Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

You're not the only one. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Theres a new squirrel mould in 60326, Picnic in the Park, that gets you Squirrel Girl fans one step closer :laugh:

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He doesn't, he just said that there are no NWH sets in 1HY 2022.

CM4Sci was actually a really reliable leaker, as much as, for example, FalconFan is now. He just stopped leaking info, but he still knows things.

If CM4Sci says there are no NWH sets in 1HY 2022, then there are no NWH sets in 1HY 2022.

Before MoM moved to May, I was kind of hoping that we would see spoiler sets for NWH and MoM together around May as the films are linked. Maybe start of 2HY will see that happen if they exist.

The back of the box has a render of all the characters in minifig form and Wanda is the same as the CMF. I guess that answers why she wasn’t in the set. 

I love how the front and back of the box are virtually the same as they have nothing more to show :laugh_hard:

I didn't notice it at first, but I love that they used mid legs for America.

It's also ironic how Wanda is on the front and back of the box (in LEGO form), but not in the set. It would've been so easy to include her - get rid of the cape and add dark red arms without dual-moulding.

I love the other minifigures tho. There's a lot to love about this set - except for the price and the fact that the most important character from the movie isn't in the set, even tho including her would've been so easy.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I like the new Doctor Strange set! Nice to get a solid creature build for once instead of just random tentacles. And it's honestly been so long since news for this movie broke that I completely forgot America Chavez was going to be in it.

So is this it for the MoM sets?

One way they could've altered Scarlet Witch for her inclusion was to add a hood piece. Have her tiara be printed on and have her wear a red hood. Then, add her hairpiece from the CMF, but have the tiara be high enough up so the physical mold covers it up. Similar to Kylo Ren where he has the mask printed on and as a separate mold. Also, a new face print to appear more fierce (at least on one side) would make for a nice addition as well.

I'm surprised so many people here are upset Wanda isn't in DS set. I mean she is available in Cmf series since September, if you wanted her minifig, you could have gotten her by now. Plus since they can't reuse her from Cmf they would have changed her slightly probably without dual molded arms. If you want Wanda get Cmf version before it retires people!

Edited by benderisgreat

6 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I'm surprised so many people here are upstairs Wanda isn't in DS set. I mean she is available in Cmf series since September, if you wanted her minifig, you could have gotten her by now. Plus since they can't reuse her from Cmf they would have changed her slightly probably without dual molded arms. If you want Wanda get Cmf version before it retires people!

I agree; I'm not too bothered by her absence because I already have her from the CMF, and her costume's not so different to require a remake. But I also recognize that because the CMFs are random, not everyone has her, and not everyone's going to be feeling around the packs or purchasing them from Bricklink. Otherwise, I'm not bothered by her absence.

15 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I'm surprised so many people here are upstairs Wanda isn't in DS set. I mean she is available in Cmf series since September, if you wanted her minifig, you could have gotten her by now. Plus since they can't reuse her from Cmf they would have changed her slightly probably without dual molded arms. If you want Wanda get Cmf version before it retires people!

Like several people have already said, Wanda's MoM outfit isn't the exact same one she wore in WandaVision.

38 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

The MoM set is a January release right? Thats why we got the pics now?

January 1st.

25 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I'm surprised so many people here are upset Wanda isn't in DS set. I mean she is available in Cmf series since September, if you wanted her minifig, you could have gotten her by now. Plus since they can't reuse her from Cmf they would have changed her slightly probably without dual molded arms. If you want Wanda get Cmf version before it retires people!

Precisely, because the dual-moulded arms are inaccurate to ITMoM. She has full Dark red arms there.

It would've been so easy to alter her suit and make it more accurate to the movie.

Not to mention that she's the most prominent character in the movie, and she should've been included in the only set for this movie.

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Like several people have already said, Wanda's MoM outfit isn't the exact same one she wore in WandaVision.

Sure, but aside from long sleeves, there doesn't seem to be any substantial differences from her CMF Minifigure. Some minor changes, yes, but I don't know if that warrants a new Minifigure. 

16 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Sure, but aside from long sleeves, there doesn't seem to be any substantial differences from her CMF Minifigure. Some minor changes, yes, but I don't know if that warrants a new Minifigure. 

It should when she's the most important character of the movie alongside Strange and there's only 1 set for the whole film, not to mention the fact $30 is pretty steep for what this set offers.

