is 1HY 

The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline are reliable sources.

Okay I’ll remember you when the Corey Stoll “scoop” is false

This Thor 4 poster thing reminds me of the time Solo a Star Wars story merchandise art leaked and Disney said it was fake only for it to be confirmed real by the Lego sets reveals. 

8 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

Why would he deny that leak? Other deniers do so to stop spoilers from the movie not from future promotional material. I know you think you work for Marvel but sometimes we have to use common sense

Bruh, you must be joking.

First of all, they are a reliable source. They don't have many exclusives, but when they do, they are always right.

And they specifically said that Jim Carrey is not playing MODOK. Learn to read properly before criticising their credibility.

Also, it doesn't matter if it's The Direct, Variety or a random source - it was verified with the company that makes and distributes these posters, and they confirmed it's real.

If you still don't believe it, then you'll wait a few months for official promotional materials, you'll look back at this art, and you'll realise it was actually real all along. 

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

This Thor 4 poster thing reminds me of the time Solo a Star Wars story merchandise art leaked and Disney said it was fake only for it to be confirmed real by the Lego sets reveals. 

Exactly, stuff like that happens, and creators of those movies won't just confirm that we got our first look at the movie through a leaked art.

2 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

It's not false tho.

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t even say that is 1HY 

Would we got a 2HY rumour this soon tho?

I mean, same for the Fulcrum's 5 NWH sets rumour - it happened so long ago, and I don't think he would've had access to information like this nearly a year before they'd release.

6 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

Alright. You got me. The trades wouldn't write an article over a small leak, so I guess I can't find a comment. If it helps, Skyler Shuler over at TheDisInsider confirmed TheDirect's report, and they've been featured multiple times at Variety. Just check their website's About Us page if you think I'm lying.

And what a cryptic thing to say. You're going to "remember" me if the scoop's false? Are you really gonna hold a grudge because I answered your question?

I think a Thor 4 set might be that chariot from the art and another could be Gorr's ship. I wonder if we will, get any greek Gods since I think they were rumoured to show up, a space shark would be nice too. I'm kind of dissapointed Thor 4 will only get 2 sets I think while Eternals got 4 sets (I liked the film, no interest to get any sets for now). Perhaps I will change my thoughts on this after a rewatch. 

Edited by Mr No

7 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I think a Thor 4 set might be that chariot from the art and another could be Gorr's ship. I wonder if we will, get any greek Gods since I think they were rumoured to show up, a space shark would be nice too. I'm kind of dissapointed Thor 4 will only get 2 sets I think while Eternals got 4 sets (I liked the film, no interest to get any sets for now). Perhaps I will change my thoughts on this after a rewatch. 

Russell Crowe is confirmed to be playing Zeus in L&T.

My theory is that he will only appear in the opening scene, where we see Gorr killing the Greek pantheon of Gods. It would be such a badass scene.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Russell Crowe is confirmed to be playing Zeus in L&T.

My theory is that he will only appear in the opening scene, where we see Gorr killing the Greek pantheon of Gods. It would be such a badass scene.

Yeah, but it would be a shame if they kill all the Gods. I heard they might introduce Hercules in this film, or maybe set up. 

15 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Does anyone know if we would get comic-based Marvel sets (NOT Infinity Saga or TV shoes) in 1HY 2022?

I guess we don’t know yet then

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

Yeah, but it would be a shame if they kill all the Gods. I heard they might introduce Hercules in this film, or maybe set up. 

They could leave some of them alive, or just Hercules. It would be a great set up for his appearance, and an interesting origin story.

Hey all,

As Captain Nemo mentioned a few days ago, in the interest of mitigating spoilers related to Spider-Man: No Way Home, this thread will now be locked until December 20th, upon which we will kickstart the 2022 themed discussion. 

Thanks everyone! 

On 12/10/2021 at 9:34 AM, Captain Nemo said:

Speaking of Spider-Man…

FYI everyone, myself and the other Licensed Moderators, @Clone OPatra & @VBBN, will be continuing the Eurobricks tradition of temporarily closing the Marvel thread around the release of a major spoiler filled MCU film, ie Spider-Man: No Way Home. This is the only way to prevent blatant spoiler posts during the first weekend release—this tradition was very much appreciated during past releases such as Endgame. 

As such, the 2021 Marvel Set discussion thread will be locked from roughly December 14th to December 20th

On Monday, December 20th, we will “reopen” the Marvel thread (now to be named 2022 discussion). After which all (Lego relevant) discussion will be allowed. If you come to the Marvel thread on or after December 20th, expect discussion of Spider-Man SPOILERS to be open/allowed, you have been warned!

Thanks everyone! :thumbup: