Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm really hoping for Avengers tower as well. That would be such an incredible piece to display with the Bugle...

Am I the only one who wants NWH wave 2 to have cheaper sets? I really love the 4+ Mysterio set because, despite the builds, it was an affordable way to get desirable minifigures. I want a Statue of Liberty set, but I don't want a potentially expensive set to be the only way for me to get some of the desirable characters.

9 minutes ago, hvader said:

Am I the only one who wants NWH wave 2 to have cheaper sets? I really love the 4+ Mysterio set because, despite the builds, it was an affordable way to get desirable minifigures. I want a Statue of Liberty set, but I don't want a potentially expensive set to be the only way for me to get some of the desirable characters.

I could see there being a cheaper set based on the bridge battle that comes with Goblin and Doc Ock, but I think if we get Lizard, Electro, Sandman, and Goblin’s new suit then they will be in an expensive Statue of Liberty set. 

5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

We haven’t had too many sets based off of those, have we?

Here's all the ones that I could find that use the MCU design from 2015 onwards:

76038 Attack on Avengers Tower

40334 Avengers Tower

76166 Avengers Tower Battle

76152 Wrath of Loki

40334 and 76152 are a mini build GWP and a 4+ set respectively, but I chose to count them since they reuse the same design from Age of Ultron. It's probably my personal bias of the comics over the movies, but I'm just a little tired with seeing that be the go-to building for an "iconic" Marvel location when it hasn't even been used by the Avengers in the MCU since 2015, with Tony having sold the place during Spider-Man: Homecoming. It's why it was a huge breath of fresh air for me when the D2C this year was a comic Daily Bugle, a huge Marvel landmark location that should've been made years ago.

It's basically nothing, but Brickmerge has listed 76215 as a new Super Heroes set. No price or anything.

I wonder if this could be the set number for the Hulkbuster D2C?

I would love to see a $500 Avengers Tower but I actually think I might even prefer seeing Stark Tower instead. It's a more visually interesting building and besides being able to revisit a fair amount of figures that haven't been made in a decade they could even pull some characters from Endgame like Pierce, Sitwell and Rumlow who are unlikely to pop up in a set any time soon (if ever).

If we do get Avengers Tower figures like an updated Ultron Mark 1 and casual Wanda & Pietro are a must for me.

Edited by lego_guyon02

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I would love to see a $500 Avengers Tower but I actually think I might even prefer seeing Stark Tower instead. It's a more visually interesting building and besides being able to revisit a fair amount of figures that haven't been made in a decade they could even pull some characters from Endgame like Pierce, Sitwell and Rumlow who are unlikely to pop up in a set any time soon (if ever).

If we do get Avengers Tower figures like an updated Ultron Mark 1 and casual Wanda & Pietro are a must for me.

The only real difference between Stark and Avengers Tower is the top level with the platform right? Everything beneath remained unchanged? So how about a 2-in-1 deal? Modular buildings have removable floors so why not include two alternate top levels that can be swapped out with one another? :laugh:

Sorry if I missed it but has anyone figured out the construction of the eye of Gargantos? It looks like there could be a bubble piece in transparent yellow but it's hard to tell. Maybe trans clear on top of yellow plates? Or maybe a dish piece and not a bubble?

Edited by danth

27 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I think the $500 set will be X-Mansion.

I don't think LEGO would just randomly make a 500€ X-Men set out of nowhere.

They've just started testing the waters with the Wolverine mech. 

Initially did not believe the $500 rumor. Still sort of skeptical to say the least. 

I think the most obvious choice is an Avengers Mansion or Tower (most likely the latter) since I don’t see nor hope they’d make a $500 Hulkbuster or Gauntlet. 

While I think its most likely going to the Avengers or Spidey over anything, I can’t help but fantasize about this being an X-Mansion. I hope this does well no matter what it is so our prospects of getting a highly detailed X-Mansion at a similar price point becomes a viable demand when the X-Men are back on screen in the MCU and reach a popularity level to warrant such a set. 

Even though this is likely Avengers or Spidey related I’m just expressing that I would want an X-Mansion to include a training room, an underground docking station for the Jet, (these can be the same level if not in close proximity), at least a handful of bedrooms even if a few are bunks to include space for multiple mutants, several classrooms and at least one bathroom should the set actually end up getting made. Just had to get that out lol

13 hours ago, wesker said:

The only real difference between Stark and Avengers Tower is the top level with the platform right? Everything beneath remained unchanged? So how about a 2-in-1 deal? Modular buildings have removable floors so why not include two alternate top levels that can be swapped out with one another? :laugh:

Avengers Tower has all the blue glass, while Stark Tower is covered in silver (?) panels. So on top of the top few floors and platform, they'd also have to build an attachment for the outside of the building. 

