Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Watch the $100 set be a larger version of that buildable Iron Man...

That's basically Hulkbuster D2C, although I am prepared to be disappointed with those 2 mystery sets...

No matter what these two sets are, we’re bound to get at least one additional NWH set at some point. As others have pointed out already, TLG love Spider-man WAY too much to let a golden opportunity like this pass :laugh_hard: Of course it’d be smarter to release something as soon as possible to capitalise on the hype, but we don’t really know how secretive Marvel / Sony were in regards to merchandise :shrug_oh_well: 

Not revealing anything to their merch partners would have been pretty silly though, considering the hype would die down long before the tie-in products could be released. And let’s not forget how much of an open secret some “spoilerific” content was anyway :tongue:

Yeah, it definitely is just a matter of time.

The question is, how much. 4 months? 6 months? A year? No one knows, and the uncertainty is really unnerving. 

When do leaks usually start showing up ahead of Jan/spring waves?
I'd love to know whether I should pick up the Sanctum set or I can wait for another potential NWH or itMoM set.

11 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The big problem with MOCcing the Apocalypseburg set is that the SoL was designed to be displayed and supported diagonally, making modifiying it to a vertical build a structural nightmare. 

Make a stand that displays the set at a 45 degree angle, that way you don't need to alter any of the Statue Of Liberty build - though you'd probably want to ensure the build can handle being displayed at a 45 degree angle... perhaps make some of the scaffolding around it as support also.

13 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

When do leaks usually start showing up ahead of Jan/spring waves?
I'd love to know whether I should pick up the Sanctum set or I can wait for another potential NWH or itMoM set.

Don't quote me on this, but the Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness set is most likely going to be delayed and that's why Lego didn't reveal that set with the other Marvel sets. The Doctor Strange sequel film was pushed from March 25th of 2022 to May 6th of 2022, the Spiderman NWH Sanctum set includes a lackluster build, but the minifigures are amazing. I might recommend waiting, because I'm not sure if $40 is really worth it for that Spiderman set. Some people on Reddit found it at Target for $20, if you are able to get it for that price, I would totally recommend getting it for 50% off. 

1 hour ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Don't quote me on this, but the Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness set is most likely going to be delayed and that's why Lego didn't reveal that set with the other Marvel sets. The Doctor Strange sequel film was pushed from March 25th of 2022 to May 6th of 2022, the Spiderman NWH Sanctum set includes a lackluster build, but the minifigures are amazing. I might recommend waiting, because I'm not sure if $40 is really worth it for that Spiderman set. Some people on Reddit found it at Target for $20, if you are able to get it for that price, I would totally recommend getting it for 50% off. 

They also didn't reveal all the 4+ Spider-Man sets, so it's not related at all to that.

So I got half of the Marvel CMF wave. Not really trying to compete the wave but also not feeing packs for the first time ever. Just going with the flow. Currently have Vision, Bucky (x2), Falcon, Gamora (x2), Panther, and Peggy.

Best one is Peggy hands down. Vision and Falcon are so excellent but Peggy is absolutely perfect in my eyes. Might be a top 3 all time superheroes figure for me. :wub_drool:

The rest are great and blew away any expectations I had (especially Gamora). Most disappointing is sadly T’Challa (Bucky is a little above average too). Great torso, guns, and helmet but everything else falls flat. Much prefer the mech/Queer Eye face too.

Still really only need a Monica and Wanda. Monica’s my most anticipated/wanted of the wave. Love that torso design. Her holding Vision’s computer (pause) is gonna look great.

59 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They also didn't reveal all the 4+ Spider-Man sets, so it's not related at all to that.

Maybe those are NWH sets too. We get 1 Spider-Man and 1 villain in each set

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

They’re based on the preschool Spidey show, which has been confirmed a while ago :grin: We also know the set names and the included minifigs

30 minutes ago, hvader said:

They aren't, we already know the names, prices, piece counts, build and minifigures in them. They are based on a Disney Junior Spider-Man series.

15 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

So I got half of the Marvel CMF wave. Not really trying to compete the wave but also not feeing packs for the first time ever. Just going with the flow. Currently have Vision, Bucky (x2), Falcon, Gamora (x2), Panther, and Peggy.

Best one is Peggy hands down. Vision and Falcon are so excellent but Peggy is absolutely perfect in my eyes. Might be a top 3 all time superheroes figure for me. :wub_drool:

The rest are great and blew away any expectations I had (especially Gamora). Most disappointing is sadly T’Challa (Bucky is a little above average too). Great torso, guns, and helmet but everything else falls flat. Much prefer the mech/Queer Eye face too.

Still really only need a Monica and Wanda. Monica’s my most anticipated/wanted of the wave. Love that torso design. Her holding Vision’s computer (pause) is gonna look great.

I agree, the Captain Carter is excellent! And those arms and legs really enhance the Steve Rogers Cap. :grin:

That’s a bummer you didn’t like the T’challa/Star-Lord minifig. It’s one of my favs! I bought two so I could give my Quill/Star-Lord the dual molded/printed legs.

