Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

it will be very cruel to us for lego to only make those 2 sub par NWH sets that are currently out as the only sets to represent the film lmao

Yes, but it's still to be seen how much companies were given as far as spoilers, as well as how LEGO decides to fit these sets into their current lineup. I could definitely see the $100 being another NWH set, but we'll see. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How would you rank how excited are you to get each one of those villains in LEGO?

1. Electro (great design, I hope there are eletricity prints all over the minifig)

2. Green Goblin

3. Lizard (would be #2 if he had a lab coat)

4. Doc Ock

5. Sandman (I think he could just be just a Molten Man build and save a minifig slot)

12 hours ago, cosmic said:

I know this is from a forgotten era of Marvel comics, and Carol seems to be attached to the Captain Marvel title, I’d love to see a Mrs. Marvel Carol Danvers figure someday. Not sure what they’d squeeze her into, she’d need no new moulds so I can see her being an easy polybag pick. But they’ve never done girls for a polybag so idk.

30453, 30617, 30612 just from super heroes beg to differ, but I would agree that Lego does not typically put out nearly as many minifig based polybags as builds, and of the non-friends line polys with figs most do not include a female-based figure.

I also don’t find it surprising however, since most Lego lines are geared to males and most leads in shows/ movies are male.

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, but provided that we get all those villains; we don't even know if we'll get one villain, let alone all five of them.

Bruh, you’re the one who asked people to rank them lol

Considering that LEGO prioritizes Spider-man over all other marvel characters, to the fact that they made up Spidey stuff for January 2021 and then made sets off a preschooler show in 2022, the idea that they won't make more NWH sets is ludicrous. The question is when they will come out and not IF.

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Bruh, you’re the one who asked people to rank them lol

Bruh, not my point. I was referring to Guyon saying that Lizard is his least hyped villain because he could be skipped by LEGO.

He could, but we don't even know who we'll get or if we'll get anyone at all. So just assume that we're getting them all for ranking's sake.

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

3. Lizard (would be #2 if he had a lab coat)

I dunno why he doesn't have it in the trailer, but he will have it at some point :moar:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How would you rank how excited are you to get each one of those villains in LEGO? 

1. Electro

2. Green Goblin

3. Doctor Octopus 

4. Lizard 

5. Sandman

Electro is the most deserving of a good figure imo, and the Dafoe's Green Goblin is a figure I always wanted as a kid. Lizard, as a movie villain, I find kind of bland, but we've had Sandman so many times that Lizard manages to evade the bottom spot.

If we do get these sets, I'm curious as to whether we'll get a classic Spider-Man 2 Doc Ock, or if they'll give him his new Iron Man tentacles? 

7 hours ago, KevinMD said:

30453, 30617, 30612 just from super heroes beg to differ, but I would agree that Lego does not typically put out nearly as many minifig based polybags as builds, and of the non-friends line polys with figs most do not include a female-based figure.

I also don’t find it surprising however, since most Lego lines are geared to males and most leads in shows/ movies are male.

Thanks for the good examples. Its true most superhero lego fans are boys so polybags will cater to them. Still not sure where we’d get that design though but like I said its from a few era’s ago its unlikely Lego would revisit it. But we have gotten plenty of surprises so never say never I guess. I’m also wondering if we’d ever get an Elektra figure honestly.

This $40 Iron Man build looks, weird :/

Edited by cosmic

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1. Green Goblin with mask (I love his 2002 design)

2. Electro (the new design is PERFECT)

3. Doc Ock

4. New Green Goblin design (with the hood and goggles)

5. Lizard

6. Sandman (I'm still very excited about him just less than the others)

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1: Lizard (Easily the most interesting for me, because we have not gotten any version of the character before)

2: Electro (Assuming we get a mask piece, otherwise he might drop down a spot or two)

3: Green Goblin with mask (The 2002 minifigure, while still great, could use an update)

4: Doctor Octopus (I'd hope the look of the tentacles is done right)

5: Green Goblin without mask (This might move up after we get a better look at the design on screen)

6: Sandman (As a character we've gotten in a lot of sets recently who likely won't have a drastically different look in the movie, I'd only be particularly interested in a minifigure if we finally got a torso print with no sand on it.  A brickbuilt version could be hit or miss in quality depending on how its done)

Edited by spiderfan2000

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How would you rank how excited are you to get each one of those villains in LEGO? For me it would be:

1. Lizard

2. Electro

3. Green Goblin

4. Doc Ock

5. Sandman

For me it would be:

1. Green Goblin (probably my favourite villain design, really deserves an updated Minifigure or even a rehashed 2002 variant!)