There's a MOC by ZeRadman that does that exact thing you suggest though. 

It would be interesting to see how an official model would tackle it, but ultimately I think the changes are significant enough that it might be more work than TLG is willing to put in. 

17 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I think the most obvious choice is an Avengers Mansion or Tower (most likely the latter) since I don’t see nor hope they’d make a $500 Hulkbuster or Gauntlet.

Seeing as we are getting another D2C Hulkbuster this year, wonder if we'll wind up with another D2C Helicarrier. I could easily see us getting an updated Helicarrier at some point.

I'd hope it is Avengers/Stark Tower, as long as it can be modded to look like it did in 2012's Avengers it'll be good enough for me... please not a comic inspired version.

Lego better be making sets for Spiderverse 2, especially with (ACTUAL SPOILER UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE NEW TEASER)

Spoiler

it being confirmed as a 2-part movies

Like, you can't tell me they're making an extra set for a movie featuring 3 spidermen due to spoilers then not do sets for a movie potentially having more than 3-4.

I know this is unlikely but if the $500 set is Avengers Tower I hope they make a comic book based one like the daily bugle and not one based on the MCU. that way we can get comic book versions of all the classic Avengers like Ant-man, Wasp, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Black Panther, Giant Man, Hawkeye, Wonder Man ect- all in their classic outfits.

Edited by JediJosh

27 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Lego better be making sets for Spiderverse 2, especially with (ACTUAL SPOILER UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE NEW TEASER)

Reveal hidden contents

it being confirmed as a 2-part movies

Like, you can't tell me they're making an extra set for a movie featuring 3 spidermen due to spoilers then not do sets for a movie potentially having more than 3-4.

ITSV is my favourite movie ever, so I'd love to get sets based on it SO MUCH. 

But I'm pretty sure LEGO won't make sets based on it, and I think they just simply can't. Sony movies never get LEGO sets, yet alone substantial merchandise in general (MCU Spider-Man movies don't count since they work on different rules).

Also, have you just called a movie being a part of a 2-part story, which was also officially revealed, a spoiler? That has to be the wrongest use of word 'spoiler' I've ever seen.

I would expect to see more indirect Spider-Verse tie-ins, such as how we've gotten new Miles variants, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Man Noir, and Spider-Ham in sets since 2019, which I suspect was largely influenced by the Spider-Verse movie.  I would hope we at least get Peni Parker included in a set within the next year or two.  

Edited by spiderfan2000

12 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I would expect to see more indirect Spider-Verse tie-ins, such as how we've gotten new Miles variants, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Man Noir, and Spider-Ham in sets since 2019, which I suspect was largely influenced by the Spider-Verse movie.  I would hope we at least get Peni Parker included in a set within the next year or two.  

Peni Parker pilots a mech. Lego loves mechs. I'm just shocked it hasn't happened yet. I don't know if Peni is in the new movie(s), but even if she's not, I'm hopeful that Lego will include her in a tie-in set.

Due to the complicated relationship between Disney/Marvel and Sony (Marvel makes the money from Spidey merchandise, not Sony, who only profit from the movies themselves), they may not make official sets based on the movie. This may have changed in recent years; after the whole "Spidey's Leaving the MCU!" fan outcry when Far From Home came out, the two seem to have a renewed partnership which may extend to better merchandising. But there's no way Lego won't make some sort of Spidey sets for this, and if they're not "official" sets but just tie-ins like last time, that actually makes it more likely they will include characters that were only in the first movie (although I'm still hoping Peni is in the sequel!)

7 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Is the $500 set confirmed to be a Marvel set? If it's DC, I'm going to be disappointed lol

It's not.

But it's rather unlikely to be a DC set.

16 minutes ago, Buckethead said:
  Reveal hidden contents

MODOK will be in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantummania!

Ant-Man 3 sets are going to be crazy.

I hope they are.

This movie has so much going on and we need a whole wave, or at least two sets - not just one.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope they are.

This movie has so much going on and we need a whole wave, or at least two sets - not just one.

Finally people are getting on the “Ant Man movies need a whole wave” train.

How many sets are we getting for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Thor: Love and Thunder?

I hope we get something based off of Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight

14 minutes ago, mgetz said:

How many sets are we getting for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Thor: Love and Thunder?

4 and 2 respectively.