I’m surprised Monica is your most hyped minifig. It’s a fine minifig, the arms and legs without printing just doesn’t make the minifig as exciting for me. Some gray design on the arms’ sleeves would’ve been acceptable but not necessary. I get all minifigs can’t have arm printing so it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Glad you managed to find some minifigs, though! I’ve gotten lucky in my search and have been able to collect all of them. They’re really hard to find where I’m at.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Do you think we'll get a Lego Marvel CMF Series 2 next year with Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She Hulk, and Secret Invasion characters? Or do you think Lego will make more Disney Plus sets for WandaVision, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki, and What If?

18 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Do you think we'll get a Lego Marvel CMF Series 2 next year with Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She Hulk, and Secret Invasion characters? Or do you think Lego will make more Disney Plus sets for WandaVision, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki, and What If?

I absolutely think so. Disney obviously waited a long time to pull the trigger on a Marvel CMF, and the lack of D+ sets really makes it look like it may be a recurring thing. Lego changing the number of figures in each CMF to allow for more sets per year also really makes it seem like the plan to have an annual set of some theme was created pretty far in advance.

22 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

That would be awesome but I think it's more likely we'll get something else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the current pattern for CMF series is that every year we get two based on different IT'S from different companies, as well as a regular original series (not in that order though). I don't think any company has ever had more than one CMF series in one year, and if anything I think Disney would want something like Star Wars since that seems to be possible now and would sell comparable amounts to the Marvel series, assuming it's similar I'm quality. My guess is we get a second Marvel CMF series in 2023.

No idea. On the one hand, the MCU is popular enough to warrant a yearly series, but on the other, yearly licensed follow-up series haven’t been a thing for a while. Could get stale rather quickly, even with the amount of shows on the horizon :shrug_oh_well: If they stopped releasing comic-based stuff or made-up Spider vehicles, they’d have enough set slots to cover all of them :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Meadius said:

That would be awesome but I think it's more likely we'll get something else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the current pattern for CMF series is that every year we get two based on different IT'S from different companies, as well as a regular original series (not in that order though). I don't think any company has ever had more than one CMF series in one year, and if anything I think Disney would want something like Star Wars since that seems to be possible now and would sell comparable amounts to the Marvel series, assuming it's similar I'm quality. My guess is we get a second Marvel CMF series in 2023.

I know that there's going to be 4 CMF Series next year. 3 of them will have licensed characters, while the other one will be non licensed. Series 22 comes out in January and The Muppets series will release in May. I feel that around August- September we could get another Marvel Disney Plus series, because the first one sold so well. I hope we get Marvel CMF Series every year alongside each of the new shows, even though my wallet wouldn't be happy about that

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No idea. On the one hand, the MCU is popular enough to warrant a yearly series, but on the other, yearly licensed follow-up series haven’t been a thing for a while. Could get stale rather quickly, even with the amount of shows on the horizon :shrug_oh_well: If they stopped releasing comic-based stuff or made-up Spider vehicles, they’d have enough set slots to cover all of them :tongue:

I agree that Lego should stop making so many Spiderman vehicles! It doesn't make any sense, Spiderman swings on webs, he doesn't need a mech or a over sized motorcycle! I agree if they stopped making those type of sets, maybe there would be room to make more Disney Plus Marvel sets. I was disappointed that both What If sets were mechs of all things, come on Lego!

40 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

If we were to get series 2 next year (which I hope we do), I imagine it'd include Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and maybe What If season 2. Could see Secret Invasion being left out due to it's later release date, like how Hawkeye was left out of series 1

I feel like if we did get a Hawkeye set, even though it probably won't happen at all, I would love to see that car chase scene as a set. It would be about $20- $30 and include Clint Barton, Kate Bishop, and Echo. It would come with two cars, recreating the scene in the trailers when The Tracksuit Mafia are chasing them and Kate uses an exploding arrow. I'm really sad Hawkeye is the only Avenger that hasn't gotten a Lego set branded under him, I still need to get myself a Hawkeye minifigure to complete the original Avengers lineup

With Agatha getting her own TV show, it makes sense now that she was excluded from the CMF. I'd expect if Hawkeye gets the same treatment, we may not see Echo til the year her show runs.

If I had to guess, I'd say a CMF would include Hawkeye, Kate Bishop, SheHulk, Titania, Moon Knight and a supporting character, Ms Marvel, Red Dagger, Kamran, 3-4 What If S2 characters. 

2 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I really hope Hawkeye doesn’t get skipped. I need Kate Bishop and Lucky. 

A Lego Lucky The Pizza Dog would be amazing! We need to get something for Hawkeye, I'm hoping it doesn't get skipped too. I heard Kingpin might be in it too

If we're to assume Marvel's Disney Plus Day presentation was in chronological order, then I wouldn't expect season two of What If...? to release until 2023. If we do get a second Marvel CMF next year, likely shows would include Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel, with the possibility of characters from Secret Invasion, I Am Groot, and the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.

5 hours ago, Buckethead said:

If we're to assume Marvel's Disney Plus Day presentation was in chronological order, then I wouldn't expect season two of What If...? to release until 2023. If we do get a second Marvel CMF next year, likely shows would include Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel, with the possibility of characters from Secret Invasion, I Am Groot, and the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.

I think LEGO would be absolutely crazy not to make a GotGHS-based Advent Calendar.