Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

LEGO need to get their act together with those Disney+ series.

I am absolutely fine with having a CMF series to cover them, but I suppose they won't make a new Marvel series every year.

So are they going to skip most of the Disney+ series? Come on LEGO, they aren't lesser than the movies. If you can cover Star Wars Disney+ series, then so you can Marvel.

who knows if they even can make sets. I wasnt paying attention to the shows so far but from what I've heard they are more adult and serious compared to the movies which might have a broader appeal and work better together with all the cartoon series. So I don't know who is the target audience for them sets anymore. And who knows what concept art Lego is getting. Or when they are able to assess if a show works for their costumers? I find just the tought of a normal retail set from Wanda Vision (the only show I've seen) quite weird, seeing how NOT for children it was.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You could say the exact same thing about MCU movies.

They tend to get more concept art for the movies than they do the shows due to the nature of marketting which generally means we get more accurate figures.

It's all well and good getting hyped over us seeing a character, but unless that character is going to be important going forward then the appeal of a potential figure is generally tied to the design of the figure and the context of the figures inclusion in the material.

In specifics for Hawkeye:

• Hawkeye is mostly dressed similar to his prior figures or in casual clothing, if he gets a more iconic outfit it's likely later in the series and chances are that'd be easier releasing in a Disney+ minifigure series or accessory pack
  • Kate Bishop will certainly show up in a movie or team-up series eventually which would make more sense than releasing her now when her character is less well known
  • Echo is getting her own series, so we have potential for her later and it'd make more sense releasing her as a figure when she's the star of a show
  • Lucky you can use this piece that was released this year in two sets

Honestly if you were doing a set for Hawkeye, right now, then you'd probably just release a figure of the Ronin costume which is likely going to wind up adapted in a Legacy set in 2022 if that subtheme continues, so Lego is missing nothing by not making a Hawkeye series set.

25 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

who knows if they even can make sets. I wasnt paying attention to the shows so far but from what I've heard they are more adult and serious compared to the movies which might have a broader appeal and work better together with all the cartoon series. So I don't know who is the target audience for them sets anymore. And who knows what concept art Lego is getting. Or when they are able to assess if a show works for their costumers? I find just the tought of a normal retail set from Wanda Vision (the only show I've seen) quite weird, seeing how NOT for children it was.

They can.

When it comes to age rating, they are the same as all Star Wars series and MCU movies.

They aren't really more adult and serious, they just touch some topics that MCU has never touched before, because they can allow creators to do more with a streaming series.

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

They tend to get more concept art for the movies than they do the shows due to the nature of marketting which generally means we get more accurate figures.

It's all well and good getting hyped over us seeing a character, but unless that character is going to be important going forward then the appeal of a potential figure is generally tied to the design of the figure and the context of the figures inclusion in the material.

• Hawkeye is mostly dressed similar to his prior figures or in casual clothing, if he gets a more iconic outfit it's likely later in the series and chances are that'd be easier releasing in a Disney+ minifigure series or accessory pack
  • Kate Bishop will certainly show up in a movie or team-up series eventually which would make more sense than releasing her now when her character is less well known
  • Echo is getting her own series, so we have potential for her later and it'd make more sense releasing her as a figure when she's the star of a show

Honestly if you were doing a set for Hawkeye, right now, then you'd probably just release a figure of the Ronin costume which is likely going to wind up adapted in a Legacy set in 2022 if that subtheme continues, so Lego is missing nothing by not making a Hawkeye series set.

Missing nothing?

Hawkeye gets a whole new, more comic-accurate suit.

Kate Bishop appears for the first time ever, and we have no idea when we'll see her again, plus she has 2 purple archer costumes.

If they don't give us at least a set for Hawkeye, then what are the chances we'll get sets for Echo? Even lower than Hawkeye.

I'm not saying we should get a whole wave for Hawkeye, but at least include those 2 minifigs in a Disney+ series. I don't agree with the whole 'well, we'll see them in another movie or series at some point, so we don't need to get them now' logic. 

