Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Well, not surprisingly Spider man 4+ sets are terrible! Sure afols aren't target audience for these, but to me they are terrible. Rhino and Hulk are the only good Minifigures here. The rest of them have Mighty micros feel to me, ok Chibi like. Guess I'll will only pick up Rhino set for his great minifigure.

I kinda like the blending of mighty micros and normal figure aesthetics, the parts are a lot more usable alongside figures from normal sets. And of course, mid legs in more colours. Nice.

Looking at Rhino, I'm slightly concerned that he may have his head built into the headpiece, like Bjorn and Ghost Rider (unrelated but I've warmed greatly to the Robbie Reyes figure after actually getting it in person).

The only one I'm likely to actually pick up is the Rhino set, but I do feel the need to mention that the Kamala Khan figure is pretty good and that I hope it appears again in something cheaper. It's also nice to get a Ms Marvel torso that doesn't require a pair of scissors to give it different arms.

These are pretty amazing for 4+ sets! Just look at the amount of new moulds here: two new useful hairpieces, a new helmet for Rhino, web piece, Spider-bot (?) and that claw piece :thumbup: I also appreciate the use of mid-legs for most of the characters

Not a whole lot that appeals to me from this 4+ wave, but there is some stuff that looks useful.  I might try to get the set with Hulk and Rhino when it goes on sale, as both of those minifigures are standouts.  The Ms. Marvel and Doc Ock figures might eventually make their way into future Bricklink orders at some point.   Some of the parts are in good colors, as the red web pieces might look good with Carnage, and the medium legs are nice to see in all those colors (I don't recall seeing them in red, yellow, or dark purple before) I do hope this doesn't prevent us from getting a bigfig Rhino in the future though.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Well i like Hulk and Rhino. I like the medium legs and the spidey tracker (or in my fantasy an alternate spider-man). I like Ms Marvel maybe even better than her former minifig design and the big spidey face dome. That’s about it :-)

Some of those figures are pretty decent. Rhino and Ms. Marvel both look great! Might have to bricklink those. I also like the Spider-bot piece.

Edited by ToaDraco

I don't usually like 4+ sets but that new windshield piece on a couple of the vehicles in this line looks pretty interesting. It's kinda like the windshield piece that originated from the Lego Speed Racer sets back in 2008 only 4 wide. Could be useful in 6-wide Speed Champions MOCs.

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Well, not surprisingly Spider man 4+ sets are terrible! Sure afols aren't target audience for these, but to me they are terrible. 

If you understand these sets aren't designed for AFOLs then why do you consider them to be terrible? These are 4+ sets based on a tv show for preschoolers, I think these sets are really good for what they are meant to be.

The web cage could probably be used for MOC's, hopefully it comes cheap in black eventually so we could replicate the Venom fight location from Spider-man 3. The web claws also in a better colour would be nice.

Rhino is probably the only figure that appeals to me, nice to have a comic accurate version, even if he's not an original Sinister Six member. It also means if we get comic Electro this year (or at least the star mask) then we can complete the original comic accurate Sinister Six and the 'Me and the boys' meme as a bonus.

26 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If you understand these sets aren't designed for AFOLs then why do you consider them to be terrible? These are 4+ sets based on a tv show for preschoolers, I think these sets are really good for what they are meant to be.

I think the best 4+ set concept we have is 76184: Spider-Man vs. Mysterio’s Drone Attack. We get a basic car build, a basic drone build - but we end up getting a figure people desperately wanted (FFH Suit), an alternative of a previous figure (Mysterio) and a figure that used to be in more expensive sets (Nick Fury).

I'd prefer Lego take that approach, where the figures can appeal to kids and older fans - otherwise they generally shift the demographic focus of the sets entirely to a younger audience. The show itself is targetted at those 'Pre-kindergarten' according to Disney which is defined is those aged below 5. Lego is releasing a set advertised as 4+ so if people followed these guidelines, Lego are targetting only those aged 4...

Speaking of Spider-Man…

FYI everyone, myself and the other Licensed Moderators, @Clone OPatra & @VBBN, will be continuing the Eurobricks tradition of temporarily closing the Marvel thread around the release of a major spoiler filled MCU film, ie Spider-Man: No Way Home. This is the only way to prevent blatant spoiler posts during the first weekend release—this tradition was very much appreciated during past releases such as Endgame. 