2. Doc Ock (Spider-man 2 is by far my favorite Spider-man movie and probably my favorite superhero movie of all time, so another Doc Ock Minifigure based on the Spider-man 2 design would be insane)

3. Sandman (The first Sandman fight in Spider-man 3 was one of my favorite parts of that movie, other than the dance, so hopefully we get a Thomas Haden Church-looking Sandman that's not made entirely or partly of sand. That would be a first for LEGO, wouldn't it?)

4. Electro (I just want to see the mask as a new mold that can be repurposed for a comic-accurate Electro)

5. Lizard (I don't really care for Lizard, but a non-Mega Bloks figure of him would be interesting)

Also, has anyone realized how sick the Daily Bugle would look if you replaced the respective villains with their NWH counterparts? That's what I'll be doing...

...As soon as I get the Daily Bugle, that is...

10 minutes ago, Sansy said:

Also, has anyone realized how sick the Daily Bugle would look if you replaced the respective villains with their NWH counterparts? That's what I'll be doing…

That’s actually a great idea. The five villains (if we get them), Tobey and Andrew (if we get them), Tom in the Integrated Suit, and Doctor Strange. I’ll certainly be trying that if we get all these figs. 

Give J. Jonah Jameson the bald piece too. 

1 minute ago, NeutralNoodle said:

That’s actually a great idea. The five villains (if we get them), Tobey and Andrew (if we get them), Tom in the Integrated Suit, and Doctor Strange. I’ll certainly be trying that if we get all these figs. 

Give J. Jonah Jameson the bald piece too. 

Me who was planning to use the hair from the 2004 Minifig of him:

goals.jpg

25 minutes ago, Sansy said:

Also, has anyone realized how sick the Daily Bugle would look if you replaced the respective villains with their NWH counterparts? That's what I'll be doing...

...As soon as I get the Daily Bugle, that is...

I’ve been working on a list of customs to try to pull off the right look, although I doubt I’ll be able to afford it. I think it would look great, (plus I’m adding in other Raimi/Webb characters too)

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I’ve been working on a list of customs to try to pull off the right look, although I doubt I’ll be able to afford it. I think it would look great, (plus I’m adding in other Raimi/Webb characters too)

Cool! Would love to see pics if you're able to pull it off! I'll probably just make customs of characters like Robbie, Eddie, and maybe Kirsten Dunst Mary Jane.

9 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I bet someone can rebuild the "Welcome to Apocalypseburg" set into the final battle for NWH, given how it is a giant statue of liberty build.

I actually had a similar thought...

1 minute ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

please someone do this after the film comes out, I'd love to see it

I would, but there's one small problem: I don't have Welcome to ApocalypseBurg.

I have it but I also have next to no MOC building abilities lol.

That trailer was fantastic. I’m in agreement with most of you; hopefully we get the Statue of Liberty Battle as a large set, a Sandman build and hopefully all of the other legacy characters (Tobey, Andrew, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lizard and Electro) are made.

Edited by The Stud

Yes please someone do that! I’m actually surprised that nobody in the community has rebuilt the Apocalyseburg Statue of Liberty into the full statue yet. Its been some years already.

A few months ago when the movie plot leaked and they mentioned a battle at the Statue, I scowered the internet to see if any Statue of Liberty sets would be adequate enough for a display piece, or better yet if anyone had any good MOCs made. The Architecture version is entirely too small. The closest to an appropriate size I found was set 3450. Its amazing but so blocky and some of the building techniques could use an update - plus its wild expensive. 

So all that to reiterate what others have said… please someone make a MOC of the dang thing :laugh:

The big problem with MOCcing the Apocalypseburg set is that the SoL was designed to be displayed and supported diagonally, making modifiying it to a vertical build a structural nightmare. And if you really want it to be accurate to the MCU you'd also have to replace all the green as it seems whoever is building that Captain America shield has also restored the statue to it's original copper look (it turned green because of oxidation).

Edited by lego_guyon02

7 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I bet someone can rebuild the "Welcome to Apocalypseburg" set into the final battle for NWH, given how it is a giant statue of liberty build.

Yeah if the 100 dollar set is based off NWH then it will have to be the Statue of Liberty final battle for sure!

5 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Yeah if the 100 dollar set is based off NWH then it will have to be the Statue of Liberty final battle for sure!

Watch the $100 set be a larger version of that buildable Iron Man...

Edited by hvader