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't agree with the whole 'well, we'll see them in another movie or series at some point, so we don't need to get them now' logic. 

Especially because costumes will change between shows and movies, as exhibited by Wanda's Multiverse of Madness outfit from the wrapping gift being the WandaVision outfit with some differences. 

44 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The way you laid this out, it really would make sense for the battle pack to be Hawkeye and Kate + 2 Tracksuit Bros.

Assuming all of the things previously discussed don't come to fruition: the 4th CMF isn't DIsney+ Marvel, no Disney+ shows premier before Ms Marvel in June, more sets are dedicated to What If S2 and Infinity Saga; Hawkeye (the show) is left in a weird lego-less void, that could be perfectly filled by a set, which we haven't seen a leak for thus far. We do know about the battle pack, though...

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Especially because costumes will change between shows and movies, as exhibited by Wanda's Multiverse of Madness outfit from the wrapping gift being the WandaVision outfit with some differences. 

Exactly.

Take Ms. Marvel for example. People said 'well it doesn't matter if we'll get sets for this since she'll appear very soon in The Marvels.'

Thing is, she has a whole new suit for The Marvels that's mostly red instead of blue. It's a completely new suit.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They can.

When it comes to age rating, they are the same as all Star Wars series and MCU movies.

They aren't really more adult and serious, they just touch some topics that MCU has never touched before, because they can allow creators to do more with a streaming series.

I don't know mate... Just looking at WandaVision and comparing to the still pretty child friendly Avengers movies. Not to mention Spider-Man

Now Thor3, Guardians and so on were quite a bit more adult but still fun and colourful enough for kids and toys for em. But WandaVision felt more like something you'd do a one off store exclusive location based set (like friends though I doubt there would be a similar demand). I don't see no mech, plane or creature to make for kids out of this. Again, don't know about the other shows but I just don't see the demand for kids.

Due to the very intransparent structure of streaming services I have also no idea how much success these shows have individually. No expert here - I'm just sceptical so can we not try to give Lego some space?

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I don't know mate... Just looking at WandaVision and comparing to the still pretty child friendly Avengers movies. Not to mention Spider-Man

Now Thor3, Guardians and so on were quite a bit more adult but still fun and colourful enough for kids and toys for em. But WandaVision felt more like something you'd do a one off store exclusive location based set (like friends though I doubt there would be a similar demand). I don't see no mech, plane or creature to make for kids out of this. Again, don't know about the other shows but I just don't see the demand for kids.

Due to the very intransparent structure of streaming services I have also no idea how much success these shows have individually. No expert here - I'm just sceptical so can we not try to give Lego some space?

I don't agree, WandaVision is just as kid-friendly as Avengers movies.

First of all, practically speaking, that statement is as untrue as it could be:

All 27 MCU movies so far - PG-13 (ages 13+)

All Disney+ series so far (except for one) - TV-14 (ages 14+)

WandaVision - TV-PG (ages 10+)

WandaVision is technically the most kid-friendly MCU content.

The series itself is a sitcom for like 7 episodes, a criminal-detective series for 1 episode, and a big CGI fight for the last episode. The series touches some more interesting themes with some unusual scenes, but it's still an MCU project that brings as much fun as any other one.

It doesn't have mechs, creatures or vehicles, because it focuses on a single location. Saying that, for example for Homecoming, we got 2 sets: an ATM playset, and a white van.

As for the series' success, they are all really successful. 

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't agree, WandaVision is just as kid-friendly as Avengers movies.

First of all, practically speaking, that statement is as untrue as it could be:

All 27 MCU movies so far - PG-13 (ages 13+)

All Disney+ series so far (except for one) - TV-14 (ages 14+)

WandaVision - TV-PG (ages 10+)

WandaVision is technically the most kid-friendly MCU content.