As such, the 2021 Marvel Set discussion thread will be locked from roughly December 14th to December 20th

On Monday, December 20th, we will “reopen” the Marvel thread (now to be named 2022 discussion). After which all (Lego relevant) discussion will be allowed. If you come to the Marvel thread on or after December 20th, expect discussion of Spider-Man SPOILERS to be open/allowed, you have been warned!

Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

So I actually really like Rhino, sure he's smaller than we all like, but he'd perfectly fit in my comic villain collection. 

Ms Marvel too, not really that keen on her face, but the torso is decent and the hair is perfect! Hulk is also not too bad for what he is, though I might strip him for parts.

Didn't expect that I'd want any of the sets, but I might pick up the Rhino set. I could probably turn the Spidey into some Spiderverse variant

Hmmm. Sets look pretty good for 4+. Anyone else think the Spider-Man head might work for a purist TASM suit?

Could see those webs being used in cool ways in some future action themes.

Lady Ock’s head is good for Screwball possibly.

Kamala, Goblin, and Ock are the 3 best figures here.

Rhino looks like every bad purist we’ve seen of him using that weird Ultra Agents armor.

I like that the Rhino and Hulk set is basically a might micro sized up. A Macro Micro perhaps? And Ock’s vehicle is pretty great for a 4+ set I’ve gotta say.

To be honest, I love those sets for what they are :wub:

I really like the minfigures, nice to see LEGO learn to use mid-legs. Love Spidey's face with huge eyes. Gwen looks really original. While Miles has a great face and torso (better for ITSV representation), the red legs suck, as they look out of place with nothing on the torso to connect them. Love that they jncluded Kamala, great hairpiece. Rhino also looks great, and I like new hairpiece for Doc Ock.

The builds are... well, 4+ builds. I love the new web pieces tho, and how you can merge two of them. I also like how they use pink webs for Gwen and red for Miles.

I really appreciate the amount of new moulds - six across four Marvel 4+ sets. That's amazing. Also, the white box design is great, it looks really fresh.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Why didn’t give Miles black legs by the way? He would look so much cooler. 
Do we know prices already (probably)? I want the Rhino and Lady Ock set

btw are the dual molded legs from hulk new in that combination? Perfect for making a lizard 

Edited by Borex

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Why didn’t give Miles black legs by the way? He would look so much cooler. 
Do we know prices already (probably)? I want the Rhino and Lady Ock set

btw are the dual molded legs from hulk new in that combination? Perfect for making a lizard 

10€, 20€, 30€ and 50€, respectively with set numbers.

to me it really looks like TLG is narrowing down the "for all" products and putting out more sets - and more ressources (meaning molds and prints) for sets clearly made just for small children.

...less "normal" sets that are neither decent for adults nor simple enough for kids. And on the other hand more and more super expensive adult sets. Probably good for them! If they do more sets like the Benethar it's really fine. Basically a almost UCS style set while weird hybrid sets are becoming less.

I don't really care about the sets, which is fine since I wasn't expecting to and there are a lot of other great sets coming out next year. I do like Rhino though, and also I think Hulk's truck is hilarious, I love how they have the bigfig Hulk hands attached to the front of it.

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

You may understand why certain things are done certain way, but that doesn't mean you have to like them.

For what it’s worth, I think Lego has massively stepped up their game with licensed 4+ sets this past year. The Mickey sets were fantastic (even though I’ve yet to pick up most of them) and these ones aren’t too shabby either. 

Some of the new pieces and part recolors are interesting. I actually really dig the new Spidey figure in particular; it looks like a solid cartoony version of the character. I like most of these new figures; I’m just not a huge fan of Gobby’s new face and I agree that the new Miles looks weird with the red legs. I’m trying to buy less sets for just the minifigures but I might end up getting that that Rhino/Hulk set for those characters. I feel like those two would fit in relatively well with the Daily Bugle, which I hope to pick up next year.

Obviously not big on the sets overall (not quite the target demographic) but I do think the Spidey head is cute with the big eyes. Reminds me of a better version of the 2012 Spidey head that got reused to death. Hoping that Rhino head mold gets reused on a more detailed minifig down the line.

So excited with No Way Home releases next week and just opened all the No Way Home sets.  Excellent minifigures but the build were a bit meh ...  Hopefully the new Spider & friends stuff are better, already feel the new pieces worth it.

Just saw Fulcrum post a leaked Love and Thunder poster or concept art on his story, and looking at the designs for Thor, Jane and Korg, I'm really excited for the sets! Some potential for incredible figures, I can feel it