So not 2022 related but I opened the Falcon Black Widow 2020 pack! I absolutely love the Falcon fig and army building AIM agents was actually very fun. Only qualm is his wings are uglier in person, really need to modify them.

10 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

You're not the only one. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Happy to hear others want her too, hope the Fox tail from Chima is still in production or they can replicate it as I thought it was perfect for her.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It should when she's the most important character of the movie alongside Strange and there's only 1 set for the whole film, not to mention the fact $30 is pretty steep for what this set offers.

Sure. She should be in the set due to her significant role in the film, but that's different than suggesting she should be included because of minor costume changes (easily fixed by swapping out her arms with single-molded dark red).

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Which is an even better reason why to include her - they don't have to make any new prints, just reuse an old minifigure with some minor updates.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Which is an even better reason why to include her - they don't have to make any new prints, just reuse an old minifigure with some minor updates.

And for this exact reason I'm really glad they actually put Chavez in the set, with a new torso and maybe a new head.. not sure yet.
Always glad when they make new minifigs instead of reusing the same ones that came out this year or the one before. Even if they change it slightly, like adding a poncho (wink Tatooine Luke wink)

40 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

And for this exact reason I'm really glad they actually put Chavez in the set, with a new torso and maybe a new head.. not sure yet.
Always glad when they make new minifigs instead of reusing the same ones that came out this year or the one before. Even if they change it slightly, like adding a poncho (wink Tatooine Luke wink)

No means they should've included Wanda instead of America, but as a 4th minifigure.

Even if they did include Scarlet Witch, no way they would’ve made any updates to her, even if they were slight updates. Her look in Doctor Strange 2 is too similar to her look in WandaVision to justify an update.

Not saying I don’t agree that she shouldn’t have been included in the set. Kind of silly she’s on the box art but not in the set. :wacko:

21 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Even if they did include Scarlet Witch, no way they would’ve made any updates to her, even if they were slight updates. Her look in Doctor Strange 2 is too similar to her look in WandaVision to justify an update.

Not saying I don’t agree that she shouldn’t have been included in the set. Kind of silly she’s on the box art but not in the set. :wacko:

She doesn't need dual-moulded as in ITMoM.

Not only would the CMF variant remain exclusive, but they also wouldn't need to make any new prints, and they'd cut down costs because of using regular arms instead of dual-moulded. 

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

She doesn't need dual-moulded as in ITMoM.

Not only would the CMF variant remain exclusive, but they also wouldn't need to make any new prints, and they'd cut down costs because of using regular arms instead of dual-moulded. 

So proving once again that she doesn't need to be included in the set since we've already have the minifig, we don't need any new part/print and it's in a cheap set (a 4€ CMF bag)
Put the emphasis on 'need' since it could have been nice but really not a big deal

Edited by TobyAis

43 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

So proving once again that she doesn't need to be included in the set since we've already have the minifig, we don't need any new part/print and it's in a cheap set (a 4€ CMF bag)
Put the emphasis on 'need' since it could have been nice but really not a big deal

Agreed. It’s not a necessary minifigure for the set and I’d rather keep the price down, especially for a minifigure that already exists and is pretty easy to get a hold of.

Edited by Moon_Knight

18 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Agreed. It’s not a necessary minifigure for the set and I’d rather keep the price down, especially for a minifigure that already exists and is pretty easy to get a hold of.

The price would be exactly the same lol.

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

Of course she doesn't need to be included, but Wong or Chavez also don't need to be included, yet here we are.

She's the most important character in the movie. She's on the box, twice. Including her minifigure would cost them nothing. Yet she's not in the set.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

22 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

The price wouldn't have to go up, it's a pretty overpriced set as is and the inclusion of Wanda would only make the set better both in terms of value and properly representing the movie. Look at the Escape from the Ten Rings set for example, which has 60 more pieces (including some big ones) and an extra figure for the exact same price as this set.

57 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

She's the most important character in the movie. She's on the box, twice. Including her minifigure would cost them nothing. Yet she's not in the set.

When did they rename it Wanda in the Multiverse of Madness? Dr Strange is the most important character in the movie :laugh:

There is definitely a cost. It could be storage. The 10 boxes required for the 10 parts that make up the CMF figure or the altered one you describe might have been used by other parts/other themes and as the CMF is retired/retiring those boxes might not be around anymore to reuse i.e. her hair piece/torso print.