The series itself is a sitcom for like 7 episodes, a criminal-detective series for 1 episode, and a big CGI fight for the last episode. The series touches some more interesting themes with some unusual scenes, but it's still an MCU project that brings as much fun as any other one.

It doesn't have mechs, creatures or vehicles, because it focuses on a single location. Saying that, for example for Homecoming, we got 2 sets: an ATM playset, and a white van.

As for the series' success, they are all really successful. 

Then we just dissagree which is completely fine (:

I was amazed by good writing and focus on characters instead of action - except for the CGI fest at the end. But I was just thinking all the time "how could kids like this" :pir-laugh:

They made a set for Thor's house in Endgame, no action features, no bad guys, just topless Thor, Korg eating pizza and Fortnite. It looks like a nice set, I don't own it, but was any of that set in high demand? Besides Miek and Korg (though I'm sure we all would rather the gladiator outfit Korg rather than Hawaiian shirt)

If LEGO can make that into a set, surely they could've done the Maximoff Household for WandaVision, He Who Remain's citadel/Loki's bunker for Loki and the Wilson Boat for FatWS. As for Hawkeye, they could do the Dodge Charger chase, or the Christmas Tree.

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Those who've seen today's episode and know the character I'm thinking of would certainly disagree that there will be nothing to miss from Hawkeye. Juuussst you wait :wink:

But other than that, Hawkeye's finale costume is great, and unlike Kate who would have a future with Young Avengers (though I'd rather not wait and need her now!!), we don't know what Clint Barton's MCU future looks like. If Kate takes over as the new Hawkeye and Clint retires, this would be the last chance to get an MCU Hawkguy figure

Edited by Quicksilver838

The Marvel $20 price point with three figures is back? Surely USD 20 right?

It looks like... a thing, with nothing extraneous. Nice.

Honestly looks like a great $20 set! No Wanda is a big surprise, especially since she's shown on the box. Could that possibly indicate the existence of a second set including her?

14 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Honestly looks like a great $20 set! No Wanda is a big surprise, especially since she's shown on the box. Could that possibly indicate the existence of a second set including her?

if we don't get more NWH sets I doubt we will get more MoM sets

Well despite this thing actually looking like it does in the comics, I think everyone would much rather call this Shuma Gorath in my collection.

America Chavez looks great, not just in figure, but this is one of the best looks we've seen of her in the film. Really excited to see her in action

Wong is a beautiful figure, but I wouldn't expect anything less for the greatest hero of all time. Fun fact: we now have more Wong figures (variants) than we do Venom

I love the red around Doctor Strange's costume, reminds me of his Marvel Now suit. His legs are the same as the NWH version, but I don't mind, it's clever how they worked around that. Glad to get another moulded cape too, now I can add one to the older figure or What If Spidey

The set looks excellent! I'm surprised it's Gargantos and not Shuma-Gorath but I have a feeling Gargantos will be a minion of Shuma-Gorath. The bew figures look excellent, I'm really digging Doctor Strange's new comic-accurate look. It's infuriating though that this is the only set we are apparently getting for the movie...

Glad to be getting Wong after I was disappointed with the yellow jacket from the Spider-Man set. Doctor Strange looks great (happy they recycled the cloak and not the printing). Nice to see Marvel finally utilizing the medium legs with America. Giant monsters are great! I'd much rather get sets akin to the Great Protector or Arishem than another mech or car chase.

Doctor Strange 2 set looks great! I love the new variants of Strange and Wong, and America Chavez is nice to get. I’m not mad that they skipped Wanda since I have an extra of the CMF figure and it probably wouldn’t have looked as good. The build looks awesome too. 

Doctor Strange 2 set in theory is pretty good, but not really interested in it as it's just another tentacled monster and I'm getting the vibe it's a minor threat as opposed to a main threat. I'm guessing no second set or Wanda because they just had her in the CMF series and they don't really need to re-release her if the design is the same.

I suppose it allows me to save for the D2C or Summer Wave though