Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Electro looks so good in those new TV spots, hope they do him justice in hypothetical NWH sets :wub_drool:

I’m so excited for Electro

Code names for Marvel Legends Thor Love and Thunder characters leaked. 

Necro, Cracked, Pew Pew, Visor, Helm, Biceps, and Sabaton.

This could be an indication of who pops up in the upcoming Lego sets.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Code names for Marvel Legends Thor Love and Thunder characters leaked. 

Necro, Cracked, Pew Pew, Visor, Helm, Biceps, and Sabaton.

This could be an indication of who pops up in the upcoming Lego sets.

That's for Marvel Legends, which means that about half of those figures are actually for the movie, while rest are comicbook based.

We're getting a 20€ (2-3 minifigs) and a 50€ (4-6 minifigs) set, which means we'll be getting 6-9 new minifigs.

We're definitely getting 2 Thors. Mighty Thor, Valkyrie and Gorr are guaranteed. That leaves us with 2-5 more minifigs. Some of them could be repeats (like Mighty Thor appearing in both sets), but if not, then my guess would be (in order of probability): Korg, Sif, Star-Lord, Rocket and Miek.

We don't really know anything about any other antagonists besides Gorr, but I definitely could see us getting more villains than just one Gorr minifig.

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I really hope we see the Doctor Strange 2 set and Infinity Saga accessory pack soon. Those are still on for January, right?

Yup, as far as we know.

WHERE ARE MY HAWKEYE SETS LEGO?! :tongue:

I need sets, or at least minifigures for this series. Alright, I just need Kate Bishop. A set would be nice tho.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

WHERE ARE MY HAWKEYE SETS LEGO?! :tongue:

I need sets, or at least minifigures for this series. Alright, I just need Kate Bishop. A set would be nice tho.

Only set I'd need is a $10 Star Wars type army builder for the Tracksuit Mafia bros. Throw in Kate and Lucky, and you're all set bro

I think a 30€ set based on the car chase scene would be perfect.

Hawkeye, Kate Bishop and 2 Tracksuit Mafia bros with 2 muscle cars (black one for Hawkeyes and red one for bros), as seen in the promotional materials. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

The fact that the only Disney+ sets we have are those 2 mediocre What If...? ones really is a bummer. I just want to know what they have in mind with those series.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The fact that the only Disney+ sets we have are those 2 mediocre What If...? ones really is a bummer. I just want to know what they have in mind with those series.

Agreed. If Lego thinks there's too much Disney+ content to make sets for, a $10-$20 battle-pack-like set for each show would be perfect. I would love a small Hawkeye set with Hawkeye, Kate, and Echo.

Edited by hvader

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It really was a bizarre choice to only do What If...? since it was certainly the least high-profile of the Disney+ shows. That's not necessarily bad, but it doesn't make much sense in my opinion. Perhaps I'm just too cynical, but I almost feel like the only reason they chose to make those sets was as a way to justify making two more Marvel mechs. 

28 minutes ago, Meadius said:

It really was a bizarre choice to only do What If...? since it was certainly the least high-profile of the Disney+ shows. That's not necessarily bad, but it doesn't make much sense in my opinion. Perhaps I'm just too cynical, but I almost feel like the only reason they chose to make those sets was as a way to justify making two more Marvel mechs. 

I'm probably just as cynical then. :tongue: I'd guess it's based on a combo of Lego knowing what sells/what has sold well in the past (mechs, mechs and filling Spider-Man's garage), shelf life and what information Marvel gives out to the toy companies. Like, if a kid with no hero preferences wants a Lego Marvel set for their birthday, say, next July, are they more likely to ask for the colorful Iron Man mech that transforms into a race car or a set depicting a car chase five shows and six movies back? Considering the D+ side of the MCU just started this year, I figure they'd play it safe to begin with and if the demand is there (CMF should help there), they'll probably include some more D+ sets in the waves (A WandaVision set with two Bro Thor's New Asgard sized vignettes next to each other, one in color and one in B&W? It's gotta be on a list somewhere at Lego HQ).

Well, maybe after we get the obvious missing Spider-rocket that is. And the Spider-yacht. And the Spider-snowmobile  Aaand the Spider-sedan so that he can pick up the little Spiderlings from Spider-school, etc. :laugh_hard:

The international poster for Spider-Man: No Way Home has just been revealed (finally a somewhat good poster after all the garbage ones they've been putting out) and we finally have a somewhat clear official look at Goblin's new costume. I think a potential fig would look pretty cool if it used the Miles/Gwen hood piece in dark green.

21 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think a potential fig would look pretty cool if it used the Miles/Gwen hood piece in dark green.

Only if they release both versions. If we end up with only one minifig of his, I’d prefer the other costume, goofy as it still is :grin:

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The international poster for Spider-Man: No Way Home has just been revealed (finally a somewhat good poster after all the garbage ones they've been putting out) and we finally have a somewhat clear official look at Goblin's new costume. I think a potential fig would look pretty cool if it used the Miles/Gwen hood piece in dark green.

The hood is purple.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Only if they release both versions. If we end up with only one minifig of his, I’d prefer the other costume, goofy as it still is :grin:

Yeah I would prefer the masked version as well. Also just rewatched the TASM series. These movies are so underrated. I can't wait to see Andrew return and finally get a Minifigure version of him

Edited by hvader

I really wish UCS Marvel sets became a more consistent thing, the Daily Bugle and Guardian's Benatar are such amazing sets that I'm finding it hard to enjoy the other Marvel sets.

With the No Way Home sets, I've basically ended up just scrapping the sets for parts and displaying the minifigs onto the Daily Bugle.

35 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

I really wish UCS Marvel sets became a more consistent thing, the Daily Bugle and Guardian's Benatar are such amazing sets that I'm finding it hard to enjoy the other Marvel sets.

Those are my favorite sets of this year and I really hope we get more sets like them in 2HY next year. Stark/Avengers Tower is an obvious choice for another building (plus it would make sense to celebrate the 10th anniversary of The Avengers), and I would love a Quinjet in the style of the new Benetar set. 

Surprised considering the size of his fan base how nobody has mentioned Monkey Kid beat Marvel to doing Big Wheel. Can't wait for the instructions for the set to release so the MOCs will roll out

I just picked up the Sanctum Workshop set today and I don't think I've seen this idea before but Wong's new head could be used to make a really good Flash from FFH
sjRlt2N.jpg
Venom: 10 Reasons Why The MCU's Flash Thompson Could Be The Symbiote's Next  Host
(I haven't found a great torso yet but I'm working on it)

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

I just picked up the Sanctum Workshop set today and I don't think I've seen this idea before but Wong's new head could be used to make a really good Flash from FFH
(I haven't found a great torso yet but I'm working on it)

This one might be more accurate?;

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb3217c01&idColor=63#T=C